main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/16/unite-warriors-grand-galvatron-comic-306871

The origin of Galvatronus/Grand Galvatron is that following the end of "The Headmasters", Cyclonus finds Galvatron's body and winds up becoming "possessed" by Galvatron's mind, which then leads them to Unicron who summons Starscream, Breakdown, Thrust and Roller and re-formats them into a team.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/16/combiner-wars-g2-superion-new-hand-images-306846

You can compare and contrast the G1 and G2 Generations Aerialbots.

[​IMG]

That is the prototype figure for Generations Blaster.

I think it would make more sense to have the Transformers interacting with ROM and the Micronauts, while the Joes would be mixed up with the Visionaries and MASK.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Juliet316 likes this.
  3. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "Titans Return" Soundwave, superior. "Titans Return" Blaster, inferior.

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They could honestly do some pretty awesome things with Centurions. They're basically War Machine crossed with the Mark 42 armor from Iron Man 3.

Although a crossover between Centurions and Captain Power would make more sense, concept-wise...

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    More news.

First, a news article talking about Hasbro having more involvement in the live action film series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Press release about "Robots In Disguise" season two.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/01/13/transformers-robots-disguise-season-2-press-release-307742

Revealed at last, Predacus from the forthcoming "Timelines: Dawn Of The Predacus" using the "Combiner Wars" figures.

[​IMG]

Coming soon, "Legends Starscream: Super Mode", a repaint of "Generations Armada Starscream".

[​IMG]

Masterpiece Ironhide, test shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First look at what appears to be "Titans Return" Blurr, in full Cybertronian G1 look. He will be a Headmaster and not a Targetmaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    More news.

"Transformers 5" will once film in Chicago. No word on if it will be fully utilized as in the third film, or also double as another location as in the fourth film.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/01/19/transformers-5-filming-returns-chicago-308009

"Masterpiece Optimus Primal" prototype figure.

[​IMG]

"Unite Warriors" Blast Off, who is a brand new mold and will have some differences to the other combiners. This version will be sold as part of Takara's box set and will be sold at mass retail.

[​IMG]

7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Awesome Primal

I miss Beast Wars

TX-20 likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    God, I wish I had the disposable income to buy some of these. I'm still pissed I couldn't afford masterpiece G1 Screamer or Megs or the trailer for my anniversary Prime.

And, hell, I was mixed on Beast Wars and even I think that Primal MP is awesome.

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Man, if I had won the lottery, I would go back and recreate my collection and then expand upon it using both the original figures and the Classics/Generations versions. As well as third party figures.

Speaking of "Beast Wars", I was no longer collecting, but I thought that they weren't bad. A benefit I find of being an adult collector, whether you are one or not, is that you can be wiser about what you purchase than when you are a kid. You can really think about what you want as an adult and especially after examining the toys and watching the cartoons. I would mix and match to meet my standards.

[​IMG]

For instance, I'm not fond of Predacon Galvatron and Magmatron. But I do like Gigatron and I would use him as a Predacon leader against Lio Convoy.

10. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

I've seen you talk of having mixed feeling of Beast Wars before. I've got to ask why? 2ndQuest is going against the grain here, I must know.

Is it just toy related or show also?

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i have so many first wave transformers, but they sure aren't in the original boxes

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not toy related- though I generally did not find the toys appealing- turning a robot into a non-robot-looking animal didn't seem cool to me, and while some of the later designs were cooler, the transmetal neon plastic kinda repelled me. But I wouldn't judge a franchise based on its toyline.

A coworker lent me bootleg/import DVDs of the whole series about 10 years ago, so my experience with the show is as a standalone entity independent of its original release era.

Anyways, I found the writing and certain things particularly weak early on in the series- some of it resulting from the creators not knowing what they wanted to do with the story at first and kind of figuring it out as they went along, some of it due to an insistence of certain catchphrases, etc (the constantly repeated code phrases to transform got So. Fracking. Stupid.) and efforts to be way more jokey than G1 was (G1 was more one-liners-centric with its humor than BW's heavier focus on slapstick). The pilot was particularly, painfully, bad (easily one of, if not the, worst pilot for a TF series).

The rest of Season 1 suffered from your typical season 1 TV show issues- a certain dryness and unevenness, etc. but there was still certain conceptual oddities in terms of how they behaved in regards to their beast modes, etc. (granted, these problems are similar to how the Bayformers were treated, so it's not as glaring as it used to be but still sticks out due to the beast/mechanical differences).

But I really had to force myself to keep watching through the first season and a half of the series, knowing the G1 connections were coming (which, early on, was my only remaining interest after suffering through the pilot).

Which is not to say it didn't have its highlights. After his way-too-quick betrayal Dinobot became a good character very quickly and some of the characters introduced later on were interesting as well.

