main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Tide Turns - OT/X-wing characters, pre-Dark Empire, updated 11/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonng

jonng Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    We?re going to authorize the permanent addition of the Defiance to the core task force
    Finally. :)

You know, liquid, generally in a cup, you drink it, thus the term?
    *Remembers the countless times I've done that* [face_laugh]

2. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    ///?Someone?s been reading my reports after all, then?? Wedge asked. ?Pity. I was going to stop filing them for a week or so and see if anyone noticed.? /// LOL one of my favorite parts...
    More?Soon?Please?

3. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Poor Wedgie... he should have had that drink.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent story... I like the way this is going

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great posts. :D

Loved the bit with Leia and Anakin. I concur that the Council shouldn't mess with the hormonal pregnant woman.

I'll never understand why Leia just leaves Han hanging in DE instead of actually answering the question. At least in the audio drama she had the decency to say "I'm pregnant." :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

6. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wedge is an idiot. ;) My personal opinion.

Nice couple posts, Kev. Liked Leia's impressions of Anakin.

7. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
  8. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I hope you don't mind the *UP* now ;)

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey, guys, sorry about the delay, last week was a really busy week at school (they all will be from here on out, to be honest, so I'll probably be averaging about a post a week, unfortunately :()

RebelMom- Yeah. Unfortunately, thanks to [Agent Smith] Mr. Anderssssssson's [/Agent Smith] whole Qwi Xux subplot, they have to remain somewhat distant for now. *Is INCREDIBLY glad that Aaron Allston fixed that*.

jonng- Heh. Yeah, about time someone in the government did something right -- or, for that matter did SOMETHING ;).

Jeanida_Myrishi- Heheheheh, that's my favorite line as well :).

SpeldoriontheBlended- Yeah. *Frowns* For that matter, his parents should've thought things through when they named him ;).

Rogue...Jedi- Thanks :).

Daughter_of_Yubyub- Yeeeeeeeah. And, although this may be impertinent, for crying out loud, shouldn't Han have SOME idea? (lol)

womp_rat208- Heh. But Wedge is a very intelligent idiot ;). Thanks :). I'm understandably not entirely confident in my ability to write a pregnant woman (lol).

SpeldoriontheBlended- Thanks for the up.

-thor- Yes, now it's been a significant amount of time with no post ;). Thanks for the up :).

10. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    A few hundred meters away, several members of Rogue Squadron were having a drink. One of these members was Myn Donos, who was nursing an Alderaanian ale and an unhappy expression. Before he could speak, Kirney?s hand was on his, gently tugging it away from the ale and into her gentle but insistent grip. ?You have something to say,? she said.

Myn nodded, succumbing to the gentle pressure and letting his hand rest in both of hers. A pleasant tingling ran up his arm and down his spine as Kirney rubbed his hand gently, her eyes giving him an expression suggestive of openness to listen, but exerting no pressure for him to hurry whatever he had to say if he didn?t want to. Myn smiled appreciatively and wrapped his other hand around hers. ?I?m not quite sure how to say this,? he told her.

A lazy, unworried smile accompanied her reply of, ?Whatever it is, Myn, you know you can just say it.?

Nodding, Myn tried to shrug off the sudden unease he felt within. He didn?t exactly feel nauseous, but his stomach had adopted a decidedly acidic churning, and the muscles in his neck and shoulders felt as if he had just been exercising vigorously, curiously weak yet tense. ?I?? he sighed, more tingling went from his chest to his shoulders and arms, this time less pleasant in both their source and experience. ?I think you should leave.?

Perhaps owing to her intelligence training, perhaps nothing more than an innate defense mechanism common to all people who weren?t quite sure if they were about to be hurt, Kirney?s face became a mask. Myn thought she probably hadn?t expected this, but obviously couldn?t be certain.

?Oh?? was the only answer she finally offered.

All right, she hadn?t flat-out erupted over the nature of the suggestion, now it was time to explain. ?I love you, Kirney? but you?re in danger here. I know the Rogues and Wraiths only worked together a few times, but if anyone recognizes you??

That seemed to make sense to Kirney, which was a huge relief to Myn. ?Especially Commander Antilles or Janson.?

?General Antilles,? Myn corrected. ?And I actually already told him.? At her betrayed expression, he added, ?He was the one who gave me your message in the first place, he said something about believing in happy endings. And I didn?t tell him I had brought you with until I gauged his reaction to the fact that I had seen you. He was glad I didn?t kill you.?

?I was at least somewhat pleased with that particular choice as well,? Kirney informed him with a sardonic smile.

?Janson, on the other hand, I?m not sure about. He seems like he?d be willing to keep a secret.? He sighed. ?Regardless, you?re in danger here anyway. Not just from discovery, but you may have noticed there are an awful lot of Imperials trying very hard to blow us up.? His gaze dropped to the table. ?I really don?t want you to have to leave, I just? I also don?t want you to get hurt. And I know you have to have more important things to do than follow me around, even if we only recently found each other again.?

