main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Triad Chronicles (Book III now in progress, OC's, Qui-Gon) ~~ Updated 4/11~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Force_Triad, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not__so_pcc

not__so_pcc Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2006
    Well done Ladies. Great story. I am looking forward to the next update. Some new twists I was not expecting. Kyran and Shane will be fine because they have each other. It is nice to see their friendship blossom.

I am worried about Zephir. I hope he will be okay, he is obviously hiding how badly he is injured.

(This is PrincessChattyCathy on a mafia game ban)

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    As always, you have both done a superb job. The entire time I was reading, my attention was focused full force on the story. I could literally see everything. Me'telnan as he was bandaged and then trying to get to Kyran, Kyran and Zephir going through the cupboards, Me'telnan learning he would never starve again. Wow, powerful stuff. I must say, if I had material such as this to read all the time, I would never stop reading.

Then he felt it; the gentle thrum of warm power from somewhere on the ship. His brow furrowed. It felt like nothing he had ever felt before. The Force normally didn't feel quite so ....what was the word....connected. That was the only thing he could thing of to describe it. Connected and complete -- yet still incomplete at the same time. There was an extra piece missing of something, but something was finally together as it should be. He puzzled and puzzled over how odd it felt.

Mmm, I can relate to that a bit. The feeling of a gentle thrumming, warm power. Sounds absolutely wonderful.

Thanks to the both of you for the story. I much appreciate a good book.

3. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Nice entry. I don't have a lot to say about this one. As always, enjoyed it immensely, just waiting for the next installment..... ;) (I'll be more creative next time I reply, I promise.)

4. Force_Triad

Force_Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2006
    VaderLVR Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it!

Dianethx You're very right, in that being part of the reason he was so fierce in fighting them, the other part being he protects what is his, and by coming back he claimed Kyran as his. And that much of the story hasn't changed, the character's back story remains the same from book 2 of the original there, thus the connection as you remember :) Little Ky does indeed have a lot on his plate, but he'll be able to manage it ;)

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments!

not_so_pcc Very glad we were able to throw you off, and glad you enjoyed the update ;) Their friendship blossoms indeed into something even they could never imagine ;) Zephir is indeed hiding -- don't worry the Master Healer well make sure he gets a good talking to when he gets back to the Temple about going without treatment :p ;) Thanks so much for your reply!

BultarSwan Oh goodness, you always leave the kindest reviews for us, that is just the most wonderful compliment we could ever be given , that we've created such that you can really see it the way we do :D Me'telnen indeed has a lot to learn, his entire worldview is being turned upside down. Very glad you like it :D

Lithiniel We don't insist on creativity in replying ;) We do very much appreciate the simple fact that you took time to let us know you enjoyed our little story :) Thanks so much!

Chapter Nine: Conversational Lessons

People learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what they learned the day before was wrong. ~Bill Vaughan

Kyran was coloring when the master returned. His tongue was sticking out as he concentrated happily on his picture. He leaned back a little ways to get a better view before he started coloring again.

Zephir watched him, smiling slightly, before he moved to check on Me'telnen who was curled on his side towards Kyran, only to find the little one awake when he thought him asleep. Cracked blue eyes shifted to him, but the boy didn't move as he gently reached to touch his arm, testing the heat of the child?s skin and finding it acceptable, before he then scanned him with the Force, noting the painful areas, and adding more healing to them.

Kyran carefully printed his name and then handed the picture to Me'telnen. "For you," he said theatrically.

Tired eyes shifted to Kyran and blinked slowly, before one clawed hand reached out and lightly took the picture from him. Looking it over, he smiled before glancing up to him again, gaze a bit brighter, "Th..thanks?"

"You're welcome," Kyran said, beaming, before turning his attention to his lessons. He still had to work on lessons.

//What are you doing? // once Me'telnen had started to learn how to use it, he was addicted to talking through whatever it was that connected him to Kyran.

//My lessons, // he explained as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

//Lessons? // Me'telnen understood the concept. Lessons meant learning, and when his mother still lived, she had given him such. His brother had tried to maintain that after her death, but.... Pain clenched, as his memories were shoved back in their little corner, before he started trembling again.

Kyran blinked realizing his distress and put a hand on his arm worriedly. //Are you okay? I don?t mean to make you sad. //

That warmth made him want to cry again, but he fought the urge, desperate to maintain what dignity he still had in front of his little god, //I'm fine, // he assured, trying to force something of a smile on his lips.