And once they got to the main G1 connection at the end of season 2/start of season 3, the series had finally found its groove and a solid story focus that had gravitas & consequence. It was legitimately entertaining by then and firing on all cylinders.

And by then I suppose one adjusts to the slapstick humor and takes it for what it is, so you're a bit more immune to it, which helps.

So, in a nutshell, I'm basically mixed because I really didn't care for the first half of the series but enjoyed the second half.

And Optimus Primal? Eh. Optimal Optimus? Heck yeah.

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I admit that I was uncertain of "Beast Wars" when it first began. Not so much the organic beast modes, but how it seemed as it if was a reboot of the storyline. I didn't realize that it was supposed to be a continuation of G1 and didn't until after the show was over and off the air. I had only watched a few episodes. It has given me more of a pause and a chance to re-asses the whole thing. Then I tried to give "Car Robots"/"Robots In Disguise" a try, but I just couldn't get into it. But I did enjoy "Armada" quite a bit, once they got to episode 16. I never got a chance to watch all of "Energon".

When they first came out, or through E-Bay and other venues?

Which do you prefer; Primal Prime or Optimal Optimus?

[​IMG]

And just for **** and giggles...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is why I love the Classics/Universe/Timelines/United/Henkei/Generations lines. A whole variety of Seekers. The other size classes and other lines never reach that level. It's a shame they didn't get to do these, before retiring the mold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are all custom or knock off figures.

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "Titans Returns" figures.

Scourge.

[​IMG]

Chromedome.

[​IMG]

Mindwipe.

[​IMG]

Alpha Trion.

[​IMG]

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    darth-sinister

Hey, Just wanted to say hello and tell you that because of your avatar, I bought the the three japanese dvd sets of Transformers: Head Masters, Super God Master Force, and Victory. I'm about ten episodes into Headmasters and it's great to see the show like that again. I hated seeing Optimus die again, Rodimus leaveing all together, and now the show is basically phasing the old g1 out and focusing on the Headmasters and the combiner teams. It's fun though, so thanks for making me spend the money. :p

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

Yeah, with "The Headmasters", the idea that head writer Masumi Kaneda had was that "youth is king" and that younger warriors are smarter than their older, more experienced counterparts. Course, this was due to how many characters who were still alive as of "The Return Of Optimus Prime". It was a rather large cast at the time.

Autobots: Optimus Prime, Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, Kup, Blurr, Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Goldbug, Wreck-Gar, Seaspray, Beachcomber, Powerglide, Perceptor, Cliffjumper, Sideswipe, Hound, Smokescreen, Inferno, Grimlock, Sludge, Slag, Snarl, Swoop, Blaster/Twincast, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Rewind, Eject, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, Sunstreaker, Warpath, Cosmos, Red Alert, Grapple, Searchlight, Chase, Freeway, Wideload, Rollbar, the Aerialbots, the Protectorbots, the Technobots, Tracks, Scamper, Sixgun, Pipes, Tailgate, Outback, Swerve, Wheelie, Arcee, Springer, Sandstorm and Broadside.

Decepticons: Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, Starscream, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Soundwave/Soundblaster, Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, Freenzy, Ratbat, Buzzsaw, Slugfist, Overkill, Octane, the Constructicons, the Stunticons, the Combaticons, the Predacons, the Terrorcons, Trypticon, Brunt, Full-Tilt, the Sweeps and the Sharkticons.

And that's before you add in all the new characters. When you look at the later lines, they've phased out certain characters in order to focus on new ones. And yeah, it was weird seeing new cartoons in this era long after they had ended. At least as far as we knew back then. It also grinds my gears that we never got the chance to have some of those toys. I understand why, but 8 to 13 year old me is rather annoyed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, Gold Plastic Syndrome aside from Black Zarak and Killbison.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Here comes the news.

[​IMG]

Botcon 2016 video featuring Predacon Megatron.

Speculation holds that an earlier planned repaint and retool of "Car Robots" Gigatron will be used to make Megatron.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Astrotrain, a repaint and retool of Sentinel Prime.

[​IMG]

First look at "Titans Return" Fortress Maximus.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Scourge.

[​IMG]

"Combiner Wars" Technobots and Computron in full color.

[​IMG]

"Unite Warriors" Bruticus and Blastoff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Subscription figures for the fan club.

[​IMG]

"Masterpiece" Optimus Primal. He will have light up eyes and an alternate head the recreates the original toy's design.

[​IMG]

"Robots In Disguise" returns next Saturday with "Overloaded", which introduces Overload.

[​IMG]

A new soundtrack inspired by the films.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/09/transformers-roll-album-coming-april-15-2016-309301

A new game, "Transformers: Earth Wars".

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/10/transformers-earth-wars-launches-spring-309323

DarthMane2 likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Official look at "Titan Return" Fortress Maximus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chromedome.

[​IMG]

Scourge.

[​IMG]

Mindwipe.

[​IMG]

Blurr.

[​IMG]