main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The Tk-616 Experience. -Indy will never be the same.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK-616, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I am starting this thread to post my CII Experiences. Read along in time. You will laugh, you will cry, you will find out how easy it is to pick up strippers while in armor.

I am TK-616, and this is my story...

- TK-616

2. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Practice safe stormtrooping: You can drop your armor, but don't go in without your shield on!

A public health message from
    R2-B9

3. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    One time, at Celebration...

4. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    What a relief it is that I am not a stripper...and let no one tell anyone otherwise!

5. TK-616

Dec 8, 2000
    I know that all have been awaiting the grand topics of my experiences. I will post tonight, maybe, if you are lucky.

Until then, grab a case of beer, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

- TK-616

6. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    When TK wasn't working at C2, he made quite abit of spare change by offering "services" at the greyhound station.

you can just leave those stories out, bud.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    While we wait patiently, how about some photo captions....Let's see what I've got here...Hmmmmmmmmmm. Someone will have to help me out with the new SIG acronym....BAOP or something like that. Anyway, Cheers!

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/briancards_files/20020503_ff_party04.JPG]
    :p

8. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    "Just say no to beer. You could end up looking like these guys."

;)

9. thraken76

Jan 19, 2001
    actually, I think it should go something like this...

"Thraken screems in horror as he realizes that TK-616 has that old romantic look in his eyes for Zuckuss!"

SAOA forever!

10. TK-616

Dec 8, 2000
    CII...

What a F&*king party.

I shall start off with a Quote from Mr. Baker, gathered from his thoughts on Strippers. "I love those big bags, especially when they are bigger than my head, and that doesn't take much my lad."

Sweet.

Let's start off with Wednesday, DAY 1.
    My weekend started at 4:00 pm. I told my boss that I would be out of pocket for the rest of the week. I gave no reason. He seemed not to care, however he knew what was up. I wrapped up the laptop and got the F&^k out of Dodge. I wasted no time; I hit the pad, went to the fridge and slammed a Smirnoff Ice. I then drove over to my sidekick?s house, that's right, Thraken's pad. You see kids; Thraken is a lot like Robin is to Batman. You don't know if he is gay, but he can hold his own in a room full of gays if a fight breaks out. Once I got to the pad, Thraken and I, bolt off to the mall for some Phat threads that we can sport for the hotties at the show. Thraken scores with the leather pants, I find some solid chick attention grabbing shirts that shout, "TK-616, the legend, the Pimp." We got our goods and pushed off to the Raz for some friendly conversing and general Fan Force IK meeting time. Thraken stopped off and had a talk w/ IHB <Information Horder Binks>, and a smoke. I proceeded downstairs. As I rounded the corner, I caught the receptionist checking out my ass, and started to walk into the meeting. I was greeted with Cheers and applause, just then it hit me! I did not have a beer in my hand. I went straight away to the keep and ordered up a tallllll one, a 32oz wiser. It was good. I talked to George 'Not' Lucas about how good the beer was and about some other random things. Just then, Thraken sees me with a frosty brew, not to be out done, I order him up one. We drink, we talk, and we order 2 more. I then make my way into the room. Every Indianapolis Star Wars Geek and Dork that I know as the Indy Knights now surrounds me. "I am at home here", I say to myself. I think I told someone, "Where else can I Drink a sweet beer, talk about Slave Leia and why EP2 will kick ass and would kick more ass if it was acted out in a strip club full of midgets, but here with the Indy Knights." It was some old dude from across the pond or something. Oh look, another beer. The meeting got underway. It sucked. I couldn't hear a damm thing with the great acoustics and all. Plus, it didn't matter. I was to jazzed about everything to give a rat?s ass about anything else. By the time that the meeting was over, I had a few brews, cracked sarcastic remarks to most everyone in the room, asked the Gep if she strips to pay for dental school, and signed the monster card. It was now time to drink it up. Thraken, Naboo Queen, or was it Queen K? and myself jumped into my Tie Fighter and jetted off to Julian?s. Thraken proceeded to get hammered; I had a few brew doggers and half of Who Jedi's pizza. That's when I saw 2 chicks at the bar talking to some old dude. I can't remember who it was, but someone dared me to start a conversation with them. Screw it; I went up ad did just that. They were enthralled with my sweet nature and great choice in clothes. It was all going well until sidekick showed up and F&^ked it all up. I saw an out and took it, dare completed. I left it up to the sidekick to score, but alas. No luck. I can faintly remember the guy behind the bar saying, "WE DON'T SERVE YOUR KIND HERE." in a Chinese accent. I drove back home around 2:30 am. Thraken passed out on the way back while leaning upon the passenger side window. Shots will do that to you. Ouch.

