main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Toy Box and Collector's Corner Version 2.0

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 17, 2010.

1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Me: It's Jacen and Jania... though I wish they were coming out as a bit younger figure (Ashoka think) and as brother and sister before they totally went and got messed up to where we are now...

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I hope they make an Anakin Solo and the more versions of the twins, but I'm not missing early adolescent versions. My top picks would be Jaina in Twin Suns squadron gear and Jacen as D Caedus. Also need a Tahiri, Ben Skywalker as a galactic Gestapo goon (in all black with riot gear accessories), Jag Fel in Chiss Clawfighter gear, a more mature Mara (lose the sleeveless tops, Hasbro), Grand Master Luke (long, formal robes--all black and grey)...

My list goes on and on...

And as long as we're on the subject of obscure EU figures that need making, what's with yet another D Maul getting rehashed with I-5? Couldn't they have done another cool character from one of those books?

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Frakkin poodooey news from Sir Steve's Guide:
    The EU wave us now a TRU exclusive!
    :_|

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So... Anything new with the new AT -AT??
    What figures are in the EU wave.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    The EU wave is the one you're looking for, with the twins.

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It's been postponed from next month until May, also.[face_beatup]

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Postponed?!?! Noooooooo!

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Evil Sithly Hasbro. Blah.

Postponations are bad. They reek of the darkside and
    they make me cranky.

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    [face_skull][face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, if you haven't got the memo, it's Hate Hasbro Thursday!

From YN Q&A:
    "Hasbro: It's unlikely that we would issue the female trooper again unless there was a specific storyline context given, since any female Imperials remain a strictly an EU-based concept. Our focus for the next couple of years will be on the movies with only occasional EU forays, so we don't see this one coming back out for a long while, if ever."

Why? From my perspective the obscure movie aliens and the characters they've re-hashed a gazillion times are the ones clogging up the shelves!

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Why can't it be hasbro who doesn't renew their Lucas license??? But what other company out there makes figures???

You'd think that they'd figure out we want EU when it gets the most fan choice votes and such... I want to go to a Hasbro panel at Celebration and ask ask ask???? WHY????

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We all know there are plenty of other toy companies out there n some of the smaller ones do action figures better-->They'd probably be more expensive, though.

On another note:
    [image=http://www.starwars-republic.com/Bilder/CSA/Hasbro/Action-Figuren/The-Clone-Wars-Collection/Vehicles/Collection-3/AT-AT/AT-AT-6.jpg]

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, anybody found anything lately? I broke down and got the rest of the Droid factory 2-packs. SUCKER! Seriously, I really am sick.

Got some of my AT-AT Drivers, but still need a few more, including one with the helmet off on a mint card. Help!

Friend found some of the new waves re-stocked at TRU. Got himself another AT-AT Driver and me a couple Matchsticks.

I seriously can't wait to get the new CW wave! I want that Bly and Aayla!

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I haven't seen any of them... but I'm fixing to look...

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Saw a couple figures at Maumelle Walmart from the new Clone Wars wave (at least they appeared to be fom that wave because they had the new mail-away sticker), but not any of the ones I am looking for: Aayla, Bly and Stone.

Does anyone know if there are star cases for the current cards?

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I haven't seen any of those three mentioned above.... But, I did find some Galactic Heroes sets I didn't have (of course, you know that)

I'm not sure about the star cases though.

Happy Hunting

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Target and Walmart have no figures. Did they do a recall? And is that good news or bad? Here's to hoping it doesn't cause them to skip any waves.

Still haven't found either of the Bobble-heads I want. I found out that one of them, the TIE, I think, is from a wave from 2008. Guess it was while I was broke and/or unemployed. I can still get it for under $15 including shipping on eBay. I haven't figured out if the Bossk is old, future or current, but it can also be found for a decent price on eBay. Eventually I'll probably get both that way.

I got some minis for my focci: Bossk from Bounty Hunters (with his foot propped on a wookie skull) and n AT-AT Driver, that I think comes from Champions of the Force.

Saw some more figures from the CW wave I'm looking for (at least they had the new mail-away stickers) but still no Aayla nor Bly.

I also still lack a few AT-AT Drivers, especially a mint helmet-off carded.

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Got two Aaylas and a Bly!!! One of the Aaylas is on a pretty good card, so I'll keep her carded unless I can find a perfect one n I'll trade up.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I got an Ewok village playset at a flea market... Not anything new but it's pretty cool...

All the bits are there and I only paid 5 bucks... got the box too... And it's in pretty good shape...

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Cool! Why can't I ever find deals like that? Luckeeeeeeee! *in my best Napoleon voice*

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Found the Galactic Heroes Y-Wing at McCain Target. It was too frakkin kandosii to pass up. ASTRAL!!!

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I finally found a carded Concept Ki Adi-Mundi. It's mint enough for me. I was actually thinking of giving it to my buddy, Kashyyk Yerbouti, for his Birthday this week, but he found one of his own a couple nights later.

Still looking for a mint, carded Concept Snowtrooper and Concept IG-88.

Still looking for a mint CO. Bly for Kashyyyk Yerbouti and (this one's far-fetched) CO. Gree.

From the next couple of waves (that have already been seen in
    local stores), I want Co. Stone, Darth Sidious and Snowby Rex.

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Haven't seen anything new in ages. My neighborhood Wally's has an endcap full of cool figs, but they aren't the most current waves and there aren't any there I want to buy. K--maybe that's not true--there aren't any I'll allow myself to buy--I have to set limits or I would go out of control and end up in debtors' prison.

Target's got jack squat and I went to McCain Target tonite and they have even less.

Trying to see it as a blessing--less money to spend.

...but that isn't working because I'm turning to eBay to get my fix--not to mention the Con.

Not really a toy, but I got the Tomy 1:6 scale AT-AT Driver helmet in the mail from an eBay purchase. It's awesome--now I need the TIE Pilot helmet.

I'm gonna start working toward a complete set of loose vintage--all 96. I just got a Lando in his Skiff Guard disguise, an Obi-Wan and an FX-7. I think I have 28/96 now, but I need to get better examples of some and gear for most.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I don't know what I'm looking for but I like to look... I want them to do a new Gamorrean... Cause that would be awesome...
    Oh well... Think I'll hit some stores next week while I'm out just cause I can...

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    They may not do a new piggy until 2013.