main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ties That Bind (Ani/Ami A/U.... was a speculation fic. Completed 11/30!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    First off, I started this before I knew -anything- about Episode 2. Then I saw the movie (I'm sure you'll be able to tell when) and kept working on it. I'd really appreciate some feedback on it, so lemme know what ya'll think!

Amidala is still the Queen (it's explained later) but that's all you really need to know.

Before I forget... Spoken is in quotations. Thoughts spoken to another person are in *'s.

The Ties That Bind

Ice blue eyes haunted her dreams, the sadness lingering underneath the smile, the intelligence and the laughter. She rolled over, tugging the covers to her chin as she tried to banish those blue eyes to the dark recesses of her memory. After all this time, she found herself doubting his eyes were ever that intense shade of sapphire. She groaned, frustrated, and tugged her pillow over her head. Her 23rd Birthday was fast approaching and she hoped to see him again. She'd seen him briefly, about 3 years ago and been taken aback by how much he'd changed.

Underneath his master's influence he'd gained a poise, a calmness... not to mention a charming streak a mile wide. Oh, she'd only seen him for a few hours, but he was already taller than she was. He'd had yet to fill in, standing at a lanky 6'4", but his smile hadn't faded. She'd seen the look in his eyes when he smiled at her and she couldn't help but wonder if his crush on her would ever fade (and she secretly hoped it wouldn't). Not that she minded, it was endearing, even if some of the looks he'd given her made her uncomfortable.

Liar, she accused herself silently, pulling her head out from under the pillow and staring at the ceiling, his looks don't make you uncomfortable, they make you melt. She grimaced slightly before smiling. Well, it was true enough, some of his looks felt more like a physical caress, and she admitted to herself, if he'd been older she might have been inclined to see where those looks led. But he'd been 15, she 20, and she'd never encourage him. At least, she amended, not consciously.

One hand crept up to grasp the pendant resting on her collarbone, feeling the smooth, familiar lines of it under her idly caressing fingertip. She hadn't removed it since putting it on 9 years ago. Only one pair of hands would ever be able to make her take it off; the same ones that had placed it around her neck before the First Independence Day of her people.

Her mind wandered back in time, hearing a small, earnest voice ask, "Are you and Angel?"

She slid her hands behind her head. She missed him; she was woman enough to admit that to herself. She missed his smile, his laughter, his company, and most of all his easy acceptance of her as a person, not her position. "Where are you now, my little Padawan?" she asked softly. She grinned into the darkness. He wasn't so little anymore. Younger, but not little, and not lacking in intelligence. In a lot of ways, he was smarter than she was, more talented too. At least, in her own opinion. She knew of few people who could fluster her, and he could do it with a look.

She remembered his last words to her, spoken with a certainty beyond his years. He'd caught her alone in her chambers before departing, and smiled his breath taking smile of his. Even when he'd been younger, she'd been defenceless against that smile. His voice echoed in her mind, caught somewhere between the boy she remembered and the man he was becoming, "When we meet next, Angel, I'll no longer be so little, or so young. Someday I'll marry you..."

She remembered being speechless for the first time in many, many years, even more so when he'd taken her hand in his and gently kissed the back of it. He'd smiled then, that sexy, sweet half smile that stole her breath away, and disappeared. She hadn't seen him again, oh, she'd wanted too, but her heart had been racing and she'd been afraid of what she might do.

He would be here for her birthday celebration though, she thought with a smile, she'd made his Master promise and then issued a royal invitation, speci

2. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    And the other side of the coin...

Liquid warmth, hot like chocolate, melted his resolve as he stared at her through a cloudy dreamland. She lived in his dreams. His and no one else's. Her hands reached for him, soft as they grasped his. He pulled her towards him, aching to hold herm aching to kiss her, but knowing it was only a dream. She came willingly, her face upturned, her eyes fluttering closed as he watched her angelic face. His head lowered, inch by agonizing inch. He wasn't surprised when she suddenly disappeared from his arms moments before their lips were to touch, but he couldn't help the frustration or disappointment that ripped through him. He closed his eyes, bowing his head as he fought it. Starlines greeted his vision when he finally opened his eyes again and he sighed.

His body ached from anticipation, the way it had countless times in the last few years when he'd woken up from a dream about her. He shifted, trying to find a more comfortable position before settling on his back, crossing his arms behind his head. A smile curved his lips as her image danced before his eyes, an image of the last time he'd seen her. Her hair had been down, unkempt, and fell to her waist. Her traveling gown had been a simple, light blue that suited her well, hugging her body just enough to entice him, but hiding everything. Her eyes, those brown orbs that were wise beyond her year, had been the thing to hold him captive. She was an Angel, his Angel, and had been since the first time he'd seen her.

