main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Tragalbury - Official Character Social Thread and Member Community Centre

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori Kama

Ori gracefully stood from where she had been sitting and slinked over towards where the music was being played. She was going to 'strongly suggest' they play something decent, when the young security Officer from before stepped up.

"There's a dining area in the next room," the Security Officer said to Ori, as he swooped in on her. "Perhaps you'd like to join me for an evening meal and some fine wine?"

Ori smiled. That was much better. Perhaps it took a bit of competition to bring out the more intersting aspects of the man. He might have been a bit crude in the beginning, but at least he wasnt using droll humor. And he wasnt afraid of the other. There was hope after all.

She slipped her arm around his.

"Why, that sounds just lovely." she purred softly, as they began to walk towards the dining area. She moved with a feline grace as she walked. "Perhaps by the time we return, they will have some proper music for me to move to." she said with a wink, as they walked.

TAG: LSA and dontlookatmethatway

2. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    Mordred Tara sauntered casually up toward the Tragalbury. He made as if to enter, but...
    Ah. A guard. This might spell trouble. Mordred sighed.
    "You there!" cried the guard gruffly. "Give me your weapons before you go in!"
    "Say what?" replied Mordred blankly. "Leave my weapons behind, going into a bar? Yeah, right. Now, out of the way, chuckles, I'm going in."
    "No you're not, wise-guy," snapped the guard. "Not until you leave your weapons behind." He leered impressively.
    Mordred rolled his eyes skyward, but nevertheless pulled two razor-edged throwing knives from his hips...and his thighs...and his shoulders...and so on. By the time he was done, in fact, there was a rather formidable pile of daggers lying at the guard's feet.
    Mordred gave him a cheesy grin. "Am I clear now, O Moronic One?"
    The guard grunted. "We'll see." He gestured for the doorway.
    Mordred stepped up...and right through. No alarm sounded. He grinned in triumph, and flashed a rude finger sign to the mortified guard. As he walked toward the bar, Mordred made a quick switch to his usual form, a tall, dark-haired young man, very good-looking, dressed all in black, with violet eyes. He grinned, and was about to approach the bar, when he noticed an unguarded drink. How appealing. The purple eyes did a quick sideways flick in each direction. No one watching. Excellent.
    Mordred reached out for the drink, but let out a yelp as his hand encountered warm flesh. He leapt backwards, reaching for the non-existant knives which usually resided at his waist.
    Glancing down, the shapeshifter noticed a pair of very odd-looking boxer shorts occupying the seat behind the glass he had been so innocently trying to acquire.
    "Aha...er...greetings," said Mordred, glancing around at what he vaguely estimated was head-height.

TAG: Praetor_Saber

3. Praetor_Saber

Praetor_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    IC: Invisible Man

Finishing the last of his whisky, Harry ordered another scotch and took a sip of it when Montoa announced he was going swimming again. Harry was thinking about joining him when Maggie suddenly seized his hand and suggested dancing. Well that wasn't a bad idea, although he hadn't danced at all since college.

"Yeah, that sounds fine," he said, but added, "although first I think I'd better put on my suit." He was just ready to leave when he felt a hand on his back, then a yelp. He turned around to find a dark-haired man with purple eyes. Hmm...very interesting. Maybe contact lenses? he wondered.

"Aha...er...greetings," said the man.

"Same here," said Harry, his words a little slurred from the whisky. He then realized that the man had probably been trying to get his drink.

"Heh, you want my scotch? It's all yours, the drinks are free here tonight. Harry Frazer by the way. I seem to have an appointment on the dance floor with Maggie here, so if you'll excuse me for a moment..."

Harry whisked over to his suit, put it on, and was back in seconds. To the purple-eyed man, he suggested, "You might ask the red-haired girl--Tabby--to dance as well, although she seemed a little hesitant to do so earlier when another guy asked her...mentioned something about not liking the music. But anyway--" he turned back to Maggie "--I think this attire is better."

TAG: Ptolemy7, Lucki, PulsarSkate

4. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    "...you might ask the red-haired girl, Tabby, to dance," said the floating suit.
    Mordred gave a wolfish grin. "A redhead, eh? I've always been partial..." Without the slightest change of expression, he turned his hair a bright, flaming red. "As for the scotch, don't mind if I do..." He drained the glass in a single go. The purple eyes turned bright crimson for a moment, before settling back to their original shade.
    Setting down the now-empty cup, Mordred stepped around the table, considering vaguely whether he should dance, as suggested, or claim a drink.

