main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Triad Chronicles (Book III now in progress, OC's, Qui-Gon) ~~ Updated 4/11~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Force_Triad, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force_Triad

Force_Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2006
    Dianethx Ryu is pretty creepy, isn't he? ;) Kyran certainly agrees with you :D Shane definitely does not accept love easily and as for why on Drex and Shane, here you'll find out :) Thanks for commenting!

VaderLVR64 He really does. They both need each other really :) Thanks for commenting!

PrincessChattyCathy Awwwww well we're very pleased we pricked you enough for that. As far as Ryu, he is using the Light, but you may be right about that showdown ;) Just cause someone's not pleasant to be around doesn't mean they don't use the Light :) Thanks for commenting!

Chapter Twenty-Six: Time Cannot Erase

Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Drex helped Zephir pack silently. He dearly wished Zephir was not leaving on a mission today, but an urgent matter had come up that was unavoidable. He brought an armful of fresh tunics into Zephir's room and began to fold them for his friend to put in the suitcase.

Zephir didn't look up, unhappy with the arrangement as well, wishing to stay with his friend, knowing what this day was, but having no way to amend it. The Council was adamant about this irritating affair, and were insistent that Zephir be the one to handle it.

"Well guess that's everything," Drex said as Zephir zipped up the suitcase after packing the last of the tunics. "I'll walk with you to the hangar."

"I would insist upon that," Zephir stated, looping an arm in his friend's, trying to sound light, when neither of them was.

Drex tried for a smile, but it felt hard as if his facial muscles had forgotten how and it didn't reach his eyes. "Ready when you are."

Zephir nodded, and they headed towards the door. Leaving their apartment, he lightly pressed closer, "Call me, understood?"

Drex stared at him and nodded. "I will..."

A little tighter hold, "I mean it, Drex. I'm not coming home to another..." Zephir couldn't really express it, but he knew how bad that grief could get.

Drex had pulled him off roofs during the first few years of his own haunting, and he had to pull Drex from other forms of self destruction.

An odd look flickered across Drex's face before it was quickly suppressed. "I won't do anything that bad this time, Zephir," he said softly. "I have..." He reached instinctively for the bond between him and Shane before he backed away, not wanting his grief to seep through to the child. "Duties now..." he finished.

"Perhaps you should attend to those duties," it was a soft recommendation, Zephir knew who he meant, and knew he wouldn't.

Drex shook his head. "No. Not this week. I have already made my arrangements with Master Yoda."

"It might help to be near him," a hopeless battle that he wished to fight, because he knew it would.

"He's burdened enough already with what he endured on Saren," Drex said, his voice a little sharp there. "I'm not going to add to them. He's a child and should learn to be one."

Zephir sighed softly, "He's never going to be a child, in the full meaning. He wants to help."

Drex looked away. "He should at least have some time to try."

They finally arrived at the hangar bay. Drex wondered how it was possible that they had gotten there so soon. He did not want to have to walk back alone...

Zephir finally released him, "I'll return as soon as I can."

"I know. May the Force be with you," he said as he backed away, watching as Zephir board the ramp. He continued to watch long after the ramp had closed and the ship departed. Eventually he left. His tread was heavy as he went back the way he had come.

The Master came around the corner and slowed, seeing a box outside his door at his apartment and knowing what it was. Drex closed his eyes once and swallowed thickly. He had to force himself forward to pick up the box, shaking slightly as he did so. He picked up the box and disappeared into the apartment. Retrieving a box cutter, Drex began to rip open the package. Afterwards, the scent of preserva

2. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Oh that is so sad! What cruel terrible people there are in the world. I am so glad Shane and Drex were able to pull together and support one another. I have to go cry now. :_|

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow, no wonder Drex is so messed up. He is somewhat to blame for not insisting that Ren go into healing (but only the tiniest bit) and I can see that it is killing him, especially knowing what is in the box. The vid was an extra piece of something really horrible, driving Drex deeper into despair.

Great job. You really captured the horror of it.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Heartbreaking! WOnderful job on this chapter! I think it's my favorite.

=D=

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, it's nice for Shane and Drex to have something to share, buuuuuuuutttt......they need to find something happier! There were doing much better with just food. It is nice to see that they both acknowledge their bond. :)

And that mean kid in the pool. Ugh! He's going to be nothing but trouble. [face_plain]

6. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Prologue
    Nice start. I like the bit about the grasslands on Coruscant. It gives some perspective on how long ago that scene was.
    Great counterpoint between Jerric/Merrick and Theron/Estella, dreams and visions, the same yet different.