He grimaced, his master's words echoing in his head. "She can make you loose your focus, young Padawan. You must banish her from your thoughts if you wish to find you center of calm."

Oh, she made him loose focus alright. All he had to do was see something that reminded him of her, hear a laugh that sounded close to hers, and he was a wreck. He'd tried to forget her, tried and failed miserably. The harder he'd tried to throw all he had into his Jedi training, the harder her memory seemed to cling. He knew why, he'd known it nine years previous when he'd asked if she was an Angel. She had his heart, had it from that very first meeting, even if she didn't realize it yet. She would though, he vowed silently.

He'd grown up a lot since that first meeting, and more so since their last. He couldn't hold back a chuckle, didn't even try, as he remember the shocked look on her face the last time they'd talked. She'd known he was serious, he's seen it in her eyes, heard it in her thoughts. Not intentionally of course, but she was unnaturally easy for him to read. Not that he minded, but he was sure she'd have a thing or two to say about it when he told her.

He sighed, rubbing his padawan braid between his thumb and forefinger, and tell her he would, as soon as he could. Blasterbolts, he'd even help her find some way to shield her mind from him if she wanted. He'd do anything for her, anything she asked, just to see her smile at him.

She as sure in for a surprise, he found himself thinking, I warned her I wouldn't be a little boy next time she saw me.

*Far from it, my Padawan,* came the wry, unexpected thought from his master.

He grinned *My apologies, Master, I didn't mean to wake you.*

*You think too loudly and broadcast your thoughts. Shield them next time.*

*And let you get some rest old man?*

He could feel his Master's amusement through their Force bond, *Go to sleep, the sooner you do, the sooner we'll be there.*

*Yes Master* he shot back before shielding his thoughts. He stared at the starlines flying by.

His master was right, of course, if he was awake for all of this journey the time would pass slowly. He smiled a half smile, "Soon my Angel," he promised softly, "Soon I shall be by your side and this time, it's where I'll stay."

Closing his eyes he willed himself back to sleep, back into the whispers and images of her in his mind. Soon, he promised his lady, this will all be real.

3. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    wow, great start! :D

I would post more on your other story but it takes me a while to catch up [face_laugh]

More soon?

4. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Absolutely stunning! I loved those visuals there. Very good. I'll be watching. :)

And yes, Anakin does have a sexy smile... [face_mischief]

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Jem, I have no problems about taking time to catch up on my other story, heck, I've got such a writing bug on that one I'm having trouble getting everything down fast enough... but I'm not posting as I go, since I'd have another half-dozen posts up today if I did that *grin*

Glad you liked this one, I wasn't too sure about posting it then figured "why not?"

So you don't think I went over the top on the visuals, Darth Fruitcake? I was trying to give an image without names, kind of a mental picture of how they're feeling at this point in history. Hopefully I didn't go overboard!

Thanks you guys! Here's the next part. :D

A tug on her hair brought a grimace to an elegantly beautiful face, "I really hate these elaborate styles, you know. For once I'd like to leave it loose."

Her handmaidens grinned, "Relax, my lady," admonished the one braiding her hair, "You'll get your wish soon enough."

"Not soon enough for my liking, Rabé. Aren't you done yet?"

Rabé winked at the other two handmaidens in the room, grinning mischievously, "You have somewhere else to be, your majesty?"

"Actually yes. The Jedi are arriving this morning and I want to be there to greet them."

One of her other handmaidens couldn't resist a tease, "Would it have anything to do with a particular blonde Jedi Padawan with... how did you put it? Oh yes... with mesmerizing blue eyes?" the seemingly innocent question brought a glance from the Queen.

"Am I that obvious, Sabé?" she asked, grinning.

"Only to us, Padmé," Rabé told her with a gentle tug on her braid as she tied it off and pinned it in place.

"Issuing that invite was a dead giveaway," her last handmaiden, Eirtaé, told her with a smile.

Padmé turned to face them, returning the smile, "It was rather obvious, wasn't it? Can you really blame me?"

They collapsed into giggles, Sabé speaking through her laughter, "Hardly! I only hope that Master of his can be persuaded to leave him a lone from time to time."

Padmé covered her mouth quickly to stifle a very un-royal like giggle, "You and..?" she trailed off, her eyes dancing.

Sabé blushed, "Well, I like the older men. Someone has to with you robbing the cradle."

Padmé gaped at her friend, "Excuse me?!"

The handmaidens laughed at her expression, Sabé grinning from ear to ear, "I'm kidding, Padmé."

"I should hope so! Robbing the cradle, indeed!"

Rabé took a seat next to her, "Age is just a number anyway, you know? 5 years isn't that much of an age gap."

