main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TK_Four_Two_One memorial football thread!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by TK_Four_Two_One, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It will be a score draw, but a draw nonetheless

I pick Gerrard to score since he can hit it from about 30 yards out
    And Crouch will miss about 14 chances :p

Ruud to score for United

The big Question is how to keep the Midfield from being destroyed with no Scholes around

I doubt Smith and Fletcher will be much good, even with decent wing service

2. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    I think 0-0 like I thought it would have been at Anfield.

3. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Actually, putting my stupid thinking a side 4-1 isn't that stupid. United lost 3-1 to Man City, who we beat 1-0. So the stats nearly back me up. :p

And we lost 4-1 to Chelsea (not 4-0!) that was just one of them days. It is the only game this season we have even conceded a goal at home! I know we are not at home, but still are conceding has been exceptional this season.

4. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    By yer reckoning we should thump you, JONJEDI- we beat Chelsi who thumped you 4-1. But reality tells you its never that straight forward.

5. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Well stats are never true in football, thats why it is the best sport in the world. But whatever the score please not 0-0! I hate 0-0's so much! I can't express my hatred 0-0!!! As long as the tackles are flying in and Gerrard bursts the net I will be happy. :p

But heres hoping for an entertaining game!

6. Villa_Fan

Villa_Fan Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    SithLordDarthRichie should be a manager! You would make a fortune! You seem to have a great knowledge about the game. :rolleyes:

7. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I rekon united will win 2-0, if anyone can crack Liverpool's defence it will be Rooney, Vanbo, Giggs and that Korean guy :)p).

Looks like Charlton have secured another Bent to renew their old town partnership (kind of) with Euell going the other way (not sure about that one, seems a downgrade for Birmingham).

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I will be hoping for a draw, of course :D

9. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I want Liverpool to win as it would push them into second (I believe).

10. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Liverpool are possible of doing anything. That?s why I'm always optimistic. Whenever hope is lost Liverpool football club is possible of coming through even when it seems all hope is lost. That?s why I never give up on anything in life.

YNWA

11. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    mick mccarthys red and white army!

robben shouldnt have been sent off no, his first booking wasnt even fair. but yeh, sunderland for life

12. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002

So when Liverpool go through a bad patch again (which happens to all teams) then yer gonna give up on everything in life??? Eh???

13. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Lol! Thats not what I meant. I'm just saying some of the games have taught me not to ever give up on anything. Like the FA Cup Final when Arsenal were killing us 1-0 thruogh the whole game then out of the blue Mickey Owen popped up and got us 2 goals that we probably didn't deserve. Needing 3 goals against Olympiakos to go through to the knockouts of the CL and then Gerrard gets that beauty in the last few minutes! Do I need to mention Istanbul? Or even Luton! Some thought after 3-1 down we wouldn't pull that back! I could name a few times when we have pulled through a difficult patch and come out good.

But you stick with a team through thick and thin, I was born into the not so super succesful Liverpool era of the ninteys and I stuck with them all the way through. Now its paying off!

But if they were to get relagated I would still be a fan. Hey, the tickets would be a hell of a lot cheaper. ;)

14. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I think showing your support though the bad times is more important. That is why I always used to wear my Liverpool shirt to school after we had lost, I didn't care that I might get told off, and I knew all my mates would laugh at my team, but I had to support them.

15. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm never not wearing something to do with Liverpool! I never take my Liverpool band off for a start. I hate to think how much money the club has got off me in my life time. :p I buy all the shirts (home and away) and I have the CL one too, so I have 3 different liverpool shirts for this season alone! Plus the t-shirts with all Champions of Europe and so on that I rushed out and bought this year. :p Then there is the scarfs, flags, pennants etc.

Nope, I'm not obessesed. [face_whistling]

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Funnily enough, I get told that often :p

But then these days, anybody could make better decisions then some managers. I've seen loads of managers who make simple mistakes and dont do obvious things that we sitting at home could have thought of.
    This week's United game was a good example. As I stated in another post it was obvious that Silvestre was playing badly and was a liability to the team, yet Ferguson kept him on.
    I bet most people at home were saying "put Brown on, hes much better", but Ferguson didn't.

Therefore the simple ordinary person can sometimes make a better decision then a proffesional manager.

But generally most of them get it right.

BTW, anyone got any comments on this Sven situation?
    I dont see what all the fuss is about. He said things that we already knew.

We knew Beckham wasn't hugely happy at Madrid, or that Owen would prefer a better club then Newcastle, and that Ferdinand is sometimes (or quite often these days) lazy.
    So why is everyone getting annoyed when the manager says it?

17. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Ummm... trust and team spirit for a start.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, Sven says the players forgive him and trust him, and I'm inclined to believe that.
    Besides, if the truth comes out, then maybe players will move to clubs they actually like playing for

19. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    More idiotic papers trying to lose us the world cup before we've even go there! Which paper was it?