TAG: Anyone

5. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie gripped the invisible man's hand, she liked to think of him like that, it gave a more mystery air. She stumbled to the dance floor and didn't realize she couldn't dance until they were standing in the middle of the dance floor. She giigled and clamped a hand over her mouth, shrugging she started to gyrate her hips.

TAG: TABBY, INVISIBLE MAN

6. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    IC: Byne Charlotte Merciloft

She was a woman, and nothing more than that. 28-years-old with a rather flaky frame, with dark violet hair draping at shoulder-lenght over her zipped maroon coat, accompanied by long baggy jeans, thick black glasses and sandals which, as she often thought to herself with a smirk, didn't have those stupid heels by those million-dollar wardrobe yet five-cent brained hags. Ok, so maybe not really a normal woman at all.

But as she strode across the luxurious halls of the Tragalbury and crossing from one otherwordly being to another, she knew she was a little out of place. They might have been mere hushed whispers and brief conversations, but what she heard amazed and even brought a degree of fright across her usually stern face. Clashes with lethal antagonist forces? Grand adventures with up to millions of lives on the line? She'd usually scoff at such claims; only these particular people had the scars in their bodies and the genuinity in their grizzled tones to prove it.

She? Well, admittedly, she did witness such clashes and adventures. But she wasn't really a member but a spectator viewing a large screen--and she wasn't so much worried whether the heroic knight would be able to vanquish the heartless overlord, but rather if the encounter would be dramatically compelling and not yet another overblown mess.

Her mind flashed back to last week's edition of The Watt Reporter, the first featuring a spiffy layout overhaul she wasn't terribly approving of: Sir Craig Lloyd Watson, Founder and Senior Editor; Blair Sixpence, Chief Supervisor... and amidst the other editors was her own name and profession in glorious size-13 Courier New font: Byne C. Merciloft, film critic.

Oh, how she loved and yet hated being one.

Right now, she was at the very least thankful that her presence here was that of an utter stranger. Unpleasant memories of "HOW DARE YOU GIVE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN TWO STARS?!" and "I can't believe she actually likes the Star Wars prequels" flashed before her--the latter of which reminding her of that recent unpleasant publicity feud with Rolling Stone's Peter Travers... and a unusual smile when she halted before one of the guards.

"Hi there, babe." he winked. "You taken?"

And as quick as a fox, her joy vanished and her scowling face returned.

"Sorry, bub." she snarled. "I'm single and unwilling to play our MTV-minded society's manipulative games."

The guard laughed. "Me too, hon--err, sorry," his face blushed a little. "What's your name?"

"Just call me Byne."

"Byne? Hmmm, really odd name, is it male or female? Because it's become a trend for people to have names of the opposite gender."

The woman groaned. "Not as odd as whatever apostrophe-laced fantasy weirdo you were likely talking to just minutes earlier."

"Oh, right! T'elon'brig'gard Le D'arc!" he perked. "From the Renux system, apparently. Really nice chap, and very wise..."

Oh, wonderful. Byne slapped her forehead and muttered darkly.

Thankfully, the guard would stop and straighten himself. "Uhhh, sorry. Can I help you with anything?"

"Actually, yeah." she said. "Where's the underground gaming room? The guide I have isn't very clear."

The guard gave Byne the necessary directions answering such. Afterwards, the woman gave a thankful grunt and hurried off from eyeshot.

Tag: Anybody

7. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Zeus

"Excuse me a moment...Mr. Bond."

The woman walked away. Apparently she didn?t find his joke funny. And as soon as she stepped away, the security guard approached her again. Zeus had been keeping his eye on the security guard. He seemed to be a bit hotheaded when the god first intervened, but an older, more experienced man stepped in. Zeus frowned slightly. The ancient fossil could prove a valuable ally to the youth. A lesser deity would have given up at this point. But not Zeus. What others would see as a liability, he saw as an asset. The guard would be the perfect target to play off of and impress Miss Kama. He strode over and said to the man romancing Ori ?Thanks for checking my weapons. I really appreciate it. Now I?ll stop interfering. I?m sure you have duties that you need to take care of back at your post.? He accompanied the remark with a gesture in the direction of the entrance security checkpoint.