"It certainly felt like forever when I saw him 3 years ago."

Sabé took Padmé's hand and squeezed it, "15 and 20 would have been frowned upon, not to mention it probably would have felt really odd. 18 and 23 however..." the let the phrase trail off suggestively.

Padmé smiled softly, "You're right, 18 and 23 doesn't sound that bad."

Sabé winked at her, "You've been a wreck since you last saw him. And don't try to deny it, Queenie," she teased, "I know you don't get much sleep at night. I doubt you slept a wink at all last night knowing he would be here this morning."

Padmé blushed softly, "You know me too well."

Eirtaé looked up from her spot behind the Queen's desk, "Your highness, Captain Panaka just called. The Jedi's ship will be landing in the hangar bay in five minutes."

Pade shot to her feet, looking at herself in the mirror as she nervously smoothed down the front of her gown. "How do I look?"

Sabé grinned as the other two laughed softly, "It's good to see you nervous about something, your highness, but you look beautiful as always. Removing that makeup may make it impossible for me to masquerade as you, but it certainly shows your beauty well."

Sabé got to her feet and brushed off her handmaiden's gown, tugging the dark blue hood over her head as the other two did the same. Eirtaé walked to the door and quickly did a survey before opening it completely.

Padmé grasped Sabé's hand, receiving a reassuring squeeze, "Be brave your highness." she whispered softly before

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    And 'cause I can't reisist -not- posting this...

"When do we land?"

"Patience, young Padawan, we will be there soon."

He paced back and forth in front of his master, his hands behind his back as she ship came up on final approach to the hangar bay. That much closer to his Angel. He stopped, turning on his heel and walking back the other way.

"Your thoughts betray you."

He rounded on his Master, "I'm sorry Master, I can't help it. I haven't seen her in so long, what if she doesn't recognize me?"

"You would be hard to forget, my friend. After your last encounter I am sure she will be looking forward to this meeting as much as you."

He was taken aback. He'd tried to keep that encounter shielded from his Master. He didn't need to have everyone knowing about his intentions towards the Queen, though it wasn't hard to guess. He'd been cautioned by the council many times about his deep feelings for the Queen and how those, if nothing else, could easily be manipulated to work against him. He didn't see how that would ever be possible.

"Yes, my Padawan, I know of your last encounter. I spoke with the Queen before she left and her thoughts, however well she is at hiding them, fairly jumped at me. You should be more cautious. You have pledged your life to the Jedi order, it's not something taken lightly."

He grimaced. His master was right of course. "And because I am a Jedi, or will be a Jedi, I am not allowed to love? Yes Master, Love. I love her, I have since I met her."

His master placed a hand on his shoulder, "Allowed yes. No one can stop what you feel except you, and this has been a constant in your life since I first met you. The council, however, frowns upon it. The only reason they permitted us to come out here was to see if there is any change. Tread carefully, my young friend, your actions while we are here may decide your future."

He shrugged his master's hand away, grasping at a seat as the ship suddenly lurched in preparation for landing, "Next time I'll fly. We'll take our own ship and forget about the Republic pilot," he told his master caustically, "As for my future..." he trailed off as the ship set down and walked out towards the ramp. *She is the reason I am here, Master.*

His Master shook his head quickly following. *Protocol, Padawan. Follow it. I am to introduce you to the Queen as before, understand?*

Oh, he understood alright. He bit back a grimace and waited for his master to join him. Pulling up the hood of his Jedi robe he stepped in front of the Padawan. Hiding a grimace the young man stared at the back of his Master's head. He was somewhat taken aback at how... short his Master seemed all of a sudden.

*You've grown a lot over the last nine years, my young friend. In body, mind and spirit. You've been taller than I for a while now, just too preoccupied with other things to notice.*

The Padawan grinned. *You seem bigger than I am Master. This is an adjustment I will have to get used to.*

*Only one surprise of many in the near future I am sure,* came the cryptic reply.

He sighed, taking a step back from his master as the craft settled to the ground of the hangar bay. There was a hiss as the ship's atmosphere bled off, adjusting the interior pressure of the ship to that of the world before the landing ramp's hydraulics kicked in and the ramp started to lower.

*You will see her soon enough.*

*Not soon enough for my liking, Master.*

*Calm yourself, my Padawan, The Queen and her entourage approaches.*

He smiled faintly *I have been following her path from her chambers, Master, that warning was unnecessary.*

They cut off the silent communication as they stepped down from the ship, knowing it was no longer necessary. The Padawan's anticipation for this meeting fairly rolled off him in waves, but a discreet glance told his master that he was outwardly composed. Stopping a few feet outside of the ship, two guards dressed in Palace colors flanked them. "If you will wait here, Mas

7. alienne

alienne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2001
    *melts*

i like this one. when can we expect more?

