Det, MI The Trivia Monster is born!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by MiraxTHorn, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So at the trivia thing friday are we going to hear a rehearsal for the talent contest Mirax?
  2. Roknar Jedi Padawan

I would like to just put the record straight on my name, even though this will make me out to look like a bigger geek then I really would like to be. In High School a friend and I wanted to create our own language. We only came up with about 20 words and of that the only one that I remembered was the word "roknor" which meant pizza, as Huttese most eloquently put. So since I was nineteen I have used this name to sign up for everything. Everything that I have signed up for on the Internet up until now has been under the name Roknor. The reason I did not for this is because Huttese and I were discussing it and we thought that it didn't really have anything to do with Star Wars. So I decided that it kind of sounds like rancor backwards and I had him make a variation of it for me. That is where the name Roknar came from. However, now that everybody knows that it should be Roknor. I am going to attempt to switch it to its appropriate title and then I think all will be right in the world again. Well, at least my world.
  3. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    In the middle of Borders, Huttese??? I don't know about that. It's one thing to do it in character in front of fellow fans and costumers but totally different in a bookstore with random folks around and no costume. :) We'll see.

But, that just reminded me of something. Didn't someone mention that they have live bands at Borders on Friday nights? That could affect our game. I suppose we can sit somewhere besides the cafe, though, right?

Regards,
    M.

4. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tuesdays and Fridays are my late nights at work, so unfortunately, I won't be able to make it :( It's the one thing I hate about my job, and that's the Fridays that get hijaked thanks to deadlines.
  5. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Random strangers are exaclty what you will see at Celebration, albeit star wars fans...Just want to see you win Mirax!
  6. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks, D! How can I lose with this professionally mastered background track that Roknar is making! I'd really love it if as many of you as possible come to the actual event to cheer me on! You know one thing they've never mentioned are the prizes for the winners. I'm hoping for a walk-on role in Ep III. ;)

Sorry to hear you can't make it, RG!

M.
  7. Power-of_the-Force Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ummm, I got lost in all the name discussion and getting lost for me is nothing new. :) Exactly what time is the trivia match going to take place and at which Borders? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but if you could use another player I will try my best to get there.

-Kris
  8. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Kris,

The time for Friday is still in negotiations, but we're planning to meet at the Borders outside Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills. Please, do come! Hopefully, we can all agree on a time pretty soon?

M.
  9. SwordChick Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_sigh] I'm not going to be able to make it, I have to go to my uncle's 50th b-day supprise party. Hopefully I can make the next one. Have a ton of fun on Fri! :)
  10. FearAndBullets Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all, I just talked to my wife and I think I convinced her to come with me to meet all of you Friday at Borders. Oh, but I'm probably not going to stay for too much trivia, I had to promise dinner.
  11. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    F&B - That's great! My husband is coming, too. No reason our non-SW friends and family can't get in on the fun!

We still haven't settled on a time, though! Should we say anytime after 6:00 or so? I think Scott and I are going to go to a movie (The Rookie at Star GLC at 3:30 if anyone's interested) first right after school, so by the time that's out and we grab dinner, it will be about that time when we get there.

Looking forward to it!
    M.
  12. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, depending on those who work until 5pm on Friday...how about any time between 6:00 & 6:30?

That way, no one has to rush to get home, relax & eat...
  13. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Huttese and Roknor,

What happened to you guys? We missed you at Borders! Hope exams went well!

M.
  14. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I didn't make, but I did do very good on my exams. I'm back in Whitehall now, so it looks like I will be driving the farthest for meetings from now on.
  15. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad to hear you did WELL on your exams, H! (Sorry, it's a teacher thing.) We did miss you on Friday. I'll pack the game in my CII stuff, just in case the urge hits anyone to play.

See you soon,
    M.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.