Tag: LSA and Ktala, others

OOC: The length of my name has been brought up by others and they have come up with several suggestions: dontlook, DLAMTW, Mr. Way. But my favorite one of all time is: imlookingatyouthatway

8. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

Thinking back on the events of the night while he danced, it was hard for Harry to recall a comparable past experience. There had been Kelly Clarkson then Rob Thomas, who were good entertainment, even if he hadn't bothered to listen to much of their music before anyway--it was his younger sister who liked that sort of stuff. Some interesting characters had shown up as well. There was the Melbourne man Montoa, the redhead Tabby who was hesitant to dance, and the drunk pirate. There was also Maggie who seemed rather formal at first but loosened up once she had a few drinks, and finally the would-be whisky thief who had quite a talent for changing his hair and eye color. But, all things considered, he was enjoying hemself alot more than if he had merely spent another evening throwing watermelons and tomatoes off skyscrapers.

His mind was wandering before he jerked it back to reality, and remembered that he should be trying not make a fool of himself on the dance floor.

TAG: Lucki, Ptolemy7, anyone

9. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Mordred Tara

Mordred considered. Perhaps the invisible personage (now that was a trick he'd like to pull off) was correct. A little dancing would do him good. But first, a drink. He stepped up to the bar.
    "Bartender!" he said loudly. "I'll have...whatever the last guy had."
    The barman turned. "The last guy with purple eyes, or the last guy, period?"
    Mordred flashed his eyes ten different colors in quick succession, before returning to violet. "The last guy who had any one of those colors."
    The barman shrugged, and handed him something the color of caramel. Mordred took a tentative sip. Good. Whiskey. He was about to turn away to the dance floor when another idea occured to him. "Er...and a wine," he said to the barman.
    Wine in hand, Mordred walked over to the where the red-haired woman was standing off to the side.
    "A dance?" he asked with a courtly bow, holding out the wine (his manners had been learned long ago in the faerie courts of Sal'Kajin).

TAG: Tabby, anyone.

10. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Maggie Brenners

Maggie continued to dance, which basically consisted of her moving her hips in jerky motions and holding her hair back from her face. She was unconcious of how sexy it made her look, her cheeks flushed and her eyes sparkling, it wasn't a seduction dance but one that seduced anyway just from the innocence of it. She laughed a bit at her self and turned to call to Harry "Come on Harry, I can't very well dance all by myself all night" despite her druknen state she still had a regal air to her voice.

TAG: Harry, Tabby

11. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    IC: Byne C. Merciloft

"Hello?"

For an "underground gaming room", Byne found it to be simply marvelous: as wide, spacious and elegant as the foyer of any billionare mansion in the world. The pompous dressings and Victorian air, however, were replaced by every generation's worth of gaming systems and arcade machines plugged against the walls, in which neatly placed rows of state-of-the-art TV screens awaited. The smooth rug which covered every single inch of the room had artist representations of everybody from Pac-Man to Super Mario to--Byne scowled--Lara Croft, while a Kraftwerk remix of the Metroid main theme blared from the speakers. And there weren't just games; there were all sorts of gaming memorabilia. Action figures, comics, magazines, even VHS tapes of old cartoons based on videogames, all of these both new and rare!

When the woman's voice finished echoing across the air-conditioned place without anybody responding, she was baffled. Such a fantastic place, and one of the more hyped places in the Tragalbury--

And it was empty?

"You're telling me people would rather see Kelly Clarkson than come here...?" she told herself, at first blankly... and then a very smug smile forming across her face. Instantly afterwards, she knelt down towards a nearby SEGA Dreamcast, and her smile arched into a very big grin.

Their loss.

Tag: Anybody

12. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

"Come on Harry, I can't very well dance all by myself all night"

Uh oh; had he not been paying attention again? So he tried to play along and be more conscious of what she was doing--aparently some sort of...well, he wasn't sure exactly what kind of dance it was. He started to laugh, then caught himself, thinking what a spectacle it must be for everyone else to watch an 'empty' suit dancing with a woman who was doing something in the style of a pop star.

TAG: Lucki, Anyone

13. IronSight

IronSight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2006
    IC: Darkreaver

Outside the Tragalbury, and closing in fast

The sound that shook the still air was the sound of a cavalry of darkness, as if the dreaded Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were on the move to bring their chaos to some decrepit, blighted landscape and sentence it to damnation. Instead of four people, though, the sound belonged to only one, and a dangerous one at that. The skeletal steed fast approached, its black-winged rider sparing not even the slightest ounce of care for anything that he passed as he made his way through the landscape that stretched around the bar.