To be honest I don't really think it will effect the team much at all just a ripple in the media lake that'll soon be forgotten. Besides did anyone read about Joe Cole getting beaten up? Over a page three girl or something like that... If it is even true of course ;)

Town are getting money from the Everton to Charlton Bent deal! Woo hoo, which is handy seeing as we had to give a load of money back to an investor because he's a bit dodgy. :(

Tell me, all you United fans, how is Scholes looking on the pitch? Is he still playing well? I know he's got a few goals recently but I haven't seen a United game for ages and would love to know what his form is like.... ;)

20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    The thing is there was absolutely nothing new in the revelations.

Ericson admitted ages ago that he may quit if we win the World cup.

He had already admitted he wanted to return to Club management preferably in the UK

He has admitted he has a close relationship with Beckham.

WE know Ferdinand is lazy, Beckham and Owen are unhappy and that Rooney has a temper and comes from a poor family.

Where was the news here?

21. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

did it ever occur to you that these people are taking the piss?

as for the sven situation, loon hit the nail on the head:

the papers always try to throw a spanner in the works before any major championship/match, and it is a test of the players character to ignore this and play to their best ability. the papers always try these tricks and yet when we are there and doing well they will back the team 100%, until we have a bad game.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Scholes is doing OK, though age is starting to catch up with him.
    He has scored a few goals, but these days his job is to pass the ball around accurately, which he can still do. There are few players who do defense-splitting passes and through-balls like Scholes does.
    Still, he is getting rather slow and cant tackle anymore without fouling people.

Thats why United need to get new midfielders, cos Scholes is getting rusty and his replacements aren't very good

This Charlton singing of Marcus Bent could get confusing, they've already got Darren Bent playing up front.

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    You can guarentee that the month before the world cup the News of the World will run an article on one or more of the following

a. Erikson having it away with some bird
    b. Rooney/Beckham having it away with some bird
    c. Problems in the training camp in Malaga
    d. Gambling issues probably Owen
    e. Player having split up with partner
    f. Transfer dealings regarding Chelsea and Gerrard/Rooney/Owen or Real Madrid and the afore mentioned players (excluding Owen)

We have a few friendlies coming up which I don't expect us to look brilliant in as Erikson will try a few rejigs to give him an idea of cover for injuries yet you'll still get the Erikson out camp again (good idea just before a World Cup :rolleyes: )

This is going to be his last competition with us so lets just let him get on with it.

On that note who are your 23 for the World Cup and who would be in your starting 11?

24. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    On that note who are your 23 for the World Cup and who would be in your starting 11?

Ooooo good question!

-------------------------Owen

------------------------Rooney

Downing/Cole------Lampard------Gerrard-----Beckham

Cole-------Terry------Ferdinand/Cambell----Neville

----------------------Robinson

I think Rooney and Owen up front is a must, Owen because he always pops up with a goal regardless of how well he's played and Rooney because even top teams are going to be afraid of him.

The Midfield is a harder choice, Beckham is going to be a first choice regardless of my opinion but Wright-Phillips is not playing or when he is, he's not playing at all well. Lampard and Gerrard are a must, I just hope they start to gel in the up coming friendlies and become the match winners that they are in the league. The left is still a problem and I imagine that Joe Cole will get the nod as we have precious little there (apart from Gerrard who can't seem to find form in that position for England), however Downing should be included in the squad because he can cross and find goals, perhaps a double sub when Crouch comes on (and he will ;)), just his fitness and form to worry about (Perhaps to young? He is my only 'controversial' choice.

The full backs are a given, as we have little choice there either, Bridge isn't playing and Carr simply hasn't enough experience at international level IMO. Terry hasn't dropped form yet and is a must in my side but the other central defender? Cambell has little commitment to the England side as he seems to magically get injured during the friendlies and Ferdinand needs to find form and stop being a doufos!

Robinson for goalkeeper full stop.

Now the full squad? Crouch, Defoe and Vassell, Green, Kirkland in goal, Downing, Nolan, Cambell, Carrager , Carr and I need to think about the rest? Perhaps Lennon, Barton or Richardson?

Please leave out James and Hargreaves. There are so many possibilities depending on form and I have probably missed out some glaringly obvious players!

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Full 23:
    Robinson, James, G Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, King, Bridge, A Cole, Hargreaves, Gerrard, Lampard, P Neville, Smith, Downing, Beckham, wright-phillips, J Cole, Defoe, Rooney, Owen, Bent

Best 11:
    Robinson, G Neville, Terry, Carragher, A Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Rooney, Owen.

Its difficult to choose due to the large amount of quality we now have to choose from.
    Owen is a great striker, but at times he can be ineffective, so maybe swapping him with Defoe or Bent who have more pace would be advisable.
    I left out Crouch as I had limited space and felt there were other players more deserving of a plce then him.
    The defensive midfield option is also tricky. I feel Gerrard can fill it well and is also great when attacking. I left out Butt in favour of Hargreaves as I felt Hargreaves has more experience and is better in the position then Butt, though he is still a little shakey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.