main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    when's filming supposed to start for this? i know the release date is sometime in summer of 07. it has to go up against Halo, Fantastic Four 2, and Spiderman 3. although i will be seeing this for sure just to see some transforming action on the big screen in a live action movie:cool:

2. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Sounds to me like apart from Spidey, there's no competition at all.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think of those, only Halo has been suggested as going up against Transformers on July 4th- I think Spider-Man 3 is aiming for May, and FF will probably be June or mid-July.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    now that i think about it fantastic four 2 won't be that big of competition but i still think spiderman 3 and halo will be competition for it. Halo will be a big hit for video gamers. i personally think it'll be the first actually good video game movie

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>when's filming supposed to start for this?<<

They were scouting locations and looking to rent 10 months of studio space starting in February, so I'm guessing they're gonna start going relatively soon.

So, hopefully http://www.transformerslive.com/ will start updating in the next month or two.

6. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I don't think Halo will be that good of compitition but spider-man 3 defenately will be but that will proeberly come out in may but they are talking about releasing FF2 on the 4th also. they said hat last time and changed it but who knows. 2007 will be a great year just wait and see.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't finished until 2008 at the rate this project is moving.

8. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Hey, I remember a certain little film that was about "A boy, a girl, and a universe"...
    ... and that turned out to be quite a success, as I recall...

:p

Seriously though, it would be nothing but a crying shame if the Transformers live action movie didn't deliver.
    It just reeks of potential.

From my point of view, Halo is just going to be the next Tomb Raider/Resident Evil.
    Whoopee. [face_plain]
    I never really got as excited about the Spider-Man frachise as everyone else seems to have, but I don't deny the have been pretty darn successful.
    I dunno, a third one just seems like overkill to me.

Damn, I'd hate to see TF become a missed opportunity.
    I just wish a more gritty director was attached to the project.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    whats the word on who'll be doing the voices of the transformers? is it going to be the same ones from the cartoon?

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No official word yet- though some people involved want to pursue at least some of the original cast, and I think it's safe to say fans would be satisfied so long as they got Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as Optimus and Megatron.

(but then, they did like half the characters anyways- if you have Frank doing Megatron, you might as well have him reprise Soundwave and with Peter they could easily slide in Ironhide if he appears)

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Hey just picked up the new Transformers comic. It looks sweet and it actually has Runabout and Runamuck as main players not just cannon fodder. Can't wait for issue two.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Simon Furman's known for giving equal time to both the big guns and the second tier characters. During his Marvel run, not only did he focus on Optimus Prime and Galvatron, but he also gave time to Headmaster Nightbeat and Pretender Bludgeon. With the latter taking over as Decpeticon leader after Scorpinok (sp) was killed by Unicron.

13. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005

Beast Wars is best! When I was younger I was obsessed with Dinobot! More recently when the show came back on for the summer, I didn't like him as much, but it was so saddening when he he died. But he died a hero.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I rather dislike the fact that the new TF comic is a new continuity, when they were doing so well with the Dreamwave material.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    my favorite was the one that was like a Rhino. i forgot his name

EDIT: This is the 5000th post of the SFF: Films and Television Board!!![face_dancing]

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Ya mean Rhinox? This guy's a good source of odd/impossible romance bunnies. No wait, I still have yet to find the time to write some Skyfire/Transmutate thingy, especially after I went on a random writing binge and wrote 6 pages of BW poetry while trying to work on AP Chem homework

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Last I heard about the film, none of the voice actors were going to be used. Not the original series or the more recent ones.

18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah I remember some interview last summer with one of the producers (I think) and he was asked if they would get some of the original voice actors back. His reply was something like "no way, why would anyone want that? We'll get new voices."

All I know is that there was an uproar about the statement in many forums. Apparently the popular idea is to have Peter Cullen and Frank Welker return. At least those two.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it'd be good to have them at least.

20. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I think it would be great to have the original voice actors do the parts, but I imagine the movie producers probably want some well known actors to voice the roles.

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    any thoughts as to what actors anyone would want to see do the voices?

22. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Thats tough because I can't imagine anyone else doing the voices.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Me, neither, but considering jazz's VA (who's name escapes me right now and I am hating myself for that...) passed on. RIP.

Oh, it's 2006. 2005 is now over. Where's Autobot City, my hoverboard and the EDF? I want giant transforming robots! I want 'The Touch'!

24. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I think the complete lack of respect for the original cartoon will be the downfall of the TF live action movie. Steven Speilberg likes to believe that the original TF movie didn't even exist and has said on two occasions that this will be the first TF movie. He even called the movie poorly recieved by fans.

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Gasp* You're kidding me! The G1 cartoon may have had some hokey moments, but it was great! Optimus Prime was my hero. Hell, he was every kid's hero. And Megatron was pretty effective for a cartoon villian. He solidified his hold on Cybertron while delaying Prime's hookup with his own troops. The Autobots were winning the battles, but losing the war.

All leading up to the movie. And did it have flaws? Yeah, but it was still pretty good. The first half up to Prime's death was ungodly. And Prime's fight with Megatron remains one of the best animated fight sequences of all time. And of course seeing Ratchet, Brawn, Ironhide, Prowl, Wheeljack and Windcharger dead... *Sigh*

I've always wanted to write a fic where the surviving Ark and Nemesis Transformers meet up in 2006 for an impromptu mission against the Quintessons or something like that. Turns out they've grown to have grudging respect for one another considering their situation. Yeah, that would be a good thing to write...