main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Tristan Betrayal...(A/P; L/L; OC's and old faves) **Finally Updated!! 7/8/08** Author Replies Up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Jen, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh I do hope Tristan remembers those feelings down the road. Things are starting to look very ominous for the jedi. Well done once again.

2. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    *chants 'love is all around'* Tristan and that woman seemed pretty comfortable together. :)

On the other hand, there is so much dark coming... Like everyone else, I have a really bad feeling about the training and the whole mission.

Loved Anakin showing signs of frustration, him comparing Tristan and Obi-Wan, and their thoughts on the slaves. The chapter isn't that long, but still so rich with details!

As always, amazingly done. =D= =D= =D= I'm glad that you were able to defeat the DRL, and I hope to see an update soon.

CrazyAni

3. Kelia-Jen

Kelia-Jen Jedi Master star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Aiel Great chapter.

Thanks. :)

RebelMom Lurker finally de lurking. I've been reading since the beginning - got pulled in by the name. I'm a Robert Ludlum fan.

Well, welcome out of lurkdom. ;)

I like how Anakin has remained light but still has the same tendancies as he had when he went dark.

That's my favorite part of writing this fic, making Anakin so different, yet keeping him the same. It's also the biggest challenge.

VaderLVR Each post just draws me in more and more!

We hope to keep it that way. Thanx for reading. [face_dancing]

randomangel22 Umm...I wouldn't feel to chummy about training anyone for Darthormir

Me neither. [face_worried]

HandmaidenVeme I've got a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad feeling about this!!! This all stinks of the darkside!!!

You think so? ;)

FitJedi Well done once again.

Thank you. :D

CrazyAni *chants 'love is all around'* Tristan and that woman seemed pretty comfortable together.

They sure did. :)

Loved Anakin showing signs of frustration, him comparing Tristan and Obi-Wan, and their thoughts on the slaves.

Thanks. As I said above, that's the challenge, keeping Anakin's basic personality traits while also making him the mature one in this Skywalker/Kenobi partnership.

4. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    Chapter 31

Several hours passed. Anakin and Tristan both made use of the time after their talk to meditate, seeking guidance and wisdom through the Force. Finally, as the sun began to dip below the horizon, Riema appeared, clearing her throat to get their attention.

?I?m sorry to disturb you,? she apologized softly. ?The clan leaders have completed their meeting and Mother Tuija would like to meet with you now to discuss the outcome before dinner is served.?

Anakin and Tristan shared a look before both rose quickly from their mats, following Riema back to the main room of the fortress. Several dozen Nightsisters were gathered around the cooking fire talking amongst themselves while Mother Tuija stood regally in the far corner of the room.

?Jedi Skywalker, Kenobi,? she greeted formally before lowering herself onto her mat and gesturing for Anakin and Tristan to follow suit. Neither man missed the fact that despite her somewhat friendly tone of voice, her gesture was more a command than a request. Nevertheless, they both took a seat.

?My fellow clan leaders and I have decided we will honor your request to train our daughters at an undisclosed location without their mothers,? she began, her tone laced with disapproval at the very thought of it. ?However, we would like to communicate with our daughters in letters or messages once or twice a month.?

She gazed squarely into Anakin?s eyes, her look making it clear the request was not up for debate. Anakin held her gaze with his own for several moments before he answered.

?The Masters in charge of the initiates will need to approve the outgoing and incoming messages first,? Anakin replied firmly.

Tuija recoiled but offered no protest.

?The messages will not be altered?? Anakin paused momentarily for effect, ??as long as they do not attempt to influence our teachings.?

?We?ve already agreed on that,? Tuija huffed angrily.

?What about the males???

?No,? she interrupted. ?We are all in agreement the males are to remain here.?

She glanced across the room at the male slaves preparing the evening meal. ?Even if there are a minute few among them who possess the ability to use the Force, it is irrelevant in their lives as slaves.?

Anakin blinked in disgust, swallowing the bile rising in his throat.

?Perhaps they deserve a chance to decide for themselves in which direction their lives will go,? he said, struggling to keep his anger in check.

