main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Trades Thread (Discussion and Review for All Comic TPBs)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I saw the last few Legacy TPBs listed on Amazon (must remember to pick up a copy or two this year), but does anyone know what the "updated handbook of the Legacy era" is? Its mentioned in the Empire of One (now that's an intriguing arc title) TPB, so wonder if it'll be a modified reprint of #0/.5 or a handbook of volume II. Really hope its a handbook of volume II, even if its too late to really appreciate all those kinds of hints a Dark Horse Star Wars handbook usually has.

Only just now noticed the second Legacy TPB is listed as a hardcover? Hope that's not a typo, it would be nice to see them publish a hardcover version of something other than yet another Darth Vader series. Hm, so if there is a handbook, sounds like most of the Legacy II TPBs will be five issues, with the last being four issues (counting the handbook) so it won't look too thin.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I noticed that the upcoming SW Alderaan tpb is listed at £20 on Amazon UK. Is it a hardcover? If not that price seems a bit high to me.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I spotted that last week too when looking up trades I'm missing...

I think the entry I saw was indeed listed as hardcover... which was very weird, as I couldn't find any of Shadow of Yavin listings that were hardcover, and the pre-order listing I saw for Shattered Hope was again paperback like normal, making that hardcover Alderaan one... really odd.

Even stranger, Shattered Hope is listed as Volume 4, and instead they list Rebel Girl as Volume 3. I've cross-checked that on Wookieepedia, but it says Shattered Hope will be Volume 3, yet the Amazon listing already has cover art that says "Volume Three" on the cover, likewise the cover art for Shattered Hope says "Volume Four". Which has left me... bamboozled. Is Wookieepedia wrong...? Or are they releasing these differently in the UK?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got Shadow of Yavin and it is paper with a price of £14.99 on the back. That's around the usual bookstore price, though Amazon UK usually give a discount. That's why the £20 price surprised me. I like the series but not that much..

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Amazon.com lists it as a paperback, at $19.99, so it should be far less, probably input error.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I might wait til I see it in the local bookstore then. Or I'll ask them to look it up if they don't have it in stock just to see what their price is.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Volume 3 Rebel Grrl is listed as hardcover on both Amazon .com and .co.uk but the price says paperback.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Somebody is getting their wires crossed then.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, generally the Titan editions will cost more than DHC ones (despite being practically identical) but the DHC ones can be harder to get hold of.

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, that must have been the hardcover that I saw listed then.

I'm still slightly confused by which is actually Volume 3. Wookieepedia makes no mention of Rebel Girl at all, but having just Googled it, I see it is listened as Volume 3 on RandomHouse's site, so I'm guessing it was Wookieepedia that was wrong, and that Shattered Hope is actually Volume 4.

11. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Does anybody else think that the Honor and Duty trade paperback my become a bit more sought after now, since it collects the only four issues of Republic that didn't get omnibused.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Likely to be so, if you but wait.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I've ordered Alderaan from Amazon US along with another book not out here in the UK yet. At least the dollar/pound rate is in my favor (around $1.68 to £1.)

Zorrixor likes this.
  14. mbruno

Jan 19, 2010
    Fortunately, I got a copy from Amazon a while back, I was just curious.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Truth to be told mbruno, there's no hard and fast rule on this stuff.

16. mbruno

Jan 19, 2010
    I figured that.

17. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Are most people getting stuff digitally or physically? I tent to not trust digital but the prices for the out of print TPBs are so much nicer digitally....

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I still get mine physically.
    Got Legacy Volume 1 Book 3. Legacy is such an awesome series. My FT equivalent of the PT-OT Saga with the NJO being the ST equivalent. Such a shame it was ended quickly. Would have loved to see what they would have done if Krayt was dead longer. Can't wait to see how Volume 2 ends.
    Now to find a KOTOR Volume 3 Omnibus.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    E-reading doesn't appeal to me.

Pity Krayt didn't stay dead full stop, oh well....

20. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    Why did they end Legacy? I heard something about the order coming from up high (Lucas?). It's a shame that almost all the modern ongoings (KOTOR, Legacy v1, Legacy v2, Dawn of the Jedi & Star Woods) have ended prematurely.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure there's ever been a definitive answer. Certainly axing Legacy and KOTOR were DHC's worst decisions in their entire SW run, it blasted a major hole in their rep and, for some, they never did recover totally from it.

BoromirsFan and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That would work too. Would have loved to see what they would have done. Jariah Syn arc with the Vong perhaps? More Gar Stazi and the GA, the Joker squad etc.

23. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I heard some rumblings about making room for the old republic arcs? Or because Kotor comics might interfere with bioware's story?

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Weren't they coming up on Dark Horse's 25 anniversary and DH wanted to start new series' for that?

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That kind of fizzled out didn't it? The 25th anniversary business?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.