main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Tragalbury - Official Character Social Thread and Member Community Centre

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    The Tragalbury

A place of dreams and fantasy, a realm of community and open doors of opportunity for all manner and form of excitement, fun and joy. Welcome to the Tragalbury - the Non-Star Wars Role Playing Forum's very own, very first social community centre! Here we welcome you, as people--members of the Role Playing Forums--and as players--through the many characters that you create. That's right, the Tragalbury welcomes you all, with your aliases and alter-egos and socks and puppets.

Established at the dawn of this great forum's creation, the Tragalbury boasts some of the finest amenities and accomodations this side of the known universe and beyond. This tremendous estate is comprised not only of a funky, brand-spanking-new nightclub, with an open dancefloor, three bars, and an underground gaming room; several balcony levels, lounge areas and separate themed rooms, all with comfortable seating; and, several swimming pools, with adjacent spas and open fountains.

Freedom and security are never an issue in the Tragalbury. All are welcome; checks for weapons, poisons and other items of contraband are conducted well before entry. Security staff are polite, prompt and vigilant. Staff are well-versed in biological and electronic agents of chaos, harm and destruction, particularly those tending the alien bars, and those employed as keepers of the peace.

[color=red][b][u]Method of Participation[/b][/u]

Since members are encouraged to participate through their characters, any posting within the Tragalbury would be conducted through [i]original[/i] characters. Posts should be clearly distinguished between in- and out-of-character actions. And, while this is not a formal role-playing game, the opening post and set of guidelines are enforceable by Tragalbury staff.

More formal than a social thread, and incporporating heavy use of role playing skill and technique, the Tragalbury is intended to act as a social centre for all interested members of the forum to visit and contribute to, as they would any other social or community thread, or game.[/color]
    [hr]
    [color=blue][b][u]The Opening[/b][/u]

A smartly dressed man announces the opening of the mysterious, yet terribly promising Tragalbury for all to enter. Drinks are free on opening night, and special performances from some of the universe's greatest magicians and musicians have been arranged. So, what're you waiting for? Come on in!

Remember to leave your weapons and poisons at home. Danger and excitement enough will find you once you're inside; you'll never want to leave.[/color]

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    IC Kieth Star

The well-dressed man entered the room. His ankle felt lighther without his gun in the holster, and the bulge in his suit jacket had conceeded. He had been required to leave them at the door, and after a minute of arguing with the guard he agreed to disarm himself.

Kieth moved to a table. The room was empty.

He took a bottle of champagne out of a chrome ice-bucket. He popped the cork and the top fizzed out and trickled down the side of the glass bottle. He touched the end to his lips and took a swig as he waited in solitude for anymore guests.

TAG-ANY

OOC-Uh...Did I do this right?

First Post!
    [face_dancing]

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Quincy P. Shackleford

Quincy entered the Tragalbury a little hesitantly. His cane felt lighter than usual, due to the abscense of a blade hidden in it, his safety measure.

The place was mostly empty, except for a lone man with a bottle in his hand. A full champagne bottle. Well, almost. The cork was off and the man had just taken a swig from it.

Rather un-sanitary, thought Quincy, his eyebrows raising a little beneath his bowler hat. Undoing his brwon jacket, he left his surcoat buttoned up, with the chain of a pocketwatch showing on the right side. Beneath the elegant vest he wore a white shirt of Egyptian cotton, and his pants were an indentical brown to his jacket. Black Oxfords completed the bookmaker's ensemble.

"I say, good sir, any chance of a drink?" piped up Quincy, walking towards the man.

Tag: Kieth Star

4. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    OOC: There is no right and wrong, precisely, but if there were, you'd have hit it right on the mark of being entirely right ;) Welcome! It's great to have a first visitor :D Edit: Make that two visitors!! :D :D

IC:

Security was a though job, but someone had to do it. When Kieth Star entered and relinquished his gun with some vocal hesitation, however, a smile came to form itself upon the officer's lips. "It's for your safety as well as everyone else's," said the Security Officer. He motioned for Kieth to enter through the main doorway, which led into the establishment proper.

Kieth Star found himself in a largely empty room. There was a bottle of champagne that he helped himself to, but, for the most part, it seemed that he was among the first to arrive. The room was expansive, with several empty tables and vacant chairs. It was dimly lit and rather quiet, but there was an almost musical hum coming from an adjacent corridor.

Soon a bookmaker entered, one Quincy P. Shackleford. He approached Mr Star, and he, too, heard the strange noise as it built into something closer and closer until finally laser-lights began to shine and scatter throughout the room. The far walls rotated and turned in-side out, as one corner of the room shifted into a stage, with a solo performer and band appeared for all to see and enjoy.

