main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto The Toronto Long Line is bad for you.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by krax13, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krax13

krax13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2000
    Let's talk about The Toronto Long Line Up's subliminal psywar campaigns. Let's talk about them in a very specific and personal way. As a preliminary, I want to embrace diversity. It's fine to realize that The Toronto Long Line Up's artifices will come back to bite us in the behind by the next full moon, but it's more important to know that the net effect of The Toronto Long Line Up's allegations will be a generation of kids who are unable to read, write, or distinguish good from evil. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: Another piece of supporting evidence is that unlike its cajoleries, my own whinges are not vague and undefined. Why does The Toronto Long Line Up want to gum up what were once great ideas? Psychologists might suggest that it believes that "the norm" shouldn't have to worry about how the exceptions feel only because it has a need to believe that. Counselors might feel that The Toronto Long Line Up's toadies, when they are taken seriously at all, are considered by most scholars to be of questionable credibility. Sociologists might point out that it often starts with a preconceived story and then plugs in supposed "information" in order to create a somewhat believable tale. I agree with the above assessments, but everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that The Toronto Long Line Up is sympathetic to unctuous causes of all stripes. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche.

The Toronto Long Line Up's idea of besotted disorganized boosterism is no political belief. It is a fierce and burning gospel of hatred and intolerance, of murder and destruction, and the unloosing of a pugnacious blood lust. It is, in every literal sense, a meretricious and pagan religion that incites its worshippers to a backwards frenzy and then prompts them to obstruct important things.

By seeking to dominate the whole earth and take possession of all its riches, The Toronto Long Line Up reveals its ignorance about communism's polyvocality. It probably also doesn't realize that it says it's going to work hand-in-glove with offensive megalomaniacs eventually. Good old The Toronto Long Line Up. It just loves to open its mouth and let all kinds of things come out without listening to how infernal they sound. On the surface, it would seem merely that this is no laughing matter. But the truth is that we mustn't let The Toronto Long Line Up damn this nation and this world to Hell. That would be like letting the Mafia serve as a new national police force in Italy. On a more pedestrian level, once you understand The Toronto Long Line Up's hatchet jobs, you have a responsibility to do something about them. To know, to understand, and not to act, is an egregious sin of omission. It is the sin of silence. It is the sin of letting The Toronto Long Line Up create a climate of intimidation.

After reading everything I could find on this subject, I was forced to conclude that as that last sentence suggests, the phallocentrism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, garrulous attack on progressive ideas. If The Toronto Long Line Up continues to make me the target of a constant, consistent, systematic, sustained campaign of attacks, I will be obliged to do something about it. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations. Last summer, I attempted what I knew would be a hopeless task. I tried to convince The Toronto Long Line Up that I will dedicate the rest of my life to my efforts to defy the international enslavement of entire peoples. As I expected, The Toronto Long Line Up was unconvinced.

Does The Toronto Long Line Up have a point? I definitely doubt it. I wouldn't want to use mass organization as a system of integration and control. I would, on the other hand, love to resolve our disputes without violence. But, hey, I'm already doing that with this letter. To summarize my views: By the end of the decade, The Toronto Long Line Up will turn its back on those who need it the most.

-=-

Never mind all that.. Just testing out an aut

2. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    oooh, he use big words.

King Bob

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think this line sums up my thoughts:

"It [Joe] just loves to open its mouth and let all kinds of things come out without listening to how infernal they sound."

4. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    *falls over laughing*
    Joseph, you should post the fire monkey story.... :)

Cris~

5. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Mike Harris doesn't care about you protesting this parking lot, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.