main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Top Button ***** Crack!Ship Roulette (Jag, Gaerial Captison) One-Shot ******

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: The Top Button
    Author: Kidan
    Timeframe: 17 ABY
    Characters: Jagged Fel and Gaerial Captison
    Summary: Jag and Gaerial have a chat.
    Notes: This is for the Crack!Ship Routlette. I?m not 100% certain on it, but I?ve been sitting on it for a few weeks now, hope everyone enjoys?

[b]The Top Button[/b]

Nine year old Jagged Fel wishes he could be somewhere besides here. Anywhere but here. Currently, he would even take being reprimanded by Admiral Parck over standing in this diplomatic receiving line. Yet as the son of Imperial Baron, General Soontir Fel, of the Empire of the Hand, he has responsibilities.

And much to his unending disappointment, those responsibilities include standing in this line, with the stupid grin on his face.

Jag glances to his left, to see his older brother Davin, standing there. Jag frowns as the older boy is not exactly slouching, but is not standing quite at the parade ground attention that is appropriate for a son of the General. He gives his head an almost imperceptible shake, and then turns back to the next dignitary in line.

He looks over the man, twisted and hunched, and an odd twitch which occasionally sends tremors through the man?s body, yet there is a smile that light up his eyes. Jag searches his memory and a name is supplied, Pter Thanas, the prime minister?s husband. Jag smiles once more, and quickly shakes the man?s hand.

Then Thanas moves on, slowly heading down the receiving line, and the final person steps up. Of course in the backwards way of Bakura, the final person is the most important, and Jag finally glances at the prime minister of Bakura. She is a human, on the short side, with golden brown hair. Wrapped in a braid once around her head, and then hanging loose over her right shoulder. She is wearing a cream colored dress, fitted tightly on top, and turning into a mass of flowing cloth immediately underneath a purple sash tied around her waist.

Yet what shocks Jag the most, what stirs in him a wistfulness that he does not, cannot comprehend at nine years old, is her eyes. One is as green as the seas of Nirauan and one as grey as the ice fields of Csilla. They harbor an intelligence and a serenity that he has never seen in eyes before.

She smiles at him, and for the first time this evening, her smiles a real smile. As he happily shakes her hand.

And then she is gone, walking down the receiving line and pressing her hand against Davin, a smile for him. As Jag surreptitiously watches, he tries to remember her name. Gaberiel. Galathal. Gaerial. He gives another imperceptible nod of his head, as he remembers her name. Gaerial Captison.

Finally she reaches the end of the line, and the reception has officially begun, and Jag cannot help but grin, and allow his formal at ready stance drop into as close to a slouch as a son of the General should ever be in.

Two hours later, Jag walks out to the balcony, unbuttoning the top button on his tunic, loosening his collar slightly. He gives a quick glance to the left and right, ensuring there is no one around to see the General?s son in such a state. Sighing in relief, he steps around the corner, and sees her sitting there.

She turns and looks over her shoulder, smiling at him. ?Hello there.?

Jag, starts to blush, and begins trying to fasten the button at his neck. Gaerial laughs. ?You know it is all right for you to not fasten that button.?

Finally getting the button fastened, he snaps to a more formal stance. ?The General would not approve, milady.?

She stands up in a smooth motion, and walks over to him, laying her hand on his shoulder. ?There are many people who would not approve of things we do. That has no bearing on if we should do them or not. Remember, we need to maintain balance in what we ask of others, ourselves, and what we allow to be asked of us. Do you understand??

Jag does not. To his way of thinking, to what is right for him, is the infallible sense of propriety which flows with a chain of command, with the authori

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Awwww.... that was just too cute... Jag has a crush on Gaerial! I loved her comments to him, how he took the fact that even the General might unbutton his tunic *snicker* and was offended by it.

Jag, Jag, Jag - one day you'll learn!

you're dioing wodnerful with these Kidan. Very unconventional :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Gaeriel was always a very interesting character to me! I was glad to see her show up on the boards again! :D

Lovely, as always~!=D=

Yet what shocks Jag the most, what stirs in him a wistfulness that he does not, cannot comprehend at nine years old, is her eyes. One is as green as the seas of Nirauan and one as grey as the ice fields of Csilla. They harbor an intelligence and a serenity that he has never seen in eyes before.

That was my favorite passage. =D=

4. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Jade_Max
    Awwww.... that was just too cute... Jag has a crush on Gaerial! I loved her comments to him, how he took the fact that even the General might unbutton his tunic *snicker* and was offended by it.
    :D Aye...I thought it was fun...

Jag, Jag, Jag - one day you'll learn!
    well not so much learn, as be blind-sided by Jaina...

you're dioing wodnerful with these Kidan. Very unconventional :)
    Thanks!!!

VaderLVR64
    Gaeriel was always a very interesting character to me! I was glad to see her show up on the boards again! :D
    Aye...she's one of many interesting characters out there that never seem to make it into fics....

Lovely, as always~!=D=
    [face_blush]Thanks!!

That was my favorite passage. =D=
    Aye...I liked that line as well....

5. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Ah how cute, Jag as a kid. Great post and thanks for the pm!

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Alishu06
    Ah how cute, Jag as a kid. Great post and thanks for the pm!
    Glad you liked it, an not a problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.