The trip to the Mecca of all Star Wars collecting... Sansweet's Collection trip

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok here is the latest ...

Deadpoop is going to explain where to meet in Davis. He has a place picked out. Plan on meeting there at 11:15-30AM.

For those in Fairfield, we will meet up by the stop sign in front of the Honda dealership at the Automall at 11:50-12:00PM

I will have printed directions to Rancho Obi-Wan for everyone when we meet.

Bring your cell phones as well.

I would like to have a head count again, so we can be sure who is going.

So if everyone who I have PM'd with and who had made it in before the deadline could post a yay or nay, I would appreciate it.

-Yay
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Of course you know I'm coming, you have to pick me up at the airport at 10:04am on Sunday! Don't forget, cause I have no clue where I am going :p
  3. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah! I'm also a 'Yay'!
    I'm leaving by car tomorrow (Friday). So I need precise coordinates of our meeting place, including a contact cel number for whomever I can call, if necessary. I can also provide my number. I'm staying in Sacramento on Saturday night. So I just need to know where to go from there on Sunday. Please advise. Thanks.
  4. SithLordBryJaTomarr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! We live in Fairfield, so we will meet you at the Automall. Does anyone know if cameras and video cameras are allowed? I'd like to take pictures and tape this!
  5. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Yay!"
    My cell phone is in the process of changing carriers. The number will not change (for those of you who have it) but I am still waiting for the new phone, so there may be no way to reach me. You can count on me to be at the meeting place before or at the meet time.

I will be leaving tomorrow morning at 7 am.

Edit: Yes, pictures and cameras are encouraged. Plus we want to remember who was there :D
  6. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    if you are going to try and get ahold of anyone the person you most likey need is devin.
  7. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    maybe you could bring a photo of me with you so it looks like I"m there....I will be in spirit, just like Obi Wan.

Someone give me a call from there. I'll be in Disneyland showing an Aussie around there for the first time.
  8. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think we are going to meet at the Albertsons in Davis. it's a place we can leave cars and not worry.

My only other Idea is to meet up in Vacaville at the outlets and leave the cars there.

for people in Fairfield, it's not too big a deal to do a fly buy to pick up a few straglers.

Devin what do you think?
  9. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok for those coming to Davis to meet ... here is the directions from Sacramento ...

Take I80 West to Highway 113 in Davis. Take Hwy 113 North to Covell Blvd. Take Covell Blvd East to Anderson Rd. Take Anderson Rd south to 1900 Anderson Rd - the Albertsons parking lot.

For those who need a map ...

map
  10. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Where do the people meeting in Fairfield meet up? What address and do you have directions coming from the West? It looks like it is closer for anybody coming from San Francisco to go to Fairfield. Erik, Oscar_the_Gungan, is already in San Francisco, and I promised I would call him with directions to the meeting location, and times.
  11. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    YAY oh YAY!

In Fairfield, From the West take the Abernathy exit. (Like you are going to Budwiser)

You'll see the Auto Mall on your right. Drive the the front on Auto Mall Parkway. Almost to the end is Honda. The side road is Raliegh. I'll be at Auto Mall Parkway and Raliegh...waiting for my ride.

PM me if you want better directions.

Here is an address:
    2459 Auto Mall Pkwy, Fairfield, CA 94533
  12. Thrawn_72 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Yay" I will see you there!
  13. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **sigh** this is turning out to be a logistical nightmare
  14. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yes yes it is.

Ok lets just try and take this one step at a time.

Phase one: LDV and crew get to Davis.

Phase Two:
    LDV Crew and Deadpool crew hook up in Davis.

Phase Three:
    We arrive in Fairfield to hook up with Crew # 3

Phase four:
    We get under way to Rancho Obi One.

LDV call my cell. I'm offline from here till the morning.

I'll leave it up to LDV to set times for the people in Fairfield to be there. Because of all the stops and what not.

I'll say this when we roll through anyone not there at the appointed dust off time from fairfield gets left behind. We all want to arrive together which is why the convoy was required.

15. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought the times were once posted here.

Anyway I will be by Honda at about 11:30 from what I remember.

I will be wearing a red jacket and standing out there or sitting in an older Silver F250 truck.
  16. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now this has been a great day!

I've been going through my pictures, and I'm seeing things I didn't see while I was there! :eek:

Just details I was too busy to see before.
  17. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wow I am so tired. Dreams of rooms full of toys dancing through my mind all night.

I cannot wait to see all the pics from all the other cameras. I fill my memory card yesterday and could have filled another with ease.

My thanks to Steve and Mary and all the people at Rachno Obi Wan.
    and to LDV and Hawkgirl for helping set that up.

18. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    loved it loved it loved it. that was the best thing in entire life. devin thank sansweet for that wonderfull once in a life time oppertunity.
  19. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am.
  20. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here are the 100+ pics I took yesterday. Can those of you who went, also post your pics on the SDSWS thread and the Idaho Falls FF thread? Thanks!

Thanks to Devin for organizing this cool event and letting some of us outsiders crash it. We'll have to invite you guys down on our next trip out to Jabba's Sail Barge or Death Valley. :D

EDIT: link removed by request
  21. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I use to live in Death Valley. NO not with the Manson family (sadly it wouldn;t be a shock if that was the case)

I would love to visit S.D, never been and I want to take Smegol to swim with the Dolphins at seaworld.

Great pics.

Did anyone notice Steve's Collection of Fanfilm Dvd's? I got a pic of it but it's hard to read the titles. They were at the entrance to his libary on the top row to the right.

22. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I didn't see the fanfilm DVDs.. how cool!

My youngest daughter swam with the dolphins at Sea World once, she had a blast. Next time, all of us will do it.
  23. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I go to Sea World at least a couple of times a year.
  24. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    in a strange note I don;t know where else to put.

I got a package in the mail it's from the film Pr peeps.

It's a promo pack for "Alone in the Dark".

I got 40 or so of those mountain climber rope clip thingys that are also flashlights (and say Alone in the dark)

and like 4 billion Alone in the dark promo buttons.

Ok.....not sure what to do with this stuff, but I'll think of something.

(I'll bring some to wonder con if anyone wants one)

The strange part is THEY didn't send me passes for the film when it was screening.

*mails Steve 400 Alone in the Dark Buttons.

This pic

EDIT: link removed by request

looks like Steve is saying

"Hey Deadpool back away from my erotic star wars fan stories!!"
    *it should be noted that Steve does not HAVE any star wars erotic fan stories...that I'm aware of.

25. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was so much fun!!! Iam not home yet so I don't have pics to upload, but there will be soon.

Thanks Devin for the ride and setting this up.See! It worked out alright. Thanks to everyone who made it.

Just remember: Happy cows come from Skywalker Ranch! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.