main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The trivia thread... For Star Wars buffs of all ages!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ImperialRecruiter, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Okay, I've got all this "useless" trivia floating around in my head. I think it should be put to some sort of use.

So, for fun, I thought... Why not a trivia thread?...

I'll start easy, and anyone can play along. If you've got a good one, pop it on up here. That way, everyone can have fun with this.

What was the name of the merchant ship that Biggs Darklighter served as first mate on, before joining the Rebel Alliance?

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Rand Ecliptic

3. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    And the prize for first correct answer goes to DL!

And now for the next question...

What was the name of the tan-striped Ewok medicine man?

The person who correctly answers this question will get 20 HAHA points.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Easy one... Logray.

5. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    20 HaHa points to Ludo...

haha, haha, haha, haha, haha, haha, etc...

On to the next useless bit of trivia...

Here's a true or false one for everyone...

A scene was filmed for Jedi, but later cut. This scene showed Vader choking two Imperial Guards for refusing him enty to see the Emperor. True or False?

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I remember seeing a pic of a Imperial officir getting zapped with a Guard's pike, and while the Vader choking the guards sounds familiar, I'm going to go with no.

here's the pic I'm talking about, thanks to T'Bone

Further investigation says that Vader chokes/tricks a guard in a draft, though I don't believe it was filmed....full story here

7. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Isn't that Jerjerod in the picture?

Well, I've got to give our man Sebulba-X credit. He got the right answer. The Vader choking Imperial Guards scene was in a draft, but never was filmed.

Unless I'm mistaken, the scene in the picture is one that was cut involving Jerjerod displeasing the Emperor somehow. I don't know much beyond that.

On to the next one...

An Alliance convoy was destroyed and the crew killed in a surprise Imperial attack in the Derra star system. Which planet in the system did the attack take place near?

8. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I believe that would be Derra IV, and it happens as the Rebel Alliance convoy is heading to Hoth right before ESB.

9. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    For answering that question successfully, DarthStew receives one free high five from his local Imperial Recruiter!

Okay, so that's a bit of a cheesy award, but hey, it's not like I've got a bunch of real prizes to hand out.

I'll post the next question later, unless someone else wants to take a stab...

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    And now... For the next Mind Numbing question (like any of them are that mind numbing.) in our ever onward, easily answered trivia quiz...

Name the alien race known most commonly around the galaxy as Head Hunters!

11. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    BOUNTY HUNTERS???????
    LIKE BOBA FETT

12. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Tradoshans?

13. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Unfortunately, I can't award any HaHa points to lovely Lady_Lucas or dashing Qui-Gon_Ludo. Those are good guesses though. For such attempts, they shall receive 10 Nice Try's each.

Keep on guessing folks! You'll smack yourselves in the head when you hear the answer.

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    If you'll forgive an intrusion from your superior-in-every-way neighbor to the north :D , I would guess a species that little is know about. "Little" the keyword- Ewoks.

15. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    DonC, Please try again.

Well folks, one more wrong answer and I'll give the answer out. Just to make things a little easier on everyone, I'll give you some choices...

A. Tammuud
    B. Amanaman
    C. Behanian

Take your best guess folks!

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    God, i almost said Amanaman as my first awnser.... :mad:

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Curses, foiled again. I'd know this if it weren't for those meddling kids.

BTW, since the location feature on one's profile page doesn't appear to work, I thought I'd mention I'm from Cleveland. Just visiting.

18. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    15 HaHa points to Ludo for answering the trivia question!

And 10 HaHa points to DonC for colorfully posting to the thread with a Scooby Doo reference!

Let's do an easy one, now, for those kids in the back row...

What was the designation of the Stormtrooper who left his post while guarding the Falcon?

19. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
  20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Ten points, eh. Cool, what do I win. It's not Bengals tickets, is it? [face_devil]

21. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey DonC,

Where is your sig from? I don't think I remember that from Clerks.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's a highly edited, for space not content, bit from Clerks Uncensored! A video and dvd collection of the short-lived Clerks animated series. That quote is from the final episode, number six. That episode also has a hilarious scene at a comic convention where there's a huge line for "the guy that cleaned the latrines on Episode I."

23. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    padawan gets 20 HaHa points.

DonC, I hate to tell you this, but the HaHa points are like points on Whose Line Is It Anyway. You don't really win anything, but the thread of Bengals tickets is a good idea! Yes, I did say threat. I know we in Cincy are supposed to have team pride, and all the Blah, Blah, Blah Yackety Shmackety. I don't care for the Bungles though.

And the next brain stumping, mind boggling question. This one is a fill in the blank style...

Emperor Palpatine disbanded the Imperial Senate "for the duration of the (blank) only."

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Like I said, I'm from Cleveland. It's against the law here not to be a Browns fan.

25. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I'll root for the Browns or the 49'ers and any team playing against the Ravens, but I really have a hard time deciding when the Ravens play the Bengals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.