main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Tomb.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Max@TSWP, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    *I created this individual thread because it seems to overlap several others (Who’s the baddie?, The kaiburr crystal, Andy Serkis, etc, etc). If the mods feel as though this should be placed into one of them, please do so.

I call this the “Clue” exercise (Professor Plum, with the knife in the conservatory) Pick one of each and then run with it.

So according to the rumors, Luke is guarding an ancient Sith tomb to make certain that it remains sealed. The other rumor is that Adam Drivers character is looking for Sith artifacts that will open the tomb. The current consensus is that its a light saber that Driver’s character is looking for.

A light saber consists of man made assorted parts with a kaiburr crystal. Most lightsabers are built by Jedi’s individually, however they have been handed down, taken as battle booty and just plain sold or found. The question is what is exactly needed for the key to this tomb?

So here is the first breakdown: Lightsaber is the key.

A.)You need the whole lightsaber
    B.)You only need the kairburr crystal within it.

So here we have this ancient Sith tomb that is either a resting place or a prison. If this tomb is locked for a purpose, its either to protect the deceased from grave robbers or its to make sure the deceased (if they are indeed dead) doesn't just walk right out.

So here is the second breakdown: Person in the tomb:

A.)The person in the tomb is dead
    B.)The person in the tomb is alive and is in a tomb’esk prison.

The final question - did the person in the tomb or prison create it or was this tomb or prison created by someone else. Did the Ancient Sith within it decided they wanted a tomb with a lock so that no one would mess with their remains. Or was this tomb built as a prison by someone else to keep that person locked away forever.

So here is the third breakdown: Who built the tomb:

A.)The dead Sith in the tomb so no one would raid his bones.
    B.)Someone else to imprison the Ancient Sith alive for all time.

So here’s what I got so far. My gut tells me…
    1. It’s the kairburr crystal that's important.
    2. The person in the tomb is alive.
    3. Someone else built the tomb to imprison this ancient Sith.
    So if I run with this, then I have to make some leaps. The first is who would do that to an ancient Sith Lord? The first obvious answer would be their apprentice. Then that apprentice would have used their own kairburr crystal to seal the tomb. Because what better way to protect the tomb prison key then to make make it out of your own kaiburr crystal. Because odds are if someone got a hold of your kaiburr crystal, you would more than likely already be dead.

We know that its the duty of a Sith Apprentice to challenge and kill their masters. That’s how the Sith roll. Maybe this master was just so powerful that they truly did achieve immortality. That left with the apprentice with no option other then to incapacitate them in a prison.

I don’t think J.J. will go with resurrecting someone who is completely dead. Dead is dead as it should be.

2. Valin Halcyon

Valin Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    I like all your theories and how you broke down the rumors but what if Luke is guarding a Lightside users tomb and it contains a very powerful Darkside relic? Since it seems we are going with Anakin's ROTS saber I would still assume his saber or it's crystal would open a Jedi's tomb. He did aweful things with it.

3. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Assuming it is Luke's lightsabre they are looking for as per the original "floating hand in space" rumours:

1. We know Luke makes his second lightsabre himself but this scene was edited out of Return of the Jedi. We don't know where he sourced his Kaiburr crystal. If it is suddenly revealed that the crystal in this second lightsabre can magically open a tomb, that will be awkward to retroactively add to the plot. Ideally, it is a plot point that would have been set up with some kind of hint in ROTJ.

2. We know Luke receives his first lightsabre from Obi-Wan who says his dad, Anakin, bequeathed it to him. Again, we never see Anakin given his lightsabre in the first place and there is no indication it AOTC that there is anything special about it. Again, ideally there would have been some hint in AOTC that there is something special about it or the writers will have to work around it. Did Yoda knowingly give Anakin a lightsabre with a special crystal hidden in it to guard, knowing he was the chosen one? Of course, he never mentioned it to Luke on Dagobah either to protect his lightsabre and not lose it to the villains...

If it is suddenly revealed that either one of Luke's lightsabre just happens to have concealed a special crystal all this time, it is going to seem a very contrived plot twist.

4. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Anakins AOTC and ROTS lightsabers are not the same, but we can assume he built them himself since they are so similar. Also, there is no way the macguffin lightsaber is either, it makes zero sense as it is known to be lost to everyone in the audience to whom it would hold any value as connective tissue. If anything I think it would be the broadsaber that's the macguffin.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    LOl - didn't know the AOTC and ROTS once were different. I am not good with minutiae like that.

The broadsword one might make more sense if it is indeed a very ancient/primitive sabre like some speculated and this tomb contains some kind of ancient evil. If the key is hidden in a weapon, then the key defends itself.

Baron_Papanerd and Dra--- like this.
  6. Big Jim Slade

Big Jim Slade Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2014
    >>

I agree. The broadsword is likely the key; the other options are too absurd. It's like Excalibur in reverse. Instead of drawing the sword from the rock to become king, the sword goes into the rock to free a Sith . . .or his spirit. . . or something. . .

7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    1. I would think the kaiburr crystal is all that is needed.

