main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The TRASH COMPACTOR: Debunked/Dead Rumors (Plagueis speculation does not go in this thread... yet)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 14, 2016.

1. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Where, pray tell, did you hear this?

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    just website. probably movie cinema or someone else just guessing. I see if I can find it

3. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
  4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    A whole article about a guess and lack of confirmation of that guess. OK.

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Fall of the Resistance is fake. It's a Mike Zeroh hoax.

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Mike Zeroh's a fookin' legend.

jimtalkbox likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Yeah a legend in his own house [face_laugh]

morrison85 likes this.
  8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I figured.

9. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nope. I haven't read it, but the consensus is that that's one interpretation. So not officially debunked, anyway.

11. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Nothing is official but an interesting dynamic has shaped up here. On one side we now have some serious evidence pointing him to this character in Life Debt and on the other side we have no evidence. The pendulum is definitely swinging in one direction but it's for each person to decide for themselves. Personally I don't see how anyone can read Life Debt and not come to the same conclusion. Remember it's not so much the small details and evidence we have, it's also the entire breath of the character as a whole. The guy is a Boss, a leading man with an ego the size of the Galaxy, there is no way you usurp that with little time left to introduce an entire new bad guy.

Empires End comes out in January and by then we will definitely have all of this shaped up by then. I don't see anything coming out in another publication run that could fill that gap. If there were another person for Rax to be subservient to, then you would tease that at the end of Life Debt. Just as they did with Sloane and the Mysterious Fleet Admiral at the end of Aftermath. Otherwise that would leave Wendig one book to introduce Snoke and usurp his new found power and prestige in Life Debt. I just don't see that happening at all. I see Rax transforming into Snoke as Anakin did to Lord Vader. But at this time we zero evidence for that.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    These novels take place in the year after ROTJ, tho, so there are literally decades in which Snoke could emerge from the shadows and rise to power, usurping Rax or anyone else he likes.

One major point against Rax=Snoke is because it goes this way: Mysterious unnamed fleet admiral (rampant speculation he's someone we'll recognize because he's left unnamed!)>Gallius Rax (oh, he's someone we never heard about. Strange they left him unnamed in the first book then)>Snoke (oh, so he IS someone we'd recognize, but had an alias to artificially extend the mystery...that's kinda pointless).

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    This isn't really the place for that discussion... it should go in the relevant threads.

14. GG.exe

GG.exe Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2015
    All indications suggest that Luke Skywalker will play a pivotal role in Episode VIII. However, he may not be a part of the Star Wars saga after that movie. At a recent Big Issue magazine event in London, Hamill seemed to drop a major hint about his character’s future. “I finish Episode VIII, and then I’m out of work,” said the actor, according to DenofGeek.

15. GG.exe

Dec 9, 2015
    [Update, 4/6/16: Maz Kanata’s appearance in ‘Episode VIII’ confirmed.] Star Wars: Episode VIII director Rian Johnson recently posted an image of Maz Kanata on his Tumblr account

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Just a reminder about this thread's purpose; it's not just another place to have discussions about rumors, to give updates about them with new quotes, etc. Officially debunked stuff gets listed here.

17. GG.exe

Dec 9, 2015
    I'm sorry :(

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  18. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Dra--- likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    There is nothing new in that article. Besides, this is not a discussion thread.

20. Dory Vader

Dory Vader Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 15, 2015

Speaking as a lawyer myself, I will say that he is a poorly trained lawyer if he is one. Were I to write a retraction, it would certainly be more complete and accurate. In fact, I am going to try to craft a retraction as a real lawyer would and post it here. I do not believe he is a lawyer at all.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Moviepilot once posted a bogus Boba Fett story they knew was fake and the person in charge brushed it off as an experiment in virality.

22. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    That is appalling for a site of their e-stature.

23. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    So just Ghost Yoda rumor? No Anakin or Obi-Wan?

24. Belgrave Train

Belgrave Train Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2016
    there's a rumour that LF is holding back on an Obi-Wan standalone because they're 'not done with that character yet'... personally I think we'll see at least 2 force ghosts.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    About that whole ky10rey mess he did post some pics of filming locations early on that proved to be true so that is why I guess people didn't brush him off right away. But then he started coming up with crazy stories that you would likely be reading on fanfiction.net and likely wouldn't be anything the ST would want to do if they want to get the sour taste of the prequels out of people's mouths.

I'm guessing whoever ky10rey was was just someone who lived in the vicinity of some of the filming locations and was able to get some photos of it and began running with things after that.