main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Zaz, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    They won two titles back in the 90's, but since then it's been hard shedding.

But I confess they are one of two teams I watch (the other one is the Seattle Mariners).

This spring there's powers in the bats, anyway.

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah Paul Molitor was the **** for them in the post season. Playing good ball right now.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Halladay pitched another gem last night against the Angels. It's obviously too early to tell if they're for real this year but think of it this way: They're playing well with basically an entire pitching rotation on the DL, so their pitching will only get better as the season goes on and they start getting guys back. Just gotta hope that the hitting can be consistent.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yes, the Blue Jays are good now so they finally deserve their own thread. :p

Hey, Halladay is the man. It just makes the AL East even harder than last year.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I would have made this thread a long time ago if I knew I wasn't the only Jays fan here (I know there are others on the JC but they don't seem to post in The Arena). :p

Same reason why I haven't made a Leafs or Raptors thread. :p

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    They are an exciting comeback story this year. Granted it is early in the season but there are definatly reasons to be excitied about this franchise again. They have never truly been bad in recent years they just haven't been able to compete with Boston and New York. Hopefully this momentum can give them the extra edge. The way New York is playing now leads me to think that the AL East crown is obtainable for the other teams as it wasn't in the past

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    They won again last night!

And don't be shy; I am the only Canucks fan, and I have fun yelling at myself in the Canucks thread. o_O

Why *don't* you start a Leafs thread? Now that they have their front office solved, they should improve a good bit. Burke is really sharp.

Also...the Raptors are the only Canadian NBA franchise, and we get no NBA coverage locally...I'd like to discuss that as well.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes....

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    It's a good start for them, but you also have to remember they have yet to play the Yankees, Rays or Red Sox.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yep, that's a fair point for sure. Speaking of the Yankees if everything goes normally, it will be Halladay vs Burnett on Tuesday.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    *Sigh* True.

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    And of course, as soon as I start this thread, they lose. :p

13. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    In baseball, losing a single game is almost meaningless. Its the 5 game losing streaks that are the problem. That's the benefit/issue with the long seasons.

14. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    The Jays finally have both hitting and pitching to brag about this year. Usually it's either one or the other.

Except for the second inning, Scott Richmond pitched really well last night. He's looking pretty good so far. When the rest of the rotation regulars return, watch out.

I can't wait for Halladay vs Burnett. Should be an awesome game.

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Is that tonight?

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I am of the opinion that the Yankees are finally getting a heavy dose of reality. If A-ROd doesn't step up Joe Girardi will be fired and the team will be in dissaray either leahding to a grand Boston dynasty or the chance for the Rays or the Blue Jays to step up. .(I'd like both scenarios but Boston is my second favorite team so I am more for them ;) )

Burnett and Halladay is no real contest though You can make a strong arguement that Halladay is the best pitcher in the Majors.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Depends on which Burnett shows up. Some games he's great others not so much.

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Should be a good game.

20. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Scott Richmond was AL rookie of the month for April. I really hope that the problem of too much good pitching lasts for a while. My biggest fear is that Janssen will come back and screw up the rotation. Can't wait for tuesday. YANKEES SUCK!!!!!

They actually do.

21. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Richmond has been a pleasant surprise, as well as just about the whole pitching staff (except BJ!). Halladay is superior to Burnett, but it's AJ's first time back, so that adds to it. And it's great that the Yanks have finally been knocked down to Earth. A Jays AL East title is long overdue.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Yankees do indeed suck.

23. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    =D= [face_laugh] Eat it AJ.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  25. Zaz