main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Toy Box (Star Wars only)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Will keep my eyes out.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    One I forgot to add to that list is Commander Appo! I definitely want at least 2 of him!!!

Can we add a new format to this thread? I would like it if there was more collecting chatter on the boards--ie more hits to this thread and more cooperation between all to find the stuff that we need.

What if, especially for the benefit of those that are new to the club, we just state if and what we collect and are mainly looking for--that way, if we find something and want to help out, we will know who to shout out to, or at least that we need to put the information up on the boards. And just for this activity, I suggest that we waive the (Star Wars Only) part of the thread title, but add a link to the non-SW collecting thread for future reference:

Here goes (AA format ;) ):
    Hi, my name is Jacob and I am a Toyaholic.
    I collect a little of everything Star Wars. I used to limit myself to only
    3.75 inch, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. I have to supplement with other lines to satisfy my cravings. I am not a completist--now I am mostly an army builder. I get some other figures, especially Jedi and modern sculpts of some other favorite figures that haven't seen plastic since POTF2. I really like exclusives, like the Target Troopers and online exclusives and Con exclusive figures--although I doubt I will ever shell out the cash for the Toy Fair silver vader or the Toy fair Anakin.
    Priorities:
    Troopers! Troopers! Troopers!
    Astromechs!
    Jedi!
    I will usually post a list of what I am looking for, so anything that isn't a Trooper, Astromech or Jedi will usually make it on that list.
    I am also really into the Bust-Ups! I don't have all of them and am not a completist, but I do have quite a few and am looking forward to more. I just got a case of the Clone Wars set, so if you are looking for some, contact me.
    They are making Harry Potter Bust-ups!!! I can't wait for those.
    I have one GG mini-bust: Bossk. I may get more in the future, but I am mostly satisfied with the Bust-ups as they are much cheaper.
    I also want to collect Harry Potter wand replicas from Noble, but I don't have any yet!
    I have a collection of the Master Replicas scaled mini lightsabers. I am missing quite a few--I'll post a list of which ones one of these days. I don't have any of the mini blasters yet, but want ALL of them! I also have a few Force FX lightsabers (E3 Anakin, E3 Vader and E2 Mace) and am always looking for a good deal on those. I can't afford full price on a Maul, for instance, but I really want one.
    I have a few of the large unleashed, but I only get the ones I really like and usually only at a discount. I have Bossk, Aayla, Ventress, Anakin, Han (classic on the Falcon ramp), Red deco V1 trooper and Grievous. I would like the Obi-wan that matches my Anakin (E3) and a few more, but, like I say, I am very picky and usually only get them on sale.
    I am also a focus collector. My biggest focus is Bossk. Next on my list for him is a vintage MOC, but I haven't budgeted for it and haven't invested the time to really see what I want. Eventually I want every MOC ever for him, but for starters I just want any vinty MOC in decent condition for a decent price--Oh! I am also looking for a good deal on a 12" Bossk--MIB or loose! I also focus on TIE pilots, AT-AT drivers, and Aayla. I used to have a Maul and general Jedi and astromech/R2 focus, but it is too wide--I needed to narrow the field a bit--as it is, I can't afford the RAH TIE pilot!
    I am now also interested in Battlestar Galactica stuff. I have a bunch of the Titanium vehicles and will probably also invest in the Kubricks.
    I collect SW Titanium too--mostly ships for dogfights--I need droid starfighters at the moment--Traditional Trade federation ones and the Tri-Fighters.
    I am also currently looking for toys from the Pixar film: CARS! My kids love them and I quite like them myself. There are a few we are missing. Highest on my priority list at the moment are: King (blue Dinoco car),

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    that didn't work either, hmmm...

in other news, I found Holo Cody at Target today and a couple SBDs. Still would like a few more SBDs.

burrito says, "HI!" He typed his name himself.

Still looking for Commander Appo and the purple and grey R2s.

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Well you all know me if it has Star Wars on it and is a toy I pretty much want it. But with the new job coming on and C4 around the corner Im not looking real hard if I find somthing Ill get it. But after C4 and a few raises at work my wife better look out Im going to get the museum finished and then it will be time to fill in the holes.
    Oh and as far as whats new that Ive gotten latly StarWarsShop.com just emailed and said my RAH Stormtrooper just shipped cant wait till Tuesday. Then the ShadowTrooper RAH is coming in March.
    Humm at $129.99 +s/h each wonder why I cant by the little figures as much. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Anybody seen Commander Appo? Know when he'll show up?