Kyran's head tilted a little, sensing his friend was lying. //Crying not bad. Okay to cry. I cry sometimes. //

That smile wavered a little, //Crying not for fighters. Nissan said so. //

//You not have to be fighter anymore, // Kyran said gently.

The smile died as Me'telnen looked away, //I'll always be a fighter. Nissan was, and I am. //

Kyran gave a small sigh. Someday he knew Me'telnen would see differently even if he didn't now. He merely patted his

5. Lithiniel

Jun 26, 2006
    Awww....poor, confused little munchkin... ;)

How's he gonna react when he actually sees the Temple up close and personal? hehe...

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Shane certainly is confused about things but he'll come around eventually when he sees that the Temple is just what Ky said it was. I liked the way Shane was confused, trying to fit his worldview with what Ky was saying.

Good job.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I feel so sorry for him! :_|

That made Me'telnen perk a little, //History?//

//You like history?// Kyran said glancing at him.

That earned him a little nod, before Me'telnen looked away, //I like seeing it. Past is safer then future.//

That was an odd thing to say. Kyran blinked a little, surprised.

Sensing his confusion, and expecting it, Me'telnen sighed, //Can you keep a secret?//

Kyran glanced to his friend, then at Zephir before he nodded. //If the secret's not hurting you....//

//It... it scares me,// Me'telnen admitted it softly, //Sometimes... sometimes I get these...visions, or so my brother called them. Either they happened, or they will happen.//

Poor thing! [:D]

=D=

8. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Lithiniel Really glad you asked that, because we do touch on that subject ;) But we can't give it away now can we? :D Thanks for commenting!

Dianethx He will eventually come around and realize such, but right now his entire worldview is being changed. He'll get it though, Kyran will help him :) Thanks so much for taking time to comment with how busy you are these days. We both really appreciate it! I hope your husband is mending more everyday :)

VaderLVR64 Awwww well he's been through a lot ;) He'll be better though ;) That's what Ky is for ;) Thanks for your reply!

Chapter Ten: The Past Lament

The healthy and strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it. Whether he's got an abscess on his knee or in his soul. ~Rona Barrett

Me'telnen hissed in slight pain as he moved down the unfamiliar hallway. It was dark, which meant that it was probably night time, on the ship. He had been asleep just a little while before, before a dream had woken him. At least he hoped it was a dream. Though, considering how real it felt... he knew it wasn't. Just like it never was... Shivering a little he moved on, clutching his chest, wishing his ribs would stop protesting his movements. Finally, he had to stop once he reached some odd part of the ship, where a circled chair like thing half encircled a small table. Moving towards it, he climbed slowly onto the chair thing, and huddled there, knees to his chest, arms looped about them. He had left Kyran alone because he had not wished to wake him. He would go back, once he could shove the image out of his mind. Though, he wouldn't sleep again. He knew better than to do that. The dream always came back if he did.

He didn't have to sit there alone long.

Me'telnen blinked in the dark, hearing him before he saw him. Bright eyes caught sight of the younger Master in the gloom, and he silently watched him, making no sound as he sat there, leaning back against the cushioned seat to ease the ache of his chest.

Drex regarded the boy for several long moments, wondering what he should do. He didn't know much Saren basic. He knew some. 'Are you all right, ne'?'

Me'telnen blinked a little, surprised that the Master really knew any of his language. He had struck him as not the type, and the uncertain tone confirmed that, "I all right," he stated, glad that Kyran, and Zephir had been trying to add to his limited knowledge of Basic.

It seemed easier, now that he was connected to Kyran more.

"You're not though..." he commented after a moment, eying him, seeing the worn, almost fragile look in the older man's eyes. Something he hadn't noticed before, and something he knew all too well.

Drex gave him a small smile. "I will be. You shouldn't worry about me," pausing briefly he said, "Lights on," and hobbled forward more, trying hard not to wince at the deep pain in his leg.

He had to have some tea. Zephir was in the cockpit and he didn't want to bother him. Lone had been in his dreams...again. He had seen his padawan stolen from him, and shot... but this time something different had happened than what the reality had been. Drex had been there before the deadline. They had both been captured. When Lone turned the blaster on Ren, he had lunged at Lone, trying to steal his weapon and blaster fire from the weapon had hit Ren.....

Me'telnen winced a little at the sudden brightness and his eyes squinted, blocking much of it out, "Bad dreams too?" he guessed softly, still watching, noting the limp, knowing what probably caused it. It was a common move to make against a larger opponent, to take their knees out from under them.

