main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI The Trivia Monster is born!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MiraxTHorn, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Ok, now that I know there are willing vitims...er, I mean...volunteers to play Trivial Pursuit, I really want to play again! Anyone up for something this Friday night?? Maybe back at Borders by GLC? And since they close at 12, maybe we should start a little earlier than 7? (Right Diana, Huttese and Roknar? ;) )

Regards,
    M.

2. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm in for this Friday. I don't know that we would be able to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, it just isn't fair to the rest of you. J/k!

3. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm in for Friday. I have an early day (work) so I'm good to go any time after 5:30.

And Huttese...don't you worry. All of you will get yours sooner or later! I will win at least once dang it! ;)

In the mean time...I shall scour the net for harder trivia...and maybe we'll be able to make up our own cards. ;)

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I work on Friday nights,so I will have to sit this one out.:(

5. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I just may be able to make this.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I would like to come down on Friday but I can not. This will be the last weekend I have with my wife before I make here a Star Wars widow.

7. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I would love to, but unfortunately, I will be out of town on friday. I had a great time playing on Saturday. I am a true trivia junkie. Methinks that Huttese1138 is getting to big for his britches.

8. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    I was thinking we should play regular TP, rather than SW, since most of the questions are just too easy. Huttese, want to bring one of your many versions? Or should I bring Genus III?

Also, what time should we meet? Bianca said anytime after 5:30 works for her. Scott is going to come with me this time, too, btw.
    M.

9. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I had lunch with a friend today and we might have 1 more person to play.

I mentioned that we were getting together on Friday and that he could drop on by after he got out of work (8pm). So, he'll give me a call if he's still feeling up to hanging with us.

I think F&B said that he might be able to make it too...is there any one else?

And after 5:30pm is good for me.

10. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, I will bring a version. And Scooby...the britches fit just fine!

11. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I think I could swing meeeting on Fri, I have to go out to GLC for a prom dress anyway (oh goodie-goodie - I have to dress like a "girl". Blagh. [face_plain] ) so I could probibly just stay out there for a few extra hours.

12. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I wish that I could say the same, huttese, to many years and to many krispy kremes, mine don't fit anymore. :( I would have to search a little, but I do have the genus I and II somewhere and I would be glad to donate to the cause.

13. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    SwordChick don't feel bad that you have to dress up because I'm just like you. You will never see me in anything but blue jeans and tee shirts. I hate dressing up.

14. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Yeah robert, and you would look terrible in a prom dress. ;) J/K

15. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Lol! Thanks Robert - glad to know someone else knows what I'm talking about. :) It's not even the whole dressing up thing (though it never exactly thrills me) it the skirt thing... :shakes head: so impractical. Though I'm sure Robert would look quite lovely, Scooby. ;) [face_love]

16. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Come on, SC, if Princess Leia could fight a battle in a dress, you can suffer through a prom dress! Have you considered any of Padme's dresses? If you sew (or your Mom), you could make one of hers that would make a great fashion statement! In the costuming section of the message board, there are lots of ideas and how-tos.

Just a thought,
    M.

17. Roknar

Roknar Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Honestly Huttese, I don't think that I would want to play any of the versions that you have. you probably know all of the answers after having played them hundreds of times. I think Carries version is pretty good. Neither huttese or I had played it before saturday night. Also, I think Scooby does have a point, Huttese you could stand to exercise a little more.

18. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey, that's a good idea! The last dance I went to I took my Han Solo action figure as my "date" (left my exboyfriend @ home...now thinking about it I'm really glad we broke up since I was choosing 3 3/4'' plastic action figures over him)so it's not like I take em seriously. Thanks for the idea, I could probibly talk the guy I'm going with to do Anakin or Han or something. Thanks Mirax! :)

19. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Hey Roknar,it's good to see you finally posting!

BTW,I'm curious about your screen name,where is it from?

20. Roknar

Roknar Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    It is rancor Backwards except it is spelled with a K instead of the C.

21. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    The lasiest kid I know tells me I should exercise more. And actually, Roknar is a form of Roknor, which my accusation making friend developed in high school...it means pizza!

Hey do you want to play basketball tomorrow, or would you be too winded!

22. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh, and since were bashing. Anakin is spelled like so...in your sig.

Although, referring to your backward rancor, you are not the greatest speller.

23. Roknar

Roknar Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Screw you hippie!

24. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    And to everyone else, NO I do not hate Roknar.

25. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Oh, you guys are too funny!

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.