Upon coming to a stop, the Dark Angel carefully dismounted his horse, tying the undead creature to one of the few nearby stand-posts outside the structure of the building. Someone had advised he head here for some rest and de-stressing...well, if there was any trouble, then someone would need a good health insurance provider soon. With an air of calm, Darkreaver slowly made his way over to the door of the facility, scowling for just a brief second as he looked towards the security desk. Yep, he thought drily, that someone is in deep trouble. A cold voice leaked forth from him, as if it were tainted with the hatred of generations of conflict...which it rightfully was. "I trust," he said as he prepared to hand his sword and shield over, "that there is nothing that will cause these items any harm, gentlemen." His two-millenium-old red eyes glared at the security guards. "If there is, your lives will be forfeit upon my leave of this place." His hate-filled stare passed very briefly over the form of another person that the guards were dealing with, but the Dark Angel said absolutely nothing to him. It wasn't necessary, really; they had business with the guards, but not each other.

TAG: LS_A, Ghostly_Host

14. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Maggie Brenners

Maggie did a little twirl and ended up on her ass. Struggling to remain regal she looked back at Harry, "'k' I think it is time to have another drink, my butt hurts now. " So she began to waddle back to the bar. Where was that Tabby girl? Maggie dearly had to use the restroom but was afraid she would end up swimming in the toilet bowl if she went bu herself. She bit her lip and looked around. hmmmm for her first time getting drunk things were turning out intersesting.

TAG: Harry, Tabby, Anyone

15. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Mordred was waiting on a reply from Tabby when there was a rather unhappy chain of events that prevented the continuance of this particular social event. As Mordred recalled later, it really wasn't his fault.

A guard, walking past, stiffened suddenly. He looked at Mordred, and looked harder. Suddenly his face hardened from stunned disbelief into cold certitude...and, regrettably, hatred.
    "You!" he roared. "Tara! The one who ruined my life! Twenty years I have waited for this moment!"
    Mordred was not exactly disposed to hang around after this. With a bang of misplaced air, he transformed into a mighty and deadly creature...a jack-rabbit. With a flash of its white tail, the rabbit bounded off in the general direction of the pool, pursued by the angry guard, who was waving a mop, and shouting, "Oh no you don't, Tara!"

TAG: Everyone!

Ooc: Sorry, but I was just getting tired of waiting for something to happen in this cozy little bar. Time to liven things up, no?

16. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Ghostly_Host, IronSight

Tragalbury Entrance

Glancing upon the stately looking man that strode up to the Tragalbury, and offering a polite smile, the Security Officer wondered where this particular visitor came from. Considering all of the other strange patrons, however, it hardly seemed unusual when the newcomer pulled out a scythe, as if from thin air.

"I trust you accept such humble ... impliments?" said the visitor, in reference to the obvious weapons check.

"Yes, yes we do," the Security Officer responded dumbly. He collected the weapon and locked it away for safe keeping with the others of its kind, nestling it in between a spiked mace, and a flaming broomstick. When he returned, which was only a short while after, he allowed for the newcomer's admission. "Do behave yourself," the Officer said, just for good measure.

He turned to the next visitor, who offered him a sword and shield.

"I trust that there is nothing that will cause these items any harm, gentlemen," the visitor said, staring at the Officer with glaring, red eyes. "If there is, your lives will be forfeit upon my leave of this place."

"We'll take good care of them, sir. Welcome to the Tragalbury," responded the Security Officer, unaffected. He watched as the two entered, one after the other, and then observed the next patron, who came to him in need of a place to store his World War III battle tank. It was going to be a very long night.

IC: Bold Security Officer

"There's a dining area in the next room," the Security Officer said to Ori, as he swooped in on her. "Perhaps you'd like to join me for an evening meal and some fine wine?"

Ori smiled and she slipped her arm around his. "Why, that sounds just lovely," she purred softly, as they began to walk towards the dining area. She moved with a feline grace as she walked. "Perhaps by the time we return, they will have some proper music for me to move to," she added with a wink, as they walked.

Yet it seemed that they were not free of Zeus so easily, for the god strode over and said, to the man romancing Ori, "Thanks for checking my weapons. I really appreciate it. Now I'll stop interfering. I'm sure you have duties that you need to take care of back at your post." He accompanied the remark with a gesture in the direction of the entrance security checkpoint.

"I'm actually off-duty," responded the Security Officer with a polite smile. His expression was anything but sincere. "Now, be true to your word and stop interfering."