Drex's balance was shaky. He shouldn't have gotten up. He wouldn't make it to the sink to fill the teapot. He felt for a chair and sank into it, grunting at the effort. He reached to the Force. The pain let him know where his body was injured. It was a gift. He welcomed it and let it move through him urging the torn places to heal. When he recovered himself and the pa

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL, they are all stubborn except maybe Kyran. I liked how the two masters were supporting each other, both physically and emotionally. Poor Drex, blaming himself for Ren's death. I could imagine it must be very hard on him. And Zephir should see to his own wounds, if nothing else than to help others by being fit enough to do so.

Good job. Looking forward to more.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I felt really sorry for Drex. [:D]

Another great update! =D=

11. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Finally caught up again. Once again it did not disappoint. Those two boys make me smile. I love how they have already figured out how to talk to each other through the force. I think as adults the two of them paired together would be quite the force to reckon with. Good thing they are the good guys.

12. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I just finished catching up and I have to say that this is better than the original. It's richer, more defined, and much more detailed. I'm looking forward to seeing where you two will take us next. *cuddles the boys*

Bright

13. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Dianethx I think you'll find that even Kyran is stubborn ;) He just hasn't shown himself to be yet ;) And Drex definitely has a lot of guilt for his padawan's death, even though he shouldn't. You're very right, Zephir should take care of himself just so that he can tend to the others. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments!

VaderLVR Awww, he thanks you, he says he feels sorry for Sian too. ;) Thanks for commenting!

PrincessChattyCathy We are very glad not to disappoint :) They'll be figuring out much more to do with their bond soon, and we have lots in store for them as adults, and it's VERY good they're the good guys ;) Thanks so much for reading!

BrightFeather YAY!!! So glad to have you back! We've missed you! We're so glad this is better than the original. We've worked very hard to ensure that it is much more detailed than it's predecessor. We're looking forward to it too :D

Chapter Eleven: Thicker Than Blood

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller

One day away from Coruscant, and things were starting to go down hill. Zephir was starting to feel the effects of the stress he had been under, and the fact that he hadn't been caring for himself. He wasn't the only one that noticed, Drex had been watching him worriedly, and had finally demanded that he bring the kids to him to watch for a bit, while he got some real rest. Zephir had only agreed after Drex had stated that he was going to get up else wise.

Upon checking the boys that morning, the older Master had found Me'telnen had a small fever, which had quickly grown to a large one within a span of hours. First the boy had refused to eat, then really move, and finally all he had wished to do was sleep.

Zephir worried desperately for him, but there was so little that they could do, except give him antibiotics and a fever reducer. He had then brought the kidlings to Drex, intent on leaving Kyran with him, when Drex had refused, insisting he could make sure the sick kidling rested. Zephir finally relented, after a dizzy spell, and had gone to rest. He had only just returned to the room half an hour ago, after resting for an hour. Not as long as Drex liked, but he couldn't fight him for more.

Me'telnen was currently cuddled up in Drex's arms, covered by a blanket as he slept. His skin was flushed, but a check had revealed the fever was down a slight bit. Kyran had taken to quietly coloring on the floor, reluctant to leave his friend.

Drex was surprised that Me'telnen had climbed up into his bed almost without protest, even pleased at the notion when Zephir had suggested it to him and he glanced down at the boy curled against him. He smiled slightly, brushing a stray lock of hair away from the child's face. He only hoped the fever would go down and stay where it belonged. Zephir did not need this. He glanced over at Zephir wondering if he could make him go rest more. That hour hadn't been very long.

Me'telnen murmured in his sleep at the soft touch, his hands clenching further from where they clenched Drex's tunic. Burrowing his face into his chest, the muffled 'Ahte' went almost unheard.

Drex frowned at the word wondering what the child had said and he glanced over at Zephir. "What does ahte' mean?" he asked.

Zephir's eyes were a bit soft, and dark as he looked to the little one, who had settled again, from his restless movements, "It means father," he commented, a little tenderly.

Drex blinked in surprise at that and glanced down again at Me'telnen curled against him and held him slightly closer, his throat tightening at the word.

He sighed and eventually relaxed his grip on the boy, some part of him realizing that that wasn't a reference to him, but rather one the kidling was dreaming about with his fever.

Me'telnen whimpered a bit, unsettling as if he felt something off, and as if the slight loosing of the hold on him upset him, 'Ahte'?' he was stirring a little, trying to wake, 'Nissan?'

It took a mom

14. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Yay another good chapter ladies. I enjoyed it very much. The healer is going to be so mad at Zephir, and rightfully so. There is no need for him to work himself into a grave.

