The transition doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SpawnofSidious, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    The OT is old. You have to accept that it, like 2001: A space oddysey, and Blade Runner, will become more dated over time. In twenty years, when even the younger members of this forum have kids, we'll look back at the effects marvels of this day (the PT, LOTR...) and think "Wow. How did I think that was amazing?"
  2. echo_seven Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Lucas is supposed to be reworking the scores for all three of the Post-Old Republic films for the 2007 release of the "Ultimate Edition" DVDs. I'm sure that will fix a lot of the perceived inconsistencies between the "trilogies". "

I am not surprised at all that there will be new additions and editing for a re-re-re release of the entire SW saga. It reminds me of that joke: What's the difference between a Star Wars Geek and a Star Trek Neard? A Star Trek Neard will only buy it once, and a SWG will buy it 5 times over.
  3. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 5
    :::It reminds me of that joke: What's the difference between a Star Wars Geek and a Star Trek Neard? A Star Trek Neard will only buy it once, and a SWG will buy it 5 times over.

But the Star Wars Geek gets to see it get *better*, every single time, so it's worth it.

Star Trek Nerds, on the other hand, are kinda stuck with it. lol
  4. zombie Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey even ST:TMP had a special edition with new effects released in the late 90's.
  5. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe they should go back and redo the original "Star Trek" series? It really doesn't fit, one could say "transition" well, technologically, into the whole "Star Trek Saga" deal, after all... lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.