main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Toy Box (Star Wars only)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    He sent me a PM. We're "dealing". :D

2. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Should I start a separate thread for a sale list?

I am going to be putting some stuff on ebay. I've been saying that for years now, but I have some motivation now. I want a new mountain bike and I've a lot of SW stuff I just don't need or want anymore.

There will be a lot more than this, but I just thought I would put up this list I made up a long time ago, while I was on the computer.

The grading is pretty strict. I'm not a picky collector, I would probably normally give all of these a higher grade, but I want to be as technical as possible, so I won't get any negative feedback when I put them on ebay. With the exception of the C6s, they all look great hanging on your wall or on a shelf, but they're not perfect or case fresh when you look at them closely.

2002 Saga
    #01 Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise) (w/ background)
    #03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase) c7 (crease in back lower quarter and dent in top of bubble?looks c8 or c9 from front?straight on)
    #04 C-3PO (Protocol Droid) c7-8 (curved card on right side?crease on back?minor shelf wear) (w/ background)
    #05 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master) ) (w/ background)
    #07 Boba Fett (Kamino Escape) c8 (curved card?no creases) (w/ background)
    #08 Tusken Raider Female With Tusken Child c8 (curved card?no creases) (w/ background)
    #10 Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) c6-7 (probably an opener) (w/ background)
    #15 Geonosian Warrior
    #18 Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter) 1x c9 and 1x c7 (crease on right back and minor denting on top of bubble)
    #21 Nikto (Jedi Knight)
    #23 Yoda (Jedi Master) c7.5-8 (dent on right side of top of bubble and K-Mart price tag in upper right of card)
    #24 Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator) c8 (slightly curvy card)
    #25 Taun We (Kamino Cloner) c8 (scratch on upper right of card that you can only just see if you tilt it just the right way and slight dog-ears on bottom corners)
    #27 Count Dooku (Dark Lord) c8 (very minor dent on top of bubble and small crease middle right of back)
    #28 Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue) c8 slightly curvy card
    #29 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel) c8 (slight creases on back)
    #30 Darth Vader (Bespin Duel) c8 (minor shelf wear)
    #31 Jango Fett (Final Battle) c7 (big dent in top of card)
    #32 Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master) c7 (warpy card and minor shelf wear?dent in top front of bubble)
    #33 Endor Rebel Soldier (Bearded) c7.5-8 (minor shelf-wear)
    #33 Endor Rebel Soldier (non-Bearded) c7.5-8 (a bit of a curve on lower left of card and small crease on back right middle)
    #33 Endor Rebel Soldier (non-Bearded) c7.5-8 (itty-bitty crease marks all over card, but no creases?maybe from warping and then being flattened back out?dent on right of top of bubble)
    #34 Massiff with Geonosian Warrior c8 (slight crease on peg hook)
    #35 Orn Free Ta c7.5-8 (shelf wear and small crease on back)
    #37 Han Solo (Endor Raid) c8 (dent on left middle of card)
    #38 Chewbacca (Cloud City) c7.5 (curved bottom right of card and crease on back left)
    #39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine c8 (crease at top of bubble on back of card)
    #40 Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter) c7.5 (dent on right of top of bubble)
    #42 Darth Maul (Sith Training) c8 (shelf wear and K-Mart price sticker)
    #43 Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack)
    #44 Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Master) c6 (big crease)
    #46 Teemto Pagalies (Pod Racer)
    #47 Jango Fett (Slave I Pilot) c7 (curvy card, sucked in bubble on top and shelf wear)
    #50 Watto (Mos Espa Junk Dealer) c7.5-8 (barely visible scratch on top left front and minor crease on back)
    #51 Lot Dod (Neimoidian Senator)
    #52 Tusken Raider with Massiff c7.5 (crease on middle front of card?under peg hook)
    #53 Yoda (Jedi High Council) c8 (minor creases on back)

Make me an offer.
    I also have 2 Titanium Vaders and 2 Titanium Boba Fetts--case fresh.

More will be posted in the near future.

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Sorry got all the 2002 Saga may be missing a few variations but with the collection packed up cant tell. I may need one of the Titanium Troopers are the painted or raw.
    Keep up us to date with us buying Tre's bike for his Bday in Jan. and the holidays coming I dont have alot of change right know but if there is somthing I really need I talk to ya.
    Henry

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    EDIT: OOPS! They're not troopers, they're Bobas

What kind of bike is Tre' getting?

5. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    It's a 2006 Extreme Montana 250cc.

6. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Some of us are toy stoopid and have no idea what the numbers mean...

Maybe you could post a rough description of the grading system...

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    c-10 would be the best, obviously, but nothing is that good--they don't even come out of the case without blemishes anymore...
    c-9 or 9+ "Case Fresh" Since noone would dare call theirs perfect, this is as good as it gets. Minty fresh. No noticeable blemishes, scratches, bends or creases--clear bubble/blister, clean seal, etc.
    c-8 one or two problems--I think a piece should be marked down a grade per big blemish. I'm not too picky, so a lot of my collection falls in this category, between 8 and 9. It may have a few scratches on the bubble or card, or slightly dog-eared corners on the card, or the card may be a little bent or wavy. If they are minor details, like the scuffing on the card corners or on the blister that you get, even straight out of the box, than I might not grade it down until there are two more minor problem areas.
    c-7 one more significant blemish, or two or more lesser ones. Dog-eared corners and a scratched blister, for instance...
    c-6 "Opener" Most collectors wouldn't hang a c-6 on their wall. It is great for finding a figure you want loose, minty-fresh from the package.
    AFA grading is of course going to be a lot stricter. And this is just one man's amateur assessment of what he's learned in 8 years of collecting but not being to picky about it.
    Any feedback, Henry, or any other serious collectors?

