main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Tragedy of Senator Amidala (Pre-ANH, AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Tragedy of Senator Amidala
    Summary: Leia is fourteen years old when she learns of the tragedy of the young
    Senator of Naboo, Padme Amidala. Leia dreams of what life could have been like
    for the young Senator. But even dreams can go very wrong.
    Notes: Takes place six years before ANH. AU.
    Author: Sara Kenobi.

"Obi-Wan is coming to visit you while I'm on the visit to the Hapes Sector. Do you
    remember him, child?"

Leia Organa stood at the doorway of her father's private suite inside the Aldera
    Palace. She had lived in these rooms up until her thirteenth birthday, and her father
    decided a young Princess needed her own space. Her rooms were far on the other
    side of the Palace, where she lived with her parents when she had been a baby. Bail
    Organa had moved them to these rooms when Leia had been three, and her mother
    had started to become ill after losing her baby in childbirth.

People of Aldera had said the Queen had died from a broken heart. Leia often
    wondered why she hadn't been enough for the Queen, and that her heart had been
    broken so easily when she already had a child. Her father then told her that her
    thoughts were silly because her mother had lived her life because of her love for her
    daughter.

"I remember the General a little bit. It has been years since he last visited us. It was
    shortly after mother died."

Bail Organa knodded with a forced smile to his face. Leia knew that Kenobi was a
    good friend of her father's. But she couldn't help but see the worried look that would
    so often appear to his handsome face at mention of the Knight. It made Leia wonder
    what kind of man Kenobi truly was.

"He is a good and wise man, Leia. He was a Jedi Knight that served me in the Clone
    Wars before you were born. If not for him, many of us wouldn't be here now.
    Especially you, my daughter."

Leia frowned at this. "How does the General have anything to do with me, father? I
    know that you were friends before I was even born, but he never actually lived on
    Alderaan. There's no record of it anyway."

"He brought you to me when you were born. Sit with me, daughter. Times now call
    for this truth to be revealed."

Leia sat with her father on the sofa infront of the balcony doors. She put up her hand
    before he could speak farther.

"I know what you'll tell me, father. I was adopted when I was born. I know that you
    and mother weren't my birth parents. The medical droid that looked after me when I
    was sick with the Hun guar flu told me when I was seven. I think I had always
    known it though. It doesn't mean anything to me. I know who I am, and I'm Leia
    Organa."

"I'm sad that you had been told that way, daughter. I'm also sad you felt not the need
    to tell me. That was such a burden for one so young to hear. I never mentioned until
    now, because I honestly never wanted to say anything. But times are different. You
    need to know everything that I know about your past. Let me tell you a story about
    the young Senator from Naboo. The tragedy of Padme Amidala was great for one
    so very young. She had only loved, and she had paid dearly for that love..."

2. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Interesting

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be looking forward to updates on this one. I've always felt that SOMEONE would have had to let some tidbits of information get to Luke and Leia! o_O

A great start!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohh, sad way to find out and yet Leia didn't mention her knowledge for 7 years. Must say something of Bail.

Very nice start Sara!

5. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    This looks very interesting, great start :)

6. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I agree, great start. Will you PM updates? :D

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll try to remember too. ;)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. :)

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intreguing start.

I'm looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Very nice work Master Sara.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, everybody. I'm nearly finished the next part, so expect it soon. :)

11. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Well done, I am looking forward to your next update.

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Part 2

Leia listened to Bail tell the tale of the young Senator he had once known. Her father
    told the story with a heavy heart, making Leia feel there was much more her father
    wasn't telling her. It gave Leia an uneasy feeling to know Bail would do this. Her
    father was a man who lied to no one.

"Padme was just twenty-four when she met the young man again. They fell in love
    quickly. War had cause to bring many together when they should not be. And
    Padme, even though she loved him, she have not been with her young love. Their
    union was the downfall of the old ways. It was the cause for so much change in the
    galaxy. And it was the complete ruin of the Jedi."

Leia shook her head. How could just a simple love affair be the cause of such wrong
    to the galaxy? Leia felt the truth in her father's words. She could almost feel the love
    Padme had felt for her young man in her own heart. And it broke Leia's heart to
    know the young woman had faced such pain because of her love.

"I don't understand, father. Why are you telling me this? I've never been to Naboo
    with you in my whole life. And why was General Kenobi with me when I was born?"

