main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Training of a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by The40YrOldSith, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The40YrOldSith

The40YrOldSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005
    The one thing I really wanted to see in the prequels is some actually training of jedi knights. We were shown Yoda giving some wise words to the younglings as they were using their small sabers to deflect laser blast, but I wanted to see what we saw in "Empire Strikes Back". Showing Luke running and flipping, etc. I thought once the prequels were announced we would see a bunch of jedi fighting, which we did in EP II, but I really wanted to see physical training techniques and how to swing a lightsaber, etc. and not masters telling their padawans to mind their feelings. As a matter of fact we never were shown how Luke learned how to actually use a lightsaber. It would have been nice to actually see these jedi training in some format and then see those same techniques used twenty years later by Luke.

Any Thoughts??

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    It was a little disappointing we didn't see much training. We never really see Anakin trained.

3. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    it's a little disappointing, that's true. we only get to see the outcome of the training.

4. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Read the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest series books. You don't see the training, but you can at least read about it.

5. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah that is lame but i guess Lucas had so much other stuf he had to show in the movies he didn't have time. Then again i don't think all those lovy duby scenes were realy needed in episode 2, w/e the movies still rock.

6. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I thought the part with the Bear Clan was pretty kool..but yess more scenes like that would have been awsome

7. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I don't think us seeing young Jedi being trained was all that important to the story. What we got was the concept of one on one training- A master and an Apprentice. We saw how the younglings were being trained by Yoda, so I think we had a good amount of the Jedi training methods. And (I know some of you guys don't like the EU) we have the EU explaining some other aspects of their training.

Good Stuff

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Must agree with revan, as there was nothing that jedi training could have contributed to the overall story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.