;)

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    When? Sometime today... probably inside the next hour or so.. :) Thank you for the compliment and welcome to my story!

9. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, as promised, here's the next part :)

She led him with a few discreet pushes and pulls through the halls until they reached the upper floors of the Palace. She glanced both ways before pressing her thumb to the lock on her chambers and the door slid open. Her stomach in knots, unsure of why she'd brought him here, she led him through and locked it behind her.

Her room was more a connection of three rooms. A large dressing room, a day room with a huge desk, her wardrobe along the connecting wall to her bedroom, and assorted furniture. A table with four chairs, a sofa and chair were just a few of the fixtures. A huge balcony let her view both the palace gardens and the city below. Her bedroom was to the right, the refresher tucked in the back corner. Everything was neat and tidy, save for her desk.

She turned to look at him, suddenly nervous.

He looked around briefly before gazing down at her. A blush stained her cheeks as she looked up at him, her eyes wide. He could tell she was unsure of what she'd just done. He smiled at her and pulled her into his arms, tucking her under his chin. "I've missed you," he told her softly as she slid her arms around his waist. He leaned back against the door and held her gently, but firmly, ducking his head and inhaling the scent of her hair. Addicting like glitterstim, it held it's own fresh, cloying scent. "You smell like the wind and the rain, Padmé." He told her softly, his breath sliding over her ear.

She shuddered in his grasp, "Oh Ani," she whispered softly, hugging him tightly. He hugged her back, reluctantly letting her go when she finally stepped away. "I've missed you too. Look at us, you'd think we hadn't seen each other in years or something. Sit," she waved him to a seat and he stretched out on the couch as she took a seat at the other end, curling her legs up and wrapping her arms around them, looking at him, "So tell me, what's it like learning to be a Jedi? We haven't talked, and even then it was for so short a time, in three years."

He hesitated, "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it. The Jedi, as I'm sure you've guessed, are very secretive about it." He met her eager gaze, "I could show you if you like."

"Show me?"

He nodded. "You'll have to trust me though, Angel."

She smiled at his nickname for her and nodded, "I do. Implicitly it would seem. How would you show me?"

He leaned forward, grasping her hands in his, "I would have to form a... a Force bond, temporary of course, between us where I could show you all I've done over the last nine years."

She raised one eyebrow, "And what would this Force bond do, other than that? Not to mention how is it done?"

"I'm not really sure," he blushed, "I've never tried it with anyone before. I know the basics of how to establish it and how to end it, but I don't know what else it might do to either you or me."

She searched his eyes, "Do you believe you can do this, Ani?"

He nodded, "I know I can, but you have to trust me completely and let me in without fighting, can you do that?"

She grinned, "I can't seem to get you out. Go ahead, try it."

He reached out to gently place his forehead against hers as she slid towards him, her legs over his lap. She closed her eyes. "What happens if this end up permanent?"

He stopped for a fraction of a second, taking a deep breath to find his concentration, "Then I'll know your every emotion, and you'll know mine. We'll be able to communicate without words..."

"So like now, only in our minds," she teased.

He chuckled softly before stretching out to find the Force surrounding him, *You always understood me best, Angel, whether or not I was speaking*

She jerked as his voice spoke softly in her mind, *Ani? Wow, even in my mind he makes me shiver.*

He chuckled softly, *I heard that, Angel. Guard your thoughts well, I'll hear anything you think while we're connected.*

She blushed, but his eyes were closed and, though he couldn't see it, he certainly felt her em

10. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *grin* and once more, because I can.

Continuing the above scene...

She giggled, relaxing in his hold as scenes started to filter through her mind. Scenes of Anakin, feelings and all, trying to meditate but being distracted by memories of his mother, his friends and most of all her. She saw him go through the trials of learning all the basic lessons Jedi learn. She smiled a little as his class in politics brought up the Trade Federation Boycott of Naboo, focusing on her role in the class. She could feel his smugness, his gratitude, as her picture was distributed. Both as a Handmaiden and as the Queen. She saw him, later that same night, frame the Handmaiden picture and place it on his bedside table.

*Do you...*

*Yes. I still have that picture*

She smiled at his response, watching him grow in his mind, seeing things from his point of view. She saw his monthly hair cut, stifling a giggle when she felt his indignation. He might have been freed, no longer a slave on Tatooine, but he was still enslaved to the Jedi's rules.