Chapter 1
    ?He could only trust what hurt.? Oh, that?s a harsh lesson for a four YO.
    Hmmm. Seems to me you?re getting darker this go?or is it just darker faster? Either way it give me the shivers.

Chapter 2
    Little Ky is just too cute. Can he come play with my son? Pleeease.
    Hooray! Yoda actually took the time to explain to Zeph. Good for him.

Chapter 3
    ?He would not be responsible for the death of another innocent. He could not bear it.?
    Uh-oh. Poor Drex. Makes me wonder if Yoda couldn?t have handled it a little more sensitively. Two years isn?t really verylong in the grieving process?especially if guilt is involved.
    Hmm. They have to prepare Ky for Saren, but it wouldn?t do to scare him too much either. That requires a delicate hand.
    Interesting bedtime story, Zeph.

Chapter 4
    Poor kiddo, to have to encounter both the Dark Side and the worst of violence at the same time. Great description in that chapter, ladies!

Chapter 5
    ?. . . the boy that had disappeared only moments before returned, right beside Drex, his teeth well planted in the Master's arm.? Really, Drex should have seen that coming.
    Kyran is a bold little one, to stand his ground with two masters.

?A breath apart, they continued to match eye for eye. Finally, something almost like sorrow flicked across Ja'thernen's eyes, as understanding, and just a little fear flashed across Me'telnen's, before there was one last sickening sound of claws being buried into flesh.

Eyes widening, Me'telnen finally broke eye contact, as he looked down at the hand buried into his chest. Pulling it out, Ja'thernen stepped back, as he collapsed. ?
    I did not see that coming.

The fight scene was nicely done. I could see it all in my head.

I'll catch up. I will. ;)

7. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    PrincessChattyCathy There really are cruel people in the world and being in special operations and investigations, Drex knows that better than most people how cruel the galaxy is. At least they have each other to help and get over this :) Here's a few tissues ;) Keep them handy ;) Thanks for reading!

Diane Yep, that's why Drex is messed up. He has a lot of guilt for not letting Ren go into healing, but he only kept the boy with him out of love. Thanks about the vig, that scene was really difficult to write, so we're glad it came off well :) Thanks so much for your reply!

VaderLVR64 Drex is slightly worried that you think the best chapter is one where he had so much angst ;) :p He wonders just what you do to your own OC's ;) Thanks for commenting, glad you enjoyed it that much!

ardavenport Well it's not their fault the only thing they have to share is sadness ;) As far as Virote, yep, he's just going to be trouble! You can rest assured of that ;) Thanks for reading!

Ara-gon WOOOHOO look who finally made it back!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Okay had to do an insane happy dance there, we've both missed you :D Glad you're doing all right now! Let's see if we can't give you a good reply back to the one you left us ;)

Regarding the prologue, there had to be grass on Coruscant at sometime, it wasn't ALWAYS planet you know ;) That scene was several millenia ago ;) Very glad you liked that sequence :D Neon wrote that post by herself ;) so she gets the credit for it ;)

Chapter 1 - We're definitely going darker in this than the original. That was one thing we lacked in the first one was the true darkness of Saren. We spent time building it up, but never delivered there, so we're paying careful attention to details like that this time.

Chapter 2 -- Little Ky is of course free to visit ;) I'll be happy to send him over, but he gets cranky in the afternoon, so I hope your son takes a nap ;) :p

Chapter 3 -- It was rather insensitive and as you'll see when you get caught up, there's a lot of backstory and guilt there that Drex is carrying around with him. Preparing Kyran for Saren indeed was a tough job for the Masters. They can't scare him too much, but little kids tend to have short attention spans so unless the problem is right there he'll probably forget about it soon enough ;)

Chapter 4 -- The Dark Side and violence taught Kyran a lot of things and he learned a lot from the experience. Glad you liked the descript, we've been working on hard on that angle ;)

Chapter 5 -- Really, Drex probably should have, and Kyran has something prompting his boldness besides just stubbornness ;) Glad you liked the fight scene, we've worked really hard on our action scenes too :D We're improving ;)

Glad you're getting caught up! So nice to have you back on board :D [:D]

We have the post ready a little early instead of late this time, ;) So we decided to go ahead and post :)

Sora'sa language lesson: Nai=son

Chapter Twenty-Seven: They Who Hold

I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. ~Author Unknown

"Come with me for a moment, Ne," Drex's voice shook slightly. He did not want the images in Shane's mind to think that was all there was of his former padawan. The trunk he kept locked ...Shane deserved to know him. If nothing else, so he could understand. He swallowed heavily as he walked into his room and pulled a heavy trunk out of his closet.