Kirney nodded and lifted Myn?s hands to kiss both of them. ?You?re right, Myn. Thank you, it must?ve taken a lot for you to realize that.?

That made him feel better than he otherwise would have. ?You were going to leave anyway??

?Not now, but soon,? she affirmed. ?I still have a company to run. Of course, with Corellia?s ?neutrality? ? I am, of course, using ?neutrality? in the sense of ?let?s see how much mistreatment of New Republic sympathizers we can get away with before the Empire takes over again and we can openly persecute them? ? I?m going to have to find a New Republic world to operate on.?

Myn shrugged. ?You used to be a Wraith, I?m pretty sure you have a good idea where you could do that, I am of course willing to offer suggestions??

?There?s no need for that.? She smiled. ?Coruscant.?

Myn blinked. If it weren?t for the fact that his drink had lost more volume to evaporation than him drinking it, he would?ve guessed that his senses had been dulled by the stuff. ?Coruscant? I thought the general

11. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Awww, aren't they... um... not exactly cute. Competent? ;)

And I think Janson would be more then happy to keep their secret. He's the happy-go-lucky sort, he'd probably start asking about wedding preparations. ;)

12. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmmmmmm ... [face_mischief] ... Why do I get the feeling that "packing" isn't all they're about to do ? [face_mischief] :p

13. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Sorry to have missed a couple of posts...DRL and all.

Great job!

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    According to my data this thread has been inactive for 7 standard days now. Upping ... ;)

15. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    Awesome posts!!! I know I've been MIA, but here I am. Now where are you? 8-}

*Clef

16. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
  17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey guys, REALLY sorry about the delay, I had a really busy week.

womp_rat208- Heh, that would be pretty funny. And I think "competent" is the most original compliment I've ever heard attached to a couple, gold star for that one ;).

-thor- No comment (lol).

LadyPadme- Thanks :). Lol, no need to apologize for DRL, I've been experiencing it myself.

-thor- lol, thanks for the up

Clef- Hmmm, let's see... yeah, according to the post date on your message, that was definitely during the Week from Hell ;).

SpeldoriontheBlended- Thanks for the up :).

Okay, I hope all of you are ready for a post now, because I finally am ;) :).

Tycho Celchu paced nervously before his comm unit. It had been trying to establish a link to Coruscant for almost twenty standard minutes, and it might take twenty more the way things were going. The lines were jammed with military traffic, and Tycho understood perfectly well the need to place personal calls on lower priority given the situation.

But that didn?t make it low priority to him.

Tycho sighed. This wasn?t like him. Normally he could accept the needs of any given situation with a stoic attitude, normally he didn?t even have to [i]think[/i] about it. Normally?

?Signal acquired. Please enter comm code.?

Tycho scrambled to the unit and punched in the twelve-digit combination of letters and numbers that he knew more instinctively than his own serial number. A few moments later, the view changed from the impersonal military menu screen to a face that made Tycho?s breath catch in his throat.

That face lit up with a smile with such warmth that for a moment Tycho wondered how in the galaxy she had gotten her name. ?Tycho,? she said, her voice a sonic echo of the expression.

?Hi, Winter.? The uncharacteristic petty frustration he had been feeling began to bleed away and a soothing tingling sensation spread from his chest to his limbs with each breath. ?I, uh?? That was interesting. He actually wasn?t sure why he had called her, and yet it had seemed unspeakably urgent.

A knowing smile spread across her features. She helped ease him from the danger of embarrassment by saying, ?Hey, it?s okay. I miss you, too.?

Tycho sighed. He did miss Winter, but also hoped he wouldn?t see her as soon as he?d like to. Because if he saw her soon, it would mean the enemy was at the gates of Coruscant. No, he?d much prefer Coruscant to remain safe for her. But then?

He sighed again. It wasn?t exactly the best way to start off a conversation, but he had to be honest, right? ?I want you off Coruscant,? he told her.

Winter?s expression was a study of understanding, but she shook her head. ?I can?t, Tycho. The princess needs me.?

?I know,? Tycho said. It hadn?t been a demand, simply a declaration of his feelings. Now that that was out in the air, he asked, ?How are things, anyway??

?Not good,? Winter admitted, glancing over her shoulder as though checking who was in earshot. ?Leia and Ackbar walked out on a council meeting yesterday afternoon, it?s already all over the HoloNet. Mon Mothma has invited them to dinner to smooth things over, but? I don?t know. I don?t remember the last time Leia was actually mad at Mon Mothma. She?s been frustrated before, but??

Tycho frowned at the look of worry in Winter?s eyes, so subtle he doubted anyone else would?ve noticed. ?What is it??

A helpless sigh revealed the uncertain expression that Winter hadn?t allowed him to see until now. ?Something?s changed, Tycho. Leia?s been acting strange lately? erratic.?

?Maybe it?s the stress,? Tycho suggested.

Winter shook her head adamantly. ?Stress doesn?t get to her like it gets to most people. That tends to happen once you?ve done a majority of the work building a government from the ground up. I think? I don?t know, I shouldn?t say anything.?