DAY 2, Thursday.
    Too Freaken early, Thursday Morning. I pick up the drunkard and head for Downtown. We are to work somewhere and do something for the CII. I get there and some WOTC dude gets me a bright ass yellow shirt and an Assoc. badge. Cool, he wanted my 3 day pass, however I didn't have it on me, so he gave me the shirt and pass anyway. Wow, that was easy. At this point, I knew that WOTC was the most disorganized organization there was. I planned at this point to do anything I wanted. Let's contin

11. whopimp

whopimp Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    "It was better than a pocket full of dead rats." - TK-616

Word!!!

12. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey TK...The pic of you and TK-001 turned out excellent...if you want inform me!!

13. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    "This table is white. This is a fork. That guy has pants on." I'll always get a kick out of thinking about Saturday night after the concert at Steak N Shake.

I did the same thing that Scott did. After Friday morning I never wore that yellow shirt again and I was never happier.

14. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Yellow shirt? Ha. Mine also landed in the closet of no return, but on Thursday night. I was in my Lucas-like plaids, and was providing WotC with all the free Uncle George they could ever dream of. I know I confused the hell out of a couple of fanboys, which, in my humble opinion, always a good thing.

You know, the funny thing is, I expected maybe 5 or 6 people to get the whole gag, about me dressing like Lucas. After the 50th picture posing with some hottie while her boyfriend snapped the photo, I began to get it. I realized I had the potential for putting smiles on the faces of fans who would rather be killing redshirts like cockroaches. So I did my autograph area time, and posed for pictures while doing it. Not a bad deal.

God I am happy to have gotten a haircut yesterday!!!

Note to self... Next Celebration, get hotel room, stock with beer. Have remote controlled R2 carrying pony keg following me around.

R2-B9

15. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Although my "abuses" of my badge and position paid off and made my weekend a little happier, I definitely didn't have as nice a time as you guys did.

My week was pretty much a blur as well. See unlike you losers, I had finals and work to take care of before this whole thing went down. I off and on had to try and explain to MF how to use her cell phone. She got the hang of it eventually and told me "Celebration would not have worked as well as it did without that phone!" Man, I'm scared to think what it would have been like *shivers* So I finished up my 26 page paper on Max Weber's ideal types analyzing fairy tales and mythology and my joke of a basic research proposal and rested a little Tuesday night.

Wednesday work day just wouldn't end. i was ready to be in C2 mode. Eventually came our IK meetined, which, yes, the informative aspect sucked, but overall, I had a good time drinking my Black & Tan and hanging out with people. Went to Jillian's with the others, ate half of Anthony's pizza, and laughed at Thraken making a fool of himself to those girls at the bar. Nice try, ya big lug.