His hands were trembling as he fiddled with the lock. He had not opened it in so long.

Watching him, curious as to what he was doing, Shane felt it was important. Gently, he settled his hands on the Master's, to calm him, and steady him.

His trembling fingers found some degree of calmness through Shane?s efforts, he did not know how the boy imparted it to him, but he was grateful he could do so. The lock clicked and Drex pulled it off carefully and opened it. He had not been able to bear packing up his padawan's things. Zephir's apprentice

8. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    YAY!! Oh that was beautiful. What heartache there is surrounding Ren's few possessions. The circle is beginning to close. We just need that final piece of the triangle. The Lone fellow, I sure would like to take a light saber to him and not be nice and forgiving about it either.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A lovely post! :D

Drex gently picked the boy up. This was too much. Shane had had enough for one day. He glanced at the chronometer and was surprised to see how late it was. "We need to get you home, kidling," he said, in a voice almost too low to hear.

Shane shook his head, curling up in his hold, ?Don't want to leave you."

Drex considered for a long moment. "But it's late, little one. I'll be all right now."

Another shake of the head, "Wanna stay with you," faded protest, but strong enough.

Drex sighed softly. "Only for tonight," he finally said. "In the morning you're going back, understand?" It was embarrassing really. He could face death without batting an eye, give orders like a military officer, and yet here he was being out argued by a five-year-old crècheling.

Shane smiled, and rested his head on Drex's shoulder, as he glanced towards the chest, again feeling those memories edge at the corners of his sensitive mind.

He carried the boy to the bed and gently put him down and tucked him in. It actually wasn't that late for him, but it was for the crèche and it was time for younglings to be asleep.

Loved that bit of interaction! =D=

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    That was so sad. I loved that he went through Ren's stuff finally and that Shane could explain some of why Ren was willing to die. It was a horrible thing but he faced it with courage.

It was cute that you showed us some of the backstory. At least, Ren got to meet one of the triad and knew he was on the right course.

Good job. Looking forward to more.

11. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I've been reading on FFN, where the alerts are currently down... again. These last two chapters are just heartbreaking. Much, much better than the originals, you two. I love how you've incorporated Ren into the overall plot of the story. It's much more seamless now. Looking forward to the next update.

Bright

12. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    PrincessChattyCathy There really is, Drex locked them all away, unable to bear looking at them, so he never even found Ren's recording... as far as the final piece of the triangle, well here you go ;) As far as Lone, I think Drex agrees with you, though he wants to slowly skin him alive with his. :D Thanks for commenting!

VaderLVR64 Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

Dianethx He really did face it bravely didn't he? He would not have done half so well without Shane's help, he really has a hard time. As far as Ren, we couldn't let him die for nothing, after all ;) Here's more for you, thanks for commenting!

BrightFeather Heartbreaking was what we had in mind and we're glad we're doing better and not worse ;) Very glad it worked so nicely as we were rather nervous about putting him in, but it fits in with the overall scope that this triad has been planned for a long time. Here's the next update! Thanks for reviewing!

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Home of the Soul

I simply believe that some part of the human Self or Soul is not subject to the laws of space and time. ~Carl Jung

One Year Later

The garden was bathed in an ethereal light around their spot, but neither Kyran nor Shane seemed to pay much attention to that fact. In fact, six-year-old Kyran was happily tossing stones in the lake, skipping them as he'd been taught when they both heard his laughter. "Nissan! Ky! Here I am!" the voice chirped.

Kyran turned to see a small boy, stumble out of the undergrowth, twigs in his hair and dirt on his Jedi clothes. "Well it's about time," he teased, as the child came over to stand beside him. He ruffled his youngest bondmate's hair making the little one smile.

"What are you doing, Nissan?" the child asked. He was looking at Shane now, wondering what he was up to with the bookchip in his hands.

Shane smiled as he looked up, and set it aside, "Merely reading, Qui-Gon," he opened his arms, and offered his lap to his little one.

"What are you reading?" the youngling peered at his materials and climbed into Shane's lap eagerly.

