main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Shockwave is still my favorite- that single eye and the cold tone to his voice just made him the scariest of the Decepticons.

I was absolutely thrilled with what they did with his character in the Dreamwave comics, making him one of the main villians for a couple arcs.

[image=http://planetcybertron.com/dwlithoshockwave.jpg]

BTW- it's been confirmed that supposed leaked test footage is indeed fake.

2. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I enjoyed what Marvel did with him too in the original comics.
    He was pretty complex.
    He was a force to by reckoned with, but he also knew he was no match for Megatron... and yet he was so resourceful and was always finding ways to usurp control of the Decepticons from him.

Hah - I hadn't seen that...

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Shockwave. heh. I love his profile. COmpletely logical, closer to a machine than a Transformer, yet his logic's been twisted around so he believes that he should lead the Decepticons.

And his look! Just that one optic sensor in the middle of his head. His gun hand and that strip of trnasparent material across his chest. So alien, you know?

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    My favorite was always Starscream. Not that I rooted for him or anything, but you gotta love a guy brazen enough to tell the toughest Decepticon on the planet he plans on overthrowing him to his face.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah. I think every version of Starscream did that, too. Which is even better.

My favorite was actually Bluestreak. He was my first TF toy that I got. And his bio was interesting. Lone survivor of his city after the Decepticons destroyed it, so his defense mechanism is to ramble on a bit at times. Fairly powerful, but hates fighting.

[image=http://lambotricks.com/images/blue_gunner.jpg]

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though not my favorite character, one supporting character that really grew on me as I rewatched the series was Tracks. I liked how he was unique in that he was (as far as I can recall) the only car autobot able to fly (he had those pop out wings from underneath).

7. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    My favorites from Generation 1

-Optimus Prime
    -Megatron
    -Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime
    -Galvatron
    -Ultra Magnus
    -Bumblebee/Goldbug
    -Starscream
    -Dinobots
    -Soundwave
    -Blaster
    -Jazz
    -Kup
    -Blurr
    -Constructicons
    -Insecticons
    -Bludgeon
    -Unicron
    -Cyclonus
    -Scourge
    -Wreck-Gar
    -Shockwave
    -Aerialbots
    -Punch/Counterpunch
    -Top Spin
    -Wheeljack
    -Prowl
    -Thundercracker
    -Skywarp
    -Ironhide
    -Ratchet
    -Scorpinok

8. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    And here is that flying Corvette, just for the non-believers:

[image=http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/7975/tracks6ek.gif]

I gotta go with Jazz as my favourite.
    He was the first transformer toy I got, he transformed like he was doing push ups, and he was voiced by Scatman Crothers.
    'Nuff said!

[image=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2654/jazz8ot.gif]

:)

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That is so true. Shame I can't help him stage his coups. My G1 favs:

Optimus-For some reason, I hate and love the guy at the same time.

Anyone and everyone that has an airborne alt mode minus Insecticons.

Soundwave-This bot's tall, dark, evil, and musical.

Ironhide-He struck a cord with me with that war stories line and it didn't matter what he did afterwards.

Ratchet&Wheeljack-Geeks and mechanics always make it to the top.

Cassettes-They're my size and they're with Soundie.

And then there's anything and everything that's either blue or green.

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    My favorite Autobot and TF overall is Bluestreak, but my favorite Decepticon is Thundercracker. Another 'reluctant warrior'.

According to his bio, a fairly aimless Transformer who was convinced by Megatron to join for a much-needed sense of direction. Both he and Bluestreak are similar in that they really don't like fighting, despite being fairly good at it.

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Why are all the Transformers who don't like fightin good at it? I don't know just seems like on of those odd qualties.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Interesting question. Maybe they've seen too much fighting for their own liking. Then there's Tigatron, whom I wouldn't rank too high on the robot mode warrior list (I like the character, just don't think he can beat up the big toughies without tiger jaws).

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i can't wait for the live action movie to come out. i wonder who will do the music for it to. i can't wait to see Optimus Prime transform on the big screen!:D

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, not all of them are. It's just those two stood out for me back then when I first got into TF.

Sunstreeaker, Sideswipe and the Dinobots love to fight and are great at it for the Autobots, while Bludgeon, Sixshot and the Predacons love to fight and are great at it for the Decepticons.

I've got a series from Dreamwave comics called 'More than Meets the Eye', which is 8 issues of nothing but G1 Transformer bios. Everyone from Prime and Megatron to the more obscure micromasters. Great for fleshing out fic personalities. One thing I've noticed, a lot of Autobots would make better Decepticons than the 'cons themselves.

And a lot of Decepticons would fit right in with the Autobots. Very interesting.

15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

With Spielberg producing, there's always a chance it could be John Williams. But I hope whatever composer takes over, he or she uses the old Transformers theme.

I also hope to God they get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker back.

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    They'll probably do that annoying thing where a composer wants to impose their own vision on the film's musical identity. This vision will involve lots of unique music (which is fine) and a main theme that only hints at the classic theme, despite the fact that the classic theme is what everyone wants to hear.

"I'm a talented composer. I don't want to rely on a theme that someone else wrote!" [face_frustrated] :mad:

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd actually be thrilled if they brought back Vince DiCola, to add a bit of that great 80's synth style he gave Transformers and Rocky IV- it also blends well with rock music, which should help any soundtrack songs feel more natural.

18. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I love the theme music from the original series. I think it has the best opening music of any cartoon, I hope they use it in the movie.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I like that one, too, but prefer RID.

If you like Beast Wars, you might like Bluedramon's little... you'll see here: http://media.putfile.com/BrightEyes33

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That's pretty cool, Sil.

Got this one too. Breakdancing Soundwave.

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well that explains the music that I got from bwtf.com forums (I'm RobotInDisguise there). Pretty neat. I thought I'd let you know, there's some TF tournaments going on on the bwint.net message boards. I know it's a little late since Outspyder, teh host, has already finished the G1 and Beast Generation tourneys, but the Robots in Disguise ones are going on right now and we're up to round 2, so if you want to vote, get on that board here: http://bwint.net/forum/index.php

Oh, and can anybody help me convert this midi file to mp3 format? Thanks. Here's teh link: http://www.geocities.com/takaishi_blackwings/Music_files/dinobotsdeath.mid

22. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    From the descriptions I've read about the movie: "It's about a guy, a girl, and a car." I'm thinking this won't do for 80s cartoons what Spider-man and X-men did for comics.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I have a feeling thats the human character angle. I just hope they don;t focus soley on that at the expense ofthe more interesting cybertronian characters.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I forget, have they announced which Autobots and Decepticons they are going to use? Last I remember, they wanted five of each.

I know Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will be in it. I also know Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave will be there too. What about the other five?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The last info I had posted over in the Amp TF thread, but this is from last summer or so.

"Around ten Transformers will be seen in the film including the main characters like Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, Jazz."