*Oh no, they're not bonds, Ani, they're-*

*-there for my protection* he finished her thought, *I know, Ami, but...*

*Ami?*

She felt his sudden shyness, *It's what I call you in my mind, Angel, when it's just you and I-*

*-which is more often than you ever thought it would be. Oh Ani, I had no idea. You can call me that you know, if you like.*

She felt his pleasure, felt him being humbled with her permission and couldn't help but marvel as his memories accelerated, racing through his lightsaber training, his frustration and desperation as he thought of his mother, Qui-Gon and finally her. His focus seemed to stay on her more often than not as the years passed. In the next hour, she saw his whole training pass before her eyes, and gained some insight as to his feelings. She saw herself as she was three years ago, felt the strength of warmth coming from him, an encompassing, unconditional acceptance and-

*That's enough*

*Wait! What is it you're not showing me?*

Amidala gasped for air as he released her, falling back against the cushions. Her vision was blurry and she blinked rapidly, trying to get her focus back. She wasn't sure, but she thought she heard him curse.

"Ani?"

He closed his eyes against the confusion rolling off her, trying to block it off. He could feel her concern, and swallowed hard. "Don't, Ami. Please."

Her vision slowly focused on him and she was alarmed to see him curled up in the corner of the couch. His face was buried in his knees and he was shaking. Alarmed she reached a hand out to him, "Anakin?"

"Don't!"

She froze. How had he known...?

"How can you ask that?" his whisper was ragged, almost painful, "I just did something I never should have done. Padmé, I'm so sorry."

She looked at him confused, dropping her hand to the couch. What had he done? What was so awful that he wouldn't look at her, wouldn't allow-

"-you to touch me." He looked up, his eyes holding a guarded, remorseful look, "I'm sorry. So sorry. I managed to forge a stronger bond than I was going to. I can hear your thoughts-"

"-And I can hear yours." Her voice was small, her eyes wide with shock as his thoughts passed easily into her mind. "How did you...?"

"Do it? I don't know." His tone held an anguish she could feel to her bones.

"It's not the end of the world."

He unfolded himself, bracing his elbows on his knees and rubbing his face. "Angel, you don't understand..."

"I don't have to," she replied softly, "I can feel what you've done. Intentionally or not, you've somehow re-enforced a bond that was between us before. A..."

"Force Link. It's the same thing I have with Obi-Wan, only it's not nearly this strong. I think this is what they call a Life Bond."

She reached out and, ignoring his warning, took his hands, forcing him to look at her, "Is there some way to shield our thoughts from each other, my love?"

He blinked at her. She knew. She'd seen it in

11. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Wow. I just found this story and i must admit i like it. :) They gave into eachother's feelings quite easily. But thats what i like most. Mush.

Arent you also writintg that toher story "i need you"?

post soon.

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Cami, if you could read someone else's mind and you -knew- they loved you beyond life, would you fight it? *laughs* Thank you for the compliment, I only started to post it yesterday! More to come in a bit...

And yes, "I Need You" is Mine.. and it's updated... go read! lol!

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, I promised more, and here is more! Wow, I really post a lot, I must not have a life LOL!

Obi-Wan was waiting for his pupil in the main garden of the Naboo palace when he came racing through the door. "I'm sorry I'm late master."

He turned to look at the tall form of his Padawan, his expression carefully neutral, "I trust your discussion with the Queen went well, Anakin?"

He could detect a slight blush on the young man's cheeks, "Yes Master."

Obi-Wan sighed inwardly. Anakin was shielding his thoughts exceedingly well, as was his custom, after a very personal situation. "Sit, my young friend, I wish to speak with you."

Anakin looked at him questioningly but did as was bade and sank to the stone bench his Master had just vacated. Obi-Wan surprised him by sitting next to him, "Anakin," he waited until his Padawan met his gaze to continue, "Anakin, I felt a disturbance in the force earlier, centering on you. If I felt that powerful surge I can guarantee other Jedi have as well. What happened?"

Anakin jumped to his feet and started pacing back and forth in front of Obi-Wan. "It was an accident, Master, I didn't mean for it to happen." He raked his hands through his cropped hair, turning anguished eyes to his Master, "Yoda and the council will disown me when they find out what I've done. I'll be expelled!"

Obi-Wan stood and took his apprentice by the shoulders, "What exactly have you done, Anakin?"

His voice dropped, "I life-bonded with the queen."

"Are you sure?"

Anakin shrugged him off, renewing his pacing and fidgeting with the handle of his lightsaber, "Of course I'm sure. Master, what will I do?"

"Anakin."

He turned to look at his Master, knowing better than to disobey that tone of voice.

"Lifebonds take years to develop and cement. There is no way you could be bonded with her."

"Do they take conscious thought?"

Obi-Wan frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, master, is do you have to want it, to actually work at forging the bond for it to happen? Do the people involved have to be with each other every day?"