Shane cuddled him close, glancing to it himself as if to remind himself what he had been studying, "Our destiny," he finally said, looking down into clear blue eyes, brighter then stars.

Qui-Gon wrinkled his nose slightly. "Destiny?" he repeated the big word. "Why would you study something like that? You should pay attention to me," he said matter-of-factly.

Brushing a hand through the youngling's earthen brown hair, Shane smiled indulgently, "Of course, Nihan."

"Nissan," Qui-Gon murmured. "When are you coming to find me? I need you and Ky. I want to be with you more than just here."

"Soon," Shane could feel it would be soon, when they would be united in full.

"But when," he scowled slightly. "I want to be there now," he pouted. "It's not the same without you and Ky."

Shane gathered him closer, "I know. But some things can't be rushed. You kept us waiting, Nihan," he lightly nuzzled his cheek.

"Not on purpose," he protested. He cooed as Shane nuzzled his cheek. "Will you come find me or do I come to you?" he asked.

"We'll see what the Force wants," was the only answer Shane could give.

"You couldn't be anymore vague than that could you, Shane?" Kyran's voice sounded amused at that answer as he ruffled his youngest bondmate's hair seeing him pout.

Shane shrugged, "It's the only answer the Force will give me."

Qui-Gon was thoughtful at that. "Nissan," he said cuddling with Shane more. "Will you sing instead then, while I wait?" he asked hopefully.

Shane blinked, a little surprised for some reason at the request, before he nodded, "Of course, Nihan. What do you wish to hear?"

"I don't know, just a song? I like your voice," he put his thumb in his mouth. "It sounds nice."

Shane smiled a little at that, "All right, I think I know something," ruffling through his memories, he felt the right song to sing, and gently, he began to do so.

Qui-Gon's eyes drifted closed as Shane sang

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, it doesn't sound like a good idea to have the third piece if it's going to make them unconscious. I bet the Masters aren't going to be very happy about it when they do wake up. Of course, they don't really have much of a choice. Qui-Gon sounds adorable! I bet he was too, but a mischief maker...

Good job.

14. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    I don't like them sleeping so completely. They are missing meals and water. They could become weak.

I am very excited to see a young Qui-Gon though. The triangle is complete.

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    The weight of destiny is stomping all over everyone it seems. Poor Ren. And now Qui-Gon has turned up. Finally. :) Third piece and all, but what's up with Kyran and Shane now? [face_thinking]

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm glad to see Qui-Gon in the mix. But I wonder what will happen next? [face_thinking]

=D=

17. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    Ch. 7

I love the light banter between Drex and Zeph. It speaks of their long years of friendship so simply. And I?m guessing this conversation is simply a variant of one they?ve had numerous times before.

This chapter was a lovely contrast between two friendships?one old, established and tested?the other new, shiny and strong?both lovely.

Ch. 8

Leave my head swirling, will ya?? Yep, that?s a good thing. Implications galore.

Ch. 9

Leaps and bound of progress for Me??some adults are nice, Jedi are a family and give you food, there are safe places in the world where people don?t get hurt often. But, poor thing, he still has so far to go!

Ch. 10

Those (funny) lines in Ch. 9 about Drex being creepy were a great set-up for the interaction between Me? and Drex in this chapter. I would swear those two looked downright conspiratorial when Zeph discovered them both awake.

Interesting. Me? learns that his venom can be used to good cause. Now to realize that the Force can too . . .

18. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    I was remiss. Thank you muchly for the wonderful welcome back. [:D] It?s great to be back and was nice to be missed.

Ch. 11
    I enjoyed the process of choosing the name Shane. Liked the bit about his responding to it even while asleep.

Ch. 12
    Ah! I get it! [face_idea] ::bounces happily:: The name change?it?s almost Biblical. The new name is much more than just a new name?it?s a new birthright, a new future, a better path, better because it has a higher purpose, not necessarily because it?s easier.

Ch. 13
    I loved Shane?s reaction to the Temple . . . and so much Light . . . and Yoda!

Sehan. ::glares:: Why is he there?

Ch. 14
    Han?yaie?s had some experience with stubborn Jedi, hasn?t he? :p It cracks me up that he drugged Zeph and threatened to sedate Drex.

I?m with Zeph on the name change. Better to cloak any family associations with the Sith.

Hmm. Division on the Council? Hmmm. Not so good, all things considered. Heck, it?s not good if nothing?s considered!

19. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Dianethx As you'll see, there's a reason why they fell unconscious ;) No the masters aren't happy about it, but they don't have much choice in the matter, really. Of course he's adorable, he's baby Qui-Gon [face_love] Who would not find him adorable? :D Thanks for commenting!

PrincessChattyCathy They have a good reason for it, you'll see :) It most certainly is complete :D Thanks for your comments!

ardavenport Indeed, destiny is a heavy burden. As far as what's up with Ky and Shane, stick around and find out! Thanks for reviewing!

VaderLVR You'll just have to wait and see! Thanks for your reply!

Ara-gon Oh goodness such nice reviews!! We'll see if we can be just as thorough in the reply.

Chapter 7: Glad you enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun to write :)

Chapter 8: Always happy to be of service ;) We like making our readers think :D

Chapter 9: He really does have a way to go, he doesn't understand at all, but he will :)

Chapter 10: Drex would like it known that it's the only way to get through Zephir's thick head :p Indeed, he'll see the Force can be good as well ;)

Of course we missed you with such nice replies you always left us :D We were very happy to see you return :)

Chapter 11: Thanks! It took awhile to figure out how to best show that, so we're glad it worked :D

Chapter 12: Nice comparison there, it really is almost Biblical. Shane has a destiny to fulfill indeed :D

Chapter 13: It was cute ;) As far as Sehan, he just put in an obligatory appearance. That is his former apprentice, Zephir is. ;)

Chapter 14: Poor Han'yaie had had enough trouble with Drex and he didn't feel like arguing with Zephir who could be even more stubborn :p Have to feel bad for the poor healer. Division on the Council regarding the bond is definitely not good, but you'll just have to see how it ends up later ;)

Everyone: Sorry we haven't had a post in a few weeks. Darth Real Life made posting on this impossible.

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Light of Unity

So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth. ~Bahá'u'lláh

Drex paced in the Healer's waiting room. At the wishes of the Council and the Crèche Masters, he and Zephir had taken Kyran and Shane to the Healers. He was hoping things would be all right, but he had a gut feeling Han'yaie would find nothing wrong. He had never been one to wait patiently though, so he paced there by the hour after hour. He and Zephir had not left the Healer's Wing the entire day and it was nearing sundown, though Zephir was not pacing the floor. How his friend had infinite amounts of patience waiting, he did not know.

Sighing a little, gray eyes raised from their meditative watch of the floor, to look up at his old friend. "Drex, you do not help them by wearing yourself out pacing. Han'yaie will inform us when he has news."

Drex gave him a small smile. "You know I've never been good at waiting. And I'm not wearing myself out; I'm going at a slow pace."

"You've been doing it for hours. Sit down," it was a light order.

"Or you'll what?" came Drex's reply in the same tone, a glint of amusement in his eyes.

Zephir raised an eyebrow, as if daring him, promising much with just a look, "Let us not find out. Sit down."

Drex shook his head slightly, his brows furrowing as he became more serious. "I'd rather not, Zephir."

Almost as if on cue Han'yaie entered the waiting area. Drex tensed a little seeing the Master Healer. "Well?" he said impatiently, not waiting on Han'yaie for news.

"Medically I think they're completely healthy. We've run every test we can to make sure that there's no underlying issues physically. The only other explanation is psychological or something to do with the bond as to why they're still sleeping. I don't think there's anything we can do about this but wait for them to awaken."

"And if they don't?" Drex couldn't help but ask.

"Then we'll do more extensive psychological testing, but I would not start worrying about

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, Qui-Gon's arrived. I liked that you had Dooku find Qui-Gon. It was sad,though that his whole family died but at least he was protected through the triad. I liked that the healers were willing to allow Shane and Ky to be together while they slept.

Good job.

21. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Nice update ladies. It is always nice to see a familar name join the story with Dooku finding baby Qui-gon. The boys are safe and awake, that makes me happy. I can see the little ones holding the baby and being in awe. Very sweet.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Dooku found Qui-Gon! [face_love]

=D=

23. Ara-gon

Dec 31, 2005
    Ch. 15

Very interesting that this AU Yoda is willing to act on visions. I had always thought that the Jedi discouraged that, I guess from Obi?s ?Dreams fade in time? line.

Whew! Yoda senses the growing darkness. I?m so relieved!

