main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ties That Bind (Ani/Ami A/U.... was a speculation fic. Completed 11/30!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    FAB can do this - starts to THUD at the thoughts of Obi in this thread. Grabs smelling salts!
    Excellent post - that force touch thing sent chills down my spine Jade! [face_love] What an excellent post to leave me with. I expect that this will be all done when I get back won't it?
    Everybody have a nice weekend!

2. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Lots of mush! I like the teasing between Sabe and Obi-Wan. It's sweet. I hope Obi-Wan won't be hard on Ani because Sabe has a point; he's fighting with himself.

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL FAB! *snickers* Glad you liked it *chuckle* I got FAB to thud lol! again! *beams and smirks*

Thanks Bellyup! Yes, I have a little more, and then we'll get into the 'next' day... the day of the wedding lol! We'll see how much I get done the next little while lol! Who knows, I might just get the rest of the story finished today lol!

*laughs* Thank you FAB! The force touch thing was something I played with a little in my "Hide your love away" story... it was fun, so I decided to expand it :D Hope you enjoy your weekend!

*grins* You'll see PhoenixMage, I promise Obi-Wan won't be too rough on Anakin :) Obi and Sabé need more carefree activities I think *laughs* after A/A's trip to the island I figure they deserved some fun!

Alrighty, sorry about not getting a post up yesterday, but I was completely uninspired and at a loss on how to start the next day... so here's a little something to hold you over until I get the next post done *laughs* Thanks you guys!

The sound of thunder crashing outside the window had Anakin bolting from the bed. He heard the wind whipping through the open windows and jumped without thinking. The shutters closed, the curtains coming down, before he was even really awake. The sound of shutters closing could be heard all over the cottage, their locks sliding into place. Anakin shook his head, trying to clear it. He?d tapped the Force without thinking, and he was still fighting off the last vestige of his dream. Something about a darkness, a huge cloud on the horizon just out of reach, but growing in strength. He shivered, finally coming completely awake.

?Anakin??

He froze, his eyes going to the bed. Padmé! The sound of her voice slid through him, refreshing and powerful, washing away the memory of his dream. He stepped back to the bed, the sound of the storm raging outside muffled by the thick walls of the cottage. ?I?m here, Angel.?

She rolled over, her arms reaching for him, and Anakin slid back onto the bed. Her arms slid around his neck and Anakin couldn?t help himself. His mouth sought hers in the darkness as his hands slid around her waist. Her kiss was passionate, intense, her hands running into his hair. He groaned softly as she bit his lower lip and rolled so that they were lying on their sides. His hands splayed, one low on her hip, the other across her back.

She finally pulled back, her breath feathering across his cheek, her heart pounding against his. ?Feeling better?? he asked hoarsely.

She laughed softly. ?Thank you, Anakin.? She said before resting her head on his shoulder. He ran a hand through her hair, feeling her contentment, her appreciation for being without pain. Anakin felt his own exhaustion suddenly catch up with him as she curled into his body.

?Anything for you, Angel.? He told her, gently kissing her forehead. ?Watch over me while I sleep??

Her head came up, and he could feel her concern in the dark room. ?IS something the matter??

?I had a dream.?

?A dream? Or a Jedi vision??

He paused, unable to tell which. ?I don?t know,? he admitted. ?But it was disturbing, almost prophetic.?

She held him closer, rolling slightly until he was curled around her, his head on her shoulder. ?Tell me??

He sighed softly. ?I don?t remember it all.?

?Then just tell me what you do remember.?

Anakin was silent for long moments, unmoving, and Padmé began to wonder if he?d fallen asleep. When he finally spoke, his voice was barely a whisper. ?I remember darkness. A huge cloud gathering on the horizon that was so impenetrable, so dark, it covered everything. It was beginning to come closer when I woke, but it had a menacing feel to it. Almost like it wanted something from me.?

She ran her fingers through his hair, gently massaging his scalp. ?I won?t let it take you,? she promised softly. ?Whatever that darkness is, it can?t have you. You?re mind, Anakin.?

He chuckled softly, hugging her tightly. ?Thank you, Padmé.? He placed a kiss on her shoulder, his eyes closing.

4. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ooooh, warrior Padme, protecting the hubby! Hehe, love it!

But Ani can't turn now, not after all he had done! Then again, if something happened to Padme... Nooooooooooooooo!

5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Very sweet Padme...protecting Ani from bad dreams. *sigh* Wish someone would do that for me...

6. Satoshi

Satoshi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Aww, that was really sweet :)

I'm not liking that dream thing though, that cloud better not take Anakin! lol

7. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    loks like ive missed 2 posts. anyway they were great.
    the O/S mush was cute, and it was also cute how padme comforted ani.

TWO mush posts in a row...wow...messa like this!!!

