main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ties That Bind (Ani/Ami A/U.... was a speculation fic. Completed 11/30!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    THREEPIO!!!! *Claps and cheers* Is Artoo there too by any chance? And.... THEY'RE ALL GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! *Cheers* Yay! Just out of curiosity, why is Sabe going to keep an eye on Anakin? Is it to try to stop him from going Dark?

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank bobill! I had fun writing a very laid back Sabé. I mean, she wants this as much as he does, why not tease him about it a bit, right? lol! I dunno if I can write Threepio, but I'll certainly try...

Thanks Bellyup! They're a great group to write about... even when you take as many liberties as I do lol!

Thanks Satoshi! I don't think I'll have it finished today though... there's alot of things to cover when people get married lol!

No worries Jedi_Suzuran :D Thank you! I figured the droids have been absent for long enough... I tend to forget about them in my stories lol! so yeah, time to bring them back... just in time to finish the story and set up the sequel LOL!

Oh, Artoo will be around Cami *grin* Somebody had to drive the skiff that brings the Holy Man lol! And nope, I've never heard of that story, but I'll keep an eye out for it!

Thanks for the up, Bellyup!

lol, Thank you PhoenixMage *laughs* And yes, Sabé is going to be keeping an eye on Anakin to watch his dark tendancies... at least, she will when she's around. With Anakin knighted and everyone going their seperate ways afterwards, it'll be a little difficult.

Ah well... Thank you so much you guys! I'm working on the next post but it's much harder to write than I thought it'd be lol, so I dunno if I'll have it up today, but I'll try!

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    lol...i looked at the time on your reply JM, and it said 10:30...but according to my clock it was an hour ahead...so i was a little confuzzled for a minute there... [face_blush]

NEways...great posts! that was all very sweet...

and i just finished watching AOTC tonight...and i think you, PLJ and AOTC managed to make me like ani/ami...i mean, not half as much as j/j, j/z or any of my other faves but i'm not groaning all the time...

course, that might have had to do with the i'm-gonna-act-more-mature-than-my-little-sisters (who were falling all over the floor, pulling blankets over their heads and screaming/groaning whenever ani so much as looked at padme...) attitude i sat down with...

<sigh> i just wish we had a bigger screen...it's not the same with such a small TV screen...

anyway,

UP!

~TJF

4. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    (who were falling all over the floor, pulling blankets over their heads and screaming/groaning whenever ani so much as looked at padme...)

I am with you TJF!! My two younger sisters and my younger brother do that too....*groan* It is so bally annoying. I LIKE it when Ani looks at Padme-hehe. Such a cute smile.

And an UP to Jade since she won't be writing for a while... :(

5. Satoshi

Satoshi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    ~Up~

Why won't she be writing for a while? :(

6. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Well..she just said it woulnd't be up today, which is quite a while in Jade's standards. :D

7. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Oh ok, I thought by "a while" you meant, well, a while. I thought maybe something had happened to her. Glad to hear that she's ok (or I think she is, lol)

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks TJF!! :D I know what you mean about AOTC on a small screen, it's just not the same *sighs* ah well... I'd smack my brothers if they interfered with my watching of AOTC.. it's sacred, no making fun of Star Wars!

I agree Bellyup, I like it when Anakin looks at Padmé too... that smile is -sooo- sexy *drool* Er.. don't mind me... Thanks for the up!

Satoshi: DRL lol! Check the end of the note, I kind of explain it there...

Thanks Bellyup, and I suppose a day or two is long in my standards lol!

*grins* Yup, I'm fine, Satoshi! Just sucked into the chores and stuff that occupy my Saturdays... so I probably won't be updating today, but you never know.

Alrighty, I probably won't have another post up on this, or any of my stories, today due to RL conflict, but I'll try and have all 3 updated (And this one finished) by sometime Sunday. Sorry about the wait, you guys!!

9. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    hmm... well, I have the next post finished... I did manage to find time to write today, imaging that... but it's the final installment to the story (this chapter) so I dunno if I should post it yet *Evil grin* What say you?

10. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Post today!!!

*starts a chant* Post, post, post, post, post, post...