2. The Sith is dead. A still to be revealed Sith Witch(Mother Talzin? or someone similar) with Dark Side magic(see Clone wars episode Monster) will help Sith Ghost Plagueis merge with mummified body in the Tomb.

3. The Sith built the Tomb

Although I see your point about the Ancient Sith being still alive. If this Sith is still alive, then I believe that the twist will be that the Jedi built this tomb as a prison; like how the witch King of Angmar was imprisoned in The Hobbit movie. Who knows?

whostheBossk, Dra--- and Sum-Wan like this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The Darkside cave on Dagobah looks quite like a tomb....

...:cool:

Darth_Furio , HankSolo, Messi and 5 others like this.
  9. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Well we know there have been several references to an evil castle. So it can be safe to assume that this is a Sith tomb. What also makes a lot of sense is the broad sword saber (Menage 'a sabla) being the saber that unlocks the tomb. It's looks old, sounds old, and it totally stands out. More importantly, it was central to the teaser trailer and It's pretty much what everyone was talking about. Ancient tomb needs ancient saber.

So could it be that Drivers character finally attains the ancient saber and is working his way to the tomb when Rey, Finn, etc. try to stop him in the forest?

10. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG]

It could be Han thats guarding the Tomb! [Wink]

Baron_Papanerd and Redimet like this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wow, that looks so unlike Harrison Ford.

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

I dig this speculation. [face_thinking]

TtheForceHurts likes this.
  13. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    No lol. I will roll my eyes if the tomb is the cave on Dagobah and say come on in the movie theater. I hope the tomb is holding a ancient sith lord in it and that its on Morriband or another sith world maybe the snowy planet we saw? And then the key is the lightsaber Kylo Ren is using.

14. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Anakin's saber in AOTC was kinda destroyed in the Droid Factory level scene. He & Obi-Wan were given new sabers by some of the Jedi rescue party, but those were either damaged/destroyed in the duel or just generally replaced when they made their own new sabers.

But yes, Anakin's AOTC saber is a different design from his ROTS saber, too; the AOTC saber matches one of the Vader sabers (Vader's hilts changed quite a bit at least once during the OT).

I think the crystal is more likely, unless it's the broadsword saber and the whole thing is required--like the Meerschaum pipe in the first National Treasure film. The thing turns up at the beginning and you think its sole purpose is to hide a message sculpted around part of the step, revealed by using ink (or blood, in a pinch) across a flat surface. Then at the end of the film, turns out you need the whole pipe to access the treasure room.

The crystal seems far simpler; hilts can break or get destroyed, but crystals can get recovered. It'd also fit with how the crystals have been developed so much in TCW and now again in Rebels... and it makes the 'puzzle' more mystical than practical, requiring a crystal with a particular Force-resonance than shape or size.

15. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    So it was! I forgot about the Droid factory scene. (+1 for calling it a level. ;) ) I was thinking of the duel in which he lost his arm and I couldn't recall the sabre being destroyed in that. I just assumed Yoda collected it up for him in the aftermath and gave it back to him after he received his cybernetic limb.

Dak Oolron and Toonimator like this.
  16. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    "Everything in Star Wars has a practical purpose". -Probably George Lucas.

So...what if the broad sword saber (Menage 'a sabla) with its unique saber cross guards was engineered that way to be the key. What if the tomb locks have to be melted in order for the tomb to open up. So if one of the locks were a ring of metal, that you would have to rotate the saber in order to melt it. Then the other lock would be melted by the saber portion itself. Another thing I noticed was that the cross guards are delayed when Driver's character activates the saber. Could it be that they are delayed on purpose so that the saber could be activated then placed in the channel, then the cross guard sabers could fire up and begin to melt the ring lock.

I drew it out in photoshop the best I could. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

17. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Now THAT would be an excuse for a hilted lightsaber...the side blades actually are part of the key. Part functional, part tool.

I wonder if exploring an ancient civilization much in the way like our atzec or thai temples are today would be in a star wars film?

(edit @DarthMalevonusvonus- you posted just as i posted mine; a few minutes earlier before mine, but you come with a graphic...good job.)

TheManFromMortis, Messi, T-R- and 2 others like this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This whole tomb of horrors thing sounds like it belongs in an Indiana Jones movie.

Immortiss and Echo Base like this.
  19. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    I have been hearing lately about the Excalibur sword in the stone concepts. Well this is it in reverse isn't it?

20. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    According to my source on this, the crystal in the saber is the "key." "Uber" the zombie looking bad guy is inside.

21. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Just to clarify, have your sources confirmed that Uber is played by Serkis?

Immortiss likes this.
  22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The whole concept of Luke guarding some secret old tomb just sounds weird to me. It doesn't sound like Star Wars.

23. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    Here I am thinking "I've done it, I have been the giver of knowledge, I have attained Alfa-Geek!" but nooooooooooooooo, Jason comes in and schools me like some pony tailed Jedi.

[​IMG]

Redimet likes this.
  24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    SWU stated this widely accepted rumor. I'm now thinking that the line "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?", spoken by Serkis, is directed at Luke, hearing voices on the outside of the tomb. Serkis telepathically speaking from the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Solo-centric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.