1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Tragalbury - Official Character Social Thread and Member Community Centre

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? No, because a passing philosopher broke its fall.
  2. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    OOC: Who says we need a new social thread? We can just post in this one using OOC!
  3. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Precipitation is wet.
  4. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Guys...stop. LSA didn't intend for this thread to be used exclusively OOC. Please play within the rules. :)
  5. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Theodore Rossi

Theodore looks at the beautiful princess from Naboo and smiles.

"Sorry about that. Won't happen again...";)

TAG: Any
  6. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Kevin "Doc" Williams

A red Ferrari pulled up to the ornate entrance of the Tragalbury. The brakes squealed, and a valet dove out of the way of the still speeding car. "Keep it close," he said to the valet, who was still on the stairs. Kevin ignored him, and walked into the nightclub. He wandered over to the bar, and sat down heavily on the stool.

"Barkeep, mocha triple, extra suger, whipped cream, shaken, not stirred."

TAG: All
  7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    David Bowie

Clad in a blue suit that seemed to be made from spacedust, the man formerly known as Ziggy Stardust entered the bar.

"Hmm. Strange." he said, his rich voice flowing over the words. As he strode to the bar itself, normal folk elbowed each other, pointing out the heroic man.

He sat at the bar, next to a gaggle of strange folk.

"Hello, all. My name's David."

Tag: any at bar

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Bowie001.jpg]

8. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Kevin "Doc" Williams

"Hello, all. My name's David."

Kevin sized the weird looking man up. Blue suit, long hair...eyes a different color. Kevin shuddered slightly. The guy hand the air of someone who knew what he was doing...wouldn't hurt to watch to find out a bit about this place.

"What's up? Name's Kevin, but you can call me Doc. Everyone does."

TAG: David, all
  9. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    David Bowie

Bowie smiled.

"Good to meet you, Doc. Been here before?" said Bowie.

He'd been here once or twice, to track down the Duke, but nothing more. More often than not, he let his Diamond Dogs do the tracking. They were good at it.

"I can't say I'm familiar with this establishment, but I like changes."

Tag: Doc, others who get really bad Bowie references
  10. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Doc

"Good to meet you, Doc. Been here before? I can't say I'm familiar with this establishment, but I like changes."

"Likewise. And no, this is my first time here. Say a few full page ads in a few newspapers, thought I'd check this place out. Thought I'd come in, drink a few drinks, poke my nose around, look for any, uh...opportunities, if you know what I mean."

Doc raised his giant coffee mug to his mouth, and took advantage of the fact his eyes were hidden by the cream to covertly look around the room, mentally calculating the best place to sink his entrepreneuring into this place. A few hotels, a strip mall, a small amusement park...the possibilities were near endless. He lost himself thinking of ways to make some money while waiting for David's response/.

TAG: David, any at bar, all
  11. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    David Bowie

"So that's the sort of chap you are, then?"

He reached inside his coat, and withdrew a large sum of money, placing it neatly on the bar. The bills were kept together by an ornate clip, stylized like a star.

"Find me a piano, and this money is yours, good sir."

Tag: Doc
  12. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3

"Well, you work fast. I half thought someone would assume that I was looking for...action. Well, a piano, huh? Normally I'd think of that as a great opportunity and find a cheap little kids piano, but I plan on hanging around here a while. So, you have a preference? Grand, baby grand, space efficient? If you need something small, and don't care about looks...5 hours. If you need a nice showy one, and it can play, we're looking at a day to 3 days. Big and showy, but it doesn't play...well, about a day, I'd guess."

Kevin took another sip of his coffee. Based on the man's carrying of himself, he'd want something big, flashy, and sounded like an angelic chorus...it would be a long day.

TAG: David
  13. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    David Bowie

David thought for a moment. He hadn't considered that at all.

"Hadn't thought of that, love. Hm, well, if it's worked before, a grand piano, something in black, maybe...needs to be good."

He thought back to the battle he'd had recently with on e of his escaped personas. The piano must also be durable, he concluded.

"Nice heft to it, too. Like, when you're trying to capture an alter-ego, know what I mean?"

Tag: Doc
  14. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3

It took all of Kevin's years of maintaining a professional poker face to not show his shock.

