1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Trial of President Yarlick...WOTGII-COTT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Wildwookiee, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: FID told me to post his plea. This is on his orders.

IC (FID):

Yarlik stood and addressed the judge panel.

"The defendant pleads not guilty to all charges." he said.

"Entered into the Record. You may be seated." Darth Attourney responded. Yarlik sat down. Gauging reactions, he saw that at least a few had expected him to give a guilty plea.

But the judges remained impassive, a sign of total impartialness.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    "The Imperial Head judge wishes to hear all the charges against the defendant before we summon any witnesses."
  3. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    ...the charges are as follows

1)Conduct Unbecomming an officer

2)Attacking a ship under the flag of truce

3)Humanitarian crimes against one General Zaarin, throught torture

4)Obstruction of Justice

4. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Waiting until the charges were read, Zaarin activated his microphone. "I have evidence to present to the court." he said, gesturing to Kirtan, who held up a large shard of metal with the word 'Tiger' written on it. "If the judges would send medical droids to survey my injuries?" the Caridan said.
  5. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There will be a time for the presentation of relevant evidence, Zaarin. Until then, silence yourself.

We will now hear the openning arguements from the parties involved....with the Prosecution to begin. Who represents Zaarin and the Galactic Empire in this matter?
  6. BobaMyHelperMonkey Jedi Knight

star 1
    As a silence reveberates throughout the room at Darth Attorney's words, A small monkey wearing an Imperial intelligence Uniform bounds in.

Hmm...Oikday, I fink i be the best choice for prosecution team member, okiday?

Mabe...Director Lavos give me reccomendation? Eh? Zaarin, you want me to represent you?

Monkey passes time waiting for answer by through pooh at Yuuzhan Vong...until he notices Nithrak. He then apologises, and goes to stroke the Warmaster.
  7. nithrak_tewl Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Nithrak wasn't there, but that's easily rectified.

IC:

Nithrak swept into the Yuuzhan Vong box to a chorus of murmurs from around the courtroom. Being somewhat removed from the proceedings didn't mean his entrance went unnoticed.

A glare sent the infidel troops back a few paces, and Nithrak settled into his chair. He exchanged glances with a number of infidels around the room. The Emperor, Director Lavos, and many others whom he knew by reputation only.

In Lavos' eyes there was a mischevious look, one that made Nithrak uncomfortable. He could never be considered totally unarmed, with his various implants, but his weapons had been confiscated like the rest of them...supposedly anyway. Was Lavos up to something?

When isn't he up to something thought Nithrak to himself.

Darth Attorney shot a heavily annoyed glare at the Warmaster.

"My apologies your honor, my tardiness is inexcusable. Forgive my curiosity but I so desired to experience this aspect of your wonderful...culture. You have my word that no further interruptions will be caused by the Yuuzhan Vong."

Nithrak turned to see Boba climb into his lap and begin patting his head.
  8. Warlord_Ken Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I wondered how Nithrak got to Eriadu so quickly...

9. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: ...and why there not getting there butts kicked by the Empire and the Rebels in the court room.
  10. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    bterrik was worried now. With the trial going on, and the three most powerful people in the courtroom at once, he feared the worst.

Even worse, the Yuzzhan Vong warmaster was now here. bterrik hit a switch and keyed in a secure message for sharpshooters to be admitted to the area, one for each Vong, three for the Warmaster. He also ordered that any other admittances were to go through one of the judges. They would allow most people in, but they needed to see who it was first.

Now bterrik felt much better and turned his full attention to the trial.
  11. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:Dathomir

Colonel Baron Fel shook his head.What was the Warmaster doing there.The infidels would probably kill him,and if that happened power would shift to the Warleader who was currently on Coruscant evading capture.It could cause a power struggle here on Dathomir.If that happened Fel would make sure he would end up on top.

He then turned to see all the high ranking infidels sitting there like idiots.Fel would give anything to be there slaughtering the infidels,bathing in their blood.But we would have to put his thoughts away,such thoughts could cloud his mind in combat.Fel thought about this,while the infidels were droning on and on.....

