main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto the TLL Calendar of Events!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Created in a short hour, r2amnot.com presents:

The Toronto Long Line Event Calendar!!

Are you new and lost to when events occur? Are you old and to lazy to look to see when the next event is? Well I came up with the quick solution for you!

Visit the TLL Calendar to find out the latest events! And that EVEN includes the next two months! If you care to post about yours feel free to send me a pm and it'll be up A.S.A.P!!

Hope is HERE! And it comes in gif form.

- Tessa

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Perfect!

Now that I have a way to find out more events in advance, that will give me a chance to book that time off meaning I will be able to make it to more events :)

3. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    OK. I'm impressed. Are you going to do this on a monthly basis?

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Yes indeed I am. And if I'm missing anything I'll be sure to edit the calendar stright away.

I thought (thank you Grey-starr aswell for giving me the idea out of your confussion) that is was a good tool for Toronto.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Sorry if it sounds like I am creating work for you Tessa but it would be nice to highlight events that TLL plan to be at to try and get newbies to come meet us and if events such as Toronto Sci-Fi were hyperlinks so people can quickly determine if it is an event they want to go to.

Also it would be nice if this web page was linked to the main TLL site so that new people doing searches and find the TLL web site can find the events calander and know where we will be to try and hook up with us.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I did the calendar quickly in Fireworks, I can sure add some extra hyperlinks in there sometime tommorow.

As for linking it to the actual TLL site, I'm not even sure who's in charge of the site anylonger. Maybe if instead of having 'Next Event: Make a suggesion' we have a link to the Calendar.

Just some quick thoughts.

7. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    w00t! Neat stuff!

... wait, I'm not TLL.

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Good stuff, Tessa! great idea. David is the one to talk to about getting the calendar up on the TLL website, but I'm sure he's busy with exams so maybe it can be done in a few weeks - but you'll have to talk with him.

9. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    That's perfect Tessa!... one step farther would be to hot link the events to their respective websites, if they have them...

This is just what is needed for people to make their plans around!...

This is why Tessa is the best!...

10. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > I'm not even sure who's in charge of the site anylonger.

As always, I am. (Thanks for the mention Adam)

I am pretty busy with exams and such until around the 25th. After that I'll have some time to bring the website back into the present. I've been meaning to talk to Tessa, Adam, and Dan about giving them keys to the admin tools for it, so that they will be able to update the events etc.

11. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright, well when you'd like to chat send me a pm I guess. *shrugs*

I will fix up the calendar a bit more, so there are links and the such. Yet not tonight, work and Kill Bill kinda is diverting me away from the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.