?No,? Tuija replied more firmly. ?They are slaves now. They have always been slaves and they always will be slaves. The gods have chosen that destiny for them and we will not go against them. Discussion of the matter is closed, Jedi Skywalker.?

Anakin looked away, frustrated he could not free the men. His eyes scanned the room, grimacing at the sight of the men, dressed in scant animal skins, serving the Nightsisters as they lounged around the fire. He had no words to describe the sorrow and disgust he felt for their station in life.

?Perhaps in the future,? he muttered under his breath.

Tristan shifted uncomfortably next to him.

?There is one other request we would like to make,? Tuija continued, oblivious to Anakin?s reaction. ?We would like our daughters trained by female Jedi only.?

?What?? Tristan balked.

?We?d like our daughters trained only by female Jedi,? Tuija said dryly. ?Assuming that in your just and fair Jedi Order you have females capable of training children.?

?Of course we do,? Anakin breathed, placing a restraining hand on Tristan?s arm. ?However, masters do not choose their padawans.?

?Excuse me?? Tuija gapped at him in shock.

?The Force guides each master to the padawan best suited for him or her,? Anakin explained. ?I cannot guarantee who the Force will guide your daughters to.?

?We believe females are best trained by females,? Tuija argued. ?We understand each other better and??

?I?m sure you do,? Anakin conceded in a quick interruption. ?But as Jedi, we trust the Force to make the right decision. It always

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Peeking around the beast, he froze, his mouth dropping open at the sight of Tristan sharing a tender kiss with one of the Nightsisters. Clenching his jaw in barely contained anger, he stepped around the rancor, clearing his throat.

Tristan and Riema jumped apart guilty.

?Padawan, are the new initiates ready for the journey?? he asked, his gaze shifting from Tristan to Riema.

?Yes, Master,? Tristan gulped. ?I followed your instructions completely.?

?I?ll see you inside,? Riema breathed, running into the Fortress, wanting to put as much distance between herself and the angry Jedi Master as she could.

Anakin gazed disapprovingly at Tristan.

?We should probably get going,? Tristan said, starting after Riema.

?In a minute,? Anakin replied grabbing his arm as he tried to quickly move past. ?You and I are going to have a serious talk first.?

Tristan sighed deeply. ?Must we, Master??

Anakin glared, leaving no room for interpretation in his look. ?Move.?

Tristan understood the message in Anakin?s eyes and did as he was told, moving off to a distance where he was sure he would receive the worst lecture of his life.

Uh oh. [face_shame_on_you] Tristan is in trouble! :D

Great update. =D=

6. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

7. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Uh-oh. Someone is about to get lectured. [face_laugh] The romance happened rather quickly. Go, Tristan!

So enjoyable as always. I hope the men will be freed someday... but these women seem to be rather stubborn about their fate.

Thanks for the update!

=D= =D= =D=

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?In a minute,? Anakin replied grabbing his arm as he tried to quickly move past. ?You and I are going to have a serious talk first.?

Tristan sighed deeply. ?Must we, Master??

Anakin glared, leaving no room for interpretation in his look. ?Move.?

Tristan understood the message in Anakin?s eyes and did as he was told, moving off to a distance where he was sure he would receive the worst lecture of his life.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh dear, poor Tristan. Lecture time!

Wonderful update, you two! =D=

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Tristan didn't waste any time, did he? Not a smart thing to do, considering the society there.

10. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    This can only lead to trouble!!!

11. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Something tells me that the Dad inside of Anakin is going to take over this little lecture, and that Tristan is not going to like this one bit. Well done, I'm still hesistant about these people but we'll see what happens next.

12. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Another great instalment, those witchies [face_frustrated] great job. =D=

13. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    This is such a great story.

I am glad I read all twentytwo pages in one-sitting.

Looking forward to the rest.

Bravo!

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Ooooh, the Nightsisters irritate me. I suppose I understand their reasoning, but grrrr....

I love the Tristan and Riema interaction--it is adorable how drawn they are to each other, but very dangerous. As is the feeling from Dathomir. I think Anakin is onto something.

Much =D=, guys--I love how this story is shifting and changing.

15. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    shameless bump

16. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    VaderLVR Uh oh. Tristan is in trouble!

