main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Top 10 Most Influentual Members of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by epic , Aug 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    In no particular order:

farraday
    Good Lord, he's everywhere! It's amazing how well a well-timed & well-placed pointed remark can stir things up.

Chyren
    Well, people are still talking about him; so that means something, yes? Heck, I remember duking it out with him a few times.

Lord Bane
    He lobbied the JC into establishing a whole new forum!

Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek
    You either love him or hate him, but you can't ignore him! ;)

Ganner
    He created the very first Defense Force, and as evidenced by the proliferation of Defense Forces in EUDF's wake, it was an idea whose time had come. Plus, 4 others of this top 10 list either were or still are members.

Commander Antilles and PadmeBra
    Well, for one PB has a :cool: screen name! Both of them have been instrumental in establishing & enforcing a fair policy regarding relations between movie purist SW fans & EU completist SW fans. Granted, I often disagree with them on a lot of issues, but I definately respect the manner in which they conduct themselves.

Darth Ludicrous
    The Grand Exhalted Poo-Bah of the Lit. forums. I mean, the guy gets mentioned in the credits of an EU novel! [face_shocked]

Genghis12 and Valiento
    Also superstars of the Lit. forums. Both have strong opinions, and that counts for a lot in being influential.

Honorable Mention:
    Iron Parrot, Gandolf the Grey, Darth_Holliday, Sturm Antilles, Shar Kida, Vertical, Darth Erik, Darth Sin.

2. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Well, I guess I'll fill in SOTS here and say uppers!
    This was a great thread, and it started out by me bribing epic! :p
    Anyway, thanks to everyone who said I was influencial. There are so many people who have influenced me, I'm not gonna even try to do it.

:) DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Good deal, Merkurian! ;)

When I look at all the people who've done big things here, whose influence is still felt, I take into account the good and the bad. That being said... (in no particular order)

Darth Cleo, farraday, Vertical, PreacherBoy, darthpsychotic, Beal, Barry, Rogue1-and-a-half, Kadue, and Chyren pop to mind, all for their own reasons (and Kadue and farraday for pre-mod reasons, so there! I'm not bias entirely. ;) ).

I'd agree that Ganner should have a mention, as should wattowatta, Silmarillion, C Creepio, jasman, IWMIL, and JediWarrior.

4. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Big Bad Yoda Daddy has almost reached ObiWannaCracker status.

5. living-force

living-force Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I mean, the guy gets mentioned in the credits of an EU novel!

Which one?

6. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
  7. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    LORD BAN didnt mention Internet_Drama.

You think LORD BAN might ban this member just cause he can..

WAIT! HE HAS DONE THAT

8. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    Here are just some of the JC's more prominent members that have emrged over the years:

ObiWannaCracker
    Big Bad Yoda Daddy
    I Will Make It Legal
    JEDI master Beal
    epic
    Chyren
    C Creepio
    Darth Ludicrous

9. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    BEAL is probably the most controversial ever.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

10. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    I'm pretty sure he's still visiting these boards under a new alias.

11. The Irish Jedi

The Irish Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 17, 1998
    The funny thing is, most of these "famous oldies" or what have you that are so canonized here are mostly all still here, under different names and what not, just laughing their asses off. No one really leaves this place.... hahahahaha.
    The only one who influenced me in the true sense of the word was freebeer.com. He pushed me to drink more and run for mayor with him. I think we even won.
    Clerk was always my critic's pick. He was like the Yes or King Crimson of the JC. Everybody liked empty headed dudes like me or Stinrab or Paul, but Clerk was the poster's poster. (I know that makes no sense. Just pretend you understand and nod.)
    Son of Kenobi is a swell guy. He sent me a tape of a Tool video, so right there he's cooler than any of you losers. Did any of you send me a Tool tape? Didn't think so.
    Tank was the ****, though. My personal favorite poster, but sadly he met a tragic end while doing cartwheels near a gigantic paper shredder. My dad went the same way...
    If you haven't noticed, I'm not really saying who was influential, but just abusing this opportunity to say who is cool. Boutrous-Boutrous Ghali is cool, and we can't go on denying that. Same goes for Magnum P.I.. Although he never posted to the JC, is really an actor named Tom Selleck, probably doesn't give a rat's ass about Star Wars, and has never publicly acknowledged my existence, there's something to be said about a dude who can wear booty shorts and guady Hawaiian shirts with a Detroit hat. Higgins sweats his style. And so do you.

12. SunsetBlvd

SunsetBlvd Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Influental?! jeesh, this is just a simple message board & we're taking about these people as if they were once important members of a country. Ohhhh, these members have really made a huge impact here! i'll bring the beer & cookies! [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]
    we really need to get lives if we spend time with this! [face_plain]

SunsetBlvd

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    DarthTunick, that's nice that you felt the need to hide under a sock to write that amateurish threadkiller of a post. Learn to do something other than [face_plain] at everything or you won't last long here.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    well, it was very silly of me to use a sock, so i admit that. however, that is my opinion, & it's not going to change. btw, GriffZ had a habit of posting [face_plain] an awful lot, & now he's a mod!

15. The Irish Jedi

Aug 17, 1998
    Musta been the Magnum thing that got to him... sigh... no one get's the genius of Ferrari's and thick mustaches.

16. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    Thanks, Irish! Glad the vid got to you :)

And I agree about Tank. He was one funny mofo, and most assuredly unsung. I hope he comes back some day.

17. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    He did return to the fan-fic secion for a bit but none of the newbies paid any attention to him so he left. :(

18. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    That's easy, Griffz, well I mean he's my dad, so I'm biased.

19. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I have to clarify, my message was directed at SunsetBlvd, not The Irish Jedi. Magnum P.I. is cool with me. :cool:

20. The Irish Jedi

Aug 17, 1998
    I know, SotS. I was talking about the other guy...

21. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    Irish Tool sucks, Ear Shot and REO Speedwagon are better.

22. Jotun Denal

Nov 4, 1999
    Tool is much better than Earshot...

23. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, Jotun and DarthNut also should be mentionned near that top 10, you guys have entertained us with your calling out threads... who can forget that big "fight" you had in the JC Community? Good times, good times!

24. wadda_u_know

wadda_u_know Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2000
    Y'all are the worst ego-strokers I've ever seen. [face_plain]

25. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    "ego-strokers" LMAO :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.