Just an example of the subjectiveness of the system:
    I think my C2 Jorg Sacul was a c-7 from Brian's Toys. I wouldn't grade it so low. It would be a c-8 or 9 for my purposes, and I might grade it c-7/8 if I were to sell it, just to be on the safe side.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Edited my list above, concerning the Titanium Bobas, not troopers. OOPS!

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Sounds like you got the grading down about right. But everryones idea is differant. Thats why AFA was born they go by more finite rules than the everyday Joe.

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So, I'm kinda on a toy-buying moratorium...

So when I found multiples of most of wave 5 at Walmart this morning...

I almost cried.:_|

I called my boss and she let me get a few:
    Darth Malak
    Darth Revan
    Tattoo Ani
    Yoda/Kybuck
    Roron Korobb
    Organic Grievous

She let me have two of them and the rest are going under the bed for Christmas or whatever...

There were still a lot I wanted, like Hermi Odle, Threepio and Salacious, Luke with bone (that came out wrong), and that drummer from the band is a really nice sculpt and paint job.

One thing that was missing was Starkiller Hero. I don't know if this was a slightly different case pack, or if someone else had already picked them all off.

I still want another Darth Revan to keep carded, since it is a Fan-Choice figure.

I saw the concept Vader and a GH Gold McQ Stormy at Target, but I'd already overspent.

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I guess what I saw at Target was Wave 4 revision 2...

Cartoon Boba was there, but I am not impressed. It is a rather boring repaint. If there had been a new cartoon-inspired sculpt, I would be all over it!

12. NELFD123

NELFD123 Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    I went into Walmart today for some batteries and passed through the toy section and almost fainted! There was probably 10 figures I would have bought if I wasnt able to control myself. There was a ton of concept figures; Boba, Vader, Starkiller, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, pre droid Grevious. There was also a bunch of new clones, a grey clone commander, red,blue,yellow Clone Captains, fan choice Dark Troopers, fan choice Sandtroopers, fan choice Scout Troopers, droids, droids and more droids!

I'm not sure what series they all are, but it was a nice collection!

13. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    All I can say is

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK

One Wal*Mart I was in said they had 8 cases in the back but no room for them

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Woo! What a great time to be a figure collector! Unless you're my checking account, that is...[face_blush]

Got the McQuarrie Fett (probably the last person in the world, but hey) and the Yoda/Kybuck. I'm lovin' it...

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So...which Wal Mart was that?

Cool that you found some stuff that you were looking for otisdodge

And I know what you mean about the checking account Jaira

I don't hunt anymore since I just started buying the waves... I'm only going to do that with this coin run
    and it's just becasue I want all the coins... Guess I shouldn't say only going to do that with...cause they'll
    come up with some other gimic that makes me want them all...but, since my collection wasn't very big at all...getting
    figures and stuff makes some sense.

At least they've got soemthing new out...

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yeah, but buying them by waves takes the thrill out of the hunt![face_devil]

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    No Doubt

18. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Well, I'm as happy as a drunken clam. I just had to make a last minute run to my neigborhood Walmart to pick up a prescription before getting ready for work, decided, "what the heck," and wandered over to the toy aisle; you know, just incase. Luck was with me tonight. I finally found a McQuarrie Concepts Darth Vader! Only one, of course, but that's one more than I had. Also picked up a CZ-4 figure. If anybody is interested, they had a Darth Vader Tie Fighter. Only one, so hurry. That's at the Jacksonvile Walmart.

19. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I want to get those Battlefront II sets but it's a Previews exclusive.
    How do you order from Previews? I didn't see them on their site.
    Do I actually have to go into a comic shop and order it from the catalog?

20. solo71

May 22, 2007
    Surely you can order them online somewhere. And if not, whats so bad about going to the comic shop to do it?

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'd try Entertainment Earth....

I don't know what the Battlefront 2 sets are...

But, I know I just ordered my kid the Mandolorian packs for christmas...

Don't remember if I saw the ones you're looking for but, I'd try there.

Where do you do your comics shopping?

22. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    The only comic shop I'm familiar with here is actually just called the Comic Book Shop just off of Rodney Parham.
    Entertainment Earth always runs me off with their prices.
    But I don't know how much the sets cost through Previews.

The Battlefront 2 sets are two hasbro battlepacks based on the game. One with clones, the other with battle droids. Mostly just repaints, but there are some new weapons that were in the game (rocket lauchers, shot guns and such).

23. solo71

May 22, 2007
    Ok. Don't take this personal, but you just summed up why I never got into the EU.....Shotguns? In Star Wars? "Hey, you kids! Get off of my Death Star!"

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    The battle front II figures are at EE. For both sets it is $74.99 and shipps in November. Plus probably $10 shipping. Theres 13 figures total so it would end up about $6.50 apiece. So not a bad price.

25. solo71

May 22, 2007
    "Hey, you kids! (sound of shotgun being pumped) Get outta my lambda class shuttle!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.