"Anakin, it takes a very powerful Jedi Knight to forge a Life-bond, especially with someone who is not force sensitive."

Anakin sank down to the bench, rubbing his hands over his hair, "I feel her, Master. I feel her emotions; I hear what she's thinking. Even now, with most of the Palace between us I feel her." He glanced up, "Search my thoughts and feelings, Master, you'll see what I know to be true."

Obi-Wan looked at him speculatively, "Drop your shields, Anakin."

He took a step back as his apprentice did as told, bombarded by a surge of emotion that wasn't only Anakin's. He stretched out with the force, breathing easily as he slipped into a semi-trance like state. The Force strands connecting him and his Padawan glowed a brilliant blue, calling to him to come and explore. As he slipped into Anakin's mind, he saw what had transpired in the Queen's chambers, saw the hesitant steps his Padawan had taken and the Queen's complete acceptance. He felt the strand binding the two together suddenly expand, taking on a golden-red hue as it pulsated. Their thoughts became one as they unconsciously strengthened the bond, their life forces inter mingling until-

Obi-Wan's eyes flew open as he gasped for breath. He reached out, holding onto his Padawan's shoulder for support as he fought to regain his perspective. His Padawan was right, then. They had unknowingly been forging a bond between them for the last 3 years. Something that had been built on the foundation of a strong friendship. He looked into Anakin's blue eyes, "Come, we must contact the council."

"No! What if they don't understand, what if I can't come back? Master, please, she means everything to me, I'd die without her."

His master's lips thinned into a firm line, "I know, Anakin, that's why we have to talk to them."

He turned, silently urging his Padawan to follow, and headed for the communications center.

14. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Interesting story! I like it.

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you, Dally :)

The Queen felt the surge of fear as if it was her own. She jumped off her bed where she and her handmaidens, summoned once Anakin had gone, were talking about the upcoming celebration. Her face drained of all color, "Anakin." She whispered softly. She slid her feet into her shoes.

"Padmé? Where are you going?" Sabé looked at her confused.

She stared back at her friend, "I can't explain it but I have to get to the communications center."

Sabé blinked, "What? Why? Everyone you asked to be here is here."

"Ask me later," she darted out of her chambers, uncaring about her image as she walked quickly through the halls. She stepped into the Communications center without hesitating. She felt a wave of relief hit her as Anakin felt her presence.

"Anakin?"

"Padmé."

She spun towards the sound of his voice, Her eyes meeting his briefly before she walked to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, "I was so worried, I've never felt anything that..."

"Strange?"

She nodded, "It was like you were scared, and because you were afraid I was." He gently stroked her hair before untangling himself from her. She felt his uncertainty and looked up, a light blush gracing her cheeks, "Master Kenobi."

Obi-Wan inclined his head to her, before turning back to the communication he'd been sending. She flushed, seeing the wrinkled, green face of the Jedi council member. "Master Yoda."

"Queen Amidala, good to see you it is. Most unexpected this turn of events is."

She inclined her head to the tiny Master Jedi, "My apologies, Master Yoda, I did not mean to interrupt..."

"Padawan Skywalker called you, he did. Your fault, it is not. Stay, if you wish, your fate and his we must decide."

She looked at him, trying to read his expression. Was her serious? What Anakin had done by accident was what they were discussing?

*Yes, Angel. Padawan's are not allowed to choose a mate until they are knighted."

"Communicate aloud you will, Padawan Skywalker, or take offence we will."

Anakin flushed, "I'm sorry Master Yoda. Pad- Queen Amidala does not know of our code or our rules, she is a little lost."

"Know them, you do, Padawan Skywalker, teach her later you will. Leave me with your master. Your fate, decided it will be."

He bowed to the Master before grasping her hand and tugging her out of the communications center. She could feel his fear, the bone deep terror he was trying to hide at the possibility of being taken away from her again. "They can't take you away again, can they Anakin?" she asked softly as they walked towards the gardens. Unconsciously she was giving him directions to the one place she went things felt hopeless.

He was silent, but she could feel the turmoil her question caused. "I don't know Ami. I've only heard of Life-bonds before, never actually seen one."

She tugged him deep into the gardens, leading the way down some little traveled paths until they reached a small lake, hidden in the center. He smiled distractedly, not really looking at his surroundings, but unconsciously acknowledging the beauty of them. She led him to a large rock shelf by a small pool and sank down onto it. He sat next to her, wrapping a protective arm around her as he felt her nervousness, "What will happen if they take you away?"

He sighed, gently stroking her hair, "I don't know."

She rested her head against his shoulder, "I think I do."

He was silent as she arranged her thoughts, trying very hard not to hear what she was thinking. Sure, he loved knowing what she was thinking but in times like these he wanted her words, not her thoughts.