I have a favor to ask, it isn't a problem yet because their are still not a lot of pages yet but I was wondering if it would be possible for you when you send the update pm's to make the link to the page that has the latest update. As the story goes on I could see that being very helpful to me.

15. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm glad to see that Shane is finally getting his name although he might not like being renamed. It's interesting to see how you've changed the pairings - or maybe not. We'll have to see who ends up with who as master. Poor everyone. Seems almost everyone is sick but Kyran.

Good job.

16. Lithiniel

Jun 26, 2006
    Awwww..... I think Drex has been adopted. (Yeah, I know, duh.)

So far, so good. Nice to see some multidimensional SW characters, instead of the standard one dimensional fare....

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, you've created some wonderfully rich, complex characters here! Well done! =D= It's always a pleasure to see there's an update to this one. :)

18. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    PrincessChattyCathy Yep, you're absolutely right, the Healer is going to be pissed at Zephir when he gets ahold of him for not taking care of himself for no reason :p As far as your suggestion, I hadn't thought of that, but that sounds like a good idea, just remind me when we start getting to where you need them :) Thanks for commenting!

Dianethx Yes, Shane finally has his name ;) As far as the pairings -- well.. you'll just have to wait and see ;) And you're correct, Kyran is the only one who isn't sick or injured and it's because the others protected him so well, and now they're the ones ill. Thanks for your wonderful comments!

Lithiniel Yep, he has been ;) I'm very glad you think they're multi-dimensional :D We work really hard to try and make them that way :) Thanks so much for replying!

VaderLVR Coming from you that truly is a high compliment, speaking for myself, I know I really admire your work :D

Sora'sa language lesson:

Sova=always
    le=my

Chapter Twelve: Heartshifts

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

~*~

Me'telnen whimpered as he came awake. Moaning a little, he shifted, blue eyes blinking open, to find he was the only one awake. Frowning a little, he stretched, and noted how dry he felt. Resolving not to bother anyone, he gently slid off the Dark Jedi's chest, and crept almost soundlessly to the door. He vaguely remembered where the water was kept, since he had watched the Master make tea.

Moving out the door, Me'telnen had to pause for breath, one hand lightly touching his rib cage, feeling the shift of bone there.

He grimaced, pulling his hand away, and ignored the feeling of being faint. He needed water, that was more important then being sick currently.

Yet it was slow going as he used the wall to support himself, stubbornly ignoring both the pain, and fever in him, to reach the small area. He glanced around, and finally noted the small unit to the side, where he had seen the Master get water for his tea. Moving to it, he paused as he noted how high up it was, and the cabinet blocking his way. Resolved, he fluffed up his wings and proceeded to try to climb up.

Just as one hand grasped the edge of the counter, his claws slipped, causing him lose his balance, Gasping, he nearly fell, too weak to hold on with just one hand, only for someone to catch him. Wincing as it jarred his ribs, he cut off the slight cry of surprise and pain in his throat as he looked up into greenish gray eyes.

Zephir swiftly cradled him safely, 'Whatever are you doing, kidling?'

Me'telnen looked away, a little guilty for waking the Master, when even now, he could still smell sickness on him, and could see fever flush on his neck and cheeks, 'Sorry.... I was just thirsty...'

'You only needed to ask,' Zephir soothed, one trembling hand slightly brushing his locks back. The little one had given him a scare, when he had woken from his brief nap, to find him gone. It had been worse when he had seen him fall. But now that he was safe....

Seeing the fear in the Master's eyes, Me'telnen sighed, and cuddled up to his chest, 'I'm sorry... Didn't want to disturb you.'

'It's all right,' Zephir assured gently, holding him a little closer for a moment, pretending for the barest moment that this was his child, because he felt so much as if he was. But that was no longer possible. He had given him to Drex, even if Drex had not fully agreed yet. He had given him to him, because he knew he could not hold onto him, without letting go. He couldn't chain such a dear little one, the last echo of all that he cherished, to a dying heart, and a broken soul. He could have, and did in the pit of himself, love this child more then any other. But this was not, and could never be his little one. Drex was the better for him; because Drex could give him a future, where Zephir would forever bring in the past to everything that they were.

Gently, he set Me'telnen on the counter, fussing over the k

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    It was cute that Kyran was only trying to help. I could just picture him climbing up to try and get the medicine.

As for the pairings, you're hinting at something in the story.

