main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Hush you and your toy based evidence. I'm basing on the cartoon and I'm using Red to account for varying shades including maroon

The second picture with the purple hue gives him a sort of Deceptecony feel. I don't like it

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's because
    "Shattered Glass" Rodimus, part of a universe where the Autobots are evil and the Decepticons are good.

The other one is
    Masterpiece Black Rodimus Prime, who is an evil clone of Rodimus, created prior to Optimus Prime's resurrection. Rodimus was lured to the Decepticon base from "A Prime Problem" where Megatron created the duplicate of Optimus and Starscream, a clone was made based on all the negative feelings Rodimus felt about being a Prime. This was part of a series of black variants that Takara has done for the Masterpiece line.

[​IMG]

Nemesis Prime.

[​IMG]

Blackpedal.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Vector Sigma and Unicron were intended to be related. I know that the comics later revealed Vector Sigma to be Unicron's "brother" Primus, but I wonder what the creators of the cartoon intended.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they intended Vector Sigma to just be a creation of the Quintessons used for manufacturing cybertronians.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How did I forget? Of course the Quintessons created Vector Sigma. Anyway, since the episode that explains Unicron's origin was written by a one-off writer for hire, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers of Transformers: The Movie meant for Unicron to be a Quintesson creation.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

According to David Wise, who wrote "The Key To Vector Sigma", Hasbro had wanted to include it as part of the episode and when he asked Story Editor Bryce Malek, he went to Hasbro and was told what it was. No one is sure whose idea it was specifically as it had not come from Bob Budiansky when he was writing the bios and backstories. And it was Simon Furman who came up with Primus and never referred to Vector Sigma in the Marvel Comics series.

"Call Of The Primitives" was written by Donald F. Glut who wrote many episodes including "Megatron's Master Plan", "Dinobot Island" and the episodes that introduced the Dinobots, I would wager that he was going by what Marv Wolfman and/or Hasbro wanted. Note that when Wolfman worked on "Beast Machines", he brought back Vector Sigma and the Hate Plague. Anyway, I don't think it was intended at the time.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Speaking of getting Hot Rod's color right:

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's good to know about the work that went into this. Course, there will be the fanboy who argues that they changed it when they shouldn't have.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'll still take magenta or pink or whatever over the next Transformers: Explosions movie design. Seriously, they can never bother to make Transformers anything other than predominantly black, gray, or silver, huh?

Though I think that's one reason I preferred the 4:3 version of the 1986 movie DVD to wide-screen version. I think 4:3 had magenta while wide-screen had pink for some reason (and here's hoping the Bluray handles it better).

Speaking of Hot Rod colors, has anyone else seen the cover to Transformers: Lost Light? I'm very interested in what changes season 3 will bring. What with MTMTE Season 2 basically having concluded (probably), with the next/last two issues being Titans Return issues, then relaunching under its new name in December.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Rumors of new "Titans Return" figures include Deluxe version of Kup, Krok, Quake, Topspin and Perceptor and Headmaster heads of Repugnus and another named Shuffler.

New image of Megatron, Hound and Barricade for TLK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/08/11/tfw2005s-transformers-5-set-visit-high-res-pics-321382

Metrodome and Kid Rhino worked on the restoration of the original G1 cartoons and the film, but some of it had to be done from the ground up. The restoration for the movie is probably why the coloring is the way it is. Shout! Factory is aiming at accuracy and detail.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Megatron looks like Ultron.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Just why? Ultron looked terrible, no need to copy that.

Also did I hear that Aramis from The Musketeers is in the new film? Santiago Cabera?

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Bumblebee's new look.

[​IMG]

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Filming is now taking place in Scotland and reports of an actor/double dressed in
    knight armor, riding a horse seems to confirm that the film will have a flashback to Camelot.

Takara reveals the "Unite Warriors" version of the Torchbearers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They form Megatronia.

[​IMG]

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    More news.

"The Last Knight" is looking casting
    King Arthur using Liam Garrigan from "Once Upon A Time.

Joshua Joyce will be in TLK, again played by Stanley Tucci.

TLK's Hot Rod revealed.

[​IMG]

"Robots In Disguise" season two resumes this month in Canada.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/09/04/transformers-robots-disguise-season-2-5-premiere-info-324325

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/09/05/...season-2-episode-16-17-titles-revealed-324439

Upcoming mobile fighting game using characters from all franchises.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/08/27/...bams-upcoming-transformers-mobile-game-323992

"Titans Return" Broadside.

[​IMG]

Seaspray will also get a new figure.

Masterpiece Grapple.

[​IMG]

Alternate colors for G1 Scorponok that were never seen before until recently.

[​IMG]

Had Fun Publications retained the convention and collector's club rights, we would have had these "Beast Wars Uprising" figures within the next few years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Beast Hunters" Optimus Prime would serve as a "Beast Wars II" Galvatron.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Has anyone checked out the "Transformers: Combiner Wars" cartoon on go90.com? Each episode is 5 minutes each, and so far there are 8 episode I think. (I can't access the site at work to double check.)

I don't know how many more they plan on doing, but the last episode seemed to tie things up with the current arc while leaving things open for another one.

Also, has anyone bought the "Transformers: The Movie" on Blu-ray? How does it look? How are the special features?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I saw the first episode, been meaning to catch up. Had it's highs and lows.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "Combiner Wars" is on Youtube. And speaking of the original cartoon...

Extended dialogue from "More Than Meets The Eye" Part I, which has been uncovered.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "Robots In Disguise" will begin airing new episodes in the US on October 22nd. The third season will debut in 2017 and the series will be known as "Combiner Force". In the upcoming season, Bumblebee's team runs into a Decepticon combiner team and Bee's team must become a combiner team themselves.

"Titans Return" Perceptor with Convex.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Broadside with Blunderbuss, a repaint and extensive retool of Alpha Trion.

[​IMG]

Legends Class Brawn.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Sky Shadow with Omnius and is a pretool of forthcoming Overlord.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Lio Convoy.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Super Ginrai.

[​IMG]

"Titans Return" Doublecross.

[​IMG]

First look at Sixshot and Trypticon's leg.

[​IMG]

Hasbro will also reissue some of the toys from the first live action film to celebrate the tenth anniversary next year.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually thought the whole "prehistoric Transformers" bit worked in Revenge of the Fallen, and even in the first Transformers how Megatron was the cause of the technological revolution I thought was clever. But the Transformers throughout history is wearing a bit thin by the time they hit Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction to be honest. Now King Arthur? Erm.....

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They need to start establishing the link between the worlds somehow because it dies feel like too much repetitive coincidence (not to mention the DOTM history makes no sense with the first film's backstory).

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000