"Alter wha-...never mind." Kevin took out his Palm Piot. "Let's see...durable black grand...hmm. Well, I don't have an update from my associates...this is about five hours old...laptop in my car didn't get a good enough connection...but I remember Danny - head of acquisitions, by the way - saying something about meeting with a new company in regards to a partnership..." Kevin continued mumbling to himself, making the occasional mark on the screen. After making a final note, he looked up at David again.

"Alright, I need to upload this to the company server, and I'll have an estimate as to when it'll be here. With luck, the truck can arrive by tomorrow morning, you can test it, and it could very well be ready for a midnight show."

TAG: David

OOC: It is night, right?
  15. Sanctimoniously Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Lieutenant returned the glass that had once contained his sixth round to the table. He was not drunk; a high tolerance for alcohol was one of the side effects of the enhanced CAMF neural implant that commanders enjoyed. He licked his lips and continued with the ancient habit of running his fingers through his light hair. Somewhere around the third pass, his gaze found the food menu. He blinked; the implant's visual enhancements took that as an order to bring the image into higher focus. It was a fairly expansive selection...everything from good-old-fashioned burgers and fries to stuff he'd never heard of in his life (and, to be perfectly honest, didn't want to know).

"Bar?" he said, knocking twice on the bar. "I'll have a triple order of cheeseburgers and fries. And another round."
  16. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Sorry NP. [face_blush]

IC: The Joker

The Joker strolled into the famed Tragalbury with a spring in his step, as always.

"Ohhhhh!" he gasped, clasping his hands together as he saw the one, the only, David Bowie. Time to make an impression!

"Oh, Mister Bowie, over here, Mister Bowie!" The Joker cried as he ran up to the esteemed musician. He extended his hand to the man.

Tag: David Bowie/>
  17. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    David Bowie

Bowie turned, and caught sight of a purple-clad man. with white features. He gestured at Doc before turning away, as if to say, Such is life, my good fellow. Fans - you can't escape them, and cannot live without them. Is that the saying? I'm not entirely sure, I've been out of it for a while now. Perhaps the Duke'll know - wait, no, he's embroiled in conflict with Ziggy on Mars...Well, you know what I mean. Don't forget the piano, friend. See you around.

Bowie gave his heartbreaking smile, and took the man's hand; half expecting a buzzer to be concealed in it. If there were, he felt nothing. Extra-firm grip, just to be sure.

"Always good to meet a fan." he said, voice laden with charm. "Seen any 'heroes' lately?"

Tag: Doc, the Joker
  18. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: The Joker

The Joker grinned his signature wide, sinister grin as the musician took his hand.

"Always good to meet a fan," David said, voice laden with charm.

At first, there was nothing, and then, the shock kicked in as the hidden buzzer in the Joker's hand activated.

"The pleasure's all mine!" The Joker cried as he began to laugh hysterically. "BAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Tag: David Bowie
  19. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3

"Well, I should really check out the rest of this place anyway. See you around." Doc handed David a card with an e-mail address and phone number on it, then walked off, and headed for his car. He stepped outside, and saw the valet jerk his finger toward a small lot labeled "For the Esteemed Customers Who Want Their Cars Parked Close." Convenient. Doc picked up the laptop from the stand mounted to the dashboard. He quickly opened his browser, and opened the company newsbar. He saw that Danny had indeed secured a partnership with the factory, and Doc quickly put in for a black, durable grand piano. He folded the laptop closed, and headed back in to the club.

He just reached the steps when the laptop chirped. He opened it, and saw a reply from Danny:

To: Doc.Field@Findeliver.org
    Copy: Mac.Truck@Findeliver.org, Mac.Truck@Alpianos

>>Start Message
    -Doc, they had a surplus on those pianos, one of the reasons they wanted to sign so fast. They have 'em boxed and on trucks, headed for major clubs, bars, and lounges. Mac, you're closest to Doc, so please divert to his location, and we'll get another truck on your route.
    -Danny
    >>End Message
    /press Enter to continue

Doc smiled. This was going to be very easy.
  20. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bowie

A shock - a cheap laugh from a cheap clown.

The Joker seemed to calm down after a moment, and David Bowie took this oppurtunity to react.

"A clever trick, sir. Have you ever seen this one?" he said, voice still cheerful.

Bowie slipped a packet of cigarettes from his sleeve, and a lighter from the other. He swiftly removed a cigarette, shoving it into the Joker's mouth. He lit it in seconds flat.

He was the Bowie - this was merely his first parlour trick.

Tag: The Joker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.