main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TJ Whosyourmamma Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by JediCouncilMember, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Romo and T.O. almost beat my opponent by themselves, and the guy I'm playing this week has L.T. Alexander's big game helped seal the deal for me this week.

As a Jet fan, what insults me the most about yesterday's loss is the fact Maroney didn't get any goal line carries - hell, Sammy Morris almost had as many carries overall. Is Bill Belichick trying to stick it to me personally? Screw you, homewrecker.

EDIT: You're gonna need a lot of 50-yarders tonight, Varouj. Like twenty or something.

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh... and here I thought I was completely out of it. :p

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Maybe he's just a "glass is half full" type of guy. :p

4. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    So yeah, I won in week 1. =D=

Gates came through, as did Larry Johnson, Laveranues Coles and DeAngelo Williams.

But I never would've thought Jay Cutler would post 47 fantasy points! :eek:

I'm still stunned.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously. Good game though, Kobe.

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Damn...lost by one friggin' point. Had Darrell Jackson gotten just one more catch and four more yards, I would've won by one friggin' point. It's too bad that SF's passing game is so horrible...or AZ's D is so good...whichever. DJ should've had a much better game.

And what the hell's up with the rule that if there's less than two minutes left in the game, and a ball is fumbled into the endzone, it needs to be recovered by the player that fumbled it? Had that rule not existed, I would've won, 'cuz Jackson recovered a fumble by Battle in the endzone, but that stupid rule put the ball at the spot of the fumble. Anyone have any insight into the reasoning for that rule?

Meh.

:p

7. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I won the first week in the JCC, and Phat leagues. Go me!!!!! :p

8. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    You're in trouble when you meet up with me, sister. ;)

9. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I told you then, and I'll tell you now. You're toast! :)

10. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm in three leagues. I went 2-1 opening week. And if my opponent hadn't had Javon Walker, I would have gone 3-0. Oh well. Can't complain too much.

Only, I'm up against Mrs. Integral in one of the leagues next week. [face_worried]

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well as I feared, while Edge brought me a win in the JC League, he costs me the win in my money league. I was the 2nd highest scoring team for the week, but lost by 2 points. I hate that! :mad:

I was about to be really high on Plaxico Burress for the year and now Eli has a bum shoulder. I wouldn't mind so badly, especially if it ends up only being a month or so, but my league has divisions and my first 3 games are in the division. If I don't come out of that at least 2-1, it'll be much tougher later in the year when I swing back through the division at the end of the season. Maybe Lorenzen will lean on Plax a bit, but seems like younger QB's like doing that TE/RB dump off.

13. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    I won my first game in my league, thanks to one Mr. Randy Moss. Woot!
    Plus my opponent had Brees who had a real bad week.

This week, I'm gonna have to sit LJ. The Bears shut down LT and KC only scored 3 against Hou, so I don't think LJ is a good play this week.

14. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    That was me, ya jerk. Beat me by one point...dammit. [face_plain] :p

Brees played horribly, and I still had 32 FP with him...so if he's on his game this week (which I'm 100% positive he will be), I'm quite confident that I'll bounce back in a big way.

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I can't believe I got stuck with Grossman on one of my teams. I'd have been better off with a frickin' tackling dummy. At least they don't throw picks.

16. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    So I'm up 151 to 113. I have Antonio Gates in about 15 minutes and my opponent has Brown from the Eagles.

Oh, and he's also got that RB from San Diego. The guy who wears #21. Thomas? Tomlins?

Tomlinson! There ya go.

I probably don't have a chance, do I? [face_worried]

Even if Gates and Brown neutralize each other (or Gates gets the slight edge), LT will most likely completely obliterate my scant 38 point lead. :_|

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002

Congrats. Looks like you probably held on 'cause LT didn't show up tonight.

Now the question becomes, would you rather LT go off and the Chargers win or would you rather he not and your fantasy team wins?

18. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    Hmmm, a very good question.

If it were a money league, I'd probably prefer LT to not go off so my fantasy team would win. In a league such as the one I'm in now, I would most definitely want LT to explode.

19. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    In the league I'm in, QB's get 6 for TD's, so I got smoked b/c my opponent had Palmer. He scored like 56 pts.

Randy Moss helped to make it not look so bad but I still lost by like 20+ points.

20. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I have been a little disappointed with my team this year, but we did have a pretty good week, mainly because of the Vikings D and Tom Brady. Here is my team:

QB: Tom Brady
    RBs: Larry Johnson and Cedric Benson
    WRs: Deion Branch, Marques Colston and Santana Moss
    TE: Tony Gonzalez
    K: Neil Rackers
    DST: Vikings

Reserves: Eli Manning, DeAngelo Williams, Kevin Curtis, Jason Avant and Devery Henderson

I've been really disappointed with my running backs so far. I thought LJ would still manage to have a good year, even though the Chiefs are really bad this year. I wish I would have selected Shaun Alexander or Frank Gore over him now.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Chad Johnson and Steve Smith were both worth 42 points in one of my leagues yesterday. That's nuts.

BTW, there should never be a question of what you want to happen: the best player on your team does well and your favorite team wins, or the best player on your favorite team does poorly, so your favorite team loses, but your fantasy team wins. If you get to the point where you'd prefer a fantasy win over a real win (and it's not a meaningless late season game vs. the championship game in fantasy) either a) you paid too much money to enter your paid league or b) you're not really all that passionate about your "favorite" team and should stop acting like you care about them. It's a simple rule of fandom. IMO.

22. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Up yours, Belichick. Second straight week Maroney doesn't even sniff a goal line carry. I hope you lose custody rights to your stolen kids, you no good punk.

The morbid Saints team isn't helping me either for McCallister: I'm in trouble at RB aside from Alexander.

I have to pray for the Eagles to stuff Portis and for Randle-El to drop a bunch of passes (obviously, Moss is gonna get a lot of attention) to have a shot at winning this week.

And I'm surprised Tony Gonzalez isn't getting more passes thrown his way, because tight ends can benefit from a flaccid offense.

23. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, Maroney's on my team too, and Beli-cheat's starting to piss me off.

It's ok, I'm down only 30 points and I have Donovan McNabb playing tonight and my opponent has no one. So unless McNabb completely blows it, I should get my first fantasy win... EVAR.

24. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    30's still a lot to ask to for: McNabb will need to get 3 TDs, a fair amount of total yardage and no turnovers. If Westbrook has a big night, it could points away from Donovan.

25. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    well, in the JC league, you get 1 point for every completion... so if he completes 20 passes and has 200 yards, that's 30 points right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.