Thursday I almost didn't get out of work at the time I wanted to, noon. I wanted to get a nap in due to the sleep deprivation I expected to have, but that didn't happen. Rushing and rushing to get work stuff done, I pulled it off by noon and went shoppng. What can I say, I'm as much of a girl as TK-616 and Thraken are. I stopped at home quickly and headed on down to ICC to get an early tour of the facilities and maybe help out just a little before I actually had to work...which consisted of sitting by a door, talking to a genuinely nice and cool guy from WotC, and watching Bobafemme chase down Daniel Logan as he ran back into the hall to play more video games.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday was much of the same thing. Work in the morning wearing that ghastly yellow shirt, wear normal clothes and hang out in the autograph area. But the perks came here and there. I got to get Carrie Fisher's autograph before most people who were standing in line. I got my Jorg Sacul figure just by walking in, flashing my badge, and handing them cash. Did that again for some friends of mine too. Got into the archives when they were trying to close it off...and brought a few people along too. Took care of Oola's baby, watched the man inside the Gonk chase after Michonne's assistant and send her "love oranges", and had an extremely lovely chat with Julian. What a sweet man. Had some cute Imperial sneak me into the Friday Hayden and Nick Q&A, and then later on get embarassed for looking at my chest when a friend of mine showed up, probably thinking he was my boyfriend. Got to meet lots of people, even JediJeff13 it was a pleasure to meet you. Hung out with Jeditalk every night, although now I wish I would have gone out to Lotus once or twice. Though Sunday night I went to dinner with some friends at my favorite restaurant and they bought for me for thanks of things I had done for them over the weekend with the use of that pass.

I never really had a problem getting what I wanted, really. But maybe cause I'm cute, female, and rather confident it helped.

Sorry for taking over your thread....oh wait no I'm not. Glad it's over, but now I miss C2 already.

16. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Thank you, TK, you have made me laugh like a lunatic. I needed that!

17. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Awesome story, man. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

18. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    By the way, I hope I didn't make anyone think I'm weird or offend anyone. I was just in a really really goofy mood this morning when I wrote this :)

19. thraken76

Jan 19, 2001
    oh thats alright. I only believed one of the three claims you made at the bottom of the post, and I certainly don't want proof if I'm right.

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Gee...thanks Thraken.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] @ TK ....feels like I just got the Swingers version of Celebration 2 Staring Jay & Silent Bob.

22. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Sebulba, I think you've just found the script to the Indy Knights fan film!

R2-B9

ps: Shara, why was he staring at your chest? Had you spilled something on yourself?

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Nice....Sounds like Yodafett Productions needs to start planning a long continuous shot from the basement of the Lotus to the VIP room....oh, we'll also have to work in the following dialoge when the main character is trying to rebound from the news that he was dating his sister....

HAN: We got the digits, baby.

LUKE: What a surprise.

HAN: What's wrong? I saw you talking to that beautiful blue twi?lek.

LANDO:: She was cute.

LUKE: She didn't like me... I made a fool of myself...

HAN: Baby, don't talk that way, baby...

LANDO:: You are so Jedi, and you don't even know it...

HAN: That's what I keep trying to tell him. *to LUKE* You're so Jedi, you don't even know...

LUKE: Please, don't mess with me right now...

HAN: We're not messing with you...

LANDO:: ... we're not...

HAN: You're like this big wampa with claws and fangs...

LANDO:: ... and big frickin? teeth...

HAN: ... and teeth... And she's like this little ewok cowering in the corner...

LANDO:: ...shivering...

HAN: ... And you're just looking at your claws like "How do I kill this ewok?"...

LANDO:: ...You're just poking at it...

HAN: ... Yeah. You're just gently batting it around... and the ewok?s all scared...

LANDO:: ... and you got big claws and fangs...

HAN: ... and fangs... and you're like "I don't know what to do. How do I kill this ewok?"...

LANDO:: ... you're like a big wampa.

LUKE (smiles): You're not just, like, messing with me?

HAN: No, baby!

LANDO:: ... honestly...

HAN: ... you're Jedi...

LANDO:: ... you're so freakin? Jed-diiii.

HAN: Now go over there and get those digits.

LANDO:: You're Jedi.

HAN *pulling him aside, dead serious*: Now when you talk to her, I don't want you to be the little Anakin in the Episode 1 movie that everyone's pulling for. I want you to be the Anakin in the Episode 3 movie who you're not sure if you like.

*LUKE nods and, energized*

24. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks at George* Umm no, that wasn't it at all. ;)

feels like I just got the Swingers version of Celebration 2 Staring Jay & Silent Bob.

Now that would be interesting...although I have to agree.

25. thraken76

Jan 19, 2001
    genius brian! I think we have our Fan Film. Scoundrels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.