He sure is. [face_worried]

Great update.

Thank you. :)

G__Anakin Great job!

Thanks. [face_dancing]

CrazyAni Uh-oh. Someone is about to get lectured.

Big time. [face_laugh]

The romance happened rather quickly. Go, Tristan!

Love at first sight, ya know. ;)

Idrelle_Miocovani Wonderful update, you two!

Thanks. :)

RebelMom Tristan didn't waste any time, did he? Not a smart thing to do, considering the society there.

No, not a smart thing at all. [face_shame_on_you]

HandmaidenVeme This can only lead to trouble!!!

Perhaps. Perhaps not. ;)

FitJedi Something tells me that the Dad inside of Anakin is going to take over this little lecture, and that Tristan is not going to like this one bit.

You might be surprised. Or not. ;)

Aiel Another great instalment, those witchies

Thank you. :)

thebadge This is such a great story.

Thanks. :D

I am glad I read all twentytwo pages in one-sitting.

Wow! :eek: All at one time? Glad you are enjoying it so much.

Luna_Nightshade Ooooh, the Nightsisters irritate me. I suppose I understand their reasoning, but grrrr....

Yeah, me too.

Much , guys--I love how this story is shifting and changing.

Thank you. :D

thebadge shameless bump

:D

17. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    Chapter 32

Anakin, still angry at what he had seen, led Tristan to a secluded spot, keeping the entrance to the Fortress in his line of sight.

?Did Master Yoda tell you where we are taking the new initiates?? Tristan asked, hoping to put off the inevitable lecture he was about to receive as long as possible.

?Yes,? Anakin replied sternly. ?But that?s not what we have to talk about and you know it.?

Tristan sighed heavily. In all the years he?d spent with Anakin, he?d never been on the receiving end of any of the lectures he?d heard Arik and Luke getting from their father. In a way, Tristan felt the coming lecture was a right of passage, another sign that he was, to Anakin, another son.

?I wasn?t doing anything wrong, Master,? he began defensively. ?Jedi are allowed to fall in?? he coughed to clear his throat,??have relationships now.?

Tristan knew he?d said the wrong thing when he saw Anakin?s look. He shifted uncomfortably under Anakin?s disapproving gaze, his eyes lowering to the ground.

?I?m well aware of that,? Anakin mused dryly. ?I?m the Jedi most directly responsible for that. However, no matter the rules, a Jedi must still be very careful about who he becomes involved with.?

?I know,? Tristan insisted.

?I wonder if you are. It doesn?t appear that way. Were you truly being careful, you?d know that you shouldn?t be getting involved with a Dathomiri witch,? Anakin chastised.

Tristan?s head snapped up. His blue-gray eyes blazed in sudden fiery anger.

?She?s not a witch!? he flared hotly. ?Riema is a sweet, wonderful woman??

?I?m sure she is,? Anakin interrupted. ?But she?s filled with the dark side. It radiates off of her in waves, Tristan. I?m sure you can feel it as well as I can.?

?Yes,? Tristan admitted. ?But she doesn?t use spells, Master.?

Anakin gazed at him incredulously. ?Does the boy really believe anyone could be filled with the dark side and not use it?? Anakin thought.

?The dark side surrounds her,? he explained. ?She may not actively use it, yet, but it is there and influences her whether she wants to admit it or not.?

?She can?t help that,? Tristan argued.

Anakin squeezed his shoulder. ?Tristan; I know Riema has good qualities but she?s too close to the dark side for you or any Jedi to get personally involved with her.You must end this relationship before it goes any further than a few kisses.?

?Why?? Tristan demanded, pulling away from Anakin?s hold. ?Even if what you?re saying is true, I can lo?be involved with Riema without our relationship changing me.?

Anakin forced himself to take a deep breath before answering. He disliked arguing with his apprentice, and he hated even more the feeling of disappointment in him he felt permeating Tristan?s thoughts.

?No, you can?t,? he replied softly. ?Riema may not call upon the dark side but it does impact her, and in turn could impact you.?

?It won?t,? Tristan persisted. ?I can handle it, Master. I know I can.?

