Amph The Trailer Park: The Three Stooges (2012)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Sep 20, 2006.

1. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

Interesting note on Mr. Moore. Take note of the year and the address involved with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

On 11 October 2007, three days before he turned 80, Moore was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work on television and in film. Attending the ceremony were family, friends, and Richard Kiel, with whom he had acted in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Moore's Star was the 2,350th star installed, and is appropriately located at 7007 Hollywood Boulevard.
  2. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    This.
  3. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    Any more comments before we move on?
  4. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    Any more comments before we move on?
  5. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'm still calling this movie "Wolf-Puncher". :D
  7. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Fail. I've only seen the trailer and I hate this movie already. Is Liam Neeson in some kind of competition to be in as many of the worst movies of 2012 as possible? Will any other actor be able to surpass the trifecta of The Grey, Wrath of the Titans and Battleship?
  8. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Ever since his wife died it seems like he is trying to stay super busy.
  9. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    looks like another taken-esque laugh-riot.
  10. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Except that Taken was awesome.

I found the trailer's heavy focus on Internet advertising (twitter, AICN, etc) to be kinda interesting. The movie itself looks fairly stock, but Liam Neeson has been playing mentor/Superior Human Being types since Schindler's List came out. Don't mind him in the least being a sort of Elder Statesman Of Action Heroes; he's certainly got the size to pull it off.

I'd wager Soontir is right, too-he's probably trying to not think too much about his wife dying.
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    In it's favor is that this was directed by Joe Carnahan (NARC, Smokin' Aces, The A-Team), which pretty much guarantees it'll be quite good-to-awesome.

Which reminds me, one of these days I need to get around to seeing Blood, Guts, Bullets and Octane.
  12. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    don't get me wrong, i love taken.
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    The teaser was kind of confusing to me. I was trying to figure out if his wife had died in a plane crash and so then he went to the wilderness except then it was like he was in the plane crash, but if he was in a plane crash how is he writing a letter from a hotel room . . . oh, forget it.

The second one explained enough. I mean, it looks kind of hokey, but I could see it working.
  14. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    So, the character's wife dies and then he goes on a humanity-crushing journey back to civilization...sounds like Ras' Ah Ghul Begins to me :p
  15. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

So Neeson's wife dies and here he is playing a character whose wife has died. I would not think that would help him get over it. Maybe it's cathartic for him, but that sounds painful to me.
  16. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    So, she has actually died? Because that second trailer almost seemed to imply that he's keeping her in mind as a goal that he's trying to get back to.
  17. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I just love the fact that "Late-winter Liam Neeson action film" has become its own mini-genre now.
  18. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Force Ghost

star 5
    Making a film out in the snow isn't exactly a great way to go about it, though.
  19. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't know, any movie that features Liam Neeson fist fighting wolves with broken bottle knuckles just about garuntees that I'll see the matinee at some point.
  20. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

The kind of serious, intense drama such The Grey only showcases
    one aspect of Liam Neeson's talent. He is, in fact, trying to
    grow as an actor, and is making a very serious effort to do comedy,
    as evidenced below.

Liam Neeson moves toward comedy
  21. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's being released in January. You don't need to see the trailer.
  22. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Not true- as has been mentioned, we've seen a lot of hits released in January- and Liam in particulr has found success with this release period with Taken.
  23. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It indicates a certain lack of faith among the suits...
  24. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    at this point, i'd rather see him in a comedy than watch taken: now it's wolves.
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Often, yes, January is a dumping ground, but many of the films that have been successful in January were done with faith from the studios as to counterprogramming the usual junk.

I mean, it's hard to say that Cloverfield didn't have a huge amount of support from the studio, given how prominent it was advertised over the half-year before it's release.