main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Transformers are sweet. I am actually thinking about getting some of the new ones. If i can't find any Star Wars stuff I need. Actually I was thinking about Starting a room Just for my weird Collections. Just a room Filled with Star wars, Transformers, Comic Books and G.I.Joe.

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Megatron owns your soul.

[image=http://www.cryptnet1.net/files/megatrowned.jpg]

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Unicron actually owns Megatron's soul.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    so does that mean we are technicclly owned by Unicron if we are owned by Megatron?

5. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I suppose it does, yes.

6. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Galvatron teamed up with Megatron 'til a time-vortex opened up and sucked him into it (after ripping him to pieces).

I swear I'm not making that up:p

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/covers/Marvel%20US/41-80/US%2078.jpg]

Not sure if that's the same story, but this is the US Marvel meeting.

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I like that the shadow in the bottom right hand corner is distinctively Megatron.

9. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Yep, that was the one - All of the time displacement Galvatron and his cronies, and several Autobots, had been up to created a rift in the fabric of space.
    It finally caught up with Galvatron and co when he took a shot destined to hit Megatron, screwing things right up...

10. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Galvatron was to Megatron as Vader was to Anakin.

And Galvatron was to Unicron as Vader was to Sidious.

11. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    So you're saying that Anakin > Vader? Because everyone knows that Megatron > > > > Galvatron :p

12. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Heh

Kup = Yoda
    Ironhide = Mace Windu
    Soundwave = Tarkin
    Starscream = Jerjerrod

...Bah - maybe not. :p

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> so does that mean we are technicclly owned by Unicron if we are owned by Megatron?<<

Yes, but then Unicron is owned by the Matrix, and the Matrix is owned by Rodimus Prime.

So...we are all owned by Hot Rod! :eek:

I've been selectively purchasing some of the reissued classic Transformers- so far Optimus Prime (to repalce my original with a broken leg...), Starscream (since I never got him), Jazz and Bluestreaker (since I like their designs). I had gotten Hot Rod (Major Rodimus or whatever the toy was called) but my cousin's son was obssessed with it, lost a decal or two and I just let him have it.

My favorite original though was Shockwave- I even have both variations of him, with the different colored light-up tips (purple vs clear). He was just a good sized toy- worked good as arobot or a toy gun because of it.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Transformers. i love that show. And the comics. I've had over 40 of the old G1 toys and several reissued TPBs of the old comics. Loved how Unicron was retconned into being an elder chaos God who could rip apart realities and the TFs were created by Primus, God of light.

Does that technically make them angels?

15. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    He was one of the ones you couldn't get in the UK. But I never liked him anyway.

16. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    In the Marvel comics, the elemental lords of light and dark, Primus and Unicron clashed many times - Primus protecting the fledgling life Unicron sought to devour.
    Primus moved the fight into the astral plane and, in one last desperate bid to defeat his opponent, tricked Unicron by returning them to two lumps of rock rather then their original corporeal forms.

Over the aeons, Unicron crafted his prison into the first transformer - the planetoid/robot form we are all familiar with.
    Primus too was busy, transforming his asteroid into the planet Cybertron itself, and inhabiting it with sentient robots who echoed Unicron's ability to switch between forms.

Yeah - I could never understand why we didn't get some of them.
    I actually quite liked Shockwave, not sure about that colour - but he was quite a cool design.
    The Constructicons too, I would have loved to own those.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah, Get_In_Gear. I did know all that stuff. Still cool, though.

Heck, the Dreamwave comics and the Ultimate Guide to Transformers took it a step further. All the Unicrons across the TF media-and all the Cybertrons-are the same being. Armada-cron and UKcron? Same guy, different reality.

Edited because I sounded somewhat rude before.

18. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I used to love the original series, but I have to say that Beast Wars was the best. I watch the new ones, but none of the characters seem interesting. I think the original series transformers had more personality to them. I liked the Transformer movie for the most part, the final fight between Optimus and Megatron was classic, but I think that should have been the climax, not killing him off barely 20 minutes in. Plus I never really liked the idea of I think his name was Hotrod becoming the new leader, he seemed a lightweight.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah, Beast Wars was probably the most 'mature' TF show done. 'Code of Hero' was... dang.

'I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.'

Dinobot is my favorite TF character of all time. Soul of a warrior. Heart of a hero. And him ripping through the Predacon army like that was sheer awesomeness.

20. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Dinobot was great, the episode where he dies classic stuff.

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Counting the Beast Generation, I'd say

TM2 Dinobot=General Grievous
    Han Solo=Rattrap
    Starscream=Ysanne Isard
    Coby&most other humans=Jae Juun
    Luke+Mara=SB/BA
    Cybertron Minicons=3PO+R2

I remember seeing one Transformer that I never got hold of. It was when I was about 10 (1990) and I saw this reasonably large red and white jet plane Transformer (bigger than Starscream). I cannot remember whether it was an Autobot or a Decepticon... I have no other information. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

I believe that's Skyfire.

I love Transformers and it kinda reflects my multilinguality in a really wierd way. I like Predacons and Decepticons the most, with Dinobot, Starscream, and Soundwave taking the lead.

'I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.'

Dinobot is my favorite TF character of all time. Soul of a warrior. Heart of a hero. And him ripping through the Predacon army like that was sheer awesomeness.

Agreed. I have quite a collection of Dinobot quotes and a copy of the Code of Hero script. Let's see, here's teh things that's turned up in my various sigs so far:

'I am a warrior, let teh battle be joined.'
    'A deed, once done, cannot be undone, but perhaps it may yet be mitigated.'
    'Victors do not spurn opportunity.'
    Then there's my screenshots and fanart on Deviantart, about a fifth of which features Dinobot.

Well, this is a random bit on my liking all of TF except for Beast Machines, which is kinda like how some people here can't stand NJO (and I'm slightly critical about the later books).

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Wow thanks! That's the one. The identity of this Transformer has been bugging me for absolutely years. :cool:

23. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I still have all my Transformers (although Sideswipe and Blurr appear to have suffered for spending several years in a cardboard box).

I loved Gen 1, but also fell for Gen 2 which goes from the movie into season three of the original cartoons. I know it's sacrilige, but I much prefer Galvatron in design and character to Megatron any day.

I've never liked the idea of shrinking characters. And to make the most powerful villain, Megatron, have to shrink down to a handheld weapon and rely on others to use him in battle was just lame. Galvatron was an excellent laser cannon that took care of long-time Decepticon annoyance Starscream in the span of 5 seconds.

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    heh Skyfire's both 'bot and 'con, so that makes him difficult to find.

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Skyfire's debut episode was pretty good. 'Fire in the Sky', IIRC. I've got the Dreamwave War Within comics that shows the TFs during the opening stages of the Civil War. Their old designs were pretty cool.

Loved the old tertajets Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker transformed into. And Megatron transforming into a multi-gun tank was great.:cool:[face_skull]