OOC:Hang him already !!!!
  12. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    //sighs at the hopeless incompetence of these Force-detached heathens....//

If the Galactic Empire does not offer a Prosecutor and opening arguement to this court soon, I am going to move for a Declaration of Mistrial which will result in the the accused, President Yarlic of the Rebel Alliance, being set free as his guilt is yet to be proven.

[face_plain]
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    OOC: Alright, here's what I'm going to do. Since I most likely cannot be the prosecution and the judge at the same time, I'll use my sock: GrandAdmiralYsalamiri. GrandAdmiralJello will still be the unbiased judge.

I will ask Boba to be his assistant.
  14. GrndAdmiralYsalamiri Jedi Padawan

A small ysalamiri enters the chamber. It is very comical, and would've instantly been dismissed had a group of elite stormtroopers held a loose guard behind it.

The ysalamiri, being the only sentient species of its kind, knew not to block the Force in the presense of Darth Attorney. It still could not speak Basic, and was forced to lie on the shoulders of a human translator.

"Greetings honored members of the Tribunal. I am Mr. Miri, representing the Imperial prosecution in this trial. Now, as you all know, the Galactic Empire was founded on the principles of the Old Republic. When the Yuuzhan Vong invaded, both the Rebellion and the Empire put aside their ideological differences and fought for the safetly of the galaxy from these brutal aliens..." The ysalamiri risked a glance at the Warmaster.

"When the Imperial officer, General Zaarin, went to the planet Eriadu, he was attacked and abducted. His ship, the Tiger was destroyed by Rebel forces under the orders of President Yarlik. General Zaarin was then taken and tortured. Further information on the matter will come from the witnesses."

"Our charges are: 1.) Violation of a galactic treaty. 2.) Attacking of an Imperial officer on sovereign Imperial territory--being that he was traveling under a flag of truce. 3.) Inhumanity. 4.) He is unfit to rule a government."

OOC: I think that was what I was supposed to say. My homework has kind of drained my brains, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?
  15. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    OOC: Im here to defend myself, let's get this trial on. :D
  16. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So be it, Mr. President.

The Defence has the floor for it's opening statements.
  17. Warlord_Ken Jedi Master

star 4
    "Wait a minute, sovereign Imperial territory? Could you clarify, Mr. Miri?" Warlord Ken asked.

OOC: Am I allowed to just ask questions like that during trial? Or should I raise my hand or something?
  18. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    OOC: These are still the opening arguements, where the representitives for the parties state what they want to do and what they hope to (dis)prove etc. All of the questions should be asked when the evidence/witnesses are presented, W_K.

:)
  19. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Is anyone going to defend FID? If not, I can have my sock, Lando_the_Pimp be the defense attorney.
  20. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    F_I_D says he can defend himself but to speed things along, any help here would be hot Fluke. Everyone seems to have lost interest already....... [face_plain]
  21. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    Captain Fairdream and High Gener C'mano watched the procceedings with interest. It is amazing what the imperials could do with their bio engineering, or whatver they had done to make an yislarmi to be such a smart creature as a lawyer the monkey lizard seemed to much like a Gurrwen from Ansion though...
    How unfortunate that we had no knowledge of this... Tyers was slacking off obviousely. Perhaps if he had known, he would be able to help his old friend.
    "Such interesting procceedings they have here. I can even see snypers... snipers on some of the empty balconies. Captain, order a group of CSA troopers to come down... and make sure they stay outside of the "courthouse, just in case something gets ugly. And turn on your nav beacon in case we get sepperated."
  22. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    OOC: No, I haven't lost interest. It is just that I've been in school over twelve hours. Then I get to come home to three hours of English homework... and I still haven't done my homework for all my other classes yet.

Veng: I don't think that my guards will miss slugthrowers. But anyway, isn't the trial closed to all those not involved?
  24. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    There, then, I changed it :D
  25. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    OOC: F_I_D says he can defend himself but to speed things along, any help here would be hot Fluke. Everyone seems to have lost interest already.......

I worded it wrong. Not that I'll be my lawyer, but that I'll defend my actions. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.