TAG: Ktala and dontlookatmethatway

17. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    OOC: So sorry guys, my brain just couldn't keep up with anything bigger than a "Sure" post :p

IC: Tabby O'Malley

She had done it again. Comepletly zoned out and left her body. She was outside the Tragalbury again, watching, as invisible as a ghost (or a man wearing Spongebob boxers) as new patrons entered. An Angel of Darkness dismounted right through her and began to speak to the gaurds. Tabby watched him dispassionately and tried to figure out where she had seen him before. By the time she'd followed the silver ribbon of ethereal light back to her body, the man with the rapidly changing cute exterior had turned into a rabbit and disappeared.

"Curiouser and curiouser!" Tabby couldn't help exclaiming as she reclaimed her corporeal self and stared wide-eyed at the disappearing flash of tail. "And I thought he was kind cute. Dammit, why do I always have to bug out like that when boys are around!"

She shook her head, downed the glass of wine that had mysteriously appeared in her hands and sought out Maggie, who seemed to be in a state of panic.

Tabby moved over and grabbed the Dutchess, smiling apologetically at where she assumed Harry's face was.

"Sorry, girls business!" she said, before dragging Maggie off in the direction of the ladies room, all the while wondering where the jack-rabbit had gone.

Tag: Gosh, EVERYONE! I think :p

18. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

The jack-rabbit bounded past tables, around dancing legs, and over shoes. It wove back and forth furiously, determined to reach the door. A steak knife thudded into the wall ahead, as the mad guard made a desperate, football-style dive for the rabbit.
    At this point, every onlooker was treated to the spectacle of a rabbit back-pedalling, skidding to a halt, and dashing in the opposite direction. With a growl of frustration, its pursuer overturned a table at it. Mordred flinched as a large goblet narrowly missed his right ear, and dived out the door to the pool area.
    There were screams and shouts of surprise as the rabbit bounded across the floor. Mordred ducked behind a trash can, and a moment later, a lithe otter appeared, diving into the pool with not so much as a splash.
    A moment later, the angry guard skidded to a halt at the side of the pool, froze in the attitude of being about to make a swan-dive, leapt, and performed a spectacular belly flop. At the other side of the pool, a highly attractive young woman in a bikini heaved herself out of the water, glanced left and right, and ran for it, knocking trays and drinks aside in her abject haste to escape. Ducking behind a man in a suit, she reappeared as his exact double with a bang.
    The guard, gasping and dripping, hauled himself from the pool, sighted the two men in the suit, and dashed for them.
    "Who are you?" cried one in bewilderment. The other, noticing the guard bearing down, tried to make a dash for it, but was pinned by the guard. The two of them, kicking and punching, rolled over and over, to fall back into the pool with a resounding splash.
    Mordred, still on dry land, beat a hasty retreat into the bar, where he went through a quick succession of guises, finally returning to his preferred manifestation, plus a heavy black hooded cloak. He hurried over to the corner.
    Mordred, rather tired from all the quick changes (especially the female one, being a male himself), helped himself to a highly caffeinated beverage with gusto. Off in the pool area, there were shouts and cries of pain. In fact, a general riot was quivering on the brink of breaking out. The guard was apparently simultaneously trying to drown the man in the suit and someone's pet poodle. Mordred calmly sipped his drink. Now where was that Tabby girl again? Come to think of it, where was anyone? This was all screwed up. He needed to be earnestly in conversation before some angry site manager turned up for the source of the trouble. He glanced quickly around.

TAG: Praetor_Saber, PulsarSkate, anyone.

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ori Kama

"There's a dining area in the next room," the Security Officer said to Ori, as he swooped in on her. "Perhaps you'd like to join me for an evening meal and some fine wine?" Ori had smiled and she slipped her arm around his. "Why, that sounds just lovely," she purred softly, as they began to walk towards the dining area. She moved with a feline grace as she walked. "Perhaps by the time we return, they will have some proper music for me to move to," she added with a wink, as they walked.

Ori's sharp eyes noticed movement towards them. It seemed that 'Mr. Bond' was on his way back. The man strode over and said, to the security man, "Thanks for checking my weapons. I really appreciate it. Now I'll stop interfering. I'm sure you have duties that you need to take care of back at your post." He accompanied the remark with a gesture in the direction of the entrance security checkpoint.

Ori hid a smile, as she pulled her arm away, watching the interaction between the two. The guard answered, "I'm actually off-duty," responded the Security Officer with a polite smile. His expression was anything but sincere. "Now, be true to your word and stop interfering." Oh my. The man was willing to stand up to the other man, she would give him that much. It was an admirable quality. She looked to them both.

She stood, most curious as to where this would lead, as stood poised. The night was young, and it already was very promising. She smiled at them both. "I dont mean to intrude on such a lovely display, but I would really like to reach the dining area." she said coily. "Perhaps you gentlemen could reach an agreement once we're inside." she said, as she all but slinked her way towards the dining area.

