main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Tomb.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Max@TSWP, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

well... I trust "Making Star Wars" and they seem pretty confident with what they have laid out. In my opinion, we don't have a better source that's contradicting it. So, I begrudgingly tend to trust what they're saying. If accurate, this means that this "tomb" storyl8ne is bogus and their mess of a story seems likely. Can you refute this?

2. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I'm the original OP and I wish it was entombed. LOL

There is no tomb and it's time to cast this into the archive chasm from whence it came.

3. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I think you are missing the point ... you are "disappointed" with a movie that you haven't even seen yet based on the speculation and say so of other people who likewise have not seen it.

If that is your attitude now, I fear you will get no enjoyment come December. :( I hope that that is not the case, truly.

Is it not better to remain open-minded and take rumours with a pinch of salt until you see the movie with your own eyes?

There is an old saying "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.". ;)

5. Ben R

Mar 26, 2000
    OK. Let's not get carried away. I'm not suggesting that I'm suicidal over this. It's quite possible that I might enjoy a movie based on the MSW outline. But, with no reason know that, I'm skeptical. When I read that outline, it seems like a mess. And, when I read it through, there's this continual feeling in my gut that they're missing opportunities to tell a better story and use characters more effectively. The prequels were tricky because Lucas had to line up all kinds of known facts and avoid continuity plot holes and everything (as the audience already knew what would happen later and who people were). This sequel trilogy is wide open and allows for pretty much anything. No limitations. ...which is why I'm expecting a lot from these films. It feels like they're not coming up with a good enough story and wasting this blank, wide open canvas. Just my opinion, of course.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I understand if J.J. and Disney have to play it a little safe with the opening salvo, but I expect there to be some zingers in there too. I'm not worried and if I do not like the film, so what? There are always the earlier films and I will read the materials connected to Luke and some of the new characters.

7. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Princess Uber is in another castle, probably.

My guess is character will come in play via Force voices-in-my-head and Force-vision.

8. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    No tomb, 2seconds of a "one-wit-the-force" bearded Luke and a dead Han, yeah!!!
    Welcome to the new SW-trollogy :_|

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  9. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Wait, why is tomb bumped into such high status anyway?

Tomb, er-mar-gawd-love-it... wait, what, why? Tomb was always a rumor, maybe there's still one, only not serving as a plot device.

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think it is because the plot those rumors suggested really sounded so cool. They give Luke a good reason to be missing, and made the main menace relevant.

11. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Does Uber. Will be in Moraband or Coruscant?

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I never said, or suggested, that you were "suicidal over this". And I would never use the issue of suicide in such a horrible fashion.

Nor am I the one getting "carried away".

It was claiming the "disappointment" and "skepticism" in a "mess" of a movie that neither you, nor those who are providing the rumours and speculation have seen yet. Nor have any of you seen the screenplay.

You were looking at the matter without the full picture and with very few, if any at all, facts and getting negative about it.

I was simply pointing out that know of these rumours might true or at might misunderstood out of context and that there really isn't any reason for such a negative outlook at such an early stage.

I was just trying to be helpful.

13. Ben R

Mar 26, 2000

Fair enough. Peace. [face_peace]

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

^ This.

And it gave a little bit of a horror quality to these things too.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

;)

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i want MakingStarWars or ManaByte to please give us an answer so we can kill this thread if it needs it. is there any possibility of a tomb? is there a place that you guys know of where uber communicates from? neither? thx.

17. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    They have said a lot of times both here and on Twitter. The current information makes the whole Tomb thing quite unlikely.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    said what exactly?

19. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

Han's tomb in 8.

Echo Base and nightangel like this.
  21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

so Han is resurrected in VIII and becomes Darth Jones? :eek: [face_devil]

JediMatteus and starocean90 like this.
  22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Maybe Luke is tortured by how han dies, and hangs out by his tomb forever seeking forgiveness. ahh no, i dont want that to happen to luke.

nightangel likes this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014

I thought Jones belonged to/in a museum.[face_laugh]:p

nightangel likes this.
  24. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    While we have heard plenty of rumours about Rey, Finn, Han. Kylo Ren and even Luke, we no practically nothing about Andy Serkis character or his precise role or whereabouts in the movie.

Earlier rumours suggested he is "Ancient Sith" and may be entombed. Since then, we have seen practically no rumours relating to "Uber", and this makes me think that he will play a mimimal but Important role in the story.

I just wouldn't be too quick to write off the Idea of an Tomb, It may a tomb within the Castle mentioned in the latest rumours.

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    so where did this "uber" thing come from? weird name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.