MOD The time has come to step aside...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Jul 22, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    As you may have guessed from the title of this thread, I'm stepping down as a fanfic mod. I dearly love the fanfic community we have here, and I'm happy I stayed long enough to help with the move, but now that we're settled, it's time to step aside. As many of you know, I work in feature films and that has a pretty demanding schedule, and I was recently offered a chance to actually design costumes for both a TV pilot and a small budget feature film. Both of these I'll be doing on top of my usual day job of wrangling data, so any spare time I might have had has vanished. You guys are awesome and deserve someone who can give you more time than that.

I'll still be around and writing, and I'll still be modding in the Costuming & Props forum, so I won't be gone entirely. And I know Mavis and Luna are rock stars who will continue to take good care of you guys.

Thank you, fanfic, it's been a pleasure modding here, and that's largely because all of you, as a community, have been great to work with.
  2. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for your dedicated and hard work! Congratulations on this exciting new endeavor! =D=
    Last edited by Jade_Pilot, Jul 24, 2013
  3. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Congrats on the new job! And thanks for moderating this crazy crew of fanfic writers for so long! [:D]
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Thanks for all your hard work and congrats on your new endeavours!
  5. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    :_|
    I've already said this but...

[IMG]

You've been an awesome part of the team and I'm very sad to be losing you from fanfic... but I'm glad you'll still be around! :D
    Thank you so much for all your hard work over the years. [:D]
  6. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for all your hard work and congrats on your new job[face_dancing]
  7. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats on the new job, DWH! :D Sounds like a lot of fun.
  8. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Congratulations, Commander!
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Thanks so much for all your hard work on the boards @Commander-DWH. You did a wonderful job. And congratulations! That sounds like an awesome job! :D
  10. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Ooh, sounds awesome! When you're allowed to share details, like if the pilot gets picked up or something, let us know!
  11. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    [:D]

Thank you for always being so helpful, both on the boards and for me too. I'm glad you'll be sticking around, and I'm excited for your new opportunities. I hope your things get picked up and we can say we knew you when.... Have a blast!
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Thanks for all you've done for fanfic and congrats on the new job.
  13. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    I wish you well, on your new job, thank you for the moderation. =D=
  14. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Thanks, everyone. When I have things to share about all my new endeavors, I'll definitely let you know. :) I'm really looking forward to the new job, it'll be a nice change of pace, even though I know I'll be crazy busy.

You guys are the best!
  15. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats on your new job! I'm glad we'll still see you around here too. I hope things go great for you!
  16. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [:D] All the best of luck with your awesome career!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade