main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA The TRADE Federation (for trading SW stuff-or other things if you wish)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The following is a partial repost of Chris (Greencat's) ideas for this thread, which I heartily agree with.

The purpose of this trade thread is to help folks that wish to reduce their collection or rid themselves of 'extras' find the people who wish to increase their collection. It is NOT a for $$ profit thread. Also SWAP, fanforce, theforce.net have nothing official to do with this, trade at your own risk, buyer beware, play nice with each other!!!

1. NO SCALPING! People picking up stuff for other people, who then repay the exact cost of the item is one thing. Selling stuff at the cost + a profit is NOT the purpose of this thread. Go to ebay if you want to do that.
    (my note) It is okay to round up a little, such as the nearest quarter (which is what I normally do)
    Scalping is lossely defined as buying something at retail, then selling it for much high to make a profit. Within the SW market that "markup" can be as high as 2 to 3 times more than cost (or even higher)
    Please do NOT do this. You only serve to frustrate the very same folks you plan on doing "business" with and create a demand that would not exhist were it not for that greedy attitude. (Yes you all know I'm very adamant about non-scalping) I personally have only sold 1 thing or more than cost and that was a Silver Boba Fett. (Long story but basically I saved someone else from getting up very early, driving hundreds of miles and standing in line, trust me that in that one instance it was justified) Regular figures however that can be found at retail all over the place should never be sold/traded for more than cost. This even goes for the short packed figures!

2. Selling things for cash should be an absolute last option. Barter should be the first method tried.
    (my note) this is a trade thread after all...

3. Trade at your own risk.
    (my note) anyone caught messing someone over intentionally will be called out on this. If you agree to make a trade you must follow through with it.

Most Importantly! The value of an item is what you make of it. If you are looking to trade for something and do not like what the other person wants in trade for it, simply don't trade with that person for that item. Conversely, if you place too high a value on something you have for trade and can't seem to get someone to trade you for that item, it is either that your trade value is too high or more simply noone wants that item.

I will give some examples or trades I've done here that will illustrate Great trades and how this all should be handled.

1) I received a Jorg Sacul figure and traded a 12inch Qui-gon Jinn.

Now the actual dollar value for the Sacul figure IS $10 (not what the secondary market says but what this sold for initially)
    The Qui-gon was $20.

The Sacul however was a much rarer item and for a time was being sold in the hundreds of dollars while the Qui-gon held or lost a little of it's value.

I aquired the Sacul from our very own Greencat who is a big Qui-gon lover, so while she was very aware of the value on the sencondary market for the Sacul she also knew I woudl take great care of this figure and woudl also receive the Qui she so wanted.

I personally feel that I came out the better but because of GC's "affection" for Qui she got something of great value to her personally, so it's relatively equal.

Another trade I had with Greencat was this:

She trade a 3pack of Green Clones and I traded Padme (Wedding), Wa-7 (waitress droid) and $4.00.

The cost of the clones was $11 (approx with tax) and the cost of the two figures were each $5.25. To tally my trade up it equaled $14.50. you might say that I gave/paid too much, but I would say otherwise. For some reason the Green set of Clones was the hardest to come by and I never found it at retail, so I was willing to pay a little extra for this. Chris was happy with just the two figures but I felt it morally responsible of me to give the extra to her. One because of it's rarity and also because she got this while on vacation and only had that one set. It was n

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I will try to bring the following to the trade meeting. They are taking up too much space so something smaller would probably work better for me. Not sure what exactly I am looking for yet though.

1. Star Wars Rebel Strike Game Display
    - it looks like the picture at the following link (copy and pasted it to avoid too many views): http://www.geocities.com/dpk55/rebelstrike_display.jpg

2. Knights of the Old Republic Game Display
    - I will try to find a picture of this but it has Darth Trapjaw and some other characters on it.

3. Enter the Matrix Game Display.
    - Has Niobi (sp?) on the front. Will try to get a pic.

Oops. I also have a Star Wars Galaxies display.

3. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I have for trAde:
    1 R-3po droid, 1 Jedi luke ( glove on right hand), 1 10"vinel(sp?) Tusken Raider,2 10" Vinel(sp?) Prince Xisor, 1 Anakin animated,1 Windu animated, 2 pez dispensers chewieand boba fett, 1 bendez storm trooper,and 1 Transformers smokescreen.

Looking for: Bail organa,2x obiwan club patron,2x elan sleezebango,battle droids.c-3po tattoine ambush,mc trooper, super poeseable clone

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Fluke, I'm interested in that Knights of the Old Republic stand. I don't yet have an inventory of trade items . . . perhaps if you could give me an idea of what types of things your intersted in?

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Not sure yet greencat, I only get something when it catches my eye and I don't really collect specific items. I might be interested in some nice books though, not the novels but those with pictures and drawlings and information. I also like Yoda.

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Fluke I think I have a Yoda fig for you, I'll try to remember and check tonight otherwise I'll find it for the trade session.

7. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Fluke do you stil have your Galxies stand left?

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.