main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

MOD The time has come to step aside...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    As you may have guessed from the title of this thread, I'm stepping down as a fanfic mod. I dearly love the fanfic community we have here, and I'm happy I stayed long enough to help with the move, but now that we're settled, it's time to step aside. As many of you know, I work in feature films and that has a pretty demanding schedule, and I was recently offered a chance to actually design costumes for both a TV pilot and a small budget feature film. Both of these I'll be doing on top of my usual day job of wrangling data, so any spare time I might have had has vanished. You guys are awesome and deserve someone who can give you more time than that.

I'll still be around and writing, and I'll still be modding in the Costuming & Props forum, so I won't be gone entirely. And I know Mavis and Luna are rock stars who will continue to take good care of you guys.

Thank you, fanfic, it's been a pleasure modding here, and that's largely because all of you, as a community, have been great to work with.

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for your dedicated and hard work! Congratulations on this exciting new endeavor! =D=

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congrats on the new job! And thanks for moderating this crazy crew of fanfic writers for so long! [:D]

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for all your hard work and congrats on your new endeavours!

5. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    :_|
    I've already said this but...

[​IMG]

You've been an awesome part of the team and I'm very sad to be losing you from fanfic... but I'm glad you'll still be around! :D
    Thank you so much for all your hard work over the years. [:D]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for all your hard work and congrats on your new job[face_dancing]

7. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Congrats on the new job, DWH! :D Sounds like a lot of fun.

8. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Congratulations, Commander!

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi VIP star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Thanks so much for all your hard work on the boards Commander-DWH. You did a wonderful job. And congratulations! That sounds like an awesome job! :D

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, sounds awesome! When you're allowed to share details, like if the pilot gets picked up or something, let us know!

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [:D]

Thank you for always being so helpful, both on the boards and for me too. I'm glad you'll be sticking around, and I'm excited for your new opportunities. I hope your things get picked up and we can say we knew you when.... Have a blast!

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 SFTC March Tiemaster star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks for all you've done for fanfic and congrats on the new job.

13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I wish you well, on your new job, thank you for the moderation. =D=

14. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks, everyone. When I have things to share about all my new endeavors, I'll definitely let you know. :) I'm really looking forward to the new job, it'll be a nice change of pace, even though I know I'll be crazy busy.

You guys are the best!

15. Thumper09

Thumper09 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Congrats on your new job! I'm glad we'll still see you around here too. I hope things go great for you!

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] All the best of luck with your awesome career!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.