Before anyone could utter a word, Kelly Clarkson began belting out her latest piece for all to hear, and the band's musicians set to making some tunes. A few patrons took their leave for more appropriate surroundings as an announcement followed inviting patrons into the open pool area ...

5. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    IC Kieth Starr

Kieth wiped his mouth with his coat jacket. The doors he had come through earlier swung open which produced a noise that echoed throughout the large room. Kieth looked up and saw a nicely dressed man enter, he was holding a long cane. Probaly a sad story. Whenever you had crutches, it was a funny story. A cane, that's a sad story.

Kieth gave him a nod to acknowledge him. The man approached him.

"I say, good sir, any chance of a drink?"

He had a thick accent. From where, Kieth didn't know.

"Oh uhh...yea." Kieth studdered as he reached for two glasses. He filled them both and allowed the fuzz to fizzle over the edge. He handed one of the glasses to the stranger and kept the other for himself. He raised his glass as if toasting.

"I'm Kieth."

Suddenly a rumble was audible, and Kieth looked up. A stage was filled with a band and was being led by none other than Kelly Clarkson. He sighed.

"Now I know why they took our weapons."

TAG-Quincy

6. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    OOC: *cracks up with laughter* [face_laugh]

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori Kama

A young woman walks into the bar. Her long black hair lays down to past her back. She wears a wine colored dress, long, with a long slit down the back. It follows the curves of her body, as she walks into the new establishment.

She sees the two gentlemen, and gives them a nod, as she walks over towards the main bar. She orders an singapore sling, and then, with the coloful drink in hand, glides over to a small table and takes a seat. She sits back in the chair, and notices the band.

Shaking her head, she takes a sip from her drink.

"May this place prosper." she said softly, as she takes a sip.

TAG: any

8. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    IC:

Not, one, not two, but three Security Guards notice the young woman's entrance and find themselves all but drooling as they stare are her shapely form. Her long black hair and wine coloured dress draw as much attention to her as her curves, and the Security Officers soak it up like they would the rays of the sun.

One such Officer leaves his post and moves over to stand opposite the lady as he reaches down to pull out a chair. "Mind if I buy you a drink?" he says to her, smiling with confidence as he stares down at her from his particularly advantageous observation point.

TAG: Ktala

OOC: Feel free to treat this place as you would any other social thread. Talk, laugh, joke, whatever ;) It's a place for interaction OOC as much as it is for IC actions. More than any of that, however, it's a place to have fun, so it'll be what we make of it.

9. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Superman

Superman, known as Kal-El on his homeplanet of Krypton that was destroyed by natural causes many years ago, entered the newly constructed Tragalbury, a place that he was sure would offer enjoyment and escape from his harsh routine. He passed the routine weapons check before entering, for why would he need weapons? He had the strength of ten men and could leap tall buildings in a single bound, and was often mistaken for a bird or a plane.

He found himself a seat at the bar, and noticed that he stood out quite well from the other divergent characters that visited the palace of luxury. A skin-tight blue suit with a red alien symbol behind a yellow background with a long red cape will do that to a man, or in this case, an alien that appeared human.

He tapped the bar with his finger gingerly, careful not to crack the new marble with his amazing strength. "Bartender," he said as he brushed away the annoying curl of hair that always seemed to find its way to his eyes, "how about a root beer?"

Tag: Any

10. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    OOC: Pity those weapons checks I mentioned didn't include some clause about monitoring super powers :p A most amusing post ;)

IC: A frown expressed itself upon the bartender's face as he prepared a drink for the strangely dressed man. "Do I know you...?" said the bartender, curious. "You look familiar. I wonder if we have not met someplace prior..."

His words trailed off as he passed Superman a root beer. Drinks were on the house since it was still opening night.

TAG: Dark-Enigma

11. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

Superman noticed what appeared like a frown reveal itself on the bartender's face. He sighed. What did he do this time?

"Do I know you...?" said the bartender, curious. "You look familiar. I wonder if we have not met someplace prior..."

Superman grasped his root beer that was filled inside a large, transparent glass mug and took a large gulp before replying to the barkeeper.

"Were you the man in the flying plane that I saved from crashing in a field?
    Or maybe the one who payed no attention to the sign that read 'Yield'?
    Perhaps you were the man that I saved from the evil snake
    that desired to eat you as if you were a chocolate cake?
    Or were you the one that was cornered by the evil Joker,
    but all you wanted to do was play a little poker?
    You may have been the man that I saved in the ocean,
    man all of that media sure did stir up some commotion.
    Or were you the man whose car I removed from the section of "No Parkin'"?
    For the love of Krypton I am getting sick of that Kelly Clarkson!"

Tag: LSA

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori

Ori chuckles softly to herself as she sips her drink. Not, one, not two, but three Security Guards seem to be gazing in her direction. And they are not trying to hide it.