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I saw one and only one and I bought him for myself.

But if I see another one I'll let you know.

7. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I picked up the only one I've seen around here and that was in Springdale. I'm not sure if any of the stores in Fayetteville have even got that wave yet. Though I did find one of the other clones at TRU so they probably got that wave.
    Hopefully this wave will work the same way the others have last year and repeat enough times for everyone to not have to use ebay.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If anybody sees a Yarel Poof figure...Please Please Please grab it for me.

Don't know why, but I really want it.

Thanks
    Bacon

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Just for the record, I am still looking for COMMANDER APPO, PURPLE ASTRO-DROID (from Mace's starfighter, AND THE GREY/BLACK/SILVER? ASTRO-DROID!!!

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You droid hound, you...

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm still looking for the clone wars Obi-Wan galactic hero with the clone armor.

Anybody else looking for anything. (Besides Dodge...I have your list)

I'm going out tomorrow and can look.

[face_pig]

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I didn't even know that GH existed and am now officially looking for it--although I've never really had much trouble finding all the GHs I need eventually.

Thanks for the purple astromech, Bacon. Let me know if y'all find any more of those. I would like one minty-fresh and maybe a couple more.

I got all the black ones I want now, and, just for the record, we've found all the Cars cars we needed, too. I wonder if they will be making any new ones...?

What's in the next wave? I am soooooo out of touch!

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I got all the Commander Appos I need, too.

Has anybody seen any 30th anniversary figures yet?
    I think I am looking for pretty much all of them except for the stupid miner thing. Maybe I should be getting cases. Does anybody know anyplace cheeper than EE for cases? Theirs are 84 bucks for 12 figures.

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I just found the new GHs on EE, so I want:
    Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker & Clone Trooper
    Darth Maul & Sith Speeder Vehicle
    Princess Leia (Boushh Disguise) & Han Solo (Carbonite)
    Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) & Darth Vader (Removable Helmet)
    Emperor's Royal Guard & Imperial Gunner
    Ponda Boba (Walrus Man) & Snaggletooth
    Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi & Durge
    Darth Maul & Sith Speeder Vehicle
    Hammerhead & Figrin D'an

15. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Most of the GH's have been out for a few weeks now. How do you think Hyper found out about the Obi Clone she say mine.

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, lately I've been hitting Target and Walmart almost every morning and I haven't seen them at all. Hopefully in the future everyone will use this thread more...

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I've been finding some of them...Just finding them on ones though. Still not seeing any extras. So, I've been getting the ones for myself....I'll let you know when I see extras.

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I was a little late to Target this morning, but still found gold. Only one each of Obi-Clone and Durge and Blue-tattoo Ani, but I was still pleased. Can't wait to see the rest of these new waves. I am still looking for at least one more of those two, also.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I've already got those. And the Darth Maul.

Conduit says he saw the Luke/Vader reveal one at NLR...

But, I'm looking for old stuff on ebay right now. Obi figures from Ep 1 & 2 and probably preordering the waves of 30th anniversary figures with the coins. Since some of these waves come in sets of 2 each...and I don't want 2 each (just 1) if anyone is interested in going in with me on this just pm me.

[face_pig]

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I got some of my new Obi stuff in today....

It's cool...I've got Star Wars toys in my living room now...I finally feel like I belong.

Anyway, I've got all the current Galactic heroes.

Anybody down here seen the Unleashed Shadow Trooper? I know invader has seen them in NW Arkansas...but, I need one down here...

The coin figures are advertised as out and shipping and there are reports of them being spotted in Wally Worlds in other states...

So, we should start to see stuff soon!

Later Peeps...

[face_pig]

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm thinking of having a big sale soon and getting a bunch of stuff on ebay. I will post a list here as soon as I get it together. Is there anything or any type of thing that you people are looking for, in general?

I'm even considering getting rid of everything, or maybe close to everything.

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Getting rid of your collection?

Is that what you're talking about??

Let me know.

[face_pig]

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'm starting to feel like it really is a sickness for me. I know we joke about that kind of thing, but maybe I really am a toyaholic. And if I am, the only way to really get over it is cold turkey, isn't it?

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, Since I just started collecting...I might be interested in some of your stuff.

I'll call you sometime this weekend!

25. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I feel that way sometimes too. Most of my collecting has to be done in secret now that I'm married because she gets really nagging about my spending my own money. So it feels like a secret addiction and it makes me wonder why I bother.
    But I can't seem to quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.