Tycho couldn?t think of anything to say but, ?I hope everything works out.?

?Yeah, so do I.? Winter hesitated. Her expression became one of apology for the track the conversation had ta

18. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Whooooooooo! Back from the Big Spliffy! *coughcoughAmsterdamcoughcough* And a post! More Whoooooooness! ;) (See my bio from details)

Poor Tych. But we know what's up with Leia, don't we boys and girls!

Boys and Girls: Yes, she and Han have been-

Me: Shh! You're parents are listening!

:p

Sorry. If that offends anyone, tell me and I'll edit it out. :)

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Tycho.

glad to see you escape from the clutches of DRL. :)

20. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Man, I know that feeling of being really far away from the person you love, and not being able to change that. And it sucks. I know how Tycho feels.

Cept I can't go down to the bar and get a drink. :p ;)

21. jonng

jonng Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Winter suspects. :)
    I want a perfect memory.

22. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    That was very enjoyable. I just read all the way through. I like the way you've set up the conflict. Corellia will be an interesting force during this conflict, especially for all our Corellians.
    I really like the way you write Wedge and Tycho, and Corran (I vote for more Corran time). Consider involving Han with the military, or Lando. good luck, I can't wait for more.
    ~Rosy

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ah .. one of those "I don't know what to say, but I have something to tell you" calls, eh? :p ;)

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    And up again ...

25. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Sorry about the wait, guys, I've had a ton of stuff to do every day, not the least of which has been homework...

But I don't have school today, yay! So all I have to do is work on college applications, and I have time to write and stuff, yay :).

SpeldoriontheBlended- Lol. I'm sure "Leia is--" would've sufficed, no need to discuss what came before that ;).

RebelMom- lol, escape? Were that it was that easy ;).

womp_rat208- LOL. Well, I wouldn't if I could, I've promised myself I'm never going to drink. Most of my friends think I'm nuts.

jonng- Heh. Yeah, it would be cool, but I'm sure it must get annoying sometimes. "Do you remember--" "Yes." "But I didn't even finish my sentence." "Consider who you're talking to." ;)

RosyRedFinguredDawn- Yay, new reader :). Glad you like it so far :). Han and Lando's comissions are reactivated by the time of the events of Dark Empire, so they will eventually be involved in the military, but I haven't decided in what capacity yet for Han. He might even just reactivate his comission at the very end or something. I do have plans for Lando, though.

-thor- LOL. Yeah, those calls can be fun sometimes.

-thor- Thanks for the up :). (Yes, I do realize that I probably could've made that one single message, since your posts were back-to-back, but I'm just weird like that ;))

Lia paused on her way across the street as she saw the large group of people gathered at the far side. Though groups like that usually meant trouble, Lia couldn?t contain her curiosity. Besides, she only had a few things to pick up at the shop, and it could wait a few minutes. There was barely anything to buy in the ?marts these days anyway but the bare necessities.

A charismatic Twi?lek male stood on a platform, flanked by two others, a Gotal and a Bothan. That was hardly a new sight to Lia; Metellos?s entire surface consisted mainly of nonhumans and a few scattered groups of poor humans like Lia. The rich lived high above in floating cities, rarely even coming into contact with surface dwellers.

Something about the mood of the crowd made Lia feel uneasy, but she wouldn?t turn away now. She?d probably be thought of as a bigot, not a label one wanted attached to her when living on a planet with demographics like this one. Besides, she really didn?t have a problem with nonhumans.

Well, most nonhumans. Rodians tended to bother her? she knew it wasn?t fair to them, but she couldn?t help it.

Lia quickly noticed that she was the only human in the crowd, but that didn?t matter. At least, she hoped it didn?t.

?Do not be fooled by war-mongerers and oppressors!? the Twi?lek was saying. ?All violent regimes are the same! The New Republic is no better than the Empire! Why should we fight for it??

A roar of approval from the crowd drew Lia unthinkingly closer. She had nothing against the New Republic, but this was [i]interesting[/i]? she didn?t even notice the handful of stares in her direction.

?The ?Inner Council? is nothing but an oligarchy! What difference does it make if we have [i]one[/i] dictator or [i]eight[/i]!??

More cheers; this could get ugly at any moment, Lia knew, but she might as well see how it turned out.

At least, that was her feeling until the Twi?lek went on, ?It?s always the same, is it not? [i]Humans[/i] ruling as they did under Palpatine??

Now the roar of the crowd was one of bloodlust, and Lia shrank away from it meekly. What had she gotten herself into? No, retreating wouldn?t be smart, that would draw attention to?

Too late. Several eyes had already turned towards her. She tried to flee, but as she was surrounded, it wasn?t long before a hand grabbed her arm and the sound of metal against leather signaled a blaster being drawn. ?You better come with me,? a voice whispered in her ear.

Meanwhile, the speaker was still going on. ?Just as it is here, on our very home planet! Rich [i]humans[/i] live above us in orbit, and we?re left down here at their feet to pick up whatever scraps they choose to thr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.