main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The True Meaning of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darthgenius77, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthgenius77

Darthgenius77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    I have often wondered about the true meaning of the Star Wars Universe. If you look at each movie individualy then there are plot errors then even the most casual fan can see. But if you look at the whole saga and all six films, you start to see something much deeper then what is on the surface. You can see that even our slightest choices have ramifications that even we could not forsee when we made those choices. Anakins turn to the darkside and eventual redemtion are all examples of what we choose have consequences. Even in the first two critically panned prequals have a much deeper meaning.

The Star Wars universe is about the ultimate battle of good vs. evil. And no matter how evil someone is, there is a little spark of humanity in their. Darth Vader was the epitome of evil, and yet his final decision was to save his son and redeem his soul. The question becomes, was that one act of selfless love enough to redeem the person who was responsible for the destruction of the Republic and the Jedi Order. The easy anwer would be no, but if you look deeper you can see that what Anakin did before he became Vader is enough to see that there was once good in him. He choose to help a group of people he had never met. He choose to come to the aid of his mentor and friend in a time when Obi-Wan needed him the most. He also choose to come the aid of someone he thought well of, when he thought that person was in trouble (I am talking of Palpatine). All of those choices were acts of caring and loyalty.

Anakin then made the worst choice possible, but even that choice was made on something he thought he could help. He thought the republic was corrupted and that Palpatine needed his help in restoring peace to the galaxy. He was manipulated into that decision, so even our bad choices can be made with the best intrests of people in their heart. Anakin then hunted down and destroyed the remaining Jedi, something he did because he was led to believe that it was the Jedi that were corrupted not Palpatine, so even that choice was something he did because he thought it was right.

What do you all think?

2. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    I think it means that there is a war in the stars :p

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Moving to Saga.

4. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Star Wars is and always has been the story of Anakin Skywalker.

!snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.