UP!

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    aww...that was so sweet JM! loved the a/a mush... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

and warrior padme! lol! that brings a funny picture to mind :D [face_mischief]

great job!

~TJF

9. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks you guys, I'm just running out the door, but I'll post this now... and then reply after the fact lol!

The storm was still raging when the three woke the next morning. Padmé, still awake after her early morning discussion with Anakin, didn't move until Anakin began to stir. She was comfortable with his weight, enjoying the feel of his head on her shoulder, his breath feathering across her skin as he slept. She felt his return to consciousness as a gradual thing, the beginning awareness of her heartbeat near his ear. The feel of her skin under his hands. Her soft scent, intoxicating like flowers. His eyes fluttered open and he slowly lifted his head. There was little light in the room with the shutters closed, but there was enough he could see her face. His smile was gentle as his gaze met hers.

Padmé gently brushed her thumb over a crease in his cheek, returning the smile. "Good morning."

"Morning, Angel. Have you been up all this time?"

She nodded. "I wasn't tired. Did you sleep well?"

He gently kissed her, "I did. I felt you with me while I slept, watching over me."

"I promised I'd guard your dreams." She reminded him, "I wasn't about to go back on my word. I'm glad you slept well, you needed it."

"Only because you were watching over me. You really are an angel."

She blushed. "Only for you."

He kissed her again, gently, before carefully pulling away but not letting go of her completely. "I don't know about you, but I could go for a shower and change of clothes."

She laughed softly. "After being unable to do alot the last few days, I'm inclined to agree. It's our wedding day, Anakin."

He grinned boyishly, "I know. I can't wait until the Holy man arrives."

"One might almost think you're over anxious," she teased.

He sat on the edge of the bed and stood, grabbing for his pants as he realized the belt had come free during the night and they began to slip. Padmé laughed as he carefully did the belt back up. "Go take your shower. I'm going to slip across the hall and indulge myself."

He bent back towards her for a last kiss. "I love you, Angel," he said softly. "I'll have breakfast on the table by the time you manage to drag yourself away from the pleasures of a hot shower."

She ran her fingers over his face, "I love you too, Jedi." She replied as he pulled away, smiling, before disappearing into the 'fresher. She tossed back the covers and slid her feet to the floor. Her steps were silent as she left his room and went back into her own. Today was her wedding day and, though it was storming outside, it'd gotten off to a wonderful start.

Sabé curled closer to the warmth at her side, the slide of skin on skin making her stop. Obi-Wan. A smile curved her lips as she slowly opened her eyes. He was still asleep, curled on his side, an arm around her waist, a smile on his lips. He looked younger in sleep, more innocent. She leaned forward, gently kissing him as her hands slid up his bare chest.

He murmured softly in his sleep, making a noise that sounded almost like a purr in the back of his throat. She smiled against his lips as she ran her hands down. His caught hers just as she placed one on his hip. She grinned, pulling away to find him looking at her with his intense gaze. "Good morning, temptress."

She laughed. "Good morning, Obi-Wan. Sleep well?"

"Better than I have in a long time. Only I kept having these dreams of a red headed temptress who was insatiable."

She blushed, "It's the effect you have on me, Jedi. I seem to loose my inhibitions."

"That's a good thing." He told her smiling. "We should get up. Anakin and Padmé are probably already prowling the lower levels."

"What, you can't sense them?" she teased.

"Well, if you want me too..." he trailed off, pausing for a moment. "My mistake, they're both in the shower."

Sabé blinked. "And I thought they were going to wait until after the wedding."

Obi-Wan laughed. "No, they're not showering together. From the feel of it,

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great post! beautiful mush [face_love] [face_love]

~TJF

11. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Loved the mush! Glad that Padme's rehabilitated! So no outdoor wedding, huh? Oh well...

hehe, loved the galactic peace thing!

It seems like everyone has a nickname!

Padme = Angel
    Anakin= Jedi
    Sabe= tempress
    Obi-wan... Jedi also?

So is there gonna be a double wedding?

12. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Awww, I love mush [face_love] Especially your mush ;) It's still kind of hard for me to imagine Obi-Wan as a romantic guy, hopefully I'll get over that soon, lol.

13. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Great post Jade_Max!! :D

Are you going to do the wedding soon?

14. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    I'm glad Padme's better. Mush [face_love] . Yay! Is there going to be a double wedding?

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok... Replies before and after the last post lol!

Before... :

lol, yup, Padmé -is- a warrior in her own right, I just don't show it often *laughs* Thanks!

Me too Bellyup... my teddy bear just doesn't quite cut it sometimes *laughs* Yes, I'm 21 and sleep with a stuffed bear.. go ahead laugh.. my leprechaun will kick your butt lol! I'm nuts, did I mention that? *laughs*

Thanks Satoshi! It's more foreshadowing and symbolic than anything... the next fic will be pretty dark :/

Thanks TJF! Have I turned you into an A/A fan yet? lol!