TAG: LightSide_Apprentice and dontlookatmethatway

20. Lucki

Jan 30, 2006
    Duchess Maggie Brenners

Maggie giggled as Tabby grabbed her arm. Ooohhh girls business eh? Than she frowned what exactly was "girls business?" she shrugged not caring about....well basically anything. It was such a fun night and she was actually making friends. She slung an arm around Tabby "So what's goin on girly?"

21. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy, and have barely had time to GM my own game. [face_tired]

Harry walked outside to the pool and sat down in a deck chair, very glad to relax. He didn't realize he had dozed off until he was awakened by a wave of water cascading over him. Uttering a few curses in French (it sounded more acceptable in social situations), he sat up and saw a security guard who had dived into the pool, in hot pursuit of...the shapeshifter.

He went back into the bar and found the culprit sitting under a hooded cloak; Maggie and Tabby were nowhere to be seen. "Thanks for washing my suit, man," he said to Mordred with a sarcastic grin. "I just got it dry cleaned yesterday, though, so there was really no need... So tell me--how come you can turn into anyone you want?" Pausing for a moment to order a Bacardi&Coke, he added, "And--just out of curiosity--is it within your ability to turn into something as large as an elephant?" He looked on, curious to find out whether he was about to find himself sitting next to Dumbo.

TAG: Ptolemy7, Lucki, PulsarSkate, anyone

22. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

"And--just out of curiosity--is it within your ability to turn into something as large as an elephant?" said Harry, the invisible man.
    Mordred grinned blithely. "Hey, that wasn't in any way my fault. Just one of my old exploits catching up with me again." Despite the shapeshifter's happy-go-lucky air, his smile faded, and he stared, with a rather melancholy air, into his almost-empty glass. "As for the elephant thing...if I could do that, don't you think I would have nabbed that guy as an alligator or something? I can only transform into something about my size or smaller." He turned back to Harry, his grin reappearing. "At least, that's the extent of my powers...normally. It wasn't always like that. But, of course, there are certain...shall we say...issues...when you've got a skill like mine. Others get jealous. Like, say, really jealous. And if that person happens to be the Queen of Faeries..."
    He shrugged, and finished off the last swig of his drink in one motion. "What about you? What's the deal with the invisibility?"

TAG: Praetor_Saber, PulsarSkate, Lucki, anyone hanging around.

23. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    IC: Tabby O'Malley

Ushering a drunken Maggie into the toilets, Tabby quickly ensconced them both in a cubicle.

"What the HELL is wrong with the bloody men around here? Are we the only normal ones? GOSH!" she cried, slumping against the wall. She looked over at Maggie. "Sorry to drag you away from Mr Invisible, but you looked like you had been twirling alittle too fast and were about to ruin your pretty clothes!" She giggled slightly. "Speaking of which, you keen on Harry or what?"

Tag: Maggie :p

24. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

"What about you? What's the deal with the invisibility?"

Harry shrugged. "Basically, I was the subject of a biomedical scientific research project, that ended up with my cells being infused with myriad little devices, called polymorphic radion photoplasmic stealth field projectors, that allow me to turn invisible at will. Boring, though, compared with the ability to change one's shape, appearance, species, race, and gender."

He took another drink, then continued, "So tell me, have there ever been any occasions on which you were...tempted to, oh, use your abilities for personal amusement or gain of some sort?" He laughed quietly, then said, "Like throwing fruit off skyscraper roofs--purely for the sheer fun of watching it splatter on cars?"

TAG: Ptolemy7, Lucki, PulsarSkate

25. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

"So tell me, have there ever been any occasions on which you were...tempted to, oh, use your abilities for personal amusement or gain of some sort? Like throwing fruit off skyscraper roofs--purely for the sheer fun of watching it splatter on cars?"
    Mordred raised an eyebrow. "Can't say that I have. When one can transform into a pidgeon at will...well, let's just say, there are very interesting pursuits. If you tick me off, you'd better buy a hat."
    This thought seemed to cheer Mordred up. He called for a highly alcoholic beverage with a grin, and downed it in one shot. As before, his eyes glowed briefly red, then the shapeshifter continued in a completely steady voice.
    "I imagine it's not all just fruit, though? Your skills are much like mine...there's a wide range of opportunities out there...just waiting, no?" Mordred gave his invisible companion a rather devilish smile.

TAG: Praetor_Saber, PulsarSkate, Lucki, anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.