main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Top Twenty Project - *Now Gathering Judges*

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *** The Top Twenty Project ***

As per our discussion in the Programs thread, the Moderating Team here has decided to go forward with our project to recognize and analyze the top twenty RPGs in the RPF's history. This is, tentatively, how the project is going to work. Specifics may change depending on the evolution of this project.

1.) The Mods will open a judging pool, for the community to nominate knowledgeable representatives to participate in this project.
    2.) The Mods will choose from this pool, fifteen (15) candidates we, as a duo, feel are the best for this position. We will be taking into account board experience primarily, both in duration present here *and* in activity/knowledge on what goes on in these boards.
    3.) These fifteen users will be admitted into the RPF's focus group thread, where a candid and honest discussion on candidate games will occur. The game's merits will be discussed in a candid fashion, weighing both the good and the bad. The fifteen representatives are expected to keep the proceedings of the discussion private, and the moderators will edit any discussion we see from there in the main boards. Leaking the contents of the focus group thread will be grounds for the dismissal of the leaker. We will also allow no form of campaigning or bribery to be discussed on the RPF.
    4.) When completed and agreed to, the list and all related regalia and information shall be released to the public. It will first visit the SWRPF for a week, then the NSWRPF for a week, and then its permanent home in the RPR, where it will be stickied indefinitely.

[u]Step 1: The Nomination Process[/u]

So first we need our pool. Users can nominate as many people as they wish, including themselves. The initial window will be a week long, where only normal users will be able to nominate. After the week has passed, the moderators will [u]if necessary[/u] post additional nominations to either A.) allow for a pool of fifteen to be established, or B.) add obviously appropriate candidates that may have been overlooked.

From there, we will choose the appropriate people and PM them to inquire as to their willingness. We will continue to PM people in an appropriate order until fifteen representatives have been established.

Once we have that, we will move to step 2.

[hr]

And with that, the floor is open to nominations. One week. Go!

-I_H

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I_H Edit: This thread is for nominations. Discussion on this topic can be found here. Feel free to discuss this and other issues over in that thread.

3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Well, I nominate myself, Ktala, greyjedi125 and Winged_Jedi.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Nominated

Xan
    Ktala
    greyjedi125
    Winged_Jedi

Days to go: 2

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    How dare you forget this guy!

Dubya_Scott

Also Hammer and Saint Heart deserve their dues as well

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Might as well nominate myself, and definitely BobaMatt for his efforts.

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I agree with all the nominations thus far, and allow me to make a few of my own, in no particular order:

Reynar_Tedros
    SephyCloneNo15
    GrandAdmiralJello
    Mitth
    Thok
    NaboosPrincess
    Darth_Vaders_Cousin
    darth_nemisis
    Darth_Joesha
    Sith_Lords
    BLemelisk
    Zedd-Vega
    Sith-I-5
    Darth_Elu
    spacelady
    MASTERPRENN

Quite a variety there, from all corners of the RPF, so to speak. A couple of them haven't RPed for a little while, but I don't think they've been away too long, and seeing as this Project spans all of the RPF's history, I think it's still appropriate to nominate them. I'd also nominate:

LightWarden

Mostly because while I don't always agree with him, he usually provides a different perspective on things.

8. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Now that a very busy stretch of time for me has subsided, I can do this...

Nominated - Total

Xan
    Ktala
    greyjedi125
    Winged_Jedi
    Dubya_Scott
    Sinrebirth
    BobaMatt
    Reynar_Tedros
    SephyCloneNo15
    GrandAdmiralJello
    Mitth
    Thok
    NaboosPrincess
    Darth_Vaders_Cousin
    darth_nemisis
    Darth_Joesha
    Sith_Lords
    BLemelisk
    Zedd-Vega
    Sith-I-5
    Darth_Elu
    spacelady
    MASTERPRENN
    LightWarden
    PoT
    Darth_Integral
    Jango10
    Pashatemur
    Penguinator
    Nicklityouaflame

*Nominated by me

Saintheart, feel free to edit in people to this list. :)

Alrighty then, so from this, we'll be PMing and gathering our little group. Stay tuned for more info here. Comments and suggestions for this program/process should go in the RPF Programs thread.

-I_H

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I forgot to nominate Nick! :( Sorry, man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.