?Tris, I?m sorry, but it?s too much of a risk,? Anakin replied, shaking his head.

?I know,? he said, bringing up his hand to stop Tristan?s protest before it began again. ?I experienced being too close to someone infused with the dark side as well.?

?And you resisted,? Tristan pointed out.

?Barely,? Anakin admitted. ?And I wouldn?t have without the support of the entire Jedi Order and the woman I love.?

?I?d have that as well,? Tristan replied weakly.

?Possibly,? Anakin acknowledged. ?But I want you to think about something. Riema?s life is one of service to the Nightsisters of this world. Their traditions, their use of spells and the dark side are her heritage and her birthright. She will remain true to what she knows, and one day you would be forced to choose between us and her. You would face the same choice between light and dark that I faced.?

Tristan looked away, unable to deny Anakin?s words.

?Trust me,? Anakin began, putting his arm around Tristan?s shoulders. ?Nothing good can come from your in

18. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    I think now I get why the story is called 'Tristan Betrayal'... [face_idea] [face_worried]

Wonderful conversation. I really loved the parallels between Obi-Wan's, Anakin's and Tristan's love lives and how the three men coped/will cope with them. Tristan may be Obi-Wan's son, but he isn't that calm and levelled.

Dark Side is very tempting, and I'm afraid that Tristan will be pulled into it, even if Riema isn't 'dark' yet.

Amazing update, and thanks for the PM! looking forward to the next one.

*applause*

CrazyAni

19. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    =D= A great installment, I'm very nervous about Tristan now[face_worried], but the conversation he and Anakin had was very well done.

Thanks so much for the PM! [:D]

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

[face_worried]

21. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?But?but?I?it feels so?so?? Tristan moaned.

?That?s your hormones talking.?

?Master!? Tristan jerked away, his cheeks flushing bright red.

?I know all about that as well,? Anakin replied.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Of course Anakin does. But I did like Tristan's rebuttals to Anakin's arguments. It was very well thought.

But I must admit that I am nervous that Tristan's now lying to his master. This can't be a good sign...

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

?It?s not fair!? he cried. ?Everybody else gets to be happy but me!?

?You?ll find happiness with someone else,? Anakin offered.

Tristan glared in response.

?Sorry,? Anakin shrugged. ?I know that?s not what you want to hear right now but it?s the truth. There?s a whole galaxy out there filled with women, and one day you?ll find the right one for you.?

?Don?t patronize me, Master,? Tristan groaned, blinking the tears from his eyes.

Anakin despised having hurt his padawan, but he truly believed he was helping the young man. In the long run, keeping him from Riema was in Tristan?s best interest.

?Master?? he asked after a few moments of silence.

?Yes??

?Did?did...the Jedi?? he paused, gathering his courage to ask his next question, ??did my father know about you and Padme??

Anakin blinked in surprise.

?We never talked about it,? he finally replied. ?But I believe he did. I never could get much past Obi-Wan.?

?Would he have let you see her? If you talked to him about it, I mean??

Anakin inhaled deeply as memories surfaced of the weak excuses he?d given of where he?d been; knowing looks and uncomfortable silences exchanged between him and Obi-Wan over the years flooded his mind.

?I don?t believe he would have ever given his approval,? he finally replied, sadness evident in his tone. ?Your father believed in and adhered to the Jedi Code all his life.?

?But he and mom?? Tristan flushed.

?Sex was never forbidden,? Anakin explained gently. ?Only attachment. Most Jedi found comfort and even love with each other, though they would never call it that. You?re not the only product of a relationship between two Jedi.?

Ah, shades of Anakin here! :D How funny that he should be so much like his Master! :p

A lovely update, and I think Anakin is right about how Obi-Wan would have seen it.

=D=

23. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh I have a bad feeling about the fact that Tristan isn't taking into consideration what Anakin is saying about the possibilities of Riema and the use of the dark side.

24. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great post !!!

25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wow! I just found this today and have really enjoyed it. I love the AU look at the Jedi, and the Skywalkers and Kenobis. I must admit to loving the young-love of Luke and Mara, too. [face_love] Can I get in on the PM list? I need to go back and read the story before this one, too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.