And... after the post lol!

Merci, TJF! :D

lol, nope, no outdoor wedding, bobill.. I figure the fireplace is a good place for one *grins* Thanks! Yup, everyone has a nickname... but they're as follows:
    Padmé (has two) = Angel & Ami.
    Sabé (has two) = Handmaiden & Temptress. Anakin (has two) = Ani & Jedi.
    Obi-Wan = Jedi.
    to their respective partners of course lol.

lol, Satoshi! I agree, Obi's hard to picture as a romantic... Ah well, I try. Hopefully not overly hard lol!

Yup, the wedding will be very soon, Jedi_jem.. just not yet lol.

Thanks PhoenixMage... the next post should answer your question :D

And that's done! Whohoo!! Happy Thanksgiving to all my American counterparts! *grins*

Next post will be up in a bit, just have to spell check it lol!

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    and here we go... one more after this and then I -promise- it's the wedding. Or the start of it, at least lol.

Sabé found Padmé in the 'fresher and decided against bothering her. She opened the massive wardrobe and quickly picked out a loose skirt that fell to her feet and a top of flowing red fabric that tied just beneath her breasts. She quickly left Padmé's room, certain her friend wouldn't mind if she borrowed a couple of items, and returned to her own room. The one she'd dropped her suitcase in. Not that it much mattered. The suitcase held five handmaiden robes and her underwear. Everything else she'd left at the palace. Handmaidens had little in the way of casual clothing, not that she minded. Taking a quick shower, she quickly slipped into the clothes and brushed her hair out before putting on a pair of sandals. All the shutters were closed, and she could hear the muffled sound of thunder somewhere in the sky.

With a shrug, Sabé peaked in on Obi-Wan, to find him still meditating, before heading downstairs. Anakin had finished his own shower and changed into his Jedi robes before heading to the kitchen. That was where she found him. Anakin was flipping something that looked like pancakes over the heating unit when Sabé stopped in the doorway. "You'd make a mighty fine handmaiden with your domestic skills."

Anakin looked up from his task, grinning. "The skills of my misspent youth. Good morning Sabé."

"'Morning, Anakin. How's Padmé this morning?"

"She's much better. I put us into a linked healing trance to use the Force to heal her. I haven't seen what her neck looks like but she can talk this morning."

"I'm glad to hear it." Sabé went to the storage unit and pulled out a pitcher of juice. "Hand me a glass?"

Anakin reached above him to the cupboards and pulled one down before handing it to her. Flipping the cakes, he turned to look at her. "I'm sorry about yesterday, Sabé."

She poured herself a drink and took a sip before placing the glass and the pitcher on the counter top. "For what?"

"I know you saw," he said quietly, his remorse evident. "I know you felt what I almost did to you."

She leaned her hip against the counter. "Anakin, you didn't do anything to me. I know you think your actions fighting Carré in the Queen's wing are my reason for not bonding with Obi-Wan. I admit that's part of it. The other part is that I never want to be his weakness; I want to protect him from that kind of possibility. I appreciate that you and Padmé have something special. More special than anything I've ever seen, and that you want Obi-Wan and I to have that same experience. It's not your choice. The choice was mine, and he's respected it. Can you?"

He swallowed hard, never letting his gaze waver. "I will. I'm sorry I almost didn't."

"No harm done, right?" she offered him a smile.

His was shy, uncertain, "You sure?"

She nodded.

"Well, if you won't bond with him, would the two of you consider getting married today at the same time Padmé and I do?"

She blinked. "Pardon?"

Anakin forged on ahead. "We talked about it last night. The Holy Man will be here already, we're getting married, so why not do both at once?"

She considered it. "You know, I think that's a good idea. When Obi-Wan's finished his morning meditations, I'll ask him."

Anakin's smile was genuinely ecstatic. "I think he'll agree. Anyway, you want to help me with breakfast?"

"Sure, just point me in the direction of what needs to be done."

Anakin smiled, telling her what he had planned for a large breakfast, and Sabé's smile was wide. She nodded, without comment, and proceeded to help him. As they worked side by side, Anakin felt the tension that had been between them melting away. Sabé had forgiven him for what he'd almost done the day before. Yet under that, was the knowledge that the darkside she'd seen in him could possibly emerge at a future date. Anakin wasn't fooled by her playful banter; Sabé was going to keep an eye on him.

17. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    and agian i miss 2 posts...whats worngwiht me?

Any-Who great UPs. looking very forward to the 'weddings'.

he he he ;)

UP!!!!!

18. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Awww, that was sweet, Anakin patching it all up! Pancakes? Mmmmm!

Wedding soon? Near a crackling fireplace... I guess that'l do!

Hehe, love the nicknames, they're so warm and heartfelt!

Happy typical Canadian day for all Canadian readers and writers!

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Cami *chuckle* I think I update too frequently for my readers lol!

*grins* why thank you bobill! I love my nicknames too *grins* I dunno why. Maybe I just love the banter that can result!

Happy Canadian day to us Canadians as well lol!

And the last post before... dun dun dun... the weddings!

Obi-Wan came downstairs before Padmé, his head tilted at an inquisitive angle. "Whatever you two are concocting, it smells delicious."

Sabé had her hands full chopping fruits into several small cups to be served with their breakfast. Anakin was still frying up the pancakes, but had added shredded tubers and some kind of native sausages. She smiled at him as he entered the kitchen, tilting her head as he placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "It was Anakin's idea. Speaking of his ideas, he's asked if we want to get married this afternoon with him and Padmé."

Obi-Wan blinked. She was never one to beat about the bush, that's for sure. He looked at his former padawan, whose head was bowed, his shoulders shaking in silent laughter. The way Sabé had phrased the question obviously amused him. He looked back at her. "So soon?"

"Well, why not?" she continued chopping the fruits and placing them in the bowls. "It makes sense, the Holy Man will already be here and we obviously can't get married in any kind of Jedi ceremony since marriage is against the code. It makes sense. Or don't you want to marry me?"

He blinked, sputtering, "I... Sabé! I'm the one who..." he took a deep breath. "I'm the one who asked you, remember? I just didn't think it'd be this fast. I think it's a great idea."

She laughed, placing the knife on the cutting board and turning to face him. "Is that a yes, then?"

He nodded.

She threw her arms around his neck with a smile.

"Did I miss something important?"

Anakin, Obi-Wan and Sabé looked up as Padmé stepped into the room. She was dressed in a simple white skirt, a decorative pale peach shirt molded to her from shoulder to waist. A long scarf was wrapped around her waist, the emerald green creating a nice contrast.

"They like the idea, Angel," Anakin told her grinning. "Obi-Wan just agreed that it's a good idea for them to get married at the same time we do."

Padmé clapped her hands. "You can be our witnesses and we can be yours!"

"Actually..." Anakin grinned mischievously. "I have one other witness that none of you have seen yet. I'll bring him up after breakfast. The table is set and these are just about finished, so it you all want to take a seat, I'll bring in breakfast."

"I'll help," Sabé volunteered. "Since I helped prepare it."

Anakin chuckled, pulling the last of the sausages off the stove. Unable to be left out, Obi-Wan and Padmé insisted on helping and the four were quickly seated at the table. Breakfast was a relaxed affair with banter and teasing between the two women that hadn't been there in a long time. With the main threat to Padmé's life gone from the planet, the atmosphere was much more relaxed. Breakfast passed quickly and they lingered over the fruit cups, Anakin lifting one of Padmé's fruits from her bowl with a cocky grin. Obi-Wan shot him a look of disapproval but Anakin simply shrugged. Now that he was a Knight, Obi-Wan could complain all he liked, but it wouldn't make much difference.

Padmé snacked on the fruit in midair, laughing while Sabé teased Obi-Wan about never doing anything as sweet as feeding her fruit through the Force. Obi-Wan simply looked at her, causing her to color vividly as a Force caress slid across her neck and under her clothing. She shifted in her seat while Padmé and Anakin exchanged puzzled glances. They didn't ask; it wasn't any of their business, but the foursome enjoyed the morning immensely.

Around noon, their breakfast long since cleaned away, they sat on a portion of the deck where the trees and roof of the cottage kept the rain out. They were waiting for the Holy Man to arrive, and Anakin paced back and forth. "I can't bring him out here." He compl

20. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Yay! They're getting married! Love how Sabe acts like it's no big deal and driving kenobi insane!

Threepio's gonna be here? ohhhhh boy, this'll be fun!

21. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    I just loooove the interaction between the four characters!! It's great! And now that Threepio is here, there will be eight characters. ;) UP!

22. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Aww, Jade, I absolutely loved those posts. They were just so mushy and wonderful, lol. I can't wait for the wedding!

23. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Whoops, missed several posts.

They were all great though. Great mush. [face_love]

Glad that Threepio is gonna be at the wedding. Seems fitting. :D

24. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    Goodie POst. i like the whole threepio thing, i was wondering when he would be coming in...now all we are missing is artoo. ;)

i was wondering if anyone here has read a story called "Not me" starring mainly Obi-wan being jealous of anakin. I lost the link and i cant find it any where. can some one help me?

25. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Can't help you Im afraid Cami, Ive never heard of it.

UP THIS STORY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.