main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    ^I'll lend you moral support if you make it a G1 movie...

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, based on domain registration info and similarly titled book entries on amazon's databse, word is the 3rd film will be called "Transformers: The Dark of the Moon".

...which is one of the worst titles I've ever heard of.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I can do you one better:
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

it wasn't even about suburban housing!

How about Star Trek: the Undiscovered Country? I liked the movie, but the title was stupid (Shakespeare references aside)

Again, I don't care what they call it, so long as they have a new writing team. And a new director would be good too.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually like The Undiscovered Country as a title. AOTC wasn't a good title. But in either case, they at least felt like a whole title and made sense.

The Dark of the Moon sounds like it's missing a word or two and just leaves me going "..wha?".

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I like the title.

7. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I can't help but think they are trying to avoid getting sued by Pink Floyd by leaving out the word "side" in the title.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just a heads-up: the new TV series, Transformers: Prime, debuts Nov 29th on Discovery/Hasbro's new channel, The Hub.

However, they will be previewing the first two episodes on Friday the 26th at 4PM as well.

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I didnt know anew cartoon was being made. I ll try and catch it if it comes on our local channel.

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd like to see it but I don't get the HUB at college. Will they put the episodes on Hulu or on their website?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I honestly don't know- I'm sure they will be up somewhere.

12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It is a cartoon right?

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    4 PM next week? that's great! I'll be out of work by then and probably coherent enough to enjoy it. :D

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The cast list is most impressive as well, according to it's wiki entry:

-Adam Baldwin - Breakdown
    -Steven Blum - Starscream
    -Jeffrey Combs - Ratchet
    -Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime
    -Tania Gunadi - Miko Nakadai
    -Dwayne Johnson - Cliffjumper
    -Ernie Hudson - Agent Fowler
    -Josh Keaton[5] - Jack Darby
    -Sumalee Montano - Arcee
    -Daran Norris - Knock Out
    -Andy Pessoa - Rafael "Raf" Esquivel
    -Markie Post - June
    -James Remar - ?
    -Kevin Michael Richardson - Bulkhead
    -Gina Torres - ?
    -Frank Welker - Megatron

Hopefully it'll due justice to that- I mean, Cullen and Welker as Prime and Megatron for the first time outside of a video game or parody since G1? SOLD.

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, quite a few recognizable names on that list, especially the original voices for G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron of course. They've managed to get Peter Cullen for Optimus' voice in several recent Transformers works (the movies, and the higher quality WfC video game), but not sure why they never got Welker, its not like he's retired (at least I think I still see his name in credits for various cartoons).

Must remember to record it, given how busy the 26th is probably going to be, being the day after Thanksgiving.

Although this current cartoon has an odd lead-up to it. Supposedly its sorta in the same continuity as the recent video game and the tie-in novel (which also didn't really mesh at all with the actual video game, although as a Transformers novel, it at least referenced many, many continuities, and was mostly well written, minus a few minor problems). Although its probably better to ignore all of that, I just like browsing the Transformers wiki. Don't really quite like the designs, at least not yet (although definitely better than the movies' designs). But still, with a voice cast like that, its hard to mess up that badly.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Welker did voice Megatron for the two movie games, actually (or, at least, the first one).

The designs aren't awesome, but not movie-bad. And a good story can overcome bad designs, like Animated managed to do.

18. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Is Animated done? What season are they on?

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Been done for a while, sadly enough. Damn, that was a great show...

20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Animated has been over since last year, and they ended at three seasons. Which is kind of a shame since I only started watching it during the late second season, and there were still a few loose ends, but I liked the ending well enough at least.

Ah, and forgot Welker was in the video games, usually never play the movie-based games since... well, they're movie-based games.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah, it's a shame they ended Animated- it was the best one since G1/BW.

22. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Yeah, especially since ROTF wasn't that great and the comics have fallen into a rut.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I did like the ongoing reboot for the comics, though i haven' read the last few issues. But I still haven't read the pre-AHM stuff to compare it to.

24. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Then do yourself a favor and find the trades pronto. They're far better than the slop IDW's putting out now. Belive me.

25. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    The current ongoing series has been... odd, to say the least, more like annoying. I haven't bought the issues, but don't think reception has been too positive on other sites.

The earlier -tion mini-series had their problems (Devastation being the worst), but not as bad as the current ongoing. And I thought they had hit the bottom with AHM, so not exactly happy to find out their quality can get worse. Although Last Stand of the Wreckers was pretty good, still recommended, partially because it had little to nothing to do with the current strange status quo.

At first I didn't like Animated, because of the cartoon-ish style, that annoying Key/human and some of the Autobots were really annoying (well, more like one)... but huh, the other three turned out very good. They tied up most of the major storylines, but I'm semi-glad it ended where it did, as a mostly straight happy ending for most of them. As if it had lasted another season, that probably would've meant stuff like sidelining Omega Supreme again, or something else.