main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Trailer Park: The Three Stooges (2012)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    "You mess with one of us, you mess with oaaaall* of us!"

*Noo Yoawk accent

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't care what you guys say- as corny as it was, that line was something audiences needed at the time :)

As for the new trailer- it's an improvement over the first trailer, for the most part. the portrayal of the wisecracking Parker is a big improvement over Tobey's version (the "are you a cop?" response is great.

I think the story presented is more interesting in this one too. However, I rather liked the exhilarating first person POV sequence from the teaser trailer (especially in 3D), and that's not something this trailer managed to convey.

There's only two parts I didn't like- the web slinging looked mundane compared to the Raimi films for some reason- as if they were shot on a TV budget. The other part is Leary's delivery of the "vigilante" speech, which kinda came across cliche'd (though I liked his other line deliveries in the trailer, so maybe they're just making him be a guy who sounds awkward in public declarations- but even if that's the case, it's an odd choice for a trailer line).

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I'll just post what I said at YJCC:

Hate the suit, love everything else about it. :p

4. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

I think considering the mood of the country, and what happened in New York,
    there's nothing wrong with the inclusion of the pro-New York sentiment in
    Raimi's movie.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume they might be introducing Connors & Richard Parker's relationship in Oscorp so that they can tie in a whole bunch of stuff in the later movies. Maybe have Norman Osbourne/ Green Goblin himself appear (not keen on that, Goblin was done to death in the other movies), or even do the Ultimate Venom origin which would probably work better than some alien goo or doing the Secret Wars angle.

6. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    You can have pro-New York sentiment, you just don't have to have it be so damn cornball. I remember that even back in 2002 people snickered at that. Probably because we don't associate a film that is pretty much purely fantastical like Spider-Man with anything in reality, let alone 9/11.

7. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    The line was funny, but that's not what made it corny. The corny thing was that Goblin is wearing an armor on him, takes 100 punches from Spidey (who is strong enough to leap from building to building) without much sweat, is holding a FREAKING GONDOLA CABIN in his ONE hand, but somehow a band of New Yorkers throwing some junk on him with their normal human pitching arms makes the Goblin go "yaaah!" Not to mention that somehow, now, when people are apparently hurting him, he feels no need to throw a few bombs here and there, like he did to defenseless people earlier in the movie. You're gonna tell me he grew a conscience all of a sudden? He's holding school kids in his hand just to prove a point to Spider-Man, but he won't hurt these people?

I think the similar scene in Spider-Man 2 worked a lot better and was funny too. Spider-Man is exhausted from stopping the subway train and Ock returns to collect him. New Yorkers stand up for him and say "you gotta go through us", to which Ock hilariously chuckles "very well", and pushes all of them aside. It's like they wrote the scene to make fun of the one from the first movie.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Watch the trailer first, and then read the background from below (because I'm evil)

IRON SKY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Py_IndUbcxc

This film has been in the works from 2006. The director, Timo Vuorensola and producer Samuli Torssonen had just made a small-budget comedy-scifi film Star Wreck, which had then been downloaded from their page for 1.5 million times in two weeks, and were considering what kind of a "real movie" they would like to do, and decided that Nazies on the Moon would be it. After a couple of years of money-gathering and making deals with German and Australian production companies, the shooting started at 2010, and it's finally being released in April.

Nothing has yet leaked from the plot, except what's visible in the trailer. Which is "Nazies went to the Moon in 1945. In 2018, they are coming back. Explosions and general hijinks."

9. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

Back to back
    reboot trailers....from The Amazing Spider-Man 3 D (!) to the Bourne Legacy.

Starring Jeremy Renner, Albert Finney and Ed Norton. Gee, couldn't they find any good, talented actors
    to be in this movie?

Take a look and see what you think of the future of the Bourne franchise:

The Bourne Legacy(2012)

And it opens....August 3rd.

Win or Fail?

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Win for me.

11. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Technically, The Bourne Legacy isn't a reboot, but a direct sequel to (I assume) The Bourne Ultimatum.

12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It is, and I rather like the look of it.

13. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

Any movie smart enough to hire Ed Norton gets my attention.

14. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Not that interested.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll watch it in theaters, but I have tempered expectations.

16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    We'll see...

17. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The Amazing Spider-Man

Trailer is much, much, much, much better than the earlier trailer. I like that they downplayed all the origin stuff and gave more of the plot. Garfield comes across better in this trailer too and I had no idea Leary was in it and this is a huge selling point to me. The action stuff with the cops toward the end looked fantastic. After the first trailer, I had no interest in seeing this. I now think I will probably go see it. That's a win!

Iron Sky

Absolutely mad, I tell you. And yet . . . somehow compelling. The worst & strangest part is the Palin-esque President who already feels like an old joke. But the rest of it could be awesome. The visuals look striking and this just reminds me of how much I wanted to see Nazis get beat to hell in Captain America, but Captain America was apparently in better taste than that. Well, screw taste; give me some Nazis to fight! The best part of the trailer is the weird little Nazi children bellowing, "THE DARK SIDE OF DE MOON." Please tell me that they'll actually get some of Floyd's music in there for the moon sequences and this is the best movie of all time.

The Bourne Legacy

I'm there. I've been a fan of Renner for a long time and I think he'll be even better than Damon in the super agent role. Great use of music in that trailer and the "welcome to the program" is a good way to tie it all back. I'm thrilled Joan Allen is back; she's still the best thing about the Bourne movies, aside from the maniacally unhinged action of the Greengrass installments. I'll see this one and hope it's as good as I think it will be.

The Wild Bunch

Very good trailer actually. Doesn't really give much of the plot and has some good moments from Holden and Ryan to set up the essential conflict of the movie. I think you can tell from this trailer that it'll be a good movie. I don't know that you can tell it'll be a Great one, which is what it is, but there are moments. Borgnine grinning at the solders on the train, Holden's snapped "If they move, kill 'em," Ryan's hangdog paranoia. Above average trailer, it seems to me, especially for the period, though some of the narration is not so hot, I'll admit.

19. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004
  20. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

The Wild Bunch? Violent Sam Peckinpah?

Last call before we move on.

21. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    The real interest is the excised scene (in the bordello). Otherwise, a terrific movie isn't particularly well rendered. I particularly hated the logo style of "The Wild Bunch" title--repeated twice. It looked like a bad horror film.

22. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

The bordello scene? Mmmmm. Wasn't aware of that. However, there are quite a few interesting behind the scenes stories on this one.

Also a lot of great quotes came out of this movie.

William Holden, "if they move, kill 'em!"

23. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

Alas, no more love for the Wild Bunch. One of my favorite westerns. The end of an era.

Next up, a film that uses real life Navy Seals.

Rated R.

Act of Valor(2012)

Win or Fail?

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Act of Valor

I actually thought the first trailer, which focused almost entirely on the action elements and didn't have a single shot of the people the soldiers left at home, as best I recall, was better. This trailer is definitely trying to sell that there's an emotional core here too. This movie is reminding me a bit of Haywire; the script seems kind of hackneyed, the line deliveries seem a little stilted, but the action looks amazing. I doubt these guys are going to turn out to be great actors (just like Carano didn't turn out to be a great actress), but the movie seems of interest. The stuff looking down on the river fight (which there was more of in the first trailer) looks fantastic. I don't know if I'll see it though.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Its an action movie starring an actual SEAL team. Ummmm....gee, let me think about that....

:p