'It's all right,' Zephir assured gently, holding him a little closer for a moment, pretending for the barest moment that this was his child, because he felt so much as if he was. But that was no longer possible. He had given him to Drex, even if Drex had not fully agreed yet. He had given him to him, because he knew he could not hold onto him, without letting go. He couldn't chain such a dear little one, the last echo of all that he cherished, to a dying heart, and a broken soul. He could have, and did in the pit of himself, love this child more then any other. But this was not, and could never be his little one. Drex was the better for him; because Drex could give him a future, where Zephir would forever bring in the past to everything that they were.

Hummmm, we shall see!

Good job.

20. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    What a good story. A very nice and welcome break from Psychology textbooks and homework.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    This was a great way to start my day! :)

A lovely story! And I can't wait to see what happens next. =D=

22. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Dianethx Of course, little Ky is adorable isn't he? ;) He just wants to help and he's the only one well enough to do so ;) Hinting? Would we do a thing like that? ;):D Thanks so much for your wonderful comments!

PrincessChattyCathy We're very glad we make for a good break ;) I bet psychology texts are boring to read if that's all you do all day ;) Here's more for you to enjoy! Thanks for your reply!

VaderLVR We're so glad it was :) Thanks for commenting!

Chapter Thirteen: Lights of Home

Where thou art - that - is Home. ~Emily Dickinson

Bright green eyes surveyed the cockpit with awe taking in all the instruments with wide eyes. Master Zephir had always come up to the cockpit to "check it" and he was sleeping, so Kyran had taken it upon himself to check the cockpit for him, however one did that.

He climbed into the pilot's seat though he didn't touch the controls.

Would anything happen to the ship if he did? He remembered Master Rixar said the ship was on something called "autopilot." Did that mean the ship flew itself? Surely he could do no harm just to touch the controls. He put his hands gingerly on them and his eyes widened even more feeling the controls move of their own accord.

He pretended he was flying it for awhile and what fun it was! He heard footsteps after a few minutes of playing and turned around to find Me'telnen standing there looking at him.

He beamed happily. "I'm flying the ship! See?"

Me'telnen nodded, saying nothing for the moment as he stood in the doorway, watching him. One hand was gingerly holding his ribs, as if to ease the slight pain there. His skin was still slightly fever flushed, and his too bright eyes still showed traces of illness. Yet, he strove to ignore it as he watched his friend, a tiny bit amused at his antics.

Kyran realized his friend's distress and he frowned slightly at him. "Feeling bad?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm fine," Me'telnen chirped, forcing his hand down as he moved into the room Looking over the controls with less then impressed eyes, he then glanced out the window. And there his eyes went wide for the moment. It wasn't that had not seen the star streaks before, the older Master had showed him before. But their beauty always captivated him for a few moments.

"Aren't they pretty?" he saw where Me'telnen's gaze was. "I like watching them."

Me'telnen nodded, tearing his eyes from them, "I do too." 'The stars were always distant on Saren...'

"I can't see the stars at home," Kyran said wistfully.

Looking to him, Me'telnen lightly tilted his head, "Dark there too?"

Kyran shook his head. "Live in the Temple," he explained. "Can't see stars there."

Me'telnen understood then, and faintly, he despaired being locked up in a cage. Even if it was a safe place, "We'll never see stars again?"

Kyran looked anxious before he said, "We have windows, but I can't see the stars cause it's too bright at home."

"Too bright?" Me'telnen echoed. He had never heard of such a thing.

"Home is a big city planet," Kyran explained. "That's all it is."

Blinking, Me'telnen's eyes widened a little at the thought, unable to picture it, having never seen a city before, except the rundown ruins of his childhood.

Kyran's head tilted curiously. "Never seen a city?" he asked picking up on his friend's thoughts. He blinked as he remembered what the city had looked like when they had left Coruscant and he tried to project the image to his friend.

Me'telnen started a bit at the image entering his mind, but didn't fight it, feeling Kyran's sense around it. It was odd, he knew it wasn't of him, yet it played in his mind as if it were of his own memories. Looking over the large world, with its millions of lights, he could only be amazed, "It's pretty..."

Kyran blinked. //You can see it?// he asked curiously.

Me'telnen nodded a little, "I can."

Kyran looked pleased with that idea and opened his mouth to say something but before he could Zephir returned to the cockpit. K

23. Lithiniel

Jun 26, 2006
    Nice entries. Too bad I can only really catch up once a week right now....

I like where this is going. Home now....the scary parts are over with...for the moment.. ;)

Can't wait to see more!

24. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Oh nicely done ladies. Nice that everyone is going to be able to get healed and taken care of. I look forward to the next update.

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting that Shane was able to relax more with Kyran around, feeding him the idea that the Temple was home. Silly Jedi, they should take advantage of the Healers. That way, they can serve the Force more easily.

Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.