One such Officer leaves his post and moves over to stand opposite the lady as he reaches down to pull out a chair. Hmm. A brave one. At least it will not be boring."Mind if I buy you a drink?" he says to her, smiling with confidence as he stares down at her.

She looks up slowly, her eyes sparkle as she studies the man in front of her. She crosses her legs at the knee as she looks up.

"I dont mind." she answers smoothly, enjoying the exchange. Her hand moves up to brush a stray piece of hair from her face. She looks over at the band playing, before looking back at the man.

"But, since this is opening night, drinks are free. Lucky for you."

Ori sipped the rest of her drink, as she chuckled softly.

TAG: LSA, any

13. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    IC:

"I can't say that I can recall for certain," the bartender said to Superman. "Perhaps I saw you on television?" He shrugged non-commitally, and looked around before he gestured toward the band and the present performer. "I take it you're not a fan of the young lady?" he asked. "Apparently she's pretty big on Earth, particularly in the United States."

Meanwhile, the confident Security Guard with more foolishness than brains, smiled politely to the young woman he so desired. He waved toward one of the waiters and ordered a second drink for Ori Kama. "A singapore sling for the lady, and a victorian bitter for me," he said, waving to the waiter dismissively.

"So, how would you like to visit the pool area. I bet you look great in a swimsuit." He winked and smiled suggestively as he tilted his head to indicate the corridor, which led to the outdoor amenities.

TAG: Dark-Enigma & Ktala

14. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

As Superman finished gulping down his rootbeer, he exhaled a refreshed sigh. "I must say," he said with an arrogant grin, "I am quite good with the ladies. I may just take your suggestion, barkeep." Within a second, Superman was in a red and blue swimsuit heading to the swimming pool area. He stopped and turned around, intentionally flexing his large muscles but making it seem natural. "I surmise there are ladies?"

Tag: LSA

15. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    IC:

An embarrassed blush found its way to the bartender's face. "Surely there must be some ladies," he said, though clearly he had no idea one way or another. He turned his back quickly and began fiddling with some empty glasses and bottles of assorted beverages.

Meanwhile...

Outdoor Pool Area, Ground Level, The Tragalbury

Scores of attractive guys and girls, some moon bathing and others swimming, were seen all about the pool area of the newly opened establishment. A few visitors were fully clothed and sipping their drinks beside the pool, and comfortable tables; other visitors were enjoying the beautiful array of fountains, which poured water into the pools, and shot a stream of that same fresh water into the sky.

Floatable boats and chairs, and balls littered the surface of one pool, while another was dedicated to serious party goers, who held onto their drinks and talked under a light sprinkling from an adjacent water foundation.

All in all, it seemed that this was the place to be. Laughs filled with air, and squeals of excited joy and youth, just as the welcoming sound of chatter.

Hope you enjoy! There's no rule against free-play.

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori Kama

Ori was looking around the bar, when she noticed the man who had been talking to the bartender, was now where swiming trunks..and little else. She did a small take, and then studied the form more closely, before turning back to the man who had been speaking to her.

Meanwhile, the Security Guard smiled politely to Ori. He waved toward one of the waiters and ordered a second drink for Ori Kama. "A singapore sling for the lady, and a victorian bitter for me," he said.

As Ori's eyes scanned the area, the man spoke up. "So, how would you like to visit the pool area. I bet you look great in a swimsuit." He winked and smiled suggestively as he tilted his head to indicate the corridor, which led to the outdoor amenities.

Ori leaned back in her seat. "Actually, I look fantastic in a swimsuit, and even better without one. But Im not in the mood to tread water just yet." she replied as she watched the other person dissapear towards the pool. She manged to keep her face straight, as an old joke, ran throught her thoughts....

'Cheeks of steel' she mused to herself.

TAG: Dark-Enigma & LSA

17. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006

Superman walked towards the pool area and when he got there, the air was quite moist due to the prodigious pool that was before him. There was a plethora of attractive women, just how ol' Supes liked it. Looking to impress them, he flew onto the high diving board, ignoring the ladder. Once he got up, he began to flex his muscles and winking at all the giggling ladies. He flew high up into the air doing a series of somersaults and twists, and came back down into the pool with hardly a splash.

As he climbed out of the pool, he winked at the giggling women, flexing his muscles. Catching their glances, he looked down. He realized why they were laughing.

Tag: Any

OoC: :p

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy, taking the glass, was thankful that he hadn't taken a sip yet. The man's commetns on the "singer" would have made him, unpoetic as it was, to spray champagne out of his nose.

He laughed, letting it trail into a smile.

"I know what you mean. Modern music is so terrible. Give me Zeppelin anyday." he said, before sipping the drink.

Tag: Keith, anyone else

19. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    IC Kieth Starr

"I know what you mean. Modern music is so terrible. Give me Zeppelin anyday."

