main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Trades Thread (Discussion and Review for All Comic TPBs)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett33

Django Fett33 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 19, 2013
    Ben, the thing is the Tales TPBs WERE big back then because they were very popular but there not made anymore and its very hard to find in bookstores. its made harder for the younger audience to know what Tales is. but if Tales had Omnibus forms then Tales would be popular and popular on TPBs as well. tales would sell like hot cakes.

2. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

They havent created an Omnibus form of them but it seems that most Star Wars titles are in Omnibus form except a few like Crimson Empire, Dark Empire, Legacy and Tales.

I think its a good possibility they will have a Tales Omnibus because they have Star Wars Visionaries for Wild Space Volume 2. Visionaries is the same thing as Tales with random short stories.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm referring to page count Django! They're surprisingly large collections!

I can't tell you how well they sold and I'll add I wasn't saying there shouldn't be an Omnibus version, simply that you'd need 3 volumes to collect the set.

On canon front, comic fans can be a little odd in this respect and it probably did play a role in killing the title. Shame, as it has some killer stories, amongst them Vader vs Maul!

4. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

I completely DISAGREE with your opinion that there shouldnt be an Omnibus at all but thats just u. i love omnibus, u completely hate them in every way.

I agree the Vader and Maul story was amazing.

5. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    While Tales is the last long running older series to be collected we're far from being finished with the Omnibus collections. We still have Chewbacca, Jedi Academy,Union, Jedi Vs Sith, The older Clone Wars digests (the Tartokovski stuff) and some left over prequel era stuff in terms of older comics. And with Dark Horse starting to collect more recent, post 2006 material we have enough material to fill out around 20 more omnibi. (I have a google document file lying around somewhere listing everything uncollected, I should probably find that...)

6. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    He's not saying there shouldn't be an Omnibus, he's saying that it would have to be more than one volume. Calm down.

7. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    well more than one volume shouldnt be an issue at all than. im sure dark horse will have 3-4 volumes.

8. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

Yeah absolutely i would love to see what else should be uncollected. There have been 31 total omnibus titles that have come out including 5 this year. And already 4 announced for early next year so there can be around 6-10 omnibus titles to come out by the end of next year.

Jedi vs Sith is another great one.

9. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

Ben, i want to apologize for my last comment i made. i glanced at your comment and thought it said there shouldnt be an omnibus version. Sorry about that.

Yeah 3 volumes i dont think would be an issue. I mean Clone Wars had 3 volumes dedicated to the Republic issues it collected and not collecting Clone Wars Adventures or any other separate Clone Wars comic series but thats besides the point.

10. jaoblias

Sep 23, 2012

I found it buried in my favourites folder. Its informal as all heck and im in the middle of updating it, but everything is sorted into hypothetical collection listings approximate to page count. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vuq44uCf-9waPKm4vWx9YCOAYaebixuTlPVcwrRFGN4/edit I'll work on making it more formal and arranged better but here it is for now.

Django Fett33 likes this.
  11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    That's a really cool and well-thought-out list, Jaoblias. The great thing about all those orphaned ones is that they could just stick them all together in another "Wild Space" omni.

12. jaoblias

Sep 23, 2012
    Actually does anyone know how the Rookies/Evasive Action webcomics would translate to the page? The only reason I have them orphaned is cause i couldn't find any images of what constituted a "strip" on them. Depending on size Evasive Action could be put in the Purge omni, and Rookies could get lumped in to the "Beginnings" omni. The Ewoks digest may or may not become the first of a series which could be collected with the Spanish strips.

And on the subject of the webcomics whats the status on those? Is there anywhere to read them now that Hyperspace is non-existent?

13. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    jaoblias, GREAT LIST!!! still plenty of titles to collect in the omnibus format.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmmm....

:D Nah, I'm not that irked with you. Reflects well on you that you recognised the screw-up too.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    BookDepository have updated their catalogue with some very interesting listings for June-August 2014! Although it is likely comic shops will have these items a little sooner:

June 2014

Dawn of the Jedi: Volume 3 - Paperback
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars:-Dawn-Jedi-3-Force-War-John-Ostrander/9781616553791

July 2014

Darth Vader & The Cry of Shadows - Hardback
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars:-Darth-Vader-Cry-Shadows-John-Ostrander/9781616553821

August 2014

Star Wars Legacy Volume II #3 - Paperback
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-Legacy-II-3-Corinna-Bechko/9781616553814

Finally....

The Star Wars - Paperback (July 2014)
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-JW-Rinzler/9781616554255
    The Star Wars - Hardback (July 2014)
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-JW-Rinzler/9781616553807
    The Star Wars - Limited Edition hardback: (August 2014)
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-Limited-Edition-JW-Rinzler/9781616554262

An interesting array of options here on this item.

16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    With what in the galaxy would they omnibus The Star Wars? Maybe it would have to be stuck in Wild Space: Volume III.

17. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

I couldnt tell you. its fairly recent title so i doubt it would be in a omnibus in a year or two.

jaoblias, would have a better idea. def check out his previous post with all the stories that would be in future omnibus.

18. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    Ben,

I cant wait for Dawn of the Jedi Volume 3 to come out. i read issue #1 at a book store and was surprisingly hooked into it unlike previous volumes.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Interesting, given the current discussions around issues #1-2 here Django.

20. jaoblias

Sep 23, 2012
    The Star Wars at this point would best go in a Wild Space. I wish they'dd have waited on the infinties omnibus cause that would have been a perfect place for it. Especially considering how thin said Infinities omni is.

Dawn Of The Jedi so far has been super lame in my opinion. Force War seems to be heading in the right direction but geez lousie were 12 issues in and its only getting good now? Also I hate how despite being 20,000 years in the past everyone seems to have technology as good as if not better then what we see in Tales Of The Jedi. I really liked them bringing the Kwa into the story tho. Infinities End is a personal favourite in the early Republic series and it was cool to have the ideas from it integrated more into canon.

Django Fett33 likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about that, tech in SW goes up and down like an erratic yo-yo - especially over millennia!

jaoblias likes this.
  22. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    Im so glad im not the only one that thinks that. everyone has praised this series as the "greatest ever" but not me. its ok at best. 1st volume i hated, 2nd volume was alright but the 3rd looks pretty good. i read the 1st issue and was thoroughly impressed because it started with the actual war. it took 2 boring volumes to set up a really exciting chapter, it doesnt seem right in my opinion too.

i think the only "Old Republic" era series with actual old technology that looked ancient was the Tales of the Jedi series and i love those series to this day. the other series have had no old technology, i guess the writers and artists couldnt come up with anything new.

23. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013
    Hello Everyone,

Just on time for Christmas, here is my NO SPOILER review for KOTOR Omnibus Volume 2.

Please enjoy the video.
    I only hope that Youtube doesnt flag my vid for featuring clips of music, it would be far less entertaining without it, if that happens ill have to remove this vid and create a new one without music, but anyway....

I want to wish everyone
    Happy Holidays!

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Few things are ever that clear cut - especially on this board! You have been reading the reviews I've posted here, haven't you?

25. Django Fett33

Jul 19, 2013

Yes i have read previous ones. I read your Volume 2 review, i cant find your Volume 1 review of DOTJ. What page of the thread would i find it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.