She slid her hand into his, examining the back of his fingers for what seemed an eternity before she spoke again, "We'll go on the way we have. Me with ruling Naboo, or serving in another capacity, and you... you'll become a Jedi Knight."

"And if they... let me go?"

Her head came up, her surprise obvious. "They'd stop training you for this?"

He felt her sorrow

16. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    Awwww. that was beautifull. I just hope they dont kick anakin out, i doubt it. Keep it up!

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Cami, you're awesome to keep up with my stories! Thank you very much!

Obi-Wan stood in the entrance of the small clearing, observing his Padawan and the Queen silently. He didn't want to interrupt this personal moment between them, but the council had decided their fate. Well, Anakin's at any rate, and they deserved to know immediately. *Anakin.*

He saw his apprentice's shoulders tense slightly before relaxing again, his arms wrapping more securely about his lady love. *Yes, Master?*

*The Council has decided.*

Anakin slowly pulled away from her, his eyes traveling over her face, "The Council has decided, Padmé." his voice was soft, but she could feel his resignation. Whatever they decided, he was going to accept it as gracefully as possible.

"Obi-Wan!"

Anakin followed her gaze to where his Master was standing, his hands clasped inside the sleeves of his robe. He lifted her off his lap and stood, grasping her hand firmly in his as they slowly approached.

Obi-Wan waited until they both stopped in front of him. "The council has decided. Anakin is to take his trials to become a Jedi Knight. Ready or not, if he passes, he can come back..."

"What?!" Anakin was incredulous. This was the last thing he'd expected the council to do.

Obi-Wan held up one hand, silently admonishing Anakin for interrupting him, "If you fail you will die. The trials are not easy, Anakin, but you have formed a bond that will supersede everything now. The best course of action is for you to become a Knight."

Anakin turned to look at Amidala, "Ami, are you alright?"

"If you fail you'll die?" her voice was choked, "What will happen to me if that happens?"

Anakin's face drained of all color, his eyes flying back to his Master's, "What's the danger to her if I fail?"

Obi-Wan placed one hand on his shoulder, "She will be half a person, Anakin. As you both feel completed now she will spend her life looking for that one thing, you, that can make her feel whole again."

Amidala clutched Anakin's hand, "Do you think you can do this?"

He looked at her, "I know I can do this."

"Do you, my young friend? Do you really? The trials are not easy, you must be at peace, one mind body and soul."

"I must complete them, Master," he replied resolutely, "For I will not fail if it means that I will lose my Ang- lose Padmé. I will not condemn her to that, I swear it."

Obi-Wan squeezed his shoulder, "I expected no other answer from you, Anakin. I will leave you two to discuss it, come and find me when you are finished so we can prepare for your trials."

Anakin nodded his thanks as his Master turned away and disappeared back down the path. They stood awkwardly for a few moments before Amidala reached up and framed his face with her hands, searching his eyes, "I don't want to lose you," she told him softly.

He covered her hands with his before slowly sliding his hands down her arms, stepping close to her as he firmly grasped her upper arms, "You'll never get rid of me, Angel. I have to do this, if we're to be together I have to do this."

Her eyes filled with tears she valiantly tried to blink back, "I know. I don't like it, Anakin, but I trust you. You'd better come back to me."

He leaned down close, his lips almost touching hers, "If it takes a million years, I'll find my way back to you one way or another."

His kiss was sweet, soft, and made her heart ache. She could lose him in the days to come. A single tear slipped down her cheek as the soul breaking kiss lasted forever. They reluctantly pulled away from each other, their hands locked tightly together as they slowly made their way back into the palace. At her door, he was reluctant to let her go. She finally tugged her hand free, "Go. Do what you have to and come back to me quickly."

His mouth came down hard on hers before he spun and walked away. *As quick as I can, Angel*

She hugged herself, trying to replace the warmth he'd taken with him, as she keyed her door open and stepped in

18. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I clicked this thread because of it's title- my first fic was called "Binding Ties" so I thought it was really funny... :p ;) I'm gonna have that song in my head, forever I suppose....

Very mushy! :) And an interesting idea about the Life-bond too.

19. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    that was indeed very mushy, but thats what makes it all the better. Anankin better past the trials. hopefully theyll see eachother soon.

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    That's such a neat coincidence, Sache! I'll have to find your fic and take a look :) Welcome to my first ever Ani/Ami fic... not the first to be posted, but the first one I ever wrote!

I can't take credit for the Life-bond idea. IT's part of the WEG (er.. West End Games) D6 role playing game. There's several supplements on Jedi force powers and the life bond is one of them. A very rare occurance though, so even Jedi have trouble dealing with them... I thought it'd be fun to play around with forbidden stuff since Ani and Ami tend to do it anyway lol!

