main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Triple A Fatigue and the Soul Draining Disappointment of Being a Modern Filmgoer

Discussion in 'Community' started by ArtSchmo, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Are you suffering from "Triple-A Fatigue"?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Just because The Dark Knight is not a complete trainwreck doesn't make it a great movie.

SuperWatto likes this.
  2. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Just keep Battlestar Galactica on constant re-watch loop and everything will be fine.

StarKiller81 and Rylo Ken like this.
  3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Great poet.

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Seems like we're in a kind of golden age of subscription tv. The Netflix Marvel programming is almost infinitely better than the Marvel movies. There's so much content in paid services, and some of it is good. Outlander on Starz. Veep. The first season of Game of Thrones. Two episodes of Girls.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Triumph's election special.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Burt Reynolds is going to make a comeback - then everything will be alright.

GregMcP and SuperWatto like this.
  7. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    yeah i hate movies too.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    it is possible to go to the movies and not drain the souls of others. If this is a problem for the OP, then they just outed themselves as a ginger. It is widely known that gingers get their freckles from stealing souls and all gingers have freckles. If the OP is soul-draining at the movies it's clear the OP is a ginger.

9. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    how do you drain the souls of others at movies? vampire the **** out of their psychic space?

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Cannonball Run revival.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The whole thread derailed by the proposal that Blacklist is good TV.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Look I'm not 100% sure, because they haven't yet made a film about Nicolas Cage taken down a coven of redheads but I think a ginger just has to be within a certain proximity to someone to steal their soul. The older the red-head, the further they can extend their soul drain power.

Gingers who reach a certain level of power lose their red hair and go white so they're effectively incognito. They're the most powerful of all.

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    oh through their hair? i'll bet the ginger lad from the north in games of throwns had some real soul-stealing power but he's dead now i think so i guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    that reminds me, i used to suffer from triple a fatguy but things are much, much better now. i wonder if a gingee stole my fat through his hair? because it's not like i worked it off or anything.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He was probably inexperienced but it's likely. See here as Nic Cage acts out a scene in which his ginger character steals Meryl Streep's soul in the film "Ginger Soul Stealers"

[​IMG]

Streep is thinking "did I just leave my soul behind today or something? Where is it?"

16. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    in my opinion, streeps is thinking "what crap accent shall i employ for this movie?"

Master_Lok and tom like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We call them daywalkers

Master_Lok and Ender Sai like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I'm really tired of all the triple A BS corporations are trying to push on us.

I'll stick with double A batteries, thank you very much. [face_talk_hand]

19. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Certain kind of movies make feel sleepy. I can't seem to handle boring dramatic and animated films.

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, OP, I haven't been to movies much since 2009, 3 new films a year is a lot. I haven't seen anything this year yet. I prefer older films because I get the whole package, not just stories and characters and good acting, but everything is great to look at and listen to.

While I am greatly disappointed that a Disney animation exec's words have come true (Spectacle over story), like any other fannish thing I enjoy, I am selective about what I see. And if American movies have you down, world cinema has a lot of wonderful films to offer too.

After this year, it'll probably be screenings of older films more than anything else for me.

21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    These have never been my motivations - am I doing it wrong?

22. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Hmm...why so defensive? You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    A lot of people react strongly to the truth.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  24. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Did your film pitch just get rejected?

StarKiller81 likes this.
  25. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    For **** sake be careful what you say, they are everywhere and are probably monitoring this thread. Sometimes they wear wigs to disguise themselves.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Ender Sai like this.