main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto The Toronto Long Line Icon

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Announcing the "Icon, icon, who'll make the icon" contest.

The Powers That Be have given the individual FanForce Chapters the option of creating their own icon (that pic that's always by your name when you post). We only get the one icon which is where you come in...

Whip out your pens and paper, warm up the scanners and boot up Photoshop, 'cuz everyone has a chance to create the new Toronto icon.

The rules are simple:
    Create an icon.
    * icons can be no larger than 50x50 pixels
    * icons must be in GIF format
    * you may submit multiple entries, however no more than five submissions per person.
    * icons can contain anything at all (photos, sketches, scanned in goth bunny) - but the best will be something that all members of the Toronto forum can associate with and be proud to make their icon
    * submissions will be accepted until 11:30pm EST, February 22nd.

Prize:
    I've a five dollar gift certificate for Famous Players to go to the person who submits the winning icon. Not only will your work be displayed prominantly across the forums, but you will have almost enough to buy a large popcorn the next time we go out.

Email your submissions to me at tragiclad@sympatico.ca or post it here for all to see. Two weeks till the deadline.

2. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Well I made my first attempt at it. It is kinda week but i figured you wanted simple. I can do banners to if necesary.

3. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    More banners are always fun. If you feel like creating something, make a set of images about the same dimensions as FanForce uses. You'll need 4 images, the top banner, the background, the side gradient and the side curve. You can grab all 4 images off the source of this page, or the website.

The side and curve must be the same dimensions as the ones here (although the side image could be taller) and obviously the background and the banner have to be the same height, and it's nice if the one meets the other nicely at the edge.

Any decent entries will show up somewhere on the website or on the forum for a while. E-mail them to me, thegrandepoobah@thetorontoline.com, or post them online and send me the URL. If sending my e-mail make sure the message isn't too big or it'll get bounced.

4. Jedi_Sheridan

Feb 7, 2001
    I would be more then glad to help you out...perhaps once we get some pics after from the long line i can do something...i would like to make it original...only the TLL can use it. although I could try something like what YJN did.

5. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Tragic,
    I have sent you one, there is a second one coming. See you Saturday. Sniff.

I hate overtime. :(

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I have submitted mine.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You guys are just jealous because us YJN people are sporting ultra-cool icons now.

8. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Submissions have been starting to stream into my in-box. But I get the sense that my two-week deadline might have not been enough time. If nobody objects, I'm going to extend the contest for one more week.

So get those drawings over to tragiclad@sympatico.ca and remember that the size has to be 50x50 pixels.

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Deadline is approaching, just a reminder.

What's happening after the deadline? Are all the icons going to be posted, is their a narrowing process, etc.

10. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll post up a page with all the icons submitted and give the link here. Then we hold a vote.

Person with the most popular icon gets a $5 movie coupon for Famous Players and their icon plastered all over the forums. Pretty sweet deal, eh?

11. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Apologies all for the delay - a very busy weekend kept me from getting this page posted. Expect it shortly - but my delay is your gain. New entries will continue to be accepted until I finally get the page of icons up for judging.

Thanks all for your patience.

12. Jedi_Sheridan

Feb 7, 2001
    Ok I gave it another shot. I am still convinced that I SUCK AT PHOTOSHOP!! But the five dollar gift bonus is incredibly tempting. My God!! I am a poor student :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.