Bail smiled forcefully when he couldn't find his voice for a moment. Leia was forever
    the curious one. She had such drive to know everything about anything. This path he
    was leading her down now was a deadly and dangerous one. He had long ago
    promised Obi-Wan Kenobi that he'd never tell Leia about her real parents. It was
    much too dangerous for Leia to grow up in the eye of the Republic, and have that
    knowledge inside of her mind. Any mist of memory to surface about Padme inside
    Leia's mind, and Vader would know his wife had birthed Jedi twins before her death
    instantly if he were to ever meet his daughter.

Vader was to have known his wife had been expecting a son. But he had known
    nothing of a second child.

But Bail knew what Kenobi planned to use this trip for in his absence from Alderaan.
    He planned to begin teaching Leia the ways of the Jedi Knights. He would explain it
    was her heritage from her father, and perhaps say too much more about the man
    who was once Anakin Skywalker.

It was a name that was never mentioned in the House of Organa. It would give too
    much away to what Leia really was. That she was a Jedi child born to the magical
    myth of the Chosen One, and had his complete ability inside her. She bore the secret
    ability to do many great things like Anakin had done. And she also had the ability for
    great evil like him.

Those were skills that Bail longed attempted to mask and control the best a normal
    parent could. Especially a single parent. It hadn't been easy to raise a Jedi child as
    his heir. It still wasn't.

Especially when the old teacher of the child's real father wanted to tell her about the
    Jedi Knights and her past connection to them. Kenobi wanted to tell Leia long ago.
    To guide her skills as she grew up. But fear kept Bail from ever allowing his old
    friend too close to his daughter.

But now his daughter was about to start her first full term as a Senator of Alderaan in
    the Imperial Senate. He wouldn't be with her all the time. In that, there was a chance
    that Leia would encounter Vader, or his Emperor.

He would not always be there to ensure she was carefully guided away from rooms
    of where she would be seen by them too closely.

He could hide his daughter no longer.

"Kenobi was there when your mother gave birth to you. He helped her in the
    delivery room. He then gave you to me, and you became my daughter."

"What else are you not saying? There's such a sadness in your eyes. Why did my
    mother give me up?"

13. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    So sad.

Nice post.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm glad you liked it, Eric. :)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Part 3

What a question that was!

But there was only one answer!

"And why are you telling me of this Padme? She was my mother, wasn't she?"

"Yes," Bail forced himself to admit that heavy truth that had been hanging in the air between them, since he first brought Leia to Alderaan, all those years ago. "But she didn't give you up. Your mother passed away shortly after your birth. Leia, she loved you more than life. I know this of her. She would have welcomed any child."

"But I remember her. I remember her touching my face, and saying my name. It's my only memory of her. I'm not even sure it was real. But it has to be... it's so real. And she was so beautiful."

"Hold onto that memory, Leia. But hold it down deep. No one can ever know what I'm telling you. Your mother must stay just that... barely a memory."

"But why? Was she so dangerous?"

"It was her love that was dangerous. The man she married... It was because of him that she died. It was because of him that you were brought to me. I gained a beautiful daughter that day... but... I also lost one of my greatest friends. Padme was a good and kind woman. She saw the best in everyone. Don't think of her poorly for that, Leia. She had no idea that your father would have done the things he had done if she loved him."

Leia was in tears at this tale of her mother. And she hated the man who she could have called father. Leia thanked the fates that changed that, and had brought her to this good and gentle man instead.

"I want to know nothing more," declared the Princess bitterly. "I cannot think of such things. I cannot believe them to be true. I won't!"

"He'll tell you in my absence if I don't, child."

"I'm not the daughter of a murderer. I'm yours. You hear me, father?" pleaded Leia brokenly. "I'm Leia Organa. Only, and always."

"If you wish it, my child. It will be so."

Bail then took his daughter into his embrace and held her close. Now even Obi-Wan Kenobi will not be able to give Leia the legacy of a murderer of children. A murderer of his friends. And the one who ripped away Leia's mother from this galaxy with a mere lift of his hand.

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The next few posts will introduce Obi-Wan. More soon! :)

17. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Good start! Looking foward to more soon! :)

18. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    I see approaching conflict between Obi-Wan and Bail.

Nice post.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, this is a lovely fic Sara!

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, everyone. :)

21. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    This is very good. I can't wait for Obi-Wan.

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you. :)

23. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    really good so far--I look forward to more.

24. Discorpor8

Discorpor8 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Very interestingly wrote; I've always wondered what would happen if Leia learned the truth about her real parents. Can't wait for more!

25. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Oh dear god!...beautiful!...i can't say anything else now!...to emotional!
    Pm?

Cheers_Cazza@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.