*laughs* well, Cami, I know you love mush, and there is -pleanty- in this fic...

Well, I've got a small update, it's not much, but it's something. To set the stage, if you will!

Anakin stepped inside his Master's room and began to pace in front of him, his hands locked together behind his back, "What am I going to do, Master? I have to pass this test, I have to become a Jedi Knight if I want any chance of happiness with her. Is it a certainty that I will die if I fail?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "Anakin."

He stopped, and turned to look at his master.

"Do you remember how I got my knighthood?"

He nodded. He would never forget. Obi-Wan had been given his Knighthood after killing Darth Maul. The Sith who'd killed Qui-Gon. That memory still had the power to sting. "Are my trials to be something similar?"

Obi-Wan shook his head, "I don't think they're going to have you face a sith warrior. They're not exactly commonplace. The trials are different for each Jedi. Yours will no doubt be very personal. Probably deal with unresolved issues in your mind. Are you ready for that?"

"Ready or not, Master, I must succeed."

Obi-Wan stood and placed a hand on his shoulder, "You're well trained Anakin, but you're not a Jedi yet. The trials will no doubt attack you from every angle, try and break down what you have been taught, what you believe and what you hold dear to your heart. The council will be coming here in three days time to administer the trials. It is custom that you spend three days in deep meditation before you take the trials. There are exceptions, of course, but for yours, you will need to focus."

Anakin grimaced. He hated meditation. He sighed, "I will do what I must Master. I will not fail."

Obi-Wan nodded, "I will leave you to it. You know how to contact me if you need me. I'll bring your morning and evening meals tomorrow. Good luck, Anakin."

He smiled faintly, pulling off his Jedi cloak, "Are you sure you wish for me to meditate in your chambers, Master?"

Obi-Wan paused at the entrance and nodded, "I'll sleep in yours. You'll have less distractions this way. May the Force be with you, Anakin."

Anakin nodded, bowing his head, "Thank you, Master."

The door closed behind Obi-Wan with a hiss and Anakin proceeded to remove his clothes, down to just his breeches. Settling cross legged on his cloak, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, drawing on the Force around him to calm him. Silently, almost unnoticeably, he slipped into a meditation trance.

21. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hmmn.... Interesting. I've never really given much thought to the infamous "trials" before. Now you've got me wondering exactly what they entail. ;)

22. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    Nice post. but you know hat would be funny? Anakin is sleeping in obi-wans room right? and obi-wan is sleeping in anakin's room...right? but does padme know this?

:evil laugh:

it's all up to you!

23. Taffy01

Taffy01 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Great story, Jade. Keep it UP!!!

Taffy

24. BriaTharen

BriaTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    get story jade! just about as good as i need you. can't wait for the next post!!!

~Bria Tharen~

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Sache, I don't think anyone's really given much thought to the trials since good ole GL hasn't explained them yet. Should be interesting to see if he ever does, and well, I figure they're very personal so it'll be fun writing them *grin*

*laughs* Unfortunetly, Cami, Pamde knows where he is, but that would be a fun scene to write... in fact, I might be inclined to write a side story (try my hand a humor) about it... hmmm... Then again, I can't write humor but you're welcome to do it if you like!

Thank you Taffy! I appreciate the compliment!

*grin* You really think it's almost as good as my other one, Bria? I think the other one is better, personally... after all, I've had a chance to refine it. This one is almost all copy/paste, at least for the next few posts!

Padmé Amidala tossed in her bed, unable to sleep. Her mind kept playing back the last time she'd seen Anakin two days ago. The look in those blue eyes as they looked at her, the warmth and love. The feel of his arms around her, his mouth warm and passionate on hers. She groaned, opening her eyes. This waiting was killing her. Anakin had been in deep meditation for two days, somehow he'd managed to immerse himself completely in the Force and was drawing off it almost completely. She could feel his conflicting emotions, his resolve to pass his Knighthood test, and yet his fear that he would fail her.

She needed to see him, this distance, the time apart with no link other than the emotional was fraying her nerves. She threw back her covers and grabbed her robe. Obi-Wan's room was down the hall, she would simply sneak a peak at her knight, nothing more.

She reached for the handle on her door and froze. She felt like she was being watched. Moving slowly, she turned her head to the side, her eyes widening as she dove to the side, a blaster bolt striking the door where she'd been standing a moment before. *Anakin!* her mind cried out for him unconsciously.

She ran across the room, dodging the bolts that flashed around her and lunged into the dubious safety of her bedchamber. Ducking behind her bed she slapped the alarm on her night table, a blaster bolt searing through the center of her hand, drawing a scream from her lips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.