main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The trip to the Mecca of all Star Wars collecting... Sansweet's Collection trip

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn_72

Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Totally. I will be there in Davis. All you have to do is name the place and time. We can be there. Should I bring anything?

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Just bring your cameras .... digital and video .... Steve said cameras were good

3. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow... looks like I made this in time.
    I would like to go.

If you are going to San Fran from Davis.
    Can I be picked up in Fairfield? I live close to the 80.???

Let me know!
    Thanks

4. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    WOW!

This is one of those events that even I would climb out of my cave for! It's too bad i'll be busy playing coach on that day. Have fun to all of you who get to go and take loads of pics!

bigdigs

5. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    It sucks I can't join you cause I really need to talk to both of them about the Line too.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    BigDigs!!!!!!!!!!

How ya been man!!?? Long time no see!!! What have you been up to?? Where have you been!!!???

Well KR we know you have important responsibilities down there. So, we will make sure we take lots of pics and video, and PM me your address and I will send you copies of all.

7. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    name drop Peter Genovese for me too. Steve knows him well.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  9. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Strange Dreams bring interesting things.

I had a dream last night that we had a tour of Skywalker Ranch....but it was really goofy.

Devin and a few others went in costume, and GL was quite the prankster.

First he said we can't use any camera's of our own and handed us special lucasfilm cameras..I can only guess this part was in the dream because I fell alseep watching Memento.

we go to the side of the main house and there's this series of holograms, like a fight training program...freakin weird.

One of them is a fighting Yoda I throw my camera to LDV and I do this full on cheesy action hero roll up on yoda and I have a pretend dual with yoda and I when I'm done you guys are all looking at me like I'm nuts (nothing new) I ask if LDV can photo shop a light saber in for me (I didn;t have one) and He's like "yeah I guess"

the group seems pretty unthrilled by my actions and we move on. I remember thinking "Dudes this is the dream trip...what's up with you guys?"

A walk around but GL doesn't show us anything interesting or even Star Wars related it's like a house and gardens tour.

at one point I get seperated from the tour and I'm wandering the house alone.

not wanting to get caught and thrown out I stick to the shadows and as I'm going down this slippery bricked curve I decide it would be better if I use the rafters above me for unseen travel....along the way I find a goat that can't keep on it's feet to go up and keeps falling and sliding.

At this point I'm like ok Why in the name of Jebus does GL have a goat in here?

I decide I better find the tour and get back before I'm missed.

I find my way to the kitchen where I decide...Hey I gotta see what Gl's got in the fridge. (how could I not?) nothing special...I'm about to grab a snack when I hear the rest of the tour nearby.

I slip back into the group where one bad thing happens after another I knock down a picture frame on teh wall and it busts, I trip and fall flat on my face...it goes on like this.

Afterwards GL is laughing his head off and the rest of the group is too.

That's when I'm told this is all a joke, and a set up. Everything I broke or messed up was part of some Punk style prank and I've been filmed through all of it.

Then GL says ok, funs over and the real tour is about to start complete with a special viewing of ROTS rough cut.

He never explains the whole goat thing though.

>>>Ok clearly I've been thinking about our sansweet tour wayyyy too much and I should not eat a slice of pizza so close to bed time....and I should seek counciling.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Wow .... dude, you need a nap real bad during the daytimes!!

11. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Sleep is for the weak.

I don't know what happens, I just never get to bed at a decent hour, sleep is something nearly strange to me.

I'm planning a nap tomorrow, I'm staying in for the weekend as I save money for Wonder-con so I'm not doing much till then (Mecca Visit aside)

12. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    note to self: bring a leash for Poolio to keep him from wandering off

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ And we need to warn Sansweet to hide his goats. ;)

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    A leash...again hawkgirl? Letting you fetish side slip again.

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Goats? Nobody said anything before about there being goats [face_love]

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Have fun you, guys! I won't ruin it for you, but the WAY Steve shows you his stuff will make you wet your pants! Don't forget to sign his guest book, as well as take a group pic in front of the "Rancho Obi-Wan" sign, and send it to him, like we did. Oh, and say hi to his dog, Luka for us! Bring pics to WonderCon!

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thanks Matt!

Okay then ....

RSVPs ARE NOW CLOSED!

The list of people going are:

Lord_Darth_Vader

Deadpool

qui-gundi_15

TionneHawk

Pash_Cr

Mara_Jade_Fan

Thrawn_72

ShasaWaterwalker

SithLordBryJaTomarr

Look over the list, make sure your name is there. If not, you have a 24 hour grace period to PM me with your name and I will add you to the list.

We will make arrangements to meet in Davis for the caravan down to Steves place.

The time to be at Steves is 2PM on February 13th. To be included in the tour, we must all meet in Davis.

18. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    right on big buddy.

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    And Cat
    so far as I know she's still down.

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Ok, there is a development which may make it possible for me to come up for this....

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, a new "updated" list of people going on the tour...

RSVPs of the list of people going are:

Lord_Darth_Vader

Deadpool

qui-gundi_15

TionneHawk

Pash_Cr

Mara_Jade_Fan

Thrawn_72

ShasaWaterwalker

SithLordBryJaTomarr

Cat

Kessel Runner (possibly) via PM

Ok, that's it ... we are set

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I had a thought.

We could buy some Sac Valley Rogue Shirts as a thank you gift for Steve, Mary and he Flanneled One Himeself (Lucas not KR).

At our store. 3 of the most basic shirts would cost us about 50.00 total with shipping.

http://www.cafepress.com/rogueforce

Split the cost between all of us going to the tour and that aint much at all.

I was planning on placing an order for a shirt for myself like soon (late today) so I can have it before the tour.

Let me know fast and I'll make the order.

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    You mean you aren't going to buy Mary the thong? [face_devil] [face_laugh]

And don't forget Steve's dog ;)

Hmmmm, I should send up a Sith Broad Squad shirt for Mary. [face_thinking]

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    The thought had actually come to mind about the thong...just as a funny joke...but I think for now we should go with the shirt.

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.