The Jedi need to learn of love in order to survive? Is Merrick talking about more than just the general compassion-for-all that we saw in the movies? Verrry interesting.

Ch. 16

A second mention of loyalty. Do I see a theme emerging, perhaps?

Ch. 17

So a Senator appears in this edition. Good! The Senate needs such as she, especially at such a time. Ooo?and a Saren religious figure. She?s one busy lady. Is she Zeph?s mother, or is that more a figure of speech related to her religious role?

Ch. 18

A lovely piece of Shane/Drex bonding. I was so relieved that he told Drex about the visions. Those visions are far too heavy a load for such a little one to carry alone. And Drex did a great job explaining about the Light and Dark side of the Force to the lad.

24. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Hey!

I wanted to let you both know how AMAZING this story is. A couple months ago I spent a month reading both Book 1 and Book 2 of Days Like These and they were completely awesome! I love Kyran and Shane! Lil' Qui is so cute! Anyways school got in the way and now I'm playing catch up on this. It's great so far! You've both greatly improved with descriptions and such since you wrote the original book 1. It's really cool to see how much you've improved! Keep up the great work!

Take Care,
    C1-J2

25. Force_Triad

May 20, 2006
    Dianethx Yes, Qui-Gon most definitely has arrived on the scene ;) Poor baby isn't alone thanks to Kyran and Shane -- he can't die yet, he's too important ;) Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for your comments :D We always look forward to them :D

PrincessChattyCathy We're finally getting some canon characters, took us long enough, but we made it ;) We're glad the boys are safe too ;) Thanks so much for your wonderful comments :D

VaderLVR He sure did ;)

Ara-gon That's where the Jedi screwed up :p They were being given visions of what would happen if they did nothing -- they can't very well do the same thing here, or can they? :p General compassion for all, no, Merrick is talking about Anakin / Padme attachment type love. There is value in friendships and love. The Jedi have lost that value.

Chapter 16 -- You might just be seeing a theme ;) We have lots of them ;)

Chapter 17 -- I think Zephir just fainted ;) He's not even of her species ;) But she is very much needed at this time :D

Chapter 18 -- They really are, and his visions and his tendency to keep them to himself could eventually get him in trouble. Drex was trying hard, he understands more than a lot of Jedi do because of where he's been and what all he's seen.

Thanks for your wonderful comments hon!

C1_J2 Oh goodness, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know! We both thoroughly appreciate it! Really sorry we didn't have any updates for so long, but maybe it allowed you time to get caught up? ;) Thanks so much for your encouraging words! We both were so thrilled to see your review! [:D]

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay in posting everyone. Life got really crazy with our schedules and then we both had a really bad case of writer's block for awhile, but we're over it I think, so if scheduling cooperates we should be good. We'll just have to wait and see :p This chapter also ends the first book and section in this series. The next book/section will be started on Thursday and we'll be keeping this same thread. We might alter the title to reflect, we might not, we haven't decided yet. Just letting you guys know :D Sorry things have been so crazy. With travel for me, work for Neon, hubby having a kidney stone in between, it's been rough, but life has settled down now for the most part. Thanks for being so patient!

On with the post!

Chapter Thirty: The Die Has Been Cast

No man ever wetted clay and then left it, as if there would be bricks by chance and fortune. ~Plutarch

The tap tap of a gimer stick went unnoticed as the small Master watched from the observation window of the nursery in the crèche. There in that room laid the Key to the Order's fate, be it kind or harsh. The triad was completed at last physically as well as mentally.

He could not hear what they spoke as the glass to the observation room was soundproof as the nursery could be loud at times with the sounds of the children. It was here that many a knight and master studied future padawans for here masters and knights could observe without being seen or sensed by those on the other side.

He studied the triad as Callister very gently rocked his youngest bondmate in his arms. Kyran was jammed into the rocking chair next to Callister, determined to be close to both bondmates and not be left to stand alone.

He had played a large role in bringing the triad together.

Had he done the right thing?

At times even he questioned his own judgment in what he had done in participating in uniting them. He had suggested that Yan Dooku go on the mission that had resulted in finding Qui-Gon and he had sent Kyran to Saren even as an initiate. The Master knew that even now Kyran still had nightmares of the Darkness he had sensed on Saren. They didn't come as often now as they had soon after being there, but they were there. Yoda knew without Kyran going along, Shane would not have trusted Zephir or Rixar.

Would the Force have brought them together in some other way i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.