main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Timing of Saviors (NJO One-Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Title: The Timing of Saviors
    Author: Lonewolf89
    Timeframe: During the NJO, around the time of Balance Point or Rebirth.
    Characters: OC, Anakin Solo
    Genre: Angst
    Keywords: OC, Anakin Solo
    Summary: One young girl witnesses the destruction of the Yuzzhan Vong and the effect of the Jedi.
    Notes: This is a little one poster that pretty much wrote itself. One of those stories that comes out of no where. I just gave it a quick read through, so I apologize for any errors. :)

The Timing of Saviors:

I knew they?d come. My brother said they always come. My brother said that the Jedi were our saviors; that they would rescue us from the Yuzzhan Vong. Just like he said, they came. But he was wrong about the other part. They aren?t saviors. They came too late. Brother?s dead. The Vong killed him before they came. The Vong killed a lot of people before they came.

I can see the bodies on the ground from here. They?re scattered across the street. I know most of them. There?s the preacher who teaches my class in school. There?s Mr. Sun, he runs the store down the street. Momma used to let me go and pick out candy there after dinner.

And there?s my brother, right in the middle of it all. The Vong were chasing us through town. They almost got us, too, but he told me to run, and Momma always said me to do what brother told me. So, I ran. I ran as fast as I could to Aunt Sara?s house. She wasn?t there, but crouching behind her sewing machine I could see my brother from the window. He tried to hold off those nasty looking aliens. They kept hissing at him, saying words I didn?t understand. Whatever it was, it was probably something mean. He as holding a little stick he had picked up from Mr. Parson?s field earlier... before the attack came, and they were holding these big, long, pointy staffs. The fight wasn?t long.

I was worried they?d come looking for me after it was over, but they must have forgotten, cause they just ran off to search the rest of the town. A while later I heard someone far off yelling they Jedi were here.

Just like brother said.

I can see them from here, along with my brother laying on the ground. There are three of them, two boys and one girl. They don?t look much older than brother. They?re slashing at the Vong with beautiful swords made of light. One of the boys is fighting against three of the aliens, just like brother did. But he doesn?t get hit like my brother. He dances around the Vong, and attacks them with his sword. I think it?s kind of pretty. The dance he does, the way they all move together, in and out, purple light swirling through the air.

This fight doesn?t last long either. But, unlike my brother, the boy survives and the Vong die. When it?s over, the boy turns off his sword, and the light disappears. He looks up from the aliens, his gaze suddenly landing on me. Brother said they could sense people, where they were, what they were feeling. I?m a little scared when the boy looks at me. He may look a lot like my bother, but his eyes are all different. Brother had soft blue eyes, bright and dancing. I always liked his eyes. This boy has dark, stormy blue eyes, and they look right through me, seeing into my head.

The other two Jedi are still fighting, but he ignores them. He walks through the street towards me, stepping over all the bodies. The wind has picked up, tugging at his hair and clothes and the sun is beginning to set, covering him in bright light. He reminds me of the pictures I saw in the preacher?s book, the ones of angels.

He finally reaches Aunt Sara?s doorway, and he looks across the room at me. I can?t move, and I don?t know why. But he looks at me for a long time, and his eyes suddenly change. They aren?t dark anymore. They aren?t stormy, but they still see through me. And he steps forward and holds out his hand. Momma always told me never talk to strangers. I take his hand anyway. I think Momma would have wanted me to.

?My name?s Anakin,? he says softly. His voice is gentle. Smooth and soft, reminds me of the velvet fabric Momma ma

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That was very original and well done, Lonewolf :) I wonder who Tabitha's brother was though? It's an interesting way of thinking of things, wondering why she was saved when her brother wasn't and the timing of it all. Great stuff, though I wish you'd quit with the one-posters ;)

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    *sighs* Yes, I know. All these darn plot bunnies seem to give me is one posters. :D I do have a few ideas for longer fics, but for some reason I just can?t get them down on paper.

Thanks for reading, though! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

4. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    That was prettyful. Very prettyful. You captured the little girl's POV really well.

Anakin!! Oh, Anakin...[face_love]

5. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    great job. *claps hands*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.