Come on, guys, join me!

post, post, post, post...

11. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    Post, post, post, post, post, post!

:D

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! Ask and ye shall receive! Alrighty, here we go, the next and FINAL post to "The Ties That Bind"! Hopefully I don't drop you guys on a bad note *laughs* Ah well, only reading will tell... and we're off!

Anakin straightened his robes for the fourth time, shifting the fabric across his shoulders. Obi-Wan, standing silently next to him, chuckled. "You're sweating. Relax."

He slanted a look at his friend. "How can you be so calm?"

Obi-Wan offered him a smile, "How can you be so nervous?" he countered. "We're about to take an important step, Anakin, one no Jedi has taken with the approval of the council in the history of the order. There's no reason for you to be nervous."

Anakin shifted from foot to foot, glancing towards the entrance of the main room. He and Obi-Wan stood near the fireplace, the Holy Man off to the side. The robed man was quiet and spoke little by way of introduction. The astromech he'd brought with him, a very familiar blue, domed droid, has supplied his credentials. In respect for Artoo, and with the parts they'd brought, Anakin had managed to get Threepio up and running. The droids would serve as recorders for their vows and then have their memory cores coded to prevent tampering. Anakin sincerely hoped he wouldn't have to wipe their memories if the coding didn't work.

"Easy for you to say, Master, you're not receiving your bride-to-be's nervousness."

Obi-Wan chuckled again. "You're a knight now, Anakin. You don't have to call me Master anymore."

"Old habits die hard." Anakin returned, shifting again.

Sabé and Padmé stepped into the room together a few moments later, drawing their gaze.

Sabé wore her dark green handmaiden's cloak, with the hood down, her hair done up in a simple style. She saw Obi-Wan's eyes open in surprise and knew she'd chosen well. Her choice to marry him in the trappings of her own station and rank, just as he and Anakin wore their Jedi cloaks, had been a good one.

Padmé held Anakin's gaze and stopped just inside the doorway. She wore a simple white gown, a pale blue sash woven around the loops at her waist. Her hair was simple, falling free around her shoulders, her feet bare. She saw Anakin notice and his lips kicked up into a half smile. She stepped forward with Sabé, the droids amazingly silent as they stood off to the side. Meeting his clear blue eyes she felt every doubt, silent and not, wash away. This was right. This, here and now, was where she belonged and no matter what the future would hold, she and Anakin would face them together. She took his hand as Sabé took Obi-Wan's and turned to face the fire.

The Holy Man stepped in front of them. "We will do this one couple at a time since you have elected to say your own vows." His voice was deep, soothing almost in timber, and Anakin tugged Padmé off to the side, nodding to their friends.

"Let them go first." Padmé stepped closer to him as he spoke, resting her head on his shoulder. She was still nervous about what she'd have to say. Maybe watching Sabé and Obi-Wan speak first it would alleviate her fears.

"Very well." The Holy Man turned to the other couple and smiled. "Marriage is not something to be entered into lightly. It is a commitment of yourself, your whole self, without holding anything back. For better or worse, in the good and the bad times until death. If you should hold any reservations about speaking your vows, speak now."

Obi-Wan met Sabé's gaze and she shook her head. He smiled slightly and then did the same.

"Very well. Sabé, speak your vows."

Sabé closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath as she ordered her thoughts. Since the Holy Man had arrived she'd been struggling over what she would say. Now, suddenly, she knew. Opening her eyes, she met Obi-Wan's gaze and spoke from her heart. "This has been a long time in coming, Obi-Wan. From the day we met, you a brash young Jedi Padawan, I a handmaiden disguised as a Queen, I felt drawn to you. I saw a young man with an enthusiasm for life that

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    A good ending to a great story!

JS

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Anakin straightened his robes for the fourth time, shifting the fabric across his shoulders. Obi-Wan, standing silently next to him, chuckled. "You're sweating. Relax."
    He slanted a look at his friend. "How can you be so calm?"
    Obi-Wan offered him a smile, "How can you be so nervous?" he countered. "We're about to take an important step, Anakin, one no Jedi has taken with the approval of the council in the history of the order. There's no reason for you to be nervous."

LOL!!!!! [face_laugh] i LOVE obi-wan! his dry humor is amazing...you had him nailed!

and i thought that was well ended...3PO was funny :)

brilliant overall fic JM! romantic and, er, PG-13'ish but not even slightly smutty with an interesting, realistic plot. anakin's growing Darkness was well portrayed, as all of the characters' emotions were.

well done! can't wait for the sequel :D

~TJF

15. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    *blinks* wow! That was suuuuuuch a good marriage post! Makes me sooooo envious of what those four have!

From the moment I met you in Watto's shop, not a day went by when I didn't think of you. Lol, for a second I thought you were going into GL's love vowing thing! Glad that you didn't, though, it was great, seeing them all sum up their feelings in a couple of sentences!

The fic's over? Really over? I need a hanky!!!!!!

Wait, sequel... *brightens up immediatly*

Great work, Jade, on the overall fic. It was very heartwarming mush mixed with sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-chair action, very touching!

16. Satoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    You know what this deserves? A great, big...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Beautiful, beatiful post, Anne. I agree with bobilll, it makes you want to have what they have. Hopefully, someday, I will, lol :)

Like I said in my pm I wish the sequel could be an AU that didn't lead into A New Hope so Sabé could live, but I'm sure it'll be great no matter what :)

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Awww, shucks, Thanks Jazz_Skywalker! I appreciate the feedback!

*grins* You caught it!! You caught it!! Thank you TJF! :D I wrote it that way, but feared it came down on paper as odd... Thanks so much! I appreciate the review, really! :D I'd better give myself a bit of a break before I start on the sequel... but It won't be long... hopefully it'll be started before Christmas :D

Awwww, thanks bobill! I wanted to hint it back to GL's lines, but not use them entierly... It just seemed fitting to have that kind of homage, ya know? I'm flattered you enjoyed it so much, the action is always difficult for me to write.

*grins* Thanks Satoshi! You're sweet, you know that? *grins* I need a break from A/A for a bit, maybe finish my Jacen/TK story (yeah right lol) before I jump into the sequel... We'll see :D

Thanks alot you guys, I really really appreciate it! :D

18. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Why is it that I always come here after you've posted about 2 or 3 times?? [face_laugh]

Anywho... The wedding post was perfect :D
    , I definitely say you should do a sequel

19. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh Jade...you're sweetness and happiness has ended a wonderful fic, full of life and love, action and angst...Love it! I am going to read through this all again. Wonderful litle touch with the braid *sniff*

And they all lived happily ever after to the end of their days.....

20. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Wonderful ending to an excellent story! The weddings were so sweet... *sniffles* Sequel..... yay! I loved the last paragraph with Threepio.

21. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I agree, wondefull ending to a wonderfull fantasy.

you really know hot to capture eveyrones attention wiht your word making magic.

I truly loved every minute of reading this story and i cant wait untill you begin your sequel.

gald to see a happy ending...even if it dodnest last for long...

:::Drowns in tears:::

good job Jade!

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    'cause then you have lots to read, Jedi_jem! *laughs* Thank you so much for your compliments! And yes, there will be a sequel, just a metter of time before I start it. :)

Awwww, you're going to re-read it, Bellyup? Wow, that's quite the compliment! Thanks! And the braid... To be honest I almost forgot about it but then remembered so I had to do something lol, so yeah, that's just what I came up. Thank you *blush* I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

lol, Thanks PhoenixMage!

Awww, poor JediCami, I'm sorry I can't give you a happy ending, but we all know the next one doesn't end happily... so it'll be dark... my only problem with my making Anakin fall while Padmé's still alive... *ponders* ah well... we'll see how things go.

Thank you so much to all my faithful readers, old and new, you guys really helped me to get this thing finished! Thank you!

23. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    'cause then you have lots to read, Jedi_jem! Well if you put it that way... :D lol

24. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    That was sooooo wonderful!!!
    I absolutely loved it!
    Awe and Obi!!! THUD!!! [face_love]

25. DarthLurker

DarthLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    What a sweet wedding! I loved the vows. I think all the sweetness and happiness will make the coming darkness all the more interesting and sad. You really are a talented writer JM! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.