Kieth grimmaced. He leaned back on the bar, using his two elbows and forearms to support himself.

"Hate to break it to you, but Zeppelin wasn't a real band. They were part of the British Agency, spies for the government. Plant, Page, and the uh...two other guys used the band as a cover. Touring accross the world was the perfect cover to get them to go take out their marks."

Kieth popped a shrimp into his mouth.

"The drummer fellow was gunned down by Soviet Assassains outside Moscow. We made it look like he died while intoxicated. Worked for Hendrix too."

Kieth took a sip of champagne.

"If your wondering about Elvis, he wasn't a spy. He was just one fat slob."

TAG-Quincy

20. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Rayson Barbarossa

Rayson stumbled into the bar, the squealing of tires and screaming in the background could be heard. He shook his head, "Some woman sure do scare me..."

He looked up and saw the band on stage.. "Ah, that too.." turning he noticed people grouping, but instead of being rude, Rayson took a seat at the bar, and asked for a drink. Any drink to be exact. Though, as he was about to find out, the best form of solving a headache was not liquor.

21. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Just using my traditional name...

IC: Nemisis

Nemisis walked into the newly constructed bar, The Tragalbury, dressed in a long black cloak, which covered an all black shirt and pants. He was quite impressed by it: it had a lavish bar full of all the drinks that he had ever heard of and then some, a pool area with all the chicks he could ever want, and many more things that caught his eye: paintings, statues, etc. He loved the music being played by the most excellent band on the stage, as well. He knew he was going to like this place.

Walking to the bar, he took a seat by himself in a corner, and called the bartenders attention.

"Hey," he said. "I would like the best drink you have...your choice." After he spoke to the bartender, he looked off at the pool area, knowing that was where he would head to next.

TAG: LSA, others

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy

Quincy, in mid-sip, heard the man's conspiracy theory.

He was only able to raise his eyebrows, better to let the man think what he wanted. Before the man could notice his sarcastic look, Quincy swallowed and nodded.

"An interesting theory. But I agree with you completely, the Presley man had no talent." he said conversationally.

More people seemed to be arriving, one of them looking quite frustrated.

Tag: Star, others

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Iaius Jello

An immaculately dressed man arrived, erected a portable Throne from his pocket, and sat upon it--as he tended to do.

TAG: :p

24. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    IC Kieth Starr

"Oh this is no conspiracy, my friend. I have been with the agency for several years. We monitor the entire world. We know everything. I could even tell you which celebertys play for the different team, if you know what I mean."

Kieth chuckled, then took a sip of his drink. He didn't know why he was revealing so much information. He assumed the alocohol was involved in someway.

TAG-Quincy

IC Disgruntled Man With Rifles For Arms

His mother always told him he was a normal boy. She said his 'Handicap' was indeed a blessing, he was special and should never let anyone get him down for it. Well over the years he had been discriminated against. He lost his job as a Proctologists for several unfortunate acidents, which he couldn't help.

But since then he had led as normal a life as he could lead. His job at Sticktech gave him a comfy Handicap spot and a nice salary.

But after a long day of work, he wanted to Boogie Down at The Tragalbury. Upon arival, he was stopped at the door and not allowed in. Because he had rifles for arms. There was a strick no-weapon policy. This was segregation at its worst. Himself and the two other people on earth with the same disability would not be treated as second class citizens.

After a long argument, the man--now disgruntled left the lobby. He stood outside the building and peered into the window and looked at the party. A tear dripped from his eye as he came to the grim realazation that he was a freak. A sad look came upon his face while looking through the window. He wished he could be normal, he wished he didn't have rifles for arms.

TAG-Whatever

25. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    OOC: Oh why not...it's a boring Sunday morning anyway :p

IC: Tabby O'Malley

The girl with bright red pigtails was forcibly ejected from the bus, hurling goodnatured abuse at the poor driver. This wasn't even her stop! He had no right to chuck her off, it's a public service innit? Observers were amused to see such a diminuative girl in what looked like a hellish school uniform and combat boots yelling out cursewords, but they soon bore the brunt of her glare and passed on.

The bus pulled away to reveal the opening night of a new establishment. Tabby grinned. 'Looks like a bit of fun'

Avoiding the weeping man with rifles for arms like he was a fresh pile of cat scat, Tabby made her way into the Tragalbury. The security officer stopped her just before she entered, a look of disdain on his face. She figured her duds weren't exactly appropriate for a 'hoigh clauws' establishment such as this, but she flashed the man a winning smile, handed over her pocketknife. "I promise not to start any revolutions while I'm inside, mate." she joked.

Entering the place with a lot less noise than she had exited her transport, Tabby went straight to the bar and caught the barmans attention with a sharp whistle.

"Hiya! Can